nightlight boldly (and bravely!) goes where no ranger has gone before...

nightlight

You are NOT a bitch. Not sure what BoMC stands for but I assume this is/was a good friend. If she wanted to have you by her side during her “coming out process” maybe she shouldn’t have stabbed you in the back. People are terrible with dealing with other people, it’s upsetting to me. Especially when these people are supposed to be your friends. I’m sure she’s going through a roller coaster of a time emotionally but, what? You’re just supposed to grin and bear it and help her along despite the way she made you feel? Despite the way she handled herself when she had feelings for someone intimately intertwined with you? it's completely maddening to be left in the dark and feel like fool once it all comes out. this is not the time for you to feel sorry for being insensitive during her "coming out." she gave that up when she decided not to tell you what was going on or when she started having feelings or when things started moving in a non-friendship way between the two of them. you have every right to not want to see the one-sided pissing contest.

wow. i was thinking "you tell 'em!" 

and then i realized, you were telling me. :) 

thanks for validating. appreciate it.

"Come with me if you want to lift" -The Brominator

"Later, I would learn that coincidences are the most planned things in the world. Later, I would learn that every single moment is a coincidence." - Douglas Coupland

"Anyone who doesn't want french fries every day is a commie." - AngelaTheGeek

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

Feel no obligation to be nice to either of them. 

Other than that, all the people above sound smart and wise. 

Raptron, alot assassin

6564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

You are NOT a bitch. Not sure what BoMC stands for but I assume this is/was a good friend. If she wanted to have you by her side during her “coming out process†maybe she shouldn’t have stabbed you in the back. People are terrible with dealing with other people, it’s upsetting to me. Especially when these people are supposed to be your friends. I’m sure she’s going through a roller coaster of a time emotionally but, what? You’re just supposed to grin and bear it and help her along despite the way she made you feel? Despite the way she handled herself when she had feelings for someone intimately intertwined with you? it's completely maddening to be left in the dark and feel like fool once it all comes out. this is not the time for you to feel sorry for being insensitive during her "coming out." she gave that up when she decided not to tell you what was going on or when she started having feelings or when things started moving in a non-friendship way between the two of them. you have every right to not want to see the one-sided pissing contest.

A-fucking-men.

You are not a bitch.

<3 <3 <3

(BoCM stands for bringer of chocolate milk)

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!

Nope, definitely not seeing the bitch here. While it's understandable *why* someone is being selfish when they're going through something, it does NOT excuse the behavior. Not to mention that giving voice to your frustrations is one of the best ways to work through them.

I mean... Rob Ford has been a horrible mayor, but in his defense, he's been stoned most of the time, and he's been very apolog... (Damn, bad example)

Any chance of using this to your advantage?

Probably too-long anecdote:

My first two weightlifting gyms were full of people who would have kicked my ass if I had even had the plates facing "the wrong way" on the bar, much less not put equipment away neatly. Never mind the fact that it makes sense. Why do you want to force people to have to dig through a stack of weights to get at the plate they need?

Recently, I had been lifting at the Y, and plates are all over the freaking place. It doesn't affect me *that* much, but it's ingrained in me. At first I tried to just let it go, but then I found that letting myself get a little riled up (and semi-stomping around putting things back in place), was actually helping my lifts. It was giving me just that touch of aggression that I need to really go after a lift. I actually kinda miss it now that I'm in my home gym.

I concur with the above that you are not a bitch. I don't know if BoCM is actually trying to be passive-aggressive or if it's just coming off that way, but either way, you are not being a bitch. 

It sounds like you have a solid plan. I <3 that you're not willing to ask for special treatment just because you're a coach, and that you're thinking of what's best for the box, not just what's best for you. In the meantime, I'm sorry you have to go through this. Big hugs. ALL the hugs!

animals_in_love_16.jpg

Hobbit Ranger seeking balance (and cookies)

Current Challenge

thanks all :) means a lot.

"Later, I would learn that coincidences are the most planned things in the world. Later, I would learn that every single moment is a coincidence." - Douglas Coupland

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

still not a bitch.  Don't beat yourself up.

I'm still in the camp of find a new friend to focus on at CF.  Not find a new love interest - just some new friends.  Maybe people who are new to the gym?  Maybe someone you never got to know?  This way when you feel uncomfortable, you can refocus..."hey, cute shorts!" or "nice double unders today" and you are being honest and true and not playing games.  Just honestly making new friends to keep your gym a happy place for you.

new friends are awesome. 

• Like 1

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

leaving this here for now: http://myhappinessquest.wordpress.com/2013/12/23/on-friendship/

more later.

• Like 1

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines