• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Jittersthe.Clown

N.A.G. 42 - Fresh faced and ready to go

It's a drive-by Harpy Hi! Hey, you guys! I hope everyone is doing well and not going insane this holiday season. Jess, I see you kicking ass all over Twitter, and it is awesome. I now aspire to deadlift panda bears. And a Doge Christmas sweater appeared in my email yesterday (so Christmas!), which made me think of Bats and Jen. Also, Motivation Badger is exactly what I needed to see this morning. It must be fate.

I intend to hit the challenges with you all again next year. The last couple of months have been a bit nuts due to double-proposal hell (but yay because money), and my innards still won't let me lift, but we have resumed the cardio at least. New challenges will probably focus a bit on food because of eating like a mastodon: according to hubs, a big, hairy, recently defrosted one, lol. I haven't really gained, but I haven't lost either, and I'm not ready to maintain yet. At any rate, good things are on the horizon.

Take care of yourselves!  :love_heart:

• Like 3

Checking in seems like a good idea.  I've decided (for those who didn't read yet) that I will be giving up my membership in my clown group at the end of this year.  It's a big decision for me, but I'm hoping it will open up other opportunities for me to explore ideas I've been having and to try to make the changes in the world (or at least the Twin Cities) that I want to see.  I ran a 10k on Thanksgiving...  it was cold, I almost gave it up, but I finished.  Been slacking on actual working out recently, so I'm going to have to step that up as well.  

I'm grateful that I am part of this community.  Nerd Fitness made me see that I can do something about my health.  The N.A.G.42 crew, however, always inspires me to do better.  You guys are the best.  Thank you.

Sounds like you'll be having an exciting 2015, Jitters!  And well done on the 10k - I'm quite jealous of your endurance running ability!

Keep us updated with the opportunity exploration :)  It's always a big decision to leave something that's a big part of your life to pursue opportunities.

Yay, Band!

I'll be not participating this challenge, I think - too much stuff going on for me right now.  I can barely manage to keep myself on track, let alone adding new goals into the mix!

On the other hand, my house is nearly clean for my rental inspection (it's amazing how satisfying it is to stand in front of a shower you've scrubbed clean), and I'll have real Internet again on Friday, so pretty soon I'll be back on the forums in full force, at least :)

Looking forward to 2015 with you lovely folks, and here's to a healthy and rewarding one!

• Like 2

Happy Fri-yay, everyone!! 

Hey, do me a favor.  If you're doing a challenge or battle log this time, could you post a link to it here so I can follow you?  So far I've found Alex and Bats' logs but I don't want to miss anyone.  I'm not doing a challenge this time, but am updating my Battle Log (see signature).  It totally helps out to support each other.  And that's what NAG42 is all about, right?  Or is it the hokey pokey?  I forget.  But at any rate, throw up a link for me! :)

I have to share this because Health Goth is apparently A Thing.  Which also apparently started in Portland, duh.  Make sure to look at all the sublinks.  I have wasted way too much time on this already so I wanted to share the pain love.