IfItPlugsIn: Building Solid Habits

3/29 - Ran 8 miles; farthest I've ever run before! Tough, but done in 86 minutes.

3/31 - Ran 3 miles

4/2 - Ran 4.25 miles; was supposed to be 5, but cut short because my husband cooked supper and I didn't want to eat cold food.

4/3 - Will run 3 miles when I get home tonight. I'm getting a new vehicle tonight when my husband gets home from work. Pretty pumped for the new car smell (and all the other bells and whistles).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lots of changes coming for this girl!  I signed up for a new gym/class, which I'm super pumped about.  They focus on functional fitness - kettlebells, barbells, pushups, pull-ups.  It's only in a class format (kind of like Cross Fit, but they hate being compared to Cross Fit), and the only time I could make it work was 5:30am.  I start next Tuesday (Barefoot Fitness is the name of the gym).  They also support/recommend Paleo, so I'm going to try to make that happen too.  I think I'll jump onto the next challenge, and see how things shake out. 

Sadly, I cancelled my Zumba license as well.  I may go and attend a class now and then, but no more teaching for me.  It just got to be a lot of work (and not as much fun anymore), class sizes were dropping, and I miss strength training.

Oh, and my half marathon was AWESOME!  My initial goal was to finish in 2:30 or less.  I blew that out of the water, and finished in 2:07:44.  Needless to say, I'm pretty proud of it.  I haven't quite decided if I ever want to run a long race again, or stick to 5K or 10K's.

Guess that's all I know for now.  I've gone through NF withdrawal, and I'm (hopefully) back, and can be more consistent.

First new workout today:

4 rounds of

Single-leg kettlebell dead lift (18lbs) 5x each side

"T" pulls outs 10x

Get-up leg lifts 10x each side

3 rounds of

Dead lift (5x90lbs/3x130/2x150 <--PR)

Pull ups - 8x w/ white band

Push-up - 5x (military, knees)

"No money" shoulder/chest stretch 15x

Hip flexor stretch 10x each side

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk