Sounds like the first week was pretty good! Keep it up

Thanks Kathy! 

OK, now I almost want to watch Buffy... hmmmm Eliza Dushka.

Yeah awesome first week! Your couch will get over the loss in time. I am sure of it. ;)

The couch and I still hang out some. My heart just isn't in a dedicated relationship anymore.   ;)

Yesterday recap:

Went to boxing class. I was mindful of this week's guild mini challenge which is all about pushing harder and taking a little bit less rest. With that in mind, I planned to only stop for a drink after warm ups, the 4th round and the 8th round. I did good up until the 6th round. I had to break down a little. Still a lot more work and less water breaks. I pushed myself a lot harder during the active rest portions between rounds. I tried to push harder while we were running laps. This resulted in me hooking a toe and doing an awesome barrel roll for one entire side of the bag area. Nothing damaged but my pride. 

I was woefully low on calories yesterday but I'm not too worried about it considering the binge from Sunday. 

When I got home from boxing, I put all my dirty clothes in the hamper, took a shower and collapsed.  

Somehow yesterday I broke a chunk of temporary filling out. It's probably good because I have a tendency to put things off so now I really need to get the crown put on. It didn't hurt yesterday but I woke up last night in a lot of pain. I sleep with my mouth open and the CPAP was blowing cold air right into the tooth. Yeeeowch! 

The only other excitement from Casa del Joedog has to do with the faithful canine companions. When we adopted Molly, the rescue had determined that she was an older dog and likely already spayed. Much to our surprise, she went into heat last Friday. Fortunately the boys are both fixed so no whoops puppies. I've talked to the rescue and spaying her is part of the adoption fee so we'll be getting that done. She has decided that the old half blind corgi, Hamish, should be her baby daddy. It's really funny because she weighs all of 3 lbs and he is a monster corgi around 37 lbs. 

Impressed by the TV-goal.   I myself should do something similar with PC

Gratz on first week

Thanks! It has been really good for me. I had fallen into the habit of flopping in front of the tv before anything else. I would tell myself one episode, then I'll get up and workout, cook, do house chores, etc. Never happened. This has been a lot better plan. 

I can only imagine how silly it all must look.  XD

Very silly. I'm anxious to get her spayed. The last thing we need is a litter of puppies! 

You sleep with a CPAP?

Omigosh, I couldn't sleep. I would need to be drugged or something.

Is that an apnea thing?

p.s. - Does that mean you "Busted a cap"?  teehee

I have sleep apnea. The sleep study was difficult. Hard to sleep while trussed up like a turkey and covered in sensors. Since I'm a mouth breathin' hillbilly I have to have the full face mask. Honestly, I feel so much better that it's worth it. I mean, I can stay awake for a whole day now. And if I have to drive to our site that is an hour away, I don't have to stop for a nap. I don't know if I technically busted a cap, but my fillings definitely were hurt!  :rolleyes:

My boss just emailed me about a missing vacation request form which was a nice way of saying, "You haven't turned in your final vacation request form!" After looking everything over, it appears that I have 16 working days left in 2013 and 2 of those are at an asphalt conference (I'm way too excited about asphalt). Someone needs to take vacation before December next year. 

Hmmm yes, Eliza Dushku.    I LOVED her in Buffy, because I am such a sucker for the rough and tumble, bad attitude types!    I watched Dollhouse because she was in it, (and Helo from BSG yay!)  But I never finished that series.   It was kinda creepy.  But Eliza is a total bad ass!

I also agree on not being able to sleep with the mask.   Dunno how you folks do it.

Your updates sound great so far!  First week seems like it went well.  Keep up the motivation and momentum.  I sense great things out of this challenge for you!

And hahahaha bust a cap.  That was awesome!

I have sleep apnea. The sleep study was difficult. Hard to sleep while trussed up like a turkey and covered in sensors. Since I'm a mouth breathin' hillbilly I have to have the full face mask. Honestly, I feel so much better that it's worth it. I mean, I can stay awake for a whole day now. And if I have to drive to our site that is an hour away, I don't have to stop for a nap. I don't know if I technically busted a cap, but my fillings definitely were hurt!  :rolleyes:

I've suspected I have sleep apnea. I don't think I could sleep for the study though. How bad is it really? I need to get it done. My gf has it and I wake her several times a night when she stops breathing. It's scary as hell when it's someone you love.

My boss just emailed me about a missing vacation request form which was a nice way of saying, "You haven't turned in your final vacation request form!" After looking everything over, it appears that I have 16 working days left in 2013 and 2 of those are at an asphalt conference (I'm way too excited about asphalt). Someone needs to take vacation before December next year. 

Smells like a chance for a meet up to me.

Jo-

you are doing awesome

boxin and all that jazz :) got me all jelly over here

also... next week mon or tue... I will be in arkansas all week... but mon or tue will be my day for going to visit LOD and you!!!!! I hope you can make it down to LOD's city for a visit!!!

Nice start to your challenge. Especially pressing through the root canal thing, and subduing the tv habit. You're not letting things get in your way, and fighting through instead of making excuses. I think you're kicking butt both in your boxing and in your metaphorical fight. Keep it up. :-)

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

OK, now I almost want to watch Buffy... hmmmm Eliza Dushka.

Yeah awesome first week! Your couch will get over the loss in time. I am sure of it. ;)

DO IT!!!!

Hmmm yes, Eliza Dushku.    I LOVED her in Buffy, because I am such a sucker for the rough and tumble, bad attitude types!    I watched Dollhouse because she was in it, (and Helo from BSG yay!)  But I never finished that series.   It was kinda creepy.  But Eliza is a total bad ass!

Eliza is absolutely awesome. I met her at DragonCon this year and she is the teeniest, tiniest thing I have ever seen in my life. I can't immagine how she packs all that bad assery into that little itty bitty body. I was completely terrified to touch her for fear of breaking her! :lol:

woooooo holidays!!!  I wish i had that few days left, but it's ok cos it's almost brazil time :)

I also agree on not being able to sleep with the mask.   Dunno how you folks do it.

Your updates sound great so far!  First week seems like it went well.  Keep up the motivation and momentum.  I sense great things out of this challenge for you!

And hahahaha bust a cap.  That was awesome!

I thought the same thing about the mask but I feel so much better. I even took it camping. Eliza was also in a movie called "Soul Survivors". It's a decent creepy psycho thriller. I drag it out every year for Halloween. 

What an excellent first week! Keep it up! 

Thanks! 

Jo-

you are doing awesome

boxin and all that jazz :) got me all jelly over here

also... next week mon or tue... I will be in arkansas all week... but mon or tue will be my day for going to visit LOD and you!!!!! I hope you can make it down to LOD's city for a visit!!!

Boxing is really fun. I push myself so hard in there. Hopefully I can build that drive habit and be able to use it on myself for running and lifting in the future. I don't think I'm going to be able to make it down there because all the unexpected dental work is eating up my discretionary cash. I'm bummed. :(  

YAY for vacations! Maybe take the entire week of Christmas off? Or maybe the 12 days of Christmas! YAY!

I always get the week between Christmas and New Year's. When you've been here 5 years they give you a third week but require you to take it then. The company is mostly shut completely down. After Dec 13, I'm done for the year. Woot!  :victorious:

Nice start to your challenge. Especially pressing through the root canal thing, and subduing the tv habit. You're not letting things get in your way, and fighting through instead of making excuses. I think you're kicking butt both in your boxing and in your metaphorical fight. Keep it up. :-)

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

I can rationalize anything so I have to push myself. I'm proud of how I'm doing so far this challenge. Thank you! 

DO IT!!!!

Eliza is absolutely awesome. I met her at DragonCon this year and she is the teeniest, tiniest thing I have ever seen in my life. I can't immagine how she packs all that bad assery into that little itty bitty body. I was completely terrified to touch her for fear of breaking her! :lol:

Soul Survivors. (Eliza has a "scene" with Angela Featherstone who was in 'Exes and Ohs'. Have I finally hit a show that I've seen and you haven't?)  :tongue:

woooooo holidays!!!  I wish i had that few days left, but it's ok cos it's almost brazil time :)

I'm a little panicky because I have a ton of stuff to get done that I've been piddling around with. I hadn't really looked at the calendar. I'm a procrastinator so I'm good under pressure. Now if I could only move that pressure to the front of a deadline.  :D

I've suspected I have sleep apnea. I don't think I could sleep for the study though. How bad is it really? I need to get it done. My gf has it and I wake her several times a night when she stops breathing. It's scary as hell when it's someone you love.

Smells like a chance for a meet up to me.

The study part is difficult but you can take a pill to help you sleep. They will even prescribe ambien for the study if you think you'll need it. If/when I have to have another one I will probably load up with Tylenol PM beforehand. I seriously can not emphasize enough how much better I feel. I have more energy. I literally could not drive from Springfield to Joplin (roughly an hour) without getting seriously drowsy or stopping for a nap. Part of the time I couldn't get home from work (20 minutes) without the drooping eyelids. I finally went because my partner was so scared. She had to wake me up 2 or 3 times on many nights because I stopped breathing. Being overweight can make sleep apnea worse and sleep apnea makes it harder to lose weight. If you have insurance that covers it, I recommend exploring it. 

No boxing yesterday. My knee pain has been flaring up so I decided to give it a break last night. 

Calories were on the low side. But my macros were much better. Still higher on carbs than protein but I kept my carbs down to 168g. If I could have steered clear of the crackers I would have been under 150g. So moving in the right direction.  

When I got home, I did some house chores until Amy got home, then we went out for dinner. 

I have minions in the lab today so off I go to do actual work! 

Apnea suck.

I have a mild case of sleep apnea. It's not near bad enough for sleep studies though, so I am lucky.

I have however, noticed that I don't have to actually be asleep for it to effect me: if I'm doing something relaxing for a prolonged period of time like watching a movie or reading, I'll suddenly gasp a bit and realize I had stopped breathing. Its very small, but it is annoying and sometimes embarrassing.

Boxing is really fun. I push myself so hard in there. Hopefully I can build that drive habit and be able to use it on myself for running and lifting in the future. I don't think I'm going to be able to make it down there because all the unexpected dental work is eating up my discretionary cash. I'm bummed. :(  

build one habit at a time and you can do anything ;)

sigh... where are you located? we are going to be stopping in st louis on the way home... would that be closer to you?

Apnea suck.

I have a mild case of sleep apnea. It's not near bad enough for sleep studies though, so I am lucky.

I have however, noticed that I don't have to actually be asleep for it to effect me: if I'm doing something relaxing for a prolonged period of time like watching a movie or reading, I'll suddenly gasp a bit and realize I had stopped breathing. Its very small, but it is annoying and sometimes embarrassing.

I've totally done that before too! I feel like a pug or bulldog, just snorting away! 

build one habit at a time and you can do anything ;)

sigh... where are you located? we are going to be stopping in st louis on the way home... would that be closer to you?

I live in Springfield so if you are coming up I44 you will come through Springfield. But if you're going across Arkansas and up 55 you won't go anywhere near. 

Yesterday's recap:

1) Boxing. Good class. My friend Crystal was the trainer yesterday and she likes to pick on me. I think she secretly knows about the guild mini challenge because she had punch mitts on and made me throw jabs at her for a minute and a half. My left arm is feeling it today.

2) Food. I was over on calories yesterday. I had a sandwich and chips which pushed me over and also the best Bud Light I've ever had. Why does beer taste so good after a workout? Anyway, over on calories but still low on my weekly average. That's why I do the weekly average so I don't have to sweat each day so hard. 

3) TV. Didn't even watch tv last night. By the time we got home I was done for the day. All the necessaries got done, in the shower and off to sleep land.

So the last 24 hours have been a little crazy. I was browsing facebook and ran across one of those horrid sponsored ads that shill diet secrets to the masses. Lo and behold, their success story was a woman we all know and love, Staci. Ummm, pretty sure Spezzy doesn't look like that because she took hoodia. So I posted a link in her thread and brought the NF Rebellion smackdown. It was a beautiful thing to see. We flooded them with so much truth that they took the post down and apologized. 

After boxing, I told Crystal thanks for the class and that I wasn't sure I would be able to lift my arms today and she called me a beast. I'm proud of that. My endurance is not the greatest and my power is not totally there yet but I focus on my form and I never quit. Even if I'm too gassed to throw punches I keep my hands up and keep my feet moving. 

The crazy started about 6am today. Amy had already gotten up to do her morning meditations. She came flying into the bedroom to tell me that a stranger was knocking on our door. I'm not at my bright shining best upon first waking. We did a few minutes of who's on first. Apparently I asked 3 times who it was and why he was knocking on the door while my brain tried to wake up and sort things out. Finally, I said, "Well, do you want me to shoot him?" She said she wasn't sure. Heh. I looked out the window and saw a car pulling away and the door to my pickup standing open. So I went outside, in my underwear and barefoot. The guy on the porch was gone. The truck window was busted all to hell. The guy in the car came back and said he lived down the street. He was worried when he saw the truck broken into and the guy on the porch. The cops came out and found the guy on foot. He was just trying to let us know that something had happened. Very little was stolen but I had to drive to work in the rain with no window. Bleh. I hate thieves. 

Your morning funny can either be the thought of me asking if she wanted me to shoot him or me standing barefoot in the middle of the street in my underwear and t-shirt.  :tongue:

Yesterday's recap:

1) Boxing. Good class. My friend Crystal was the trainer yesterday and she likes to pick on me. I think she secretly knows about the guild mini challenge because she had punch mitts on and made me throw jabs at her for a minute and a half. My left arm is feeling it today.

2) Food. I was over on calories yesterday. I had a sandwich and chips which pushed me over and also the best Bud Light I've ever had. Why does beer taste so good after a workout? Anyway, over on calories but still low on my weekly average. That's why I do the weekly average so I don't have to sweat each day so hard. 

3) TV. Didn't even watch tv last night. By the time we got home I was done for the day. All the necessaries got done, in the shower and off to sleep land.

So the last 24 hours have been a little crazy. I was browsing facebook and ran across one of those horrid sponsored ads that shill diet secrets to the masses. Lo and behold, their success story was a woman we all know and love, Staci. Ummm, pretty sure Spezzy doesn't look like that because she took hoodia. So I posted a link in her thread and brought the NF Rebellion smackdown. It was a beautiful thing to see. We flooded them with so much truth that they took the post down and apologized. 

After boxing, I told Crystal thanks for the class and that I wasn't sure I would be able to lift my arms today and she called me a beast. I'm proud of that. My endurance is not the greatest and my power is not totally there yet but I focus on my form and I never quit. Even if I'm too gassed to throw punches I keep my hands up and keep my feet moving. 

The crazy started about 6am today. Amy had already gotten up to do her morning meditations. She came flying into the bedroom to tell me that a stranger was knocking on our door. I'm not at my bright shining best upon first waking. We did a few minutes of who's on first. Apparently I asked 3 times who it was and why he was knocking on the door while my brain tried to wake up and sort things out. Finally, I said, "Well, do you want me to shoot him?" She said she wasn't sure. Heh. I looked out the window and saw a car pulling away and the door to my pickup standing open. So I went outside, in my underwear and barefoot. The guy on the porch was gone. The truck window was busted all to hell. The guy in the car came back and said he lived down the street. He was worried when he saw the truck broken into and the guy on the porch. The cops came out and found the guy on foot. He was just trying to let us know that something had happened. Very little was stolen but I had to drive to work in the rain with no window. Bleh. I hate thieves. 

Your morning funny can either be the thought of me asking if she wanted me to shoot him or me standing barefoot in the middle of the street in my underwear and t-shirt.  :tongue:

I choked on my coffee

I lol'ed.

It turns out if you want the cops to respond to a simple vehicle break in all you have to do is tell them there is someone outside and your partner is going to confront them. First time I've ever had a cop show up for a break in. I put pants on before the cops arrived.