YAY for the gig and money! Being overwhelmed is no good, so I'm glad that you are meditating. I agree about the CC training, but I guess if you are in, you have time for those high reps. "Hey, I'm bored, let's do 100 push up for one set," kind of thing. Completely different for not living in "the clink". :tongue:

Well, I'm not really doing that so much as setting a timer, picking a number of reps, and just doing as many sets of that as I can. I figure I'll just stick to ten each. And I'm really in no hurry to get to the one-armed stuff.

Though, if I was in 'the clink,' then a hundred push ups would be a turn from the boredom. :)

You're keeping busy between the new job, personal training, writing a novel and that hard-core exercise plan.  You won't have time to be stressed about anything else in your life. ;)

Do you have a dojo in mind to join at the end of this challenge?

Looking good!  I'm excited to follow your progress, and to hear about your novel progress!  I've always wanted to do NaNoWriMo, but it was not the priority this time around.

Well, I'm having a lot of fun with it this time. It feels like it's been a while since I've been able to say that about any project I've undertaken. It's a good feeling.

You're keeping busy between the new job, personal training, writing a novel and that hard-core exercise plan.  You won't have time to be stressed about anything else in your life. ;)

Do you have a dojo in mind to join at the end of this challenge?

Yup! Too busy to worry.

I do actually have a dojo in mind: Bushido Judo, in Durham. They have a satellite school in Raleigh, too, so I don't have travel as an excuse. :)

Yeah Kishi! Good to see you still at it, you ain't slowed down since I left. Congrats on the job! Sorry to hear about the lowe back pain, I've got something of an issue there as well, and I am planning to take it on in the challenge. What is SMR? Well anyways, best of luck. I'll be checking in every so often!

Well, I'm having a lot of fun with it this time. It feels like it's been a while since I've been able to say that about any project I've undertaken. It's a good feeling.

Yup! Too busy to worry.

I do actually have a dojo in mind: Bushido Judo, in Durham. They have a satellite school in Raleigh, too, so I don't have travel as an excuse. :)

That looks like an excellent club.

Yeah Kishi! Good to see you still at it, you ain't slowed down since I left. Congrats on the job! Sorry to hear about the lowe back pain, I've got something of an issue there as well, and I am planning to take it on in the challenge. What is SMR? Well anyways, best of luck. I'll be checking in every so often!

Well, I have all these new kids I gotta show what for, you know? Doesn't feel right to lead without setting the pace on some level.

Anyway, SMR is self myofascial release. It's basically deep tissue/accupressure massage done via foam roller or lacrosse ball. I didn't think it was gonna work, but it ended up being pretty awesome.

Thanks for stopping in! Great to see you again.

That looks like an excellent club.

It is, and I miss it. Stokes-Sensei is a nerd who dressed up for the local anime con and runs a comic shop next to one of his schools, and Gall-sensei in Raleigh is a Whovian. I think I did not understand how good it was to be there.

Convict Conditioning Custom: 1/1

Morning Mobility: 1/1

Technical Work: 1/1

Meditation: 1/1

So far so good.

Warmed up, then...

Push Ups: 7x7

Hanging Bicycle Knee Raises: 6x4 (note: fries the grip)

Finisher: 8x30s Sprints in Place in ten minutes. (1:1.6 work:rest ratio).

And yeah. Everything's turning up well so far. Still need to do some uchikomi work before the night's out; I'll edit this here when I've gotten it done.

Pretty much. But hey, if a thread subscription is more your cup of tea, then no problem.

Yes! Narcissism level up!

Aw, what can I say? I'm just hyper picky about that kind of thing.

Curses! I have promoted vice!

Morning Mobility: 2/2

Technical Work: 2/2

Meditation: 2/2

Woot! Got everything done early today. I'm really liking the morning mobility as a ritual to do, and it wakes me up to rock the meditation afterward too.

Striking combinations resembled boxing today - 1-2-3-2, that kind of thing. Played around with changing the elevation, so, jab high, cross low, hook high, cross low. Because getting a punch blown through the stomach is as good a fight-stopper as any.

Uchi mata needs work, though. I don't think my feet are going where they need to, and it's making me scratch my head trying to figure it out.

On the other hand, boy, all those little muscles that you use to pivot and position are feeling it. Nice.

• Like 1

Morning Mobility: 2/2

Technical Work: 2/2

Meditation: 2/2

Woot! Got everything done early today. I'm really liking the morning mobility as a ritual to do, and it wakes me up to rock the meditation afterward too.

Striking combinations resembled boxing today - 1-2-3-2, that kind of thing. Played around with changing the elevation, so, jab high, cross low, hook high, cross low. Because getting a punch blown through the stomach is as good a fight-stopper as any.

Uchi mata needs work, though. I don't think my feet are going where they need to, and it's making me scratch my head trying to figure it out.

On the other hand, boy, all those little muscles that you use to pivot and position are feeling it. Nice.

Nice getting everything done early! :)

I know what you mean by the little pivoting muscles.

Every since I picked up boxing, I am pivoting more instead of the Jet Li bounce and BOY do I feel it! I think I had a weird mini side calf cramp one evening. WEIRD.

Nice getting everything done early! :)

I know what you mean by the little pivoting muscles.

Every since I picked up boxing, I am pivoting more instead of the Jet Li bounce and BOY do I feel it! I think I had a weird mini side calf cramp one evening. WEIRD.

I know, right? Helps the day feel better.

Yeah. Pivoting as a move just puts this weird lateral stress on the muscles that they normally don't deal with. Freaky.

Hurray! Just seeing you going at it helps me keep motivated too! Way to go! :)

Thank you! Y'all are the reason I go so strong - I'm motivated to be an example.

I really love seeing those complete fractions. Like it legitimately feels so good to look at them.

Hahaha. Great job as always man.

Doesn't it though? That's why I like 'em. And, they give me another kind of motivation to get up and get things done.

Thanks a lot for stopping by.

• Like 1

I know, right? Helps the day feel better.

Yeah. Pivoting as a move just puts this weird lateral stress on the muscles that they normally don't deal with. Freaky.

Pivoting is awesomely evil. You don't realize the work at first and then it's like "crap, how am I all sore?"

And here I thought there would be lots of strawberries recipes =P

Congratulations on your new gig Kishi, may you get everything you need from it!

Some pattern I´ve been noticing is that every time I come and  read your challenges I learn some new concept like "pivoting" just now. Go leader! XD