11/4

In second week of current strength cycle.

SL RDLs

Pull ups

DB cleans and presses

DB bootstrappers

Bulgarian split squats

Janda sit ups

Finished with 1 minute each:

Squat hold

Child's pose, reach right, then left

Down dog

Standing split R, L

Seated shoulder stretch

11/5

Recovery day:

Mobility prep

10 gentle minutes of:

10 intense minutes of:

Rolling (chest, upper back, glutes, quads)

Holds from PCC article

Yay!  You're back!  I hope life is treating you well, but I imagine things are still very hectic.  Great workouts, as always.  :)

Thanks! Yes, life is still crazy, but we're hanging on. I'm not sure how much I'll write about all that throughout the challenge. I wasn't sure whether I wanted to come back to the boards at all. It feels like I'm leaving out so much of the big picture, but I miss everyone too much. :)

Subbed :)

Thanks! Yes, life is still crazy, but we're hanging on. I'm not sure how much I'll write about all that throughout the challenge. I wasn't sure whether I wanted to come back to the boards at all. It feels like I'm leaving out so much of the big picture, but I miss everyone too much. :)

I'm with Nymeria, Paradigm and KB - I'm glad you are back as well :) I would definitely miss you if you needed to leave!

Having said that I hope you update on as infrequent (or frequent) a basis as suits your life and your individual needs. I know I'm cutting back on updates and replying to threads as my life is getting busier - but I still find NF to be a very beneficial and motivating place to return to when I need.

(I think you're one of the awesomest people and a great example)

I completely and utterly agree with KB :)

I'm glad you came back! Even if you leave out big picture stuff sometimes it helps to have supportive, non biased people around to give you e-love!

Thanks. Sometimes it feels like I'm lying by omission if I don't provide the background info, but right now it just feels weird to write it all out. I definitely appreciate all the support and e-love. :D

Glad you're back! We'd miss you (I think you're one of the awesomest people and a great example) so my reasons are entirely selfish but ofc I hope you get something out of it too :)

Subbed :)

I'm with Nymeria, Paradigm and KB - I'm glad you are back as well :) I would definitely miss you if you needed to leave!

Having said that I hope you update on as infrequent (or frequent) a basis as suits your life and your individual needs. I know I'm cutting back on updates and replying to threads as my life is getting busier - but I still find NF to be a very beneficial and motivating place to return to when I need.

I completely and utterly agree with KB :)

This means a lot coming from the two of you. I've learned so much from you over the last several months. :)

11/6

Mobility prep

Handstand practice

Slow plank climbers on p-bars

BW squats

TGUs, light

Sandbag squats

SB Good mornings

Prisoner Get Ups

Push ups (p-bars)

Rolling pistol practice (super slow descent) x 10 minutes

Finish, 1 minute each

Double pigeon, R

Splits progression, R

Double pigeon, L

Splits progression, L

Tripod pike to headstand hold

Forward Bend

Shoulder bridge reaches

Crab reaches

MovNat-inspired flow - lateral figure four, tall half-kneeling, deep lunge stretch

It's always dangerous for me to read your threads.  I end up getting inspired by the videos, and then want to try things right away.  :) Friday, I'm definitely doing the rolling pistols.  I had tried them before, but I was doing them all wrong. 

What splits progression are you using?  I'm really conflicted with the splits.  I want them, but I'm having a heck of a time motivating myself to actually work for them. 

Level 30? who the hell knows anymore? Direwolf Assassin/Ranger - current challenge

ACL rehab thread      2016 parkour

My tutorials:

handbalancing: crow, flying crow, side crow, crow->headstand->crow  Bo staff: strikes 1 2 3, spins 1 2

That looks like it might actually make pistol training somewhat fun instead of frustrating ;)

It is quite fun. I actually have to force myself to slow down because I can get some serious speed going, lol.

It's always dangerous for me to read your threads.  I end up getting inspired by the videos, and then want to try things right away.  :) Friday, I'm definitely doing the rolling pistols.  I had tried them before, but I was doing them all wrong. 

What splits progression are you using?  I'm really conflicted with the splits.  I want them, but I'm having a heck of a time motivating myself to actually work for them. 

Haha, that's how I feel about your thread as well.

I'm following the cues in this video:

I know how you feel about Kelly, so I'll just say you can skip to ~5:03. ;)

The stretches I list at the end of each workout are actually part of the program I'm currently following, so I'm not really going through a specific sequence that I've planned personally.

