Who shoots and/or hunts?

when your fine motor skills go to shit.

Thus the reason I prefer my Glock.  It goes bang every damn time, and there's no pesky external safeties to screw with.  I love 1911's (and Rugers, and all the others), but I've trained without external safeties for so long, I don't want to have to retrain with them.  

• Like 2

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

Thus the reason I prefer my Glock. It goes bang every damn time, and there's no pesky external safeties to screw with. I love 1911's (and Rugers, and all the others), but I've trained without external safeties for so long, I don't want to have to retrain with them.

I don't hate other fire arms, I just find what works for me and stick with it. I'd carry a lavendar banana gun if I could shoot it straight and it cycled every time.

• Like 1

Hammer = external safety. 1/10, would not trust my life with.

My training log

Spoiler

Hudson Valley Strongman presents Lift for Autism (USS), April 16th Contest report

Hudson Valley Strongman presents Lift for Autism (NAS), April 18th Contest report

Eighth Annual Vis Vires Outdoor Strongman Competition (Unsanctioned), August 1st Contest report

"What's the difference between an injury that you train around and an injury that you train through?"

"A trip to the hospital"

Lol. Looks like a single shot. Drop it on the floor after firing and you have a mobility-reducing landmine.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

"Strong in purpose and strong in action; strong within and strong without; strong against foes that are seen and strong against foes that are unseen; all the way up and all the way down, all the way around and all the way through; first, last and always—strong!"

Lol. Looks like a single shot. Drop it on the floor after firing and you have a mobility-reducing landmine.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

So it's a multi-use defensive apparatus?  I like it.  :D 

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

Anyone here shoot service rifle or smallbore competitions? I've never hunted but do a fair amount of rifle competition shooting and will be looking into getting a pistol after I complete college.

I would not mind trying service rifle but I have not had an opportunity yet. I noticed attendence at a lot of the local small bore events have dropped as the .22 drought continues to be a problem.

Locally .22 is still impossible to find for some reason.

I would not mind trying service rifle but I have not had an opportunity yet. I noticed attendence at a lot of the local small bore events have dropped as the .22 drought continues to be a problem.

Locally .22 is still impossible to find for some reason.

This ammo shortage is still a killer. Now that everything has gone to production I can find .223 at on ok price now and then. On the other hand now that everything has gone to production I cannot find powder to reload with which is a real killer since I can reload .223 for about $.20 a round instead of buying it for $.40   :mad-new:

Semper Gumby-Always FlexiblePain is weakness leaving the body.FITOCRACY

This ammo shortage is still a killer. Now that everything has gone to production I can find .223 at on ok price now and then. On the other hand now that everything has gone to production I cannot find powder to reload with which is a real killer since I can reload .223 for about $.20 a round instead of buying it for $.40   :mad-new:

Yeah, something is crazy when I find myself leaving rimfires at home and taking centerfires because I know it will only be slightly more expensive and I'll be able to replenish it much quicker!  I have dies for 45 and 9, none yet for .223 or 5.56. I am a little leery about reloading .223 or 5.56 though, due to recent state law changes the 2 lowers I have are basically the only ones I'll ever be able to own and if one gets blown out from an over pressured round I'm screwed. Granted it's usually the BCG and upper that takes the most damage.. but still a risk, albeit remote one.

If you can double charge a 223 case you are doing it wrong. VERY wrong.

• Like 1

My training log

Spoiler

Hudson Valley Strongman presents Lift for Autism (USS), April 16th Contest report

Hudson Valley Strongman presents Lift for Autism (NAS), April 18th Contest report

Eighth Annual Vis Vires Outdoor Strongman Competition (Unsanctioned), August 1st Contest report

"What's the difference between an injury that you train around and an injury that you train through?"

"A trip to the hospital"

I did blue dot loads once, and the reduced noise was a real treat. I passed my 223 along to my father last year as a calling rifle after I built my Savage 243. I had exactly zero need for a second 243, but I didn't like the 30-06 that I used for the base either. 30-06 is more gun than anyone needs here in NY. So I bought a take-off 243 barrel from a forum and did the barrel swap myself, and put it all in a take-off walnut stock. I topped it with a fixed Leupy 2.5x and have the best woods rifle on planet earth. An 85gr Sierra bthp is a deathray.

All that said, hand load the 223. I dont remember the load, but I got it from 6mmbr.com. It's whatever their accuracy load with a 50gr VMax is. It's just plain magical.

When you start hand loading rifle, trickle and weigh every charge. It makes the difference between 2MOA ammo and 1/2MOA ammo.

My training log

Spoiler

"A trip to the hospital"

It's my everything rifle and everything load. Like a Swiss army knife that goes bang.

My training log

Spoiler

"A trip to the hospital"

Anyone here shoot service rifle or smallbore competitions? I've never hunted but do a fair amount of rifle competition shooting and will be looking into getting a pistol after I complete college.

Crazily, I've never really wanted an AR until Pres. Hussein tried to ban them. Now, I guess just to piss him off, I want one. Also, being in Law Enforcement, I could actually justify having one...at least that's what I'm going to tell my wife!!!

• Like 3

"A sharp knife is nothing without a sharp eye" - Koloth

"Ya can't grill it until ya kill it" - Uncle Ted

"If it ain't Metal...IT'S CRAP!!!" - Dee Snider

Crazily, I've never really wanted an AR until Pres. Hussein tried to ban them. Now, I guess just to piss him off, I want one. Also, being in Law Enforcement, I could actually justify having one...at least that's what I'm going to tell my wife!!!

You be suprised at the number of friends I have that their "departments" are constantly requiring them to upgrade their gear..at least as far as their wives know ;)

I was thinking about adding a new bolt action, possibly a ruger gunscout. It won't shoot 1 moa at 500 yards but its plenty for what I would need it for.

I like the Gunsite rifle, but the price is absurd like every other M77. I would buy a Stevens 200 or an old Savage 110 and stock it in whatever blows your skirt up. I live 5 minutes from Remington Arms but wouldn't buy a Remington product if given the option.

My training log

Spoiler

"A trip to the hospital"

From what I've read they are only moving Bushmaster and their Korean-made 1911 out of NY. Everything that doesn't offend our delicate sensitivities will stay here for the time being.

My training log

Spoiler

"A trip to the hospital"

From what I've read they are only moving Bushmaster and their Korean-made 1911 out of NY. Everything that doesn't offend our delicate sensitivities will stay here for the time being.

True enough.  I do wonder how long they will last in total though.  Especially after other manufacturers have entirely relocated their operation for similar reasons (like Magpul).  

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

There is some litigation in the pipeline that will probably be the deciding factor. This area will collapse entirely if they move out. It's already a shit hole. I can only imagine what would happen if the primary employer uprooted.

My training log

Spoiler

"A trip to the hospital"