• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dirty Deads

Lord Swoledemort and the 3 Unforgivable Curses

Great goals LS! 

Bring the house down, you can do it!

Don´t worry about slipping every once in a while, if overall you work toward your goals, you´ll see a lot of progress. 

Thanks! I'm going to try and slip  as little as possible. In the past I've used  slipping once as an excuse to scrap it and start over later.

Right now I'm doing dislocates with a broomstick in preparation for snatches tonight.

Workout was alright. Cut short because I went at 8pm instead of 5am. Gets busy with Zumba and curl bros in the evening. 5am always works.

Need to increase my depth so I'm not power snatching and work on pulling myself under the bar.

Love the name and the theme.

I have been contemplating working the Oly lifts into my routine but I think I will put them off until a later challenge.

Good luck with the challenge, I look forward to hearing how it goes.

+1

It does feel weird to be rooting for the dark side, though…

Only until you realize that the dark side is a lot more fun. 

A good strategy for getting around the bros and gals is to identify the 'key lifts,' the ones that you really want to focus on the most. Make sure you get those done so that you can feel good about what you've accomplished, even if you end up cutting it short.

Not a perfect fix, of course. If squats are your lift and you've got an infestation of Curl-Bros in the rack, well... hm, I don't know how you'd get around that. But having priorities in place can be helpful.

Solid goals! I hear you about the willpower, my first couple challenges I started off too big, and ended up faltering way more than I wanted to. My last challenge I kept it pretty small, and was surprised by how my stronger my willpower got! So I'll be over here in my corner, willing you lots of willpowers. *will*

Workout was alright. Cut short because I went at 8pm instead of 5am. Gets busy with Zumba and curl bros in the evening. 5am always works.

Need to increase my depth so I'm not power snatching and work on pulling myself under the bar.

What exactly do you mean by increasing your depth?

I'm trying to get a proper power snatch....it's soooo technical!

What exactly do you mean by increasing your depth?

I'm trying to get a proper power snatch....it's soooo technical!

Pulling myself under the bar into a nearly atg squat. I end up with a power snatch every time.

Pulling myself under the bar into a nearly atg squat. I end up with a power snatch every time.

Ok, Im confused: you are trying *not* to power snatch? What lifts are you attempting? (your challenge only says Oly lifts)

Ok, Im confused: you are trying *not* to power snatch? What lifts are you attempting? (your challenge only says Oly lifts)

Oh, sorry. I'm trying the snatch and c&j.  I'm trying to not power snatch, but I can't seem to get low enough to make it a standard snatch or clean and it ends up as a power version.

Arnis was fun tonight. I was the only student :)

I'm going to be joining the instructors kyusho study group semi soon. Maybe around the next full challenge.

Took a little for my application to be approved for volunteering,so it will probably be one day in week one.

I'll be hitting the Olympic lifts again tonight. Only thing that's been fail is the diet. I have eaten cheese AND bread.

Meh, it's a small slip. Back on starting now.

I did mean that, yes.

Thanks! I'm changing it up since the volunteering at this food bank can't happen. It's small and they're full, so I'm going to Habitat for Humanity ReStore.

I'm gussing you checked out building with Habitat too? I can't remember if they contract out all the construction, but lifting heavy stuff while volunteering is a double win :)

Hopefully i don't meet my husband there. I'm not gay and my girlfriend might get upset if I were.

Husbands are overrated! lol and I can't say I blame her...I don't think I'd be thrilled either! :P

I'm gussing you checked out building with Habitat too? I can't remember if they contract out all the construction, but lifting heavy stuff while volunteering is a double win :)

Husbands are overrated! lol and I can't say I blame her...I don't think I'd be thrilled either! :tongue:

Yeah, they are over flooded with building volunteers I guess. Unless you're a carpenter/ electrician etc. It is a definite win.

Get serious about Arnis/Knife...and KILL IT!

2 classes a week plus some at home practice(2 extra hours a week).

What is it with boys and knives this challenge??? You are one of several playing with them this time. Must be some biological hunter ancestry thing with the cooler weather! lol

Unicorn Blood!

Until I can create a horcrux, I must sustain myself by consuming unicorn blood.

This entails staying with a primal diet. I will be losing the cheese though(hardest thing EVER!) as I don't care for the "studies" having been done on casein protein. Might be true, might not be. I'm playing it safe. Cheese has been a vice.

My motivation remains " To Be The Badass I've Always Pretended To Be"

Cheese is evil. You need spells for it alone. I struggle with it too and I know without a doubt it's not ok for me (casein allergy) but even that doesn't stop it sometimes. As far as the icky pizza goes, btdt a zillion times...and if you really do have an issue biologically with casein, there are doctors who say that it leads to more severe cravings for it because it acts like a drug etc. so in my experience, it's better to treat it more like an addiction, than a diet change, in that case. However, quiiting drugs/alcohol is easier too, bc an addiction to them is harder to indulge in at every store on the planet! So yeah, I get this and it has shit to do with willpower after a point, so don't get down on yourself, but don't quit trying either! I am actually toying with joining a 12 step group for food addicts to tackle it, but haven't made the jump yet.

and You already are a badass inside, or you couldn't pretend to be one :)

• Like 1

Just ate a pizza, why do I continue to eat bad food that doesn't even taste good? I shall march forth on this battlefield called diet and be sure to watch my surroundings so to not be ambushed by a lesser foe again.

