• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Thanks all. :) And Lupus, both!

Things are going well. Eating lots, gotten back into a habit of snacking - pistachio, jerky, veggies, almond butter, berries, etc. - and made a batch of sweet potato shepherd's pie to last me this weekend while I study for my first exam. This week:

• 2/3 gym days
    • Squat: 5x5x75
    • Dumbbell rows: 5x5x40
    • Dumbbell Benchpress: 5x5x50
  • ... So classes have ended ... morning goal has pretty much flown out the window. If you've known be from before, you know my sleep schedule is normally from 3am-11am, about. Or I just don't get enough sleep. >_> This goal is what's stressing me out this time around.
  • 1 course down. First exam is Monday.

Mm. I feel you on this one. If I'm lucky, I can get down to bed by 3 AM and I'm up by 11 or 12, depending on whether the traffic outside my window lets me sleep. One day it won't be that way anymore.

Things are going well. Eating lots, gotten back into a habit of snacking - pistachio, jerky, veggies, almond butter, berries, etc. - and made a batch of sweet potato shepherd's pie to last me this weekend while I study for my first exam.

Hey snacking can be okay (at least in my book it can be) as long as you're conscious about it and you're snacking healthy.  Which it seems like you are.

Also can you link a recipe for your sweet potato shepherds pie?

Mm. I feel you on this one. If I'm lucky, I can get down to bed by 3 AM and I'm up by 11 or 12, depending on whether the traffic outside my window lets me sleep. One day it won't be that way anymore.

Agreed.

Hey snacking can be okay (at least in my book it can be) as long as you're conscious about it and you're snacking healthy.  Which it seems like you are.

Also can you link a recipe for your sweet potato shepherds pie?

Definitely. I'm trying to be snacking so I can get enough calories in. Aaand yes! It's somewhere in my other threads, I'll find it and get back to you. :)

• 1/3 exams done, nailed it. :)

• Been skipping gym. >.< Hurt shoulder today while carrying groceries (don't one-strap your backpack when you have milk, meat, veggies and cream in it...)

I also ate oreos

I will go to gym tomorrow.

... I regret nothing.

• Like 1

Life's too short for regrets, but it's also too short for you to do things that take you away from your goals.

!!!

Life's too short for regrets, but it's also too short for you to do things that take you away from your goals.

Think as long as I keep a balance, I'll be okay. :) Skipping a weekend of workouts for the extra rest time and study time was worth it, and the cookies... well, I can't remember the last time I had an oreo and I won't remember the next time I have them either.

Think as long as I keep a balance, I'll be okay. :) Skipping a weekend of workouts for the extra rest time and study time was worth it, and the cookies... well, I can't remember the last time I had an oreo and I won't remember the next time I have them either.

Understood. Sorry, oreos are completely reasonable most of the time. I'm coming off of a long bout of physical work, and my rationality may be compromised. Please excuse my poor manners. m(_ _)m

Understood. Sorry, oreos are completely reasonable most of the time. I'm coming off of a long bout of physical work, and my rationality may be compromised. Please excuse my poor manners. m(_ _)m

No worries, Kishi! I totally agree with your statement, but I felt the need to justify myself as well. :tongue:

It's really just that this week until next Wednesday, school is a priority over working out/eating well, for the most part. Other than the oreos, I probably should have added that I've been keeping up with primal shepherd's pie, veggies and eggs as well!

Attempting to get back on track. Apparently that means getting back with regular updates instead of slacking and making it seem like I've already given up on this challenge.

• 1/3 gymdays
    • Squat: 5x5x80
    • Injured traps/shoulder still. I tried doing light weights with bench press and deadlift but couldn't do it. So instead I messed around with an ab workout that I made up with a 15lbs medicine ball... I did russian twists and 3 variations of situps and leg raises. 
    • I will probably be resting til Saturday, on which day I promise to lift heavy
  • Eating healthy
    • oatmeal, 1 coffee
    • bacon, scrambled up leftover shepherd's pie and ate it with a fried egg ... best thing ever.
    • will eat the last of shepherd's pie tonight, then make a week's worth of chicken with brussel sprouts and broccoli, possibly some rice.
  • Goal tonight will be to sleep by 1:00 am
  • Studying's still priority here. Need to stop procrastinating in every way possible. I am entirely too excited to move back home for the holidays -- Got lots of plans with friends already and I'll be returning to Muay Thai for the couple weeks that I'm there ... but first. Exams, dammit.

One thing at a time! You'll get it! Everything's ready and waiting, you just have to get there first. Get it done!

Those sound like healthy yummy snacks!

Sorry you hurt your shoulder :( That's good you are resting it...way to improvise an ab workout. A lot of people would've just left if they couldn't do what they came there to do.

