• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Adze

Adze (insert witty title)

hi all, 

This will be my first challenge as a Ranger. My goals for the next 6 weeks may seem more warrior based but in the long run i want to be a Ranger, so might as well start as one.

As it stands i have all ready lost about 17 kg and still have about 35 to go. I am currently in a 8 week challenge at my gym for the chance to win $1000. I have 2.5 weeks to go. 

I have made a spreadsheet to track all progress with automatic grading for everything. I had some spare time at work.

MAIN QUESTS:

1) Get my calories (those little buggers that sit in your closet and makes your cloths smaller) under control and hit my macros.

I will be tracking calories and macros on a daily basis and will give a grade on a weekly basis using averages for that week.

2) Work out 6 times a week 3 days heavy weights with kb circuit at the end and light recovery cardio on rest days, with 1 full day rest. 

I will record each workout and do weekly measurements. Tape and i have ordered BF callipers which should arrive before the challenge starts.

Workouts will generally consist of dead lifts, squats, then 2 push and 2 pull upper body exercises. KB workout will vary depending on how i feel. Cardio will just be slow sessions on bikes elliptical trainers and walking up to an hour long

SIDE QUESTS:

1) To get better organised in general.

2) Try and finish some over due work around the house.

3) Increase cardio intensity and duration.

4) Not to weigh myself daily.

If i can stick to the above I should see good results by the end. I am not setting an amount i want to lose or get to just trying to focus on getting everything to fall into place and the body I end up with will be a result of what i do. If that makes sense.

Also just as a side note. Long term goals is to complete tough mudder/spartan race, run a marathon and maybe do a triathlon. No time limit on these ones.

I will publish all starting information and a current pic on sunday.

I think I might copy your long term goals, I think doing something like the toughmudder really proves your fit, which is something I really want to be able to prove to myself, and nice work, I look forward to see you hit your goals

Thank you for the nice comments. The calipers and tape didn't arrive in time to do my measurements today. Hopefully will arrive tomorrow. If I can find a tape I might do some later today

I am not off to a good start this challenge. I was sick on the weekend and still not 100%.

As the calipers have not arrived i have not been able to do my measurements other than my starting weight which is 134.2 kg and the scales say i am 28.1 % bf.

I went to the gym this morning and only did a short session as i felt like crap. I did go on my 3.3 km walk at lunch. So i am starting to feel better.

I didn't get time to workout my macros for today's food. I will try and work it out for tomorrows.

I took my 11 month old son for a swim yesterday and it was the first time in years i have had my shirt off in public. That was not fun at first but i got more comfortable as the day went on.

Below is the before photo's.

post-19991-0-92273300-1384137156_thumb.j

wow its crazy that you and i seemed to have such a similar start to the challenge!

Well done on the effort to still work out even though you were feeling sick, i know it takes a lot of will power!

Thanks.

Yesterday was a crap day. I was still sick so I didn't do my morning cardio and it was raining very heavily at lunch so i couldn't do my walk. I ate pretty clean, but have not had the time to measure out food portions to work out macros. I should hopefully be able to start doing this later in the week.

I am starting to feel better and did my full weight workout out this morning, I didn't do my extra cardio, but hopefully the rain stops and i can go for a walk at lunch.

not really. woke up this morning feeling like i was hit by a truck. very stressful night last night and today, add in the fact i am a stress eater, makes today a crap day. oh well, have to try and make up for it in tomorrows weight session.

scales = Evil :P

Exactly what I thought and a habit I am trying to break. Only once a week, no more.

Starting to feel better. Hopefully I am right by Monday and I will restart my challenge.

i dont even look at my scale when i walk into the bathroom anymore. only weighed myself at the beginning of the challenge then will weigh in again halfway and at end.

glad you are starting to feel better! Monday you can start kicking ass again :)

sorry for the lack of posts last week. it has been a very stressful week, between work, my son not sleeping which means no one sleeps in the house and that causing a lot of tension in the house.

I have lost 15 kg in the challenge. 17 cm off my waist, 14 cm of my chest and 4 cm off my hips. 

Hopefully i will know by the end of the week if i won or not.

wow even if you dont win you should be so proud of yourself! thats an amazing amount of weight and cm lost well done!

will be holding thumbs for you though. hope you have a less stressful week this week.

comp ended and i finsihed in 4 place. so kind of happy with that. since then it has all gone to crap. work sucks life at home is crap. son wont sleep so no one is sleeping, so i haven't been going to the gym. i have had to cancle my gym membership as i haven't been going as i am too tired from not sleeping and the wife is complaining about the cost. i have been eating crap as i stress eat. so no idea what i am going to do.

comp ended and i finsihed in 4 place. so kind of happy with that. since then it has all gone to crap. work sucks life at home is crap. son wont sleep so no one is sleeping, so i haven't been going to the gym. i have had to cancle my gym membership as i haven't been going as i am too tired from not sleeping and the wife is complaining about the cost. i have been eating crap as i stress eat. so no idea what i am going to do.

I am sorry to hear that life is not going well... Do you get some extra time off from work for the holidays?

i get 6 days off plus the week end so not much but better than working a normal week.

I have to try and start running a using my kb again

hi all,

it has been a while since i have been on around here and its time to get back on. life has been flat out since i was last on. 

I had lost my sales job in feb and had to go back to my old job. theres about 5 weeks till my second child is born.

a new year is about to start so time to get back into it and try and get fit again.

i dont have access to a gym so i will using some free weights that i have and walking/running. i plan to set up a chin up bar in the backyard and make up something similar to a trx.

so i will hopefully start tomorrow. 

Heya adze! I remember you from like a year ago, I'll be here to support you anyway I can. And I'm excited to here about how you decide to proceed, definitely a bummer about your job but with so many new begginings it's a real opportunity to change your life!!