Short and powerfull, I like ^^ looking forward to reading and following your thread again :D

Level 10 Bleu Gardien Assassin of the Lanomia Clan

Buddhist, Traceur, Martial Artist, Assassin, Templar

Strenght: 22 Constitution: 9 Dexterity: 4 Wisdom: 12 Stamina: 11 Charisma: 5
- My Epic Quest: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/28629-an-assassins-epic-quest/
- My Tenth-th Challenge: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/56054-cobaltswords-journey-chapter-10/

- Daily Battle Log: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/51677-cobaltswords-journey/

"The more you sweat in training, the less you bleed in battle" - "Nothing is true, everything is permitted"

Wow, that is one compact challenge write-up.

I shall join in the 'Glad you're back!' cheer. Your animal flow stuff is quite inspiring, it's one of the things I'm thinking of playing around with this time.

Haha, well, sometimes I just don't have a lot to say. :D

Thanks. It's nice to be back.

Lex, since I'm also doing the splits this challenge I have to thank you for that video! Love it so much. 

Always happy to help!

Short and powerfull, I like ^^ looking forward to reading and following your thread again :D

Thanks. I'm looking forward to your comments. :D

Welcome back! :)

Thanks! And same to you. :)

11/7

Passive recovery day (naptime)

I've got very mild DOMS across my chest/shoulders today, so I did a bit of rolling, stretching, and contract/relax on a ball while watching Hulu. Oddly enough, my legs/glutes haven't been nearly as sore as I expected them to be. There was some tightness across my hip flexors yesterday, but I seemed to have worked it out. I actually got 8 uninterrupted hours of sleep last night, which is the first time in WEEKS. My daughter has decided she's afraid of the dark. I think Halloween is largely to blame because I've been trying to convince her monsters are only in movies and stories, and she saw plenty walking around throughout October, lol. Hopefully we are finally over the worst of it.

thumbs up for naptime :P not unimportant ^^

fear of the dark will pass :) a night light helped me :D (bad Halloween XD)

- My Epic Quest: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/28629-an-assassins-epic-quest/
- My Tenth-th Challenge: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/56054-cobaltswords-journey-chapter-10/

- Daily Battle Log: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/51677-cobaltswords-journey/

"The more you sweat in training, the less you bleed in battle" - "Nothing is true, everything is permitted"

thumbs up for naptime :tongue: not unimportant ^^

fear of the dark will pass :) a night light helped me :D (bad Halloween XD)

Yes, I've definitely found a new appreciation for naps.

We got her a KinderGlo light that has a 30-min timer. It hasn't stopped all of her delay tactics before bed, but last night was the second night she's let me sleep. :D

Yes, I've definitely found a new appreciation for naps.

We got her a KinderGlo light that has a 30-min timer. It hasn't stopped all of her delay tactics before bed, but last night was the second night she's let me sleep. :D

hihi good thing you have :D I love sleeping XD

good good :) haha kids always tend to delay going to bed but usually fall asleep the minute their in bed (In my experience ^^), i'm sure she'll let you sleep every night soon enough :)

people tend to think the fears of a child are irrational (especially in the dark) and their often right, but a kid doesn't think rationally at those moments and I remember that my imagination of everything was the thing that was actually keeping me awake XD

Well, taking fear of the dark a step farther, it is a fear of the unknown, with imagination making up possibilities in an effort to rationalize the fear. Is the fear of death not the same, but graduated, fear of the unknown? That outlook provides a child and adult version of the same fear, which may make it easier to understand.

Species: Elven Vampire

Class: Assassin

Magic Numbers pvp

Heroes vs Villains 

Yesterday wasn't a typical Monday. My husband was off work for half of it, and with his entire dept out of town for a conference, we actually had a free afternoon together! I got my workout in early, so I didn't miss anything either.

BW squats

Push ups

SLRDLs

Knees to elbows

Russian twist

Hollow rocks

RKC plank

Finished with stretches. Already noticing some improvements.

Stability stuff throughout the day. Left is better than right. I've noticed that whenever I kneel or get off the floor, I tend to use my left leg more. I'm trying to make a conscious effort to use my right, which should help with the imbalances I've been noticing.

For the last couple of weeks, I've been experimenting with a new workout schedule. Since my daughter's nap times have become less frequent, I decided I would try working out earlier in the day, while she's busy waking up/eating breakfast. This translates to training at around 9 am. I can't always move as quickly as I want due to interruptions, but it seems to be working fine. I was afraid that I might struggle with fasted training, but I haven't noticed a difference. Honestly, it's been kind of nice to get my training done earlier. Some days, I even forget that I've already done my workout. My energy levels have been great, and I'm still getting an energy boost around 2 to 3 pm, when I used to train. 

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines