Matt_72 Rollin' with the Scouts, again, but Faster!

Matt_72

I am thinking of either the Hobbit or The Rum Diary. These days my attention span is short and as much as I loved reading when I was a kid and you weren't meant to love reading my ability to read now seems to have disappeared somewhat. So with that in mind The Rum Diary is more likely because Hunter S Thompson really grabs my attention and shakes me up so that I have to keep reading to find out what sort of messed up thing he will be up to next.

Interesting. I've never read any Hunter St. We've got Fear and Loathing around somewhere I think. I'll not add to the book recommendations though, since you seem to be getting plenty!

Level 20 Ferret Demon Scout

STR 43 | DEX 21 | STA 49 | CON 30 | WIS 45 | CHA 21

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Valeu a pena? Tudo vale a pena Se a alma não é pequena.

^

That's who Tolkien intended it for :)  The Hobbit was written after the Lord of the Rings, that's why the style in writing is different. Where LOTR is serious, has more scary and violent themes, the Hobbit is humorous, and light hearted.

Almost at the end of week 1 and it has been a pretty slow start to this challenge.

I have done the 2 minute meditation from calm.com 4 times and the 7 minute session once. That's an ok start but I am only counting half for each of the short sessions.

I had my shoulder/neck worked on early in the week and it took a few days to come back from that so I have just completed day 1 of the 100 push up challenge after doing the first 2 sets earlier in the week and pulling up lame.

I completed my 2 fasts relatively easily this week and have been mindful of what I have been eating on the other days.

I completed the actual text part of the 5:2 book and there are just recipes and footnotes left so I am calling that done. Still haven't 100% decided on a book yet but I hope to have that sorted so that I can crack into the book on Sunday.

I haven't commenced anything to do with the connect/reconnect part of the challenge yet. Hopefully the weather holds out tomorrow and I can reacquaint myself with my bike in order to help both my 50km and connect challenges.

• Like 1

Level 8 Satyr Scout

STR 11|DEX 5|STA 10|CON 9|WIS 12|CHA 5

Previous Challenge

Woot What?

MFP

Endomondo

Hey Matt, checking in.

How's the socializing going?

Hi Teri,

I haven't been doing much work towards that goal as of yet. I actually haven't put much thought towards it. It's obviously an easy way out to make a call shoot the shit and then forget about it for another year or 10. In order to not take the easy way out I think that I am probably going to have to make a call with the offer of catching up for lunch thrown into the bargain. I guess that when I do think about it one of the reasons, and it is only one of them, why I dropped out and lost so much confidence was because I did put on weight. That then drives confidence down even further which begets more weight gain etc etc so I think maybe feeling better about myself and my weight and fitness is happening at around the right time for me to pop my head up again. I'm not back where I was or where they were used to me being but I am much closer than I have been for about the past 5 years.

Level 8 Satyr Scout

Previous Challenge

Woot What?

MFP

Endomondo

Hi Teri,

I haven't been doing much work towards that goal as of yet. I actually haven't put much thought towards it. It's obviously an easy way out to make a call shoot the shit and then forget about it for another year or 10. In order to not take the easy way out I think that I am probably going to have to make a call with the offer of catching up for lunch thrown into the bargain. I guess that when I do think about it one of the reasons, and it is only one of them, why I dropped out and lost so much confidence was because I did put on weight. That then drives confidence down even further which begets more weight gain etc etc so I think maybe feeling better about myself and my weight and fitness is happening at around the right time for me to pop my head up again. I'm not back where I was or where they were used to me being but I am much closer than I have been for about the past 5 years.

Well you are pretty amazing to me. Your goals are solid and your commitment to yourself seems to be improving. So... When you are ready for that risk of reaching out please remember you're spending time with people for your sake. It makes you stronger of spirit. I will be here for you if you need me.

Cheers

Sent via my phone b/c my laptop is out of reach. Cheers!

• Like 1

The Way

Better Now than Back Then

Better Now than Later On

What's calm.com? Is it for meditation? Part of my goals is to meditate 3x a day for 10 minutes at most and right now I use a playlist on 8tracks to help me zone out so to speak.

Chiming in with another fun book recommendation: The Ocean at the End of the Lane, by Neil Gaiman. Can't praise it enough.

Nuribaby, Level 2 Scout

STR 1 | DEX 1 | STA 3 | CON 4.25 | WIS .25 | CHA 1

Current Challenge (Prev 1) | Strength in Numbers | Battle Log | MyFitnessPal

"Let us, then, be up and doing,

With a heart for any fate;

Still achieving, still pursuing,

Learn to labor and to wait."

"A Psalm of Life", Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

What's calm.com? Is it for meditation? Part of my goals is to meditate 3x a day for 10 minutes at most and right now I use a playlist on 8tracks to help me zone out so to speak.

Yeah it's a smart phone app for meditation. It walks you through some pretty basic meditations and I think if you pay you can get other options made available to you. For a novice like me I think the free sessions are sufficient.

Level 8 Satyr Scout

Previous Challenge

Woot What?

MFP

Endomondo

Faster 

2/2

Longer

No riding this week

Stronger

I have started the 100 push ups program but also need to schedule some bww's

Meditaterer

Got off to a pretty good start with this but probably only scored half points for the week.

Life Quest

Connect/Reconnect

No action yet.

Edited to add Bonus Points

Read a book

Starting on The Hobbit tonight after all the great  reccomendations

Level 8 Satyr Scout

Previous Challenge

Woot What?

MFP

Endomondo

Last night I did a session from 100 pushups.

I did my back/shoulder stretches with my stretchy band.

I worked on my kinks in my back and my legs with my foam roller.

My wife was pretty amused when I announced last week after cancelling my appointment with my physio, "I'll fucken fix it myself!" So far I haven't damaged it so let's just say I'm fixing it.

• Like 2

Level 8 Satyr Scout

Previous Challenge

Woot What?

MFP

Endomondo

LOL I would be amused to! And probably say, "Fine, but if you break something I'm not cleaning it up!"

Totally getting that app and trying it out! Thanks Matt!

Just for those who have been following my thread for a few challenges I mentioned an app called Lift that tracks habits/tasks it has been released on Android today Lift

Cool! I think I like this better than Habitstreak. Thanks!
  • Like 1

Level 20 Ferret Demon Scout

STR 43 | DEX 21 | STA 49 | CON 30 | WIS 45 | CHA 21

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Valeu a pena? Tudo vale a pena Se a alma não é pequena.

Meal Plan for the next 7 days

Saturday

Slow cooked Beef Brisket with all the trimmings

Sunday

Beef Rendang

Monday

Quick Chicken Curry with Cauliflower Rice

Tuesday

Hairy Bikers Spanish Style Chicken Bake

Wednesday

Scrambled Eggs with Bacon, Mushrooms and Spinach

Thursday