Chelsea's Workout Log

Aw, thanks. :) I think it was pretty fun! Let me know how the routine works out for you. If you do yoga in your next challenge, do you think you'll do it at home or at a studio somewhere?

I think it'll probably be mostly at home. It'd be nice to go to a studio and I might try it if I have some extra cash. I'm always worried about hurting myself accidentally if I try something strenuous so it'd be good to have professional instruction.

~Miranda (aka Farax K)

Stars hide your fires for these here are my desires
And I won't give them up to you this time around
And so I'll be found with my stake stuck in the ground
Marking the territory of this newly impassioned soul ~ Mumford and Sons

If you can't make it to a studio, definitely check out Yogatic videos and the ones on iYogaLife. Very useful. :)

+++

I ran 2.2 (9:01 pace) miles with Azu this morning. I felt pretty good, though Azu kept lying to me and pretending she had to pee. >:[

After that was 60 minutes of Body Sculpt yoga. We focused a lot on the core today, but also did lunges, various leg lifts, and a bit of triceps work.

And this afternoon I walked all the dogs 1.8 miles.

Still greasing the groove on neg pullups.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Human-Dryad Ranger

Fitocracy

Shelter Sketches

If you want to live an interesting life, you're going to spend half of it being terrified.

-Mary Hollinshead

60 minutes of Hot Yoga Power Hour yesterday morning. It kicked ass. The weather was frigid and miserable and wet all day, so I wasn't able to walk the dogs. Looks like more of the same today. :( I can't stand going out in the cold, so I'm not sure it I'll run or not. I'm planning on following the Rebel Running Guide for the next challenge, so I may start that this week, or wait until the challenge actually begins.

Big news: We're going to be moving to Las Vegas in about 2 weeks! Nick got a job out there that pays more than twice as much as what he makes here in KY, so we're going to be busy packing and Goodwilling and such for the next little while.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Human-Dryad Ranger

Fitocracy

Shelter Sketches

If you want to live an interesting life, you're going to spend half of it being terrified.

-Mary Hollinshead

Walked the dogs 1.9 miles yesterday and went to Tibetan 21 (hot yoga). It was awesome. I'm going to miss that studio more than anything else about living here. Well to be honest, I probably won't miss anything else at all, but the people at Bowling Green Hot Yoga are just so welcoming and encouraging.

Today I taught the 8:45 Journey class at hot yoga. It was a lot of fun, for me at least. I think I managed a pretty good balance of power and stretching.

After class I went running with Azu. My goal was to run for 30 minutes, which I did with a couple stops at traffic lights and to let Azu pee. I was trying to maintain a fairly steady, not-overly-taxing pace, so we ended up going 3.27 miles in the 30 minutes (9:14 pace). Looking at my speed graph, I was usually moving between 5 and 7 mph, so I stayed fairly consistent.

Walked all the dogs 2 miles this afternoon.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Human-Dryad Ranger

Fitocracy

Shelter Sketches

-Mary Hollinshead

Congrats! Glad things are settling out! We'll have to come visit you guys and play some blackjack. Nick and I love Vegas! :)

~Miranda (aka Farax K)

Thanks Hannibal!

Farax - I have to admit, I have no interest at all in gambling or night life in general, hehe. Thankfully Vegas seems to have a lot of outdoor activities like hiking and stuff. :)

+++

Measurements today, but it's too cold to strut around mostly naked taking photos. I've become such a sissy about being cold over the past year or two, presumably because of all the weight loss. I assume that's a common problem with people who start getting down into lower body fat percentages...?

10/22/11

weight: 129 (-.2#)

height: 64

neck: 13.25 (-.25" this time, so I think I'm just terribly at measuring this accurately)

bust: 36 (+1" this time - I was too lazy to put a bra on)

waist: 27.75 (-.5")

1” below naval: 31.5 (-1.25")

hips: 33.5 (-.5")

bf% according to my scale: 24% (-.1%)

bf% according to this site: 19.5% (-1.1%)

BMI: 22.1 (-.1)

I had a really yummy breakfast just a while ago - oatmeal with unsweetened almond milk, mixed with raisins, a roasted sweet potato, cinnamon, and a little vanilla. :9

