EmCee's Louder Than A Lion Challenge

EmCee

First StrongLifts workout is in the books. I realized I needed to do it today because it would be tough to get it done on Sunday (my youngest a birthday).

So:

Back Squat: 5x5 @ 65

Bench Press: 5x5 @ 45

Pendlay Rows: 5x5 @ 45

Back Squat felt great... easy, in fact. Bench press was way too light but it's been forever since I benched so I was concerned by the 4th or 5th set it would too heavy. The rows were... interesting. Easy but my back kinda groaned in that bent over position. This makes me concerned about the DL in Workout B but we'll see. I plan to add 10 total pounds to BS on Friday and then only increase in 5 lb increments moving forward.

Then did 3x10 of back extensions and GHD.

Letting go is the hardest asana. 

Instagram: WholeBodySwoleHeart

Back Squat felt great...

YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, you can do bent over rows versus pendlay. 

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

Could seated cable rows be an alternative till the back gets even further shored up via DLs for a few weeks?

Sounds like you're doing amazing, which comes as a surprise to exactly nobody.  :)  

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." --GK Chesterton

Domine, non sum dignus ut intres sub tectum meum, sed tantum dic verbo et sanabitur anima mea...

http://www.facebook.com/#!/jbaileysewell

Back Squat felt great... easy, in fact. Bench press was way too light 

Awesome job! Back at the weights and they feel easy!! WOOT!!

"You can't climb the ladder of success with your hands in your pockets." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

"The important thing is not to think much but to love much; and so do that which best stirs you to love." - St. Teresa of Avila

Current Challenge: Seeks Balance | Battle Log: Ye Olde Battle Logge | NF Character: Public Profile | Strava 

Stronglifts AND Raptors?  This just keeps getting better.

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself" -- Tolstoy

Not sure if it was buzz or woody that said it though.

Spartan double trifecta progess:

100%
100%

Tough Mudder "10 x Legionnaire":

100.0%
100.0%
"Run ALL the things or die tryin'"
110%
110%

fitocracy Ogre Magi Lvl 16 Ranger STR: 38|DEX: 58|STA: 59|baCON: 34|WIS: 30|CHA: 30

Previously Completed: Spartan Trifecta, Enough TM Headbands to make a ski mask

YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, you can do bent over rows versus pendlay. 

Yes! I will try this. 

Could seated cable rows be an alternative till the back gets even further shored up via DLs for a few weeks?

Sounds like you're doing amazing, which comes as a surprise to exactly nobody.   :)

Going to see what the DL's feel like and then sub for cable rows if they are iffy. And thanks <3

Awesome job! Back at the weights and they feel easy!! WOOT!!

Yes! Thanks!

yay stronglifts!

Hooray!

Stronglifts AND Raptors?  This just keeps getting better.

Right?

Cline beat me to it. 

I hates the rows. Hates them, precious. 

Glad you were able to handle the squats with no problem!!! Fingers crossed for the deadlifts!!!!!!!!!

Mine tooooo!

Pretty much.

<3

Also, this came in the mail today: 

05af87b3-0218-4977-9cb7-bd240cbce42b_zps

• Like 1

Me too! And thank you :tongue:

Meh - it was alright. 

I kidddd, I kid. I had a great time with BigM. 

Newp. 

I can't believe I put up with you and your demands for so long either! 

As soon as I saw you posted this, I began the hunt. I totes found him. 

69a4e31c-c938-4d3c-a159-51b7df66b140_zps

I'm pretty sure he wants to bite me. Look at this thing! 

yesssss!!!

“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”

Today:

Fasted the entire day accidentally - left my lunch at home. 

GYM:

Stretch, foam roll

100m intervals on the rower, 7 intervals, 30 sec rest - under 1:56 each row

- This was big for me since I couldn't row for a long time either. 

Handstand practice. Hand some guy from the incoming step class time my freestands - 0:26 was the longest. 

Sprint intervals - 200m @ 5, 200m @ 5.5, 100m @ 3, 200m @ 6, 200m @ 6.5, 100m @ 3, 200 m at 7.

Truthfully, I wouldn't normally do my intervals that way but I was bound and determined to run longer and faster than the dude on the dreadmill next to me. Success. 

• Like 2

Truthfully, I wouldn't normally do my intervals that way but I was bound and determined to run longer and faster than the dude on the dreadmill next to me. Success. 

I would like to pretend that I normally don't do this, but I 100% do. Not only can I run farther than you, but I can also do it faster and make it look like nothing. Internally sometimes that's not the case but they don't need to know about that do they?

Race: Dwarf Class: Ranger Level: 3

STR: 9 | DEX: 7 | STA: 9 | CON: 6 | WIS: 9 | CHA: 8

Current-5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

When you can't run, you crawl, and when you can't crawl - when you can't do that... You find someone to carry you

I would like to pretend that I normally don't do this, but I 100% do. Not only can I run farther than you, but I can also do it faster and make it look like nothing. Internally sometimes that's not the case but they don't need to know about that do they?

I'm pretty sure it didn't look like nothing - my short little legs were bookin' it.

I used to get a ton of satisfaction out of squatting heavier and deeper than the dude in the rack next to me. I can't wait for that day again!

• Like 1

SQUATS AND DEADS TODAY!

*jumps around happily*

It was for me too!!!!!

chastain_brandi.jpg

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines