• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

The Shogun

Operation Impending Doom II

The original "Operation Impending Doom" was the first official attempt by The Rising Nerds Shogunate to get control over his life conquer the universe. It was a failure of epic proportions. After the fires were put out, significant changes were made —beginning with quitting a overly time-consuming but underpaid job—. But then, the mighty Shogunate found itself with nothing to do, and hence Operation Impending Doom II was born!

While Operation Impending Doom was a very heavily military operation —with unrealistic goals, not accountability system or sense of reality whatsoever— Operation Impending Doom II seeks to use stealth, espionage and sabotage as paths to conquest. All while gathering crucial information, assessing the operation's weaknesses, making it vulnerable to our big... space ship... gang! 

Title_01.png

Yay, we're doomed! 

DIET / FITNESS GOALS

Mission Objective One: Give up sugar on all its forms

This is bigger than sugar, Gaz! This is the fate of all mankind!

One of the things I have to assume is that eating paleo right now is a luxury I can't afford —I couldn't even with a job #ThirdWorldProblems— but that doesn't prevent me from taking care of my diet, specially those things I seem unable to resist. One of them, and the one that concerns me the most, is Sugar. I'm addicted. Diabetes runs in the family and while I do everything I can to lead a simple, mindful and stress-free life and environment, I want to get rid of that angry monkey on my back.

GIR_and_Monkey_1.jpg

This is my favorite show!

Also, I believe working on this kind of goals, along with a few tools like meditation and yoga can help me —or anyone— to develop the attitude, the skill, and the habit to identify urges, anxiety, and let it all go. (I suffer from emotional eating and anxiety issues).

Skoodge_006.PNG

Mission Objective Two: Train Ninjutsu three times per week

You're trained as an Invader, Zim. Battle tanks are for hardened soldiers

So often I focus so much on my regular workout routine (yoga in the mornings, HIIT or a bodyweight circuit before lunch in a fasted stated) that I forget the main reason why I started to train in the first place. I am a Monk, I should train like one. I tried some excuses like "Well, I'm doing chain punching in my workout" but the truth is that's not working. Doing my cardio is not the same as training martial arts, so I'll keep both things separated and make sure to train at least an hour of ninjutsu three times per week. Also, I find it very useful because I'm writing what will be the teaching and evaluating program of my upcoming dojo.

Mission Objective Three: Improve my numbers in my workout routine.

Very well, My Tallest; in order to claim my battle tanks, I will allow the evaluation of my incredible brain meats.

I don't want to neglect my workout routine because I'm working in these goals —Sometimes I come up with pitiful excuses like that— so I'm making it part of the challenge. Also because I want to accomplish some mini-goals or objectives I've set myself with this routine. These are:

Progressively improve my yoga practice: make sure I add a few poses, don't stick doing the same.

Finish the Hundred Push-ups Program (I'm currently on Week 2, Day 1).

Retake and Improve my Jumping Rope condition. I used to jump rope, a lot, when I was training Wing Chun. But I neglected it and I've lost it. I've been using recently it as a warm up and in my cardio. So far I've been measuring the number of jumps I can do in a row, but I'm not an expert on this. So maybe I can do this in a smarter way.

640px-Another_day_for_the_Tallest.png

Zim: Um, is it supposed to be stupid?

Purple: It's not stupid. It's advanced!

Life Goal

Mission Objective Four: No iPhone an hour before bedtime. No computer before noon.

Can I call myself a man if I am a slave to the machine?

You would think that being unemployed, I'd wake up at noon. But I've been forcing myself to wake up at —almost— the same time every day and do my morning ritual/routine, some yoga, study, etc. But it's only by force of habit and resolution that I wake up. I feel sleepy every morning and my willpower gets affected. Sometimes I neglect something I need to do to nap a little because I'm too tired. Why? Because I spent sleepless hours the night before reading Lifehacker articles or listening to the Rue Morgue Podcast in my iPhone —which I take to bed with  me—. So no more taking my iPhone to bed with me, I'll put in my standing desk an hour before bed and find some other time to listen to my favorite podcasts. Also, after spending almost a year without a computer, my new has become a big temptation to neglect other things and to-dos. So no computer before noon. Simple, right?

634px-Smikka_declaring_war.png

Let the revolution begin!

• Like 2

Ah, I see it, there it is.

I know that feel, regarding technology and bed. Myself, I have to cut things off for an hour or so before I go to bed, or else I'm just up way too late. I forget to sleep.

• Like 1

imma send you 10 bajillion million hugs.  They won't necessarily help, but keep them in your reserve for when you need them. 

Sé que puedes hacerlo, porque tengo fe en sus capacidades (hope i got that right, my spanish is a bit rusty)

• Like 1

Ah, I see it, there it is.

I know that feel, regarding technology and bed. Myself, I have to cut things off for an hour or so before I go to bed, or else I'm just up way too late. I forget to sleep.

But there are so many amazing things in the internets! =(

Now I do some yoga, meditation or just watch the ceiling in a Shinji Ikari emoment until I fall sleep. Would you think I'm cheating if I listen to my podcast on my iPod nano? It has a screen... a tiny one. I just haven't decided yet.

imma send you 10 bajillion million hugs.  They won't necessarily help, but keep them in your reserve for when you need them. 

Sé que puedes hacerlo, porque tengo fe en sus capacidades (hope i got that right, my spanish is a bit rusty)

This is how I normally react to hugs, but I'll take them.

And yes! You got it —almost— right. "sus" means their. The impressive thing is that you remembered to use the ´ in the e. Not many people do that, not even native speakers.

=D thank you

We can always practice, or I can always write my comments on your challenge in Spanish. Also, there are my Spanish facebook status,mostly complaining about my country political madness or commenting on Doctor Who.

• Like 1

Oh, God. I have to listen to the whole thing now.

Why. Why....

Also, I don't think you're cheating if you use your podcasts. Just make sure you can't see the screen of the iPod and you should be go.

• Like 1

SHOGUN OF THE RISING NERDS RETURNS WITH IMPENDING DOOM II!!!

Coincidentally... the band Impending Doom has also just released another new album. ;)

Good luck sir!

• Like 1

Sounds like and awesome challenge, Shogun.  I definitely relate with trying to keep a schedule going while you're unemployed.  It's tough.  As for the no-computer things before bed, I try to do that, too.  Put away everything and chill out in bed with a book until I drift off.  It's honestly done wonders for my sleep quality.

Let the doom come forth!

Sounds like and awesome challenge, Shogun.  I definitely relate with trying to keep a schedule going while you're unemployed.  It's tough.  As for the no-computer things before bed, I try to do that, too.  Put away everything and chill out in bed with a book until I drift off.  It's honestly done wonders for my sleep quality.

Let the doom come forth!

The thing is.. I don't want to have the light turned on. =( I've been thinking of things to do if I'm unable to sleep. So far I've come up with Meditation, Moar Yoga and Listening to Podcasts... maybe audiobooks?

the pulpiest audiobooks you can find. Like, pure brain candy. Something that you can disengage from and still enjoy.

Mm... off hand, I'd recommend the Dresden Files. I start reading those, and as awesome as they are, late at night, I can fall asleep to them.

• Like 1

+1 to the Dresden Files.  You got 14 to go through at this point, plus a compilation novel of all the short stories Butcher has put together.  After that, I'd probably at least recommend the first two Phillip Marlowe stories by Chandler.  I never realized how hardboiled/noir Dresden was until I read those things.

Everything is ready for tomorrow! All my productivity mad ninja skills have been tuned, Measurements and pictures taken. Brand new workout journal made, motivational music, alarm, audiobooks and podcasts downloaded; I'm all ready!

Let us rain some doom down upon the heads of our doomed enemies!!

I'm gonna sing the doom song in a loop until tomorow first official mission report.