daggart's way to half-marathon

Leithient

Thank you very much!

I'm fighting with my demons.

First goal: running as I expected, but no strength training (at least I'm doing bodycombat one day and push upsDon'tother day, not very much, but I came back really tired from the university).

Second and third goal: I MUST EAT SLOWER. And I must eat LESS AND HEALTHIER. I'm thinking on quitting from wheat products (I think bread makes me overeat so much). Don't know if grains - in general - does it, but wheat DOES.

Fourth goal: Monday and Tuesday I couldn't do almost anything, but today I've read two and a half papers, and I finished a book, so I did today the work of two days.

And creative goal... The same. But yesterday I played 90' and today I've been writing 30'. Not so bad, but not poetry but essay writing.

Human: Ranger

5 STR | 3 DEX | 5 STA | 4 CON | 2 WIS | 3 CHA

Current challenge: keep it simple

battle log | epic quest

Last challenges: ΜΟΛΩΠΛΑΒΕ | prepare to a half-marathon

MEMENTO MORI

Thank you very much!

First goal: running as I expected, but no strength training (at least I'm doing bodycombat one day and push upsDon'tother day, not very much, but I came back really tired from the university).

Second and third goal: I MUST EAT SLOWER. And I must eat LESS AND HEALTHIER. I'm thinking on quitting from wheat products (I think bread makes me overeat so much). Don't know if grains - in general - does it, but wheat DOES.

Fourth goal: Monday and Tuesday I couldn't do almost anything, but today I've read two and a half papers, and I finished a book, so I did today the work of two days.

And creative goal... The same. But yesterday I played 90' and today I've been writing 30'. Not so bad, but not poetry but essay writing.

battle log | epic quest

MEMENTO MORI

Thank you very much!

battle log | epic quest

MEMENTO MORI

Thank you very much!

battle log | epic quest

MEMENTO MORI

Thank you very much!

battle log | epic quest

MEMENTO MORI

:D hooray for mobile connection

Quitting wheat sounds like a good idea, I cut almost all grain from my diet and it helped a lot. I used to be really hungry about 3 hours after having my bread-with-stuff breakfast (at 6 a.m. so I was hungry at 9 a.m. - looong time to lunch :D), now I'm fine until about noon so I think it could work for you as well :)

Thyra Sinisalo, forever the noob

Thank you, Darwins.

Well, at least one good new (if there wasn't for the first goal I don't know if I could keep the enthusiasm for the rest of the goals):

today 80 minutes running, 12.04 kilometers

Longest distance, max. time running since A LOT of months.

I'm going to the shower, weight myself, see my measures, etc.

Great on the run!  And it sounds like you are on your way to fixing the food issues. I have had much the same experience as Thyra with bread. I love it, but it makes me eat more than I would otherwise.  Good luck fighting the demons - we're all rooting for you!

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

How are you doing, daggart? I hope you are slaying demons right and left and making your goals a reality. Have you been keeping up with your running since you had the great day?

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines