Mitch Dee's Food Fight

mitch_dee

FOOD FIGHT!!!!!

FoodFightLG_zps1c5e9cdb.gif

It’s simple, I need to change me approach to food, and this challenge will be the start of that change.

Goal 1:  Gluten Free

200_zpsaf308ee7.gif

Panda says "No flour for you!".  Last challenge I made a huge improvement over bread, but found myself going to other sources, crackers, pasta, popcorn, etc.  This challenge I will eliminate them all.  I will be focusing on being gluten free and starting my shift toward a paleo diet.

Goal 2:  Minimize the Bad Food

201_zps6e2713fa.gif

Don’t make the panda angry!  I will also be working on lowering my dairy, fat, and rice intake.  This will include "processed" foods.  Again I am not going paleo just prepping so I will allow these in controlled amounts.  I will also be removing the salt shaker from the table; salt can be used while cooking, just not after.

*For this challenge, processed foods are any foods that I do not know what the ingredients are on the back label.

Goal 3:  Bye Bye Fast Food:

1267053335-funny-gif-3_zps72153e54.gif

Fast food has to go…..I do not eat it often but when I do, I binge.  Now I realize that life will happen (40 hour work week, school, wife and 18 month old) I will probably need a quick meal, so if needed I will not be the one to go get it (this way I can’t binge and hide it all on the way home).  I will also be planning meals for the week and prepping and cooking on Sundays.  With food in the fridge at the ready the need for a fast food run will be minimized.

*I will attempt one new recipe a week focusing on paleo meals

Secret Goal: ????

Shhh…it’s a secret

I got nothing flash, nothing fancy…just fighting my food demons!

• Like 2

“It’s the sensible, logical thing to do, of course, which is why we don’t do it.” -Tanis, Dragons of Autumn Twilight

"Hope is the denial of reality. It is the carrot dangled before the draft horse to keep him plodding along in a vain attempt to reach it." - Raistlin - Dragons of Autumn Twilight

Current Challenge

giiiiiiiiifs!!!  And awesome ones too!! 

I like your goals and i'm with you on it.  You're going to be great.  Have you considered Whole30?  I've really enjoyed what it's done for me (although it's not as easy for some as it was for me - i still don't even know why that is).

Good luck hun

Half Faerie (Sidhe) Scout | Black Belt Kitchen Ninja
"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright
You're welcome to skype me (audriwolf) too but let me know who you are

My challenge

a secret goal -

need ta watch!!

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

Ooooh gifs and secrets. I'm in.

Can we guess what the secret goal is? I'd like to give my first three guesses.

1. You want to adopt a panda so the panda can keep you in check. But it's illegal to adopt pandas (as far as I know?!). So you need to ninja it up and steal one from the zoo., but of course nobody is allowed to know, which is why it's a secret goal. I understand if you can't confirm nor deny this. 

You know what? forget my three guesses, this is the one. I just have a feeling that I'm 100 % right, yep! :D

• Like 2

Just trying to get back on my feet. :)

apfelstrudi tries to find batteries

Great quest!:) I have been gluten free for several months because I am intolerant. I miss bread so much! I have had gluten-free bread but it's just not the same lol As for the bad food... if it's in the house, I WILL eat it!

Good luck!:)

Scout - Level 15 Half-Elf Ranger

STR15 | DEX5.5 | STA17 | CON39.5 | WIS18 | CHA10.5 

Challenges: Current Challenge #18 | #17 Part 2 | #17#16#15#14#13#12 Part 2 | #12#11 | #10 | #9 | #8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 Part II | #4 | #3 | #2 | #1

My Blog | Facebook | My BeachBody | My NF Character

Spoiler

Lose 84 lbs (From 219 to 135): Current weight = 202.9

100%
19%

Walk to Mordor (Hobbiton to Mount Doom - 1779 miles) [so far: 1515.60 miles  - logged to 06/13/16

[progress=purple]85[/progress]

I've tried some of the paleo bread - like pumpkin bread or carrot bread. I'm not sure if it's a cultural thing (I remember when I was in Scandinavia I could only find bread that had sweet berries in the crust) or if I'm doing something wrong, but all those breads taste like cake to me. :( 

Bread is probably what I miss most (I don't have cravings for noodles or things like that at all), but on the plus side, it gets better after a while! 

Just trying to get back on my feet. :)

apfelstrudi tries to find batteries

I like your goals and i'm with you on it.  You're going to be great.  Have you considered Whole30?  I've really enjoyed what it's done for me (although it's not as easy for some as it was for me - i still don't even know why that is).

Blaidd - I have thought about the whole30 for a future goal, but right now with everything going on and my tendency to rebel against huge change like that I don't think it's time to try it.  I am currently looking into places around me to get better whole food....especially grass fed beef and better poultry.

