• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

I kind of wish it was real boxing because most of the people there are learning to throw arm punches with their hands about nipple level. I've got the worst endurance in all the classes but I think I could finish most of them in a fight.  :lol:

Also you don't get the mental toughness training that you get in a real martial arts setting. I heard people whining during abs last night. I'm kind of old school about that. If you've got the wind to whine you aren't working hard enough. I think you guys would be proud of the work I do. And soon my endurance will catch up. 

Ha ha ha, yes. Very proud of you. You show grit, and it sounds like something that your class sorely needs. Fantastic! And I am sure you could take them in a fight if you wanted to.

Day 3: 

Went to boxing last night. The trainer was the woman I actually know from outside the gym. First time I've gotten to take her class. I really would like to go at a different time because the class at 5:30 pm is very full. It's also the class all the new people come to which changes the flow of the class since the trainers are showing them the punches. I'm not sure I can get up at 4 in the morning during winter so 5:30 in the evening will have to work for now. My punches are getting better. I'm finally starting to get my feet working the right way too without thinking about it as much. 

Calories were on the low side yesterday. But protein and carb levels were much better. I still need more protein and less carbs but I'm moving in the right direction.

The television didn't even come on last night. Dinner was almost ready when I got home so I put all my stuff away and had chow. After dinner I did another contrast shower. That feels pretty good after training.

Now, I really need to go do some actual work for the people who pay me money.  :lol:

What a treat reading about your boxing progress Joe, you seem to be going hard and enjoying it, plus it sounds to me like you've got some talent for it too which always makes things more enjoyable :positive:

Buffy Shmuffy, come to the warriors we've got ALL the kittehhhh gifs with all teh fancy footworks :D

Spin those wheels of steel DeeJay!!

tumblr_mv380ySURQ1sq68uyo1_250.gif

tumblr_mw6dh3dn231s9wixeo1_250.gif

tumblr_mvpepxZ0CZ1stlkgho1_500.jpg

tumblr_muz164vjYT1slwpo8o1_250.gif

Gotta say your boxing class sounds nice! Even though it's trendy fitness boxing! :tongue: Too many sports to try out... 

Keep up the good work (and #18.. get out of the comfort zone :D

I'm really enjoying following your progress.  Wish you were in my cardio kickboxing class.  We could show those gym girls what for.

Buffy Shmuffy

Blasphemy!

I'm really enjoying following your progress.  Wish you were in my cardio kickboxing class.  We could show those gym girls what for.

Blasphemy!

I still maintain that Faith > Buffy, but I'll leave that alone for now.

• Like 1

you're doing so well Jo.  I'm thrilled that you're enjoying the class - i haven't heard you ever talk about sport and exercising the way you're talking about boxing, so it warms my heart.  Plus i STILL suck at footwork and i've been boxing for like 3 or 4 months already.  That shizz is hard man. 

Keep it up!!

PS. i don't mind so much that you haven't caught up on Buffy (bah) but seriously Dr Who or BSG - that's nonsense, get on it!!

Ooooo, sounds like a productive day! :)

AWESOMESAUCE. :)

p.s. boxing footwork is haaaaaaaard.

Really hard because I don't have anyone really teaching me or picking me apart when I get it wrong. But it's so satisfying to feel the difference between an arm punch and a nice cross with my body behind it. 

Gotta say your boxing class sounds nice! Even though it's trendy fitness boxing! :tongue: Too many sports to try out... 

Keep up the good work (and #18.. get out of the comfort zone :D

There are too many sports! Try them all! In one 7 day span a couple of weeks ago I did my first 5k event, tried hot yoga for the first time and went to my first boxing class. Lots of outside the comfort zone that week. 

Blasphemy!

I struggle with people who aren't giving 100%. I really have to work on tuning them out. Mostly because I was such a slacker when I was in my 20s. I can't go back in time and kick my own ass so I really want to kick their asses while they are young enough to work hard. 

Is this another tv show I'm going to have to add to the list? Hopefully we will have lots of snow days from work this winter. 

you're doing so well Jo.  I'm thrilled that you're enjoying the class - i haven't heard you ever talk about sport and exercising the way you're talking about boxing, so it warms my heart.  Plus i STILL suck at footwork and i've been boxing for like 3 or 4 months already.  That shizz is hard man. 

Keep it up!!

PS. i don't mind so much that you haven't caught up on Buffy (bah) but seriously Dr Who or BSG - that's nonsense, get on it!!

I love it! I never should have slacked off when I was going to SFC before. I get so afraid of what I could accomplish. Maybe I'm finally beating that.  

p.s. Seriously, Mother Nature, we need another blizzard this winter so I can stay home for a couple of weeks and watch tv. (After training 2 a days of course) 

What a treat reading about your boxing progress Joe, you seem to be going hard and enjoying it, plus it sounds to me like you've got some talent for it too which always makes things more enjoyable :positive:

Buffy Shmuffy, come to the warriors we've got ALL the kittehhhh gifs with all teh fancy footworks :D

Spin those wheels of steel DeeJay!!

tumblr_mv380ySURQ1sq68uyo1_250.gif

tumblr_mw6dh3dn231s9wixeo1_250.gif

tumblr_mvpepxZ0CZ1stlkgho1_500.jpg

tumblr_muz164vjYT1slwpo8o1_250.gif

This warrants its own reply and not just a multi-quote nod. I know that Warriors are all about cats and meat and beer which are 3 of my favorite things. I spend a lot of time lurking around the Warriors just for the kitteh gifs. Seriously I'm like the eharmony cat lady. I even sing the song sometimes. If I weren't married, Debbie, the eharmony cat lady might be my soulmate. If Amy and I ever split up, I might become that crazy old lady with the broken down farm and 400 cats. Okay, maybe that was TMI.

But for this challenge, I'm a Monk and I hit things.  :D

[silently hoping everyone sees the humor and doesn't just decide I'm crazy and quietly slip away from my thread] 

• Like 1

Day 4

No boxing. I think I'm going to start adding some other workouts in. We'll see as long as it doesn't interfere with the boxing 3x a week.

Calories were good. I'm still low for my weekly average and still eating too many damn carbs. I need to plan better for next week.

Got home last night, put stuff away, fed dinner to the critters, packed up for today and watched a couple of episodes of Buffy. 

This warrants its own reply and not just a multi-quote nod. I know that Warriors are all about cats and meat and beer which are 3 of my favorite things. I spend a lot of time lurking around the Warriors just for the kitteh gifs. Seriously I'm like the eharmony cat lady. I even sing the song sometimes. If I weren't married, Debbie, the eharmony cat lady might be my soulmate. If Amy and I ever split up, I might become that crazy old lady with the broken down farm and 400 cats. Okay, maybe that was TMI.

But for this challenge, I'm a Monk and I hit things.  :D

[silently hoping everyone sees the humor and doesn't just decide I'm crazy and quietly slip away from my thread] 

7ozTU.gif

OMG ROFL!!!

I thought that vid was real at first :D

Now I'm going to be singing the I love cats song all day :lol:

I'm sorry I'm thinking about cats again in little bowties, I'm too upset I have to go :tongue:

tumblr_mcmbyfgdz01qi4ucgo1_500.jpg

But seriosuly....nothing wrong with being a crazy cat lady, I do also like kittehs, we have a 15 year old Birman who's a lovely old lady, still spritely and lots of fun :)

Is this another tv show I'm going to have to add to the list? Hopefully we will have lots of snow days from work this winter. 

Nope, just going to have to watch Buffy to find out. :)

OMG Rebel fam! I just walked out of boxing class and achieved a small but mighty woot! I was able to do all the flutter kicks with my legs fully extended! Like any break up, I missed my couch a lot at first. But its been three weeks and I think it was a great decision!

What's the emoticon for giddy with endorphins?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

at one time I had 13 cats.... because we rescued two cats who were both pregnant (although we didn't know when we rescued them)

so it was me my husband my three kids and 13 cats in a two bedroom apartment

now we have no pets... because our cat died and I am not ready for another :(

OMG Rebel fam! I just walked out of boxing class and achieved a small but mighty woot! I was able to do all the flutter kicks with my legs fully extended! Like any break up, I missed my couch a lot at first. But its been three weeks and I think it was a great decision!