Best of Luck of your exams! Almost done!! :)

Kill those exams, LW~!

Also, I'm so sorry I've had tunnel vision. I blame NaNo. 

But way to go with keeping everything going and still sticking to this. And don't push that shoulder! Shoulder injuries are the worst! Hate! Much hate! (I has a terrible shoulder that prevents me from doing OHP. It is at once mercy and torture.)

*hugs*

I so wish I came and dropped in earlier. #regretseverything

Sorry to hear about your shoulder.  As a fellow gimpy-monk, injuries suck. :(

Also, you sound like my cousin with her healthy eating - everything gets an added egg or three.  Which is amazingly tasty sounding.

One thing at a time! You'll get it! Everything's ready and waiting, you just have to get there first. Get it done!

Sir yessir!

Those sound like healthy yummy snacks!

Sorry you hurt your shoulder :( That's good you are resting it...way to improvise an ab workout. A lot of people would've just left if they couldn't do what they came there to do.

Best of Luck of your exams! Almost done!! :)

Thanks, Cheechoe! :)

Kill those exams, LW~!

Also, I'm so sorry I've had tunnel vision. I blame NaNo. 

But way to go with keeping everything going and still sticking to this. And don't push that shoulder! Shoulder injuries are the worst! Hate! Much hate! (I has a terrible shoulder that prevents me from doing OHP. It is at once mercy and torture.)

*hugs*

I so wish I came and dropped in earlier. #regretseverything

No worries. <3 We're all busy. I know I have been a ghost to everyone else's threads. >.< Thanks for stopping by in the end though :D

#Wearthistoyournextexam #LLW'ssweatshirtofdistraction #pewpewpew

Saw that and thought it should be recommended to your wardrobe :tongue:

http://belovedshirts.com/collections/cats-1/products/cat-vortex-sweatshirt )

THIS IS AMAZING. WHY IS IT 60$!?

Sorry to hear about your shoulder.  As a fellow gimpy-monk, injuries suck. :(

Also, you sound like my cousin with her healthy eating - everything gets an added egg or three.  Which is amazingly tasty sounding.

100%. I lovelovelove eggs. Soup, salad? Add a boiled egg. Hot dish? Fried egg. Need something else to go on the side? Scrambled.

So, not much to share today.

• Woke up early, went to library around 9:30am
  • Studied until 1:30pm
  • Came home in hopes of making food but chicken was still very much frozen so I had soup for lunch instead, and then the second last piece of shepherd's pie
  • Tomorrow will be chicken and more studying.
  • Shoulder is still giving off shooting pain. >.< I will work on stretching and some lacrosse ball time as well.

LAX ball is good for shoulder pain. It helped me out a ton with some lingering shoulder pain and a good massage usually takes care of any flare-ups I might experience.

Hey all,

Still kicking but not very well. So, once again -- because of exams and things, probably dropping this challenge. Not completely, I'm still going to focus on my goals, but I haven't been consistent enough with this. And whatever, that's life. I've had this happen through enough challenges to get that. :tongue:

• Shoulder is pretty bad. I thought it was completely fine. It felt a little sensitive but figured warming it up and using it would help it.
  • Apparently 135lbs deadlifts, 50lbs benchpress, lighter weighted squats and dumbbell rows did not ...I was trying to catch up with missed gym days
  • The pain didn't start up again til a couple hours ago, and it's not something that stretching is helping
  • Got one more exam left. I will update my thread on my GPA at the end of the challenge, at least.
  • Food has been okay. Calorie intake is still low. Rest is low. School is stressing me out. >.< Been taking breaks with just relaxing with music though, so it's not as bad.

Good nerdy things:

• Catspaw is visiting Toronto for Christmas, will be having a lifting and all-you-can-eat sushi session with her and Rob :)
  • Just got tickets booked for the Texas meet up in January.
  • ... I just spent a good hour being ridiculously excited and now feel burned out. But. SO EXCITED.
  • Like 1

• Catspaw is visiting Toronto for Christmas, will be having a lifting and all-you-can-eat sushi session with her and Rob :)
  • Just got tickets booked for the Texas meet up in January.

BECAUSE SO MUCH AWESOME.

Gah, freaking shoulders. I recommend you look up Rick Kaselj; he's a physical therapist of some renown who offers some stuff for shoulder pain.

BECAUSE SO MUCH AWESOME.

Yes! <3

Gah, freaking shoulders. I recommend you look up Rick Kaselj; he's a physical therapist of some renown who offers some stuff for shoulder pain.

I'll look him up. :) It's really mostly the traps, and the pain spreads by shoulder blade/shoulder, and today it started causing throbbing pain up to my ear. I have a really bad habit of shrugging my shoulders up during dead lift so that's definitely what's worsened it. Will update on how it goes!