Love the goals, straight forward and all built on a central theme so you're not pulled in multiple directions.  Have you thought about a grading scale?  Also I'm intrigued by the "Secret Goal"!?!?!

AverageJoe, I am working on a grading scale and will hopefully get it put up this weekend, along with refining the goals a little more.

Ooooh gifs and secrets. I'm in.

Can we guess what the secret goal is? I'd like to give my first three guesses.

1. You want to adopt a panda so the panda can keep you in check. But it's illegal to adopt pandas (as far as I know?!). So you need to ninja it up and steal one from the zoo., but of course nobody is allowed to know, which is why it's a secret goal. I understand if you can't confirm nor deny this. 

You know what? forget my three guesses, this is the one. I just have a feeling that I'm 100 % right, yep! :D

Well Apf, you no longer have plausible deniability and I am officialy pointing to you as an accomplice!!  Plus that was the double secret goal you guessed....

“It’s the sensible, logical thing to do, of course, which is why we don’t do it.” -Tanis, Dragons of Autumn Twilight

"Hope is the denial of reality. It is the carrot dangled before the draft horse to keep him plodding along in a vain attempt to reach it." - Raistlin - Dragons of Autumn Twilight

Current Challenge

yeah W30 is quite an extreme, but i honestly think you could do it, but only when you're ready. 

I got your back :)

"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright

My challenge

I really like your goals, Mitch. They're totally focussed and attainable, and I reckon you'll feel so much better for doing them and eating better.

Speaking of giving up bread - I live in Korean and the break here is horrible! It's all sweet and gross. Even the butter is often sweet. If I were back in NZ it'd be so hard to give up real bread, but here? I'd rather NOT eat it! Even if I see 'foreign' bread that might be good, I just tell myself its gross Korean bread and don't eat it :D

Warrior Princess
Eating Psychology Coach

Adventure's Guild Challenge winner: Challenge #24

â•‘ Live the Whole  â•‘ Bucket List â•‘Level up my Lifeâ•‘ 

"Don't ever save anything for a special occasion. Every day you're alive is a special occasion."

That's exactly what I thought. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE GROUND.  I'm not a part of your system... Maaaaaaaaaaaaahn

I'm pretty sure that for like two weeks after that came out my friends and I quoted it randomly throughout our day. "Hey, want a cookie I made?" "I'M NOT PART OF YOUR SYSTEM!"

I'M AN ADULT

Seriously though Mitch good luck! We've got your back!

Be More Ninja

Current Challenge

Instagram

Ok, just because I did not understand the reference to the smashed cake I am going to post this here because, well, hilarity; that's why!

And than you all for checking in and the support.  I had been meaning to get on here some pre-challenge but got busy.

• Like 1

Current Challenge

Well I guess it officially challenge day 1.  Again, nothing flashy:

Goal 1:  Woot!!  Gluten Free all day long.  Breakfast was Machacka. basically a large Mexican scramble: peppers, onions, shredded beef, strips of corn tortillas, salsa, extra sharp cheese (1 oz per serving), sour cream (1 tbl per serving) avocado and fresh salsa!!  BAM, all other breakfast's may bow down!!

Goal 2:  Cheese and sour cream were measured, had 1/2 cup of left over rice with lunch.  Lunch and dinner were both chicken breast and Normandy vegetable blend......no sugar, no extra salt!

Goal 3:  No fast food.......I even said no when my wife (after working a long double shift) stopped to pick something up on the way home.....winning!

Secret Goal:  Initiated.....shhhhh

I would like you all to know that I will be reading everyone's threads.  I may not comment much but I will be keeping up.  I have almost tripled the number of people I am following and have a hard time keeping up with it all (especially you folks that get 20+ comments an hour it seems!).  I have been lucky enough to make more friends here and also have been picking a few first timers to follow and poof........before I knew it, every time I log in there are 45+ updates (99+ after I wake up in the morning)!  I hope you all know how much I appreciate you!

PS:  those that might have been stopping by for the old motivational posts, please see the link in my sig!

• Like 1

Current Challenge

wooooo mitch!! looks like you've had a good start.  Keep it going (and i totally get you on the 100's of threads to follow)

My challenge

I'm stalking.

Mainly for the secret goal.

My money is on, building on Apfel's theory, that you're then going to bench-press a panda before the end of the challenge.

• Like 2

Level 6 Pirate-Ninja Ranger

“If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude. Don’t complain.†~Maya Angelou

(STR - 12) (DEX - 8) (STA - 12) (CON - 14) (WIS - 12) (CHA - 8)

CHALLENGE 6: Neph Arrives fashionably late.

I'm stalking.

Mainly for the secret goal.

It's not that epic, I just made it a secret so I would not shift focus from my food goals myself....

I may have to re-work it into something epic to not let down the masses........off to find a map for the Zoo, Museum and local military base....hmmmm

Current Challenge

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines