Haikoo: Operation Motivation

The short story:

A year or so ago I was doing great, eating well, exercising regularly and feeling awesometastic. 

tumblr_lgqwsbEa891qfjmnk.gif

Now, I am not.

Dr.-Who.gif
-----------------------------

I have struggled through 3 or 4 challenges now and accomplished very little. Rather than do the same thing over and over again with no results, I am changing things.

Long term fitness goal:

Get back to the place where I was going to the gym/exercising 3-4 times a week out of habit

How?

Because kid and family activities get in the way, I need to look at my calendar before the week starts and decide which days I will be doing my exercise (and what I will be doing).

Long term food goal:

Get back to the place where I was just eating paleo/primal the vast majority of the time.

How? 

NO grains (except occasional rice) until Thanksgiving. *** Editing to say the no grains will have to start on Monday. Visiting family this weekend and it is not realistic to pack an entire weekend of food. We are at their mercy for food.  I will limit it as much as I can.

NO more Halloween candy. Some dark chocolate will be acceptable here and there, especially Shark Week.
Dairy is not an every day item. 

Remember:
-Drink water
-Go to bed at a reasonable time
-Cut out the negative self talk

-Text a nerd instead of giving in to the food?

Personal affirmation: I can and will get back to feeling awesome again.

G7UWo.gif

• Like 1

STR 7.2 | DEX 3.5 | STA 5.8 | CON 8.4 | WIS 5.55 | CHA 5.5

Most Recent Challenge

Time to lay out this week's exercise plan.

What I've done so far:

Monday -

Cardio Circuit class (this one is a mix of cardio and bodyweight/light dumbell exercises), and yoga class

Tuesday- Rest

Wednesday- 

3x10 vertical pulls 

3x10 shoulderstand squats

5 mins jump rope

10 pushups

(May throw in a few extra random body weight exercises if I get time)

-----------------------

The rest of the week will be more difficult. Friday-Sunday we are gone to visit my family in Michigan. I will see what I can get done tomorrow, but the rest of the time may just consist of random bodyweight exercises.

I also forgot about that when I said "I will not eat grains until Thanksgiving." That may have to weight until Monday, as I can't pack a whole weekend of food :/

(damn me and getting over zealous and not thinking of what's going on in the future)

Most Recent Challenge

Thanks silver!

I am feeling really good today. My food has still been good. I have not touched the candy. Dinner last night was perch and sweet potatoes. I said no to wine last night. (I will have one once in a while, but I had some last Saturday, so I don't need it again this soon).  

My body is feeling really sore from the exercise I have been doing this week, so that is a good thing! I love it!!

Today I have been doing a lot of laundry, but I have squeezed in 2 sets of 10 burpees so far. Going to try for more random exercises during the day, as I doubt I will make it to the gym because things are going on tonight. 

Most Recent Challenge

I have struggled through 3 or 4 challenges now and accomplished very little. Rather than do the same thing over and over again with no results, I am changing things...

Long term fitness goal:

Get back to the place where I was going to the gym/exercising 3-4 times a week out of habit

How?

Because kid and family activities get in the way, I need to look at my calendar before the week starts and decide which days I will be doing my exercise (and what I will be doing)...

Remember:
-Drink water
-Go to bed at a reasonable time
-Cut out the negative self talk

-Text a nerd instead of giving in to the food?

Personal affirmation: I can and will get back to feeling awesome again.

Hello fellow-parental-person. I'm going the same type of thing - regaining focus and momentum after a very detailed 8 months (you know the drill).

Please keep posting about how you deal with surprises and tempting scenarios. Let's get the mojo back!

Rebel - Hunter - Trader - Renewing the body and mind to be as capable as possible - lean & strength

HI bacon!  Yes let's focus, we can do this!!

So this weekend was not really great food wise. However, I am committed to the no grains until Thanksgiving thing with ONE catch. The boys' birthday is next week. I'm not sure what to do about that. On the one hand, it's a family celebration... on the other hand, would  I be wimping out by giving in to it (cake)?  I never think of all the things when I decide stuff like this. There is always some big thing I didn't think of. I want to be to the point I eat well, but do have treats sometimes (esp. family celebrations and holidays).  I DON'T KNOW.

Meanwhile, I'm doing fine, today, other than IT IS SNOWING. Bleh. 

I did get some exercise in on Saturday, so that was good. I plan to go to gym tonight.

Most Recent Challenge

HI bacon!  Yes let's focus, we can do this!!

So this weekend was not really great food wise. However, I am committed to the no grains until Thanksgiving thing with ONE catch. The boys' birthday is next week. I'm not sure what to do about that. On the one hand, it's a family celebration... on the other hand, would  I be wimping out by giving in to it (cake)?  I never think of all the things when I decide stuff like this. There is always some big thing I didn't think of. I want to be to the point I eat well, but do have treats sometimes (esp. family celebrations and holidays).  I DON'T KNOW.

Meanwhile, I'm doing fine, today, other than IT IS SNOWING. Bleh. 

I did get some exercise in on Saturday, so that was good. I plan to go to gym tonight.

There will ALWAYS be something that we could use as a reason not to. Birthdays, holidays, vacations, friends visiting... I don't think you should view it as a problem. You can either decide you want to partake of the birthday cake or not and be at peace with your decision. If you do, it's something you've planned for, not a moment of weakness. It's okay to have treats, just don't let it turn into a weekend-long treat marathon :) For example, I'm committed to following a meal plan in Practical Paleo for this challenge, but I'll be going to Nerdsgiving in San Francisco and have already told BigM that yes, we will drink beer and giggle. Beer isn't part of the meal plan, but it's something that I want to do and am planning for. Same with when I go to Boston in December and eat/drink all the non-paleo things with the Tin Man et al. I'm not gonna let it ruin me and even if I don't stay paleo the whole challenge, at least I'm taking care of myself more than I was before.

Lulu : one that is remarkable or wonderful (it's in the dictionary, it must be true)

Battle LogPinterest | Twitter | Instagram

You are right Lulu. I just have to think of it from a different point of view. Eating a piece of cake one day out of 3 weeks is not that big of a deal at all. Plus, it is far better than my record has been lately.   I am missing the entire point of my NOT doing a challenge (the part where I just chill out and learn to eat healthy in a RELAXED way).

Most Recent Challenge

You are right Lulu. I just have to think of it from a different point of view. Eating a piece of cake one day out of 3 weeks is not that big of a deal at all. Plus, it is far better than my record has been lately.   I am missing the entire point of my NOT doing a challenge (the part where I just chill out and learn to eat healthy in a RELAXED way).

Exactly. Don't stress yourself out :)

Lulu : one that is remarkable or wonderful (it's in the dictionary, it must be true)

Yes, I agree! And it's a birthday! Celebration is important. Also, I hope your trip home to visit family was nice! 

Relaxxxxxx. 

tumblr_mw5u8l1qN61skm5z6o1_400.gif

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

Oooh! I could go for some turkey avo right now. I hope the gym went well last night! 

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

I am surrounded by cookies!!! 

I to a climbing gym on Sunday, that was fun! Did my typical Monday work out (the one night I have down consistently between all the kid activities).  I will go to the gym tonight even though I don't really want to go out in the cold.

Cookies are gross! Hold out for cheesecake instead :D

And good for you! Climbing has always sounded super fun to me, but I've never really tried to get into it. And going to the gym will at least warm you up for a little while ^.^