• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

The Shogun

Operation Impending Doom II

ooooo sounds good.  Gotta get it too.  I like horror flicks but they have to be really good - not the cheese and gore stuff (i loooooved Secret Window).

I am downloading it!!!

ooooo sounds good.  Gotta get it too.  I like horror flicks but they have to be really good - not the cheese and gore stuff (i loooooved Secret Window).

Seriously guys, don't hate me if you don't like it. Based on my own experience I usually like the movies other people hate, and in the words of the people who watched this one —and American Mary— with me: "Of course you like it, you're the horror freak, you're crazy." But again... this is Nerd Fitness... Maybe I'll grow up someday and create my own website called Horror Nerd Fitness with exercises like "Run from Jason!" "The Ultimate Slasher Workout: 3sets 10reps of Woodchoppers with a Saw and...", But if you do like them... we're gonna be best friends forever.

Damn, I gotta catch up with all the Whovians here. I finished off Netflix eps., but, still behind.

Nice job fighting off the food temptations. Also, wrath is useful for training with a bag, or on your own, where you can't hurt someone with it. It's good stuff; makes the training a lot more intense, and honestly I think it might even help the mind-body connection, which makes things even better.

Oooh how exciting, didn't realise it was coming out so soon! 

I KNOW!!!! This saturday I'm gonna be just as annoying as any sports fan during a game, updating my facebook status every 30 seconds with comments like "Uh, no, bad call Doctor!" or "I can't believe what just happened! This Time War is fixed!", "MOFFAAATTTTT!!" and stuff like that. 

Lord no , Invader Zim  :)  That first page is so NSFW  , and now I just have to dig up my DVD's & watch em again :s

NSFW? I bet your boss loves Invader Zim.

Today, I woke up naturally at my usual time but... I decided to enjoy one of the few benefits of not having an office job and got back in bed and sleep until an hour before my workout time. I did my mourning routine and then my workout. Everytime I do one more push-up than what I used to believe I could I feel so happy =D and the fact that I can see my progress in such a clear way helps a lot. 

MISSION ONE: Succeded today, but tomorrow I'm going to a birthday party. There will be a bbq so plenty of meat and paleo stuff but also a lot of rum and beer and the usual cake, so I'm going to take the Caponerd's Approach and enjoy myself but make sure I stay on course working out before the party and get back on the fasting and workouts on Friday. It'd be good practice for the Holidays

MISSION TWO: Well, today it's not practice day for me, but I created a routine for my training sessions (instead of just training whatever I feel like) and wrote a lot in my little ninja scroll... "Studying" Martial Arts sure works as a Language Practice.. I've learned a lot of Japanese.

MISSION THREE: Workout done with less rest between circuits, just after my planks =( 30 seconds of rest only. On Friday I'll try to see how much can I do with no rest between sets. I only know no rest means less reps in my push-ups or one-leg squats.

MISSION FOUR: I kinda failed this one last night... I stayed up until late with my phone, but only because I was talking with a girl. 

4d3917cef531ebb5033141f6cfbfb5f6.jpg

There was not way I was going to tell her that I had to put my phone away... and I didn't feel like to. Today, I told her and gave her an ultranerd explanation regarding blue light and melatonin and willpower and... I didn't know I was such an expert on that subject! (All my knowledge of this is before Steve's article but I sent it to her too).

Tomorrow I bet it's gonna be easy to fall asleep.

Depleted sleep plus increased working out plus decreased rest times generally equates to deeper, better sleep.

Seriously guys, don't hate me if you don't like it. Based on my own experience I usually like the movies other people hate, and in the words of the people who watched this one —and American Mary— with me: "Of course you like it, you're the horror freak, you're crazy." But again... this is Nerd Fitness... Maybe I'll grow up someday and create my own website called Horror Nerd Fitness with exercises like "Run from Jason!" "The Ultimate Slasher Workout: 3sets 10reps of Woodchoppers with a Saw and...", But if you do like them... we're gonna be best friends forever.

Super horror flick nerd here too :)  I'll watch the cheesy stuff, but don't ask me to like it (i have about 90% of movie adaptions of Stephen King's books - i'm yet to get to IT, it scared the bejeesus outta me when i was 10).

Also no one is stopping you from creating those workouts now ;) - maybe you could do a challenge for the Monk's where all the mini's revolve around horror flicks.

MISSION FOUR: I kinda failed this one last night... I stayed up until late with my phone, but only because I was talking with a girl. 

aaawwww - the things we do for the opposite sex ;)

Super horror flick nerd here too :) I'll watch the cheesy stuff, but don't ask me to like it (i have about 90% of movie adaptions of Stephen King's books - i'm yet to get to IT, it scared the bejeesus outta me when i was 10).

Also no one is stopping you from creating those workouts now ;) - maybe you could do a challenge for the Monk's where all the mini's revolve around horror flicks.

aaawwww - the things we do for the opposite sex ;)

That's it! Book a plane from Brazil to Venezuela. We're getting married.

• Like 1

That's it! Book a plane from Brazil to Venezuela. We're getting married.

this is the funniest marriage proposal to date ;) 

Don't tempt me though, LOL.

MISSION ONE: Succeded today, but tomorrow I'm going to a birthday party. There will be a bbq so plenty of meat and paleo stuff but also a lot of rum and beer and the usual cake, so I'm going to take the Caponerd's Approach and enjoy myself but make sure I stay on course working out before the party and get back on the fasting and workouts on Friday. It'd be good practice for the Holidays

Thanks for the shout-out! I do what I can. Now I'll be checking in on Friday to make sure you are do. Accountabilibuddies 4 life!

Love the Invader Zim theme, man! By the way, what do you think about the voice acting in Latin Spanish and English? I think most VA are way better in Latin Spanish, specially Gaz. The only one English one that feels better is Zim. Opinions?

Talk about doing a lot of stuff! Great way to keep yourself busy and progressing! How is the cooking project coming up?

¡Mucho éxito Sparaucchio!

Los saludos desde México son obligados:

Pfffft! how inaccurate! Everybody knows our butchers dance randomly in the streets WITHOUT roses!! Get your facts straight Vazquez! 

Man. If you can get south of the border territories and into Mexico proper, it looks like a magical place.

I'M HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There's been good and bad reasons for my absence. But I'm so so sorry. I mean it... I'm David Tennant Doctor Who So So Sorry.

im-so-so-sorry-doctor.gif

Also, I'm not getting notifications from the forums, they seem to get buried in the gmail's way or organizing my mail. Any way to get around that?

Besides that, the bad reason I've been off the forums is because I fell off the wagon last week. I've been dealing with insomnia. I go to bed at my usual time (10:00pm) most of the days but I found myself wide awake until 3;00am most of the days. As a consequence I spent the rest of the days with low levels of energy and willpower and with no desire to do anything at all. The holidays are beginning and that means a lot of calls and invitations to party and drinking reunions.

It also made me very angry... because I know better. I know how to break that ongoing spell. Or I should know, anyways.

Last week I made some progress, sticking to my computer and phone fast goal and working out but I've been focusing most of my time in a new gig I have tomorrow. I'll be giving some talks for two big companies (in my country) about assertive communication and gamification techniques, along with other several speakers. It's a good thing because I mean I get to have SOME money for the holidays and it'd be a great opportunity to network and maybe find a new job.

Either way. It's time to leave that in the past and continue on this challenge. I WON'T allow Operation Impending DOOM II to be a failure too. So here on.

Allons-y!

Phew. As long as that's all it is. I was afraid you were facing something political again.

GO TO SLEEP, SHOGUN.

shogun arises!!  dude seriously get some sleep.  I find that any kind of exercise wipes me out completely - it's been the best cure for insomnia i've ever had.  I hope it settles soon.

hugs xx

Phew. As long as that's all it is. I was afraid you were facing something political again.

GO TO SLEEP, SHOGUN.

t_cab0aad3183641978d34c628083b650d.jpg

That's my secret, Kishi. I'm always facing something political. Yesterday we had elections (for mayors) and there's been some economical crazyness going on.

I'm on my first day of the workshop and I had to wake up at 5am... Hopefully I'll be so tired by the end of the night that I'l sleep like a baby by the end of the night. I want to do some push-ups and squats before I go to bed. Good thing I'm the only one NOT sharing a room =D.