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Human-Dryad Ranger

Fitocracy

Shelter Sketches

-Mary Hollinshead

Yesterday I went to the 10:30 am yoga class, and the owners asked me if I could cover the 4:30 class, since the person who was scheduled to teach wasn't feeling well. I said sure, so I had two full hours of hot yoga yesterday. It was pretty awesome. I think I could live in the hot yoga room. :3

In between the classes I walked the dogs 1.8 miles, and all I did today was walk 2.7 and continue greasing the groove with the neg pullups. I feel so lazy.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Human-Dryad Ranger

Fitocracy

Shelter Sketches

-Mary Hollinshead

Let's see, I haven't updated this thread in a few days because I've been so busy with the 6 week challenge thread and keeping up with other people's threads. :D I'll summarize:

10/24 - 60 minutes hot yoga, 1.8 mile dog walk, greased the groove on neg pullups.

10/25 - 60 minutes hot yoga, 1.9 mile dog walk, Rebel Running Guide warm up, 2 mile run (8:56 pace), cool down stretches, greased the groove on neg pullups.

10/26 - 60 minutes hot yoga Power Hour which definitely counts for the RRG "gym workout" day, 1.9 mile dog walk, greased the groove on neg pullups.

Nothing so far today, as it's been raining and I'm still digesting a big breakfast. I plan on running a mile and doing 6 "strides" per the RRG, and have yoga this afternoon. Oh, and I've managed some actual, full chinups, at least.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Human-Dryad Ranger

Fitocracy

Shelter Sketches

-Mary Hollinshead

Greased the groove today and had hot yoga for about 75 minutes this afternoon. It was aaaawesooooome. I think I could just live in the hot studio.

I did a warm up, ran 1 mile plus 6 Strides, and core workout level 2 per the Rebel Running Guide. I shuffled the guide's schedule for this week around to accommodate for the 5K I'm running tomorrow evening. Tomorrow is supposed to be a rest day for running, but I'll probably move that to Saturday or something. We'll see.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Human-Dryad Ranger

Fitocracy

Shelter Sketches

-Mary Hollinshead

Greased the groove today and had hot yoga for about 75 minutes this afternoon. It was aaaawesooooome. I think I could just live in the hot studio.

You will do so well in Las Vegas. :)

~Miranda (aka Farax K)

Thanks Army! The 5K went well. I pretty much always run in the mornings, so I had no idea how I was going to do running at 7pm in 40F weather. I was aiming for sub-28 minutes, and ended up with 28:48 or thereabouts. I'm content with that, though, because more than half the track was practically pitch black, and it was more hilly than what I'm used to. Oh, and after the first couple miles my glasses fogged up really badly, so it was even harder to see! XD

I ran as hard as I could, which is ultimately what matters most to me. There was also a Trick-or-Treat fun walk during the race, so a lot of people were wearing costumes. Nick came and brought our dogs with him, and the pups got lots of love from the spectathletes at the race :)

Post race shot:

Posted Image

+++

10/28:

60 minutes hot yoga

walked the dogs 1.6 miles

ran 5K Monster Dash

10/29:

60 minutes hot yoga

walked the dogs 1.6 miles

Today:

walked the dogs 2.8 miles

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Human-Dryad Ranger

Fitocracy

Shelter Sketches

-Mary Hollinshead

Oh, I forgot to post some photos! The first one is from late summer 2007, I think. I basically stayed around that weight until winter 2009/2010, when I started losing weight. I was at about 165 and am now in the low 130s, depending on the day.

Posted Image

Posted Image

AWESOME! I just clicked over here from 67alectos thread. Great work. Will be watching your thread for inspiration. :)

Long Term Goal: 350lb Deadlift for at least 1 rep by March 16th.

Short Term Goal: 225lbs for 5x5 by Dec 5th.

Thanks so much guys! :)

Yesterday I had a 60 minute hot yoga class, hen walked the dogs 2.1 miles.

Today was a running day for the Rebel Running Guide plan, so I got up, did a warm up, ran 2 miles (8:53 pace) + 6 Strides with Azu, went to yoga for my core workout and other hot yoga goodness, and later in the day I walked the dogs 1.6 miles.