MBC2 tonight.

This reminds me of my bad diet yesterday..

And how's the Arnis class? I once signed up for a class, but it was cancelled because I was the only one there haha

What is it with boys and knives this challenge??? You are one of several playing with them this time. Must be some biological hunter ancestry thing with the cooler weather! lol

Cheese is evil. You need spells for it alone. I struggle with it too and I know without a doubt it's not ok for me (casein allergy) but even that doesn't stop it sometimes. As far as the icky pizza goes, btdt a zillion times...and if you really do have an issue biologically with casein, there are doctors who say that it leads to more severe cravings for it because it acts like a drug etc. so in my experience, it's better to treat it more like an addiction, than a diet change, in that case. However, quiiting drugs/alcohol is easier too, bc an addiction to them is harder to indulge in at every store on the planet! So yeah, I get this and it has shit to do with willpower after a point, so don't get down on yourself, but don't quit trying either! I am actually toying with joining a 12 step group for food addicts to tackle it, but haven't made the jump yet.

and You already are a badass inside, or you couldn't pretend to be one :)

I like playing with a wide variety of weapons since I don't trust owning a gun. It may well be something primal though.

I don't know if I have a biological issue with casein, but the studies linking it to cancer are more than enough for me to try staying away from it. I may well be addicted, but not as much as i was to soda(was drinking 2-4 liters a day) and I haven't touched it in 6-7 months.

Maybe if I'm a badass inside I only need to break free from this prison of fat so that I can't be free to BE the badass I am inside.

This reminds me of my bad diet yesterday..

And how's the Arnis class? I once signed up for a class, but it was cancelled because I was the only one there haha

It's going well. I'm enjoying it. I was lucky that he'd told me ahead of time that it would be fine if just the two of us training.  Did you even get a lesson out of it? If I were a teacher of any kind, I couldn't cancel if I knew there was even one person wanting to learn.

I like playing with a wide variety of weapons since I don't trust owning a gun. It may well be something primal though.

I don't know if I have a biological issue with casein, but the studies linking it to cancer are more than enough for me to try staying away from it. I may well be addicted, but not as much as i was to soda(was drinking 2-4 liters a day) and I haven't touched it in 6-7 months.

Maybe if I'm a badass inside I only need to break free from this prison of fat so that I can't be free to BE the badass I am inside.

Luckily, I have never had too much trouble with soda, sugar as a whole is a problem, but not soda (the studies got me there!) but Kudos for kicking it! It's definitely hard, my oldest struggles like crazy, but because I'm the mommy, we don't keep it in the house, so that limits him somewhat.

and yes, the fat prison keeps all manner of badassery trapped! I'm excited to watch you do it!

Wow!  Soda is my deamon.  I have reduced it to an easy 3 liters a day to one can most days, but still. Congrats for kicking it.

It's going well. I'm enjoying it. I was lucky that he'd told me ahead of time that it would be fine if just the two of us training. Did you even get a lesson out of it? If I were a teacher of any kind, I couldn't cancel if I knew there was even one person wanting to learn.

No I didn't get any :( Maybe it's one of the gym's rules, I didn't ask about the details though. They offered Floro Fighting System class, but I haven't tried it yet.

Have some stomach stuff going on, but I still had MBC2 tonight. The footwork involved with knife fighting reminds me of boxing, only we're circling to the right. Oh, and the limb destruction. Limb destruction is one of the main reasons I decided on arnis. Every block is also an attack on the limb.

I learned something valuable tonight too...a fat guy on an unfamiliar surface trying to pivot = twisted knee. Luckily It didn't do any damage, just a quick twinge. Next time...socks should make the pivot easier.

I don't get knife the next 2 Thursdays, My instructor's wife bought tickets to the early Catching fire. So, I have 2 knife classes in a  row off.

No I didn't get any :( Maybe it's one of the gym's rules, I didn't ask about the details though. They offered Floro Fighting System class, but I haven't tried it yet.

Xerla, I <3 you! Every time I read a post of yours, its something else awesome....everyone, this girl, you have no idea, I think she could conquer the world if she felt like it was worth doing...she is amazing :)

Have some stomach stuff going on, but I still had MBC2 tonight. The footwork involved with knife fighting reminds me of boxing, only we're circling to the right. Oh, and the limb destruction. Limb destruction is one of the main reasons I decided on arnis. Every block is also an attack on the limb.

I learned something valuable tonight too...a fat guy on an unfamiliar surface trying to pivot = twisted knee. Luckily It didn't do any damage, just a quick twinge. Next time...socks should make the pivot easier.

I don't get knife the next 2 Thursdays, My instructor's wife bought tickets to the early Catching fire. So, I have 2 knife classes in a  row off.

Yikes! Shitty way to learn a valuable lesson though! I can't wait to see that movie!! The book was sooooooo good and they did an excellent job with the 1st movie, and well, its got Jennifer Lawrence in it :P

Yikes! Shitty way to learn a valuable lesson though! I can't wait to see that movie!! The book was sooooooo good and they did an excellent job with the 1st movie, and well, its got Jennifer Lawrence in it :tongue:

I love Jennifer Lawrence. She is so benevolent. Have you seen her red carpet walk when that girl was upset? She said, let me out there and consoled the girl. I love how she is staying a real person. I'm going to see it, but I have to see Thor first, it's my rule. Is Thor as pretty as Catniss? Well, ok, kind of, but still...