Chelsea's Workout Log

Thanks Rob! <3

Ran 2.5 miles (9:02 pace) to the dog park with Azu today, where Nick met us with Storm and the dogs got to run around and play for a bit. I did the workout according to the Rebel Running Guide, with a proper warm-up before and core workout level 3 after we got home from the dog park. I was clearly much more exhausted from packing yesterday than I thought, because as soon as I started running I was just like, "AUGH, so tired". I must have gone up and down the stairs a hundred times yesterday, half of those carrying boxes of varying weights. Blerg.

Tomorrow is a rest day, and I think it will end up being pretty much total rest, as we'll be driving from 5am or so until some time in the evening, depending on weather and traffic.

Oh yeah, I was able to get about 2/3 of the way up on a pullup today! And then I had to pack the pullup bar away. Cry.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Human-Dryad Ranger

Fitocracy

Shelter Sketches

If you want to live an interesting life, you're going to spend half of it being terrified.

-Mary Hollinshead

Rob - ARGH, I know! I got bitten by fire ants today while using a tree as a pullup bar. T_T

Hannibal - Thanks! We want to be able to physically see the place before we move in, so we'll be staying at an extended stay hotel for a little bit before settling in. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Human-Dryad Ranger

Fitocracy

Shelter Sketches

If you want to live an interesting life, you're going to spend half of it being terrified.

-Mary Hollinshead

I would have screamed like a girl if I saw fire ants let alone got bit

Haha, well I didn't even see them until they were chomping on my feet, so screaming wouldn't have done much good. ;)

Let me see if I can summarize the past few days...

11/7

Rest day, spent the whole time in the car driving to Oklahoma City. Blech.

11/8

Walked a half mile with the dogs upon arrival in Albuquerque, ran 2 miles on the hotel treadmill, did warmup and cool down.

11/9

Walked the dogs 2 miles around Petroglyph National Monument in Albuquerque before getting on the road. Did a few minutes of yoga before bed.

11/10

Walked 3.3 miles around the University of Nevada Las Vegas campus with the dogs. Ran 2 miles on the hotel treadmill and did warmup and cool down stuff.

Today

Did the Rebel Running Guide bodyweight workout with warmup and cool down. I did 4 circuits of max rep pushups, squats, side planks, and jump pullups on a manky set of stairs near our room. I wrote all the stuff down in Notepad on my computer, and I apparently closed the window without saving. :( So here are some approximations:

pushups: 26, 21, 19, 17

squats: 57, 51, 47, 43

sideplanks: L1:13, R1:12, L0:59, R1:04

lame pullups: 7, 7, 6, 5

And I walked a mile or two.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Human-Dryad Ranger

Fitocracy

Shelter Sketches

-Mary Hollinshead

11/12:

Walked a total of about 4 miles with the dogs, did a burpee tabata in the evening. It was rough.

Today:

This morning I warmed up and ran 3 miles (8:52 pace, but I got to rest at a couple long traffic lights and let Azu stop twice) with Azu. We walked about a half mile back to the hotel, then I did a bodyweight circuit from the Rebel Running Guide, but with no breaks in between sets:

Inverted rows**: 7, 7, 8, 7

Diamond pushups: 7, 7, 8, 7

Lunges: 30, 30, 26, 26

Plank: 1:12, 1:05, 1:10

**For the rows I used a table in our room, but the edges were very difficult to hold onto.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Human-Dryad Ranger

Fitocracy

Shelter Sketches

-Mary Hollinshead

It is! I've discovered that the University of Nevada Las Vegas campus is absolutely beautiful and great for running. :)

Somewhat god news on the pullup front. The past two days I came across parks with little workout stations that included pullup bars, so I was at least able to do some chinups and jump pullups. Got reeeaaaallly close on one dad-hang pullup today but couldn't make the last few inches.

Anyhoo, yesterday was a rest day according to the RRG, but I walked about 4 miles throughout the day.

Today I walked another 2.5 to 3 miles total. Did the running warmup, ran 2 miles with Azu (9:08 pace), did 6 strides, and core workout level 3 with some yoga poses added in to stretch out.

ArmyMBM posted something about Third World Squats on his workout log, so I had o Google them. In doing so, I came across this interesting article. I think I'll be adding these into my daily routine! I can already get down into a fairly comfortable squat, but need to work on my balance a bit, as the tendons in the front of my ankles get tired when my heels are all the way on the ground.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Human-Dryad Ranger

Fitocracy

Shelter Sketches

-Mary Hollinshead