Still greasing the groove with neg pullups. Maybe I should be doing more than 2 at a time? I've been emphasizing different parts of the pullup to try and force my muscles to sort of pay attention to those movements, but I don't feel any closer to getting a real pullup now than I did 2 weeks ago. The chinups are going okay, though. I did 3 - almost 4 - in a row today.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Human-Dryad Ranger

Fitocracy

Shelter Sketches

-Mary Hollinshead

Have you thought about maybe using assistance bands or using a chair/box to work on the opposite muscles as well? Mark Sisson has a great pull-up progression video here.

Oh, thanks for the video! I've been using a chair to do a little jump and get myself up over the bar, then slowly releasing down, but I want to try the single leg assisted pullups. I bet those would help. :)

+++

My last Hot Yoga Power Hour class this morning. ;_; I'm going to miss HYBG so much! Anyway, it was a kick ass class as always. First time I've ever done 20 dolphin pushups in a row. Love those.

Walked the dogs 2 miles. First mile was barefoot on our way to Nat's Outdoor Sports, second half was in my new Vibrams! My old Komodos have completely worn through on the middles toes, and are paper thin on the ball of the foot, so I figured it was time to retire them. Old vs. new:

Posted Image

On the way home we saw a sun dog! They're so cool. :)

Posted Image

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Human-Dryad Ranger

Fitocracy

Shelter Sketches

-Mary Hollinshead

Dang, the old ones were falling apart! LOL

Nice pics. Glad to see you got some new ones. I am loving mine! :D

Tell me about it! Debris kept coming in through the holes in the toes, hehe.

I christened the new Komodos this morning with a 2 mile run in the POURING rain. I tried to get out before the front hit, but it started raining literally as I walked out the door. And I certainly wasn't going to let the weather tell me what to do! It got pretty cold once I was soaked and before I'd warmed up, and Azu was not happy at all about being dragged around in the rain. I think she's forgiven me now, though, since I toweled her off and put her bathrobe on (my housemate made it for her):

Posted Image

Anyway, we ran the 2 miles in 19:22 (9:39 pace), which was a lot slower than I have been running lately. I did have to stop a couple times for Azu to pee and for traffic, so maybe that accounts for some of it. I did the Rebel Running Guide warmup before running and Core Workout level 2 after. I also have my last Tibetan 21 yoga class tonight. I can't wait to get in the hot studio!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Human-Dryad Ranger

Fitocracy

Shelter Sketches

-Mary Hollinshead

Yoga was awesome tonight! Lots of really challenging stuff, and then some awesome stretching at the end. After class I stretched out some more and did a 60 second supported headstand. I'm getting pretty confident at them.

Oh yeah, also still greasing the groove with negative pullups and assisted pullups, did 3 - almost 4 - chinups, and a few sets of pushups (15-20 each time).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Human-Dryad Ranger

Fitocracy

Shelter Sketches

-Mary Hollinshead

Yoga was awesome tonight! Lots of really challenging stuff, and then some awesome stretching at the end. After class I stretched out some more and did a 60 second supported headstand. I'm getting pretty confident at them.

Oh yeah, also still greasing the groove with negative pullups and assisted pullups, did 3 - almost 4 - chinups, and a few sets of pushups (15-20 each time).

Sounds like you kicked ass. Awesome job!!! :)

Quick update, as we're busy packing before leaving Monday morning.

Yesterday:

60 minutes of yoga, walked the dogs 2 miles

Today:

Kickass final yoga class here. I team-taught with the director, and the class ran extra long - about 75 or 80 minutes. So much fun.

Walked the dogs 1.4 miles.

PACKED ALL THE THINGS.

+++

I weighed myself and took some measurements yesterday:

weight: 126.4 (-2.8)

height: 64

neck: 13 (-.5)

bust: 36 (+1, maybe I'm being inconsistent?)

waist: 28 (-.25)

1†below naval: 31.75 (-1)

hips: 33.5 (-.5)

bf% according to my scale: 22.9% (-1.2%)

bf% according to this site: 20.2% (-.4%)

BMI: 21.7 (-.5)

I haven't been trying to lose weight. I've been eating a ton of food! I really don't want to go below 125# because I think I'd start losing muscle at that point. Doing well on the body fat % though, since I'm trying to get below 20%.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Human-Dryad Ranger

Fitocracy

Shelter Sketches

-Mary Hollinshead