What's the emoticon for giddy with endorphins?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Joe you're on fire!  Kiss that couch goodbye! Momentum is building, well done :positive:

The Monks are kind of awesome. I'm not just saying that since they aren't kicking me out for trendy boxing. I'm catching up on Buffy. I still need to finish BSG too. I've got so much invested in it now that I'm not ready for it to be over. I also have some Doctor Who to catch up on but that's totally Amy's fault. I got her started on it then she watched like 5 seasons while working from home. She's grounded for not waiting on me. 

Yeah, I totally don't blame her for that. I've done that to Ennica... of course I usually get grounded, too. But it's so worth it! :lol:

*cough* Totally. Five by Five forev!

Nope, just going to have to watch Buffy to find out. :)

Ok, I did enough research to see that Faith is Eliza Dushku. I'm sold. *now watching Buffy at work* 

Woots: tiny, but fierce! :D

Thanks! When we were done I wanted to shout to the class but I held it in. 

at one time I had 13 cats.... because we rescued two cats who were both pregnant (although we didn't know when we rescued them)

so it was me my husband my three kids and 13 cats in a two bedroom apartment

now we have no pets... because our cat died and I am not ready for another :(

I'm still sad about the loss of your cat. I really feel for you and your kiddoes. That was such a rough time. When the time is right, another furry soul will become part of your family! 

Joe you're on fire!  Kiss that couch goodbye! Momentum is building, well done :positive:

Thanks, Dom! 

Yeah, I totally don't blame her for that. I've done that to Ennica... of course I usually get grounded, too. But it's so worth it! :lol:

*cough* Totally. Five by Five forev!

I'm sure Ennica will agree that she and I are the long suffering ones in our relationships. We never do anything like that.  :D

I'm still sad about the loss of your cat. I really feel for you and your kiddoes. That was such a rough time. When the time is right, another furry soul will become part of your family!

it's kinda nice to not have to worry about it.... don't have to find a sitter for my trip... don't have to clean the box... etc

(sent by the phone. .. all mistakes are the phones fault)

• Like 1

Week 1 Recap

Goal 1) Boxing 3x per week. I made it to 3 sessions. I really wanted to sneak in a 4th on Saturday but it didn't work out. I'm still really amped about this. I also did the deep stretch hot yoga class yesterday. Not officially part of the challenge but it is making my back feel wonderful! 3/3 = A

Goal 2) Nutrition. So this one is kind of funny. Prior to Sunday I averaged 2096 calories for the week which would count as a B. Yesterday was a stupid stupid eat all the things pizza and frozen custard day which bumps me up to 2276 average for the week and an A. I felt awful too. Had a waffle at breakfast, then pizza, then frozen custard. Then I stayed on the couch all day and whimpered. Weekly numbers: Calories 2276 (2096), Protein 104g (105g), carbs 226g (200g), fat 105g (96g). The numbers in parentheses are the average for the first 6 days of the week just to give some perspective on what a blowout yesterday was. Grade is on average calories so 2276 = A

Goal 3) Kill the tv. Despite the flurry of vampire slaying I followed this one 6/7 days. Saturday I was in a mood and didn't follow through. Also, the locker rooms at Sunnydale HS are very dangerous. 6/7 = A

All in all I had a fantastic week. I'm going to be more focused on my "cheat" days. Mostly because I felt like poo after eating all the wheat and dairy. I'm also going to start being more active on my non-boxing days. Probably going to create a card deck workout. 

Wow. Sounds like a pretty epic cheat day. But they say things like that are useful, provided that they're the exception and not the rule.

Card workouts are a lot of fun to do, also. The trick is telling yourself to get through all the cards.

Wow. Sounds like a pretty epic cheat day. But they say things like that are useful, provided that they're the exception and not the rule.

Card workouts are a lot of fun to do, also. The trick is telling yourself to get through all the cards.

Yeah, that wasn't just a cheat day. There were definitely some elements of f*** it eating in there. I'm right back on the horse today.