Lord Swoledemort and the 3 Unforgivable Curses

Harry Potter and The Hunger Games...

did-we-just-become-best-friends-o.gif

Did we Just became best friends?

YEP! Wanna go do Karate in the garage?

Thor NOT as pretty as Catniss. It has been decided.

He really isn't, but I like to emasculate men I wish I could look like. I could never grow luscious golden locks like his.

Ewwwww Im really glad you dont look like him :)

I look exactly like him, minus the hair, the muscles, the height, the money and of course...Mjolnir.

Sooo, week one went ALRIGHT considering. I was more off than on, but I was more on than I usually am. So, I'm calling it a C week.

What is it about laziness that creates more laziness? It really piles up and if I give in a little, it over takes me.

Well, time to pick back up and move forward.

Well, whatever it is about laziness that makes more laziness applies also to work. The more work you do, the easier it gets. If you're more on than you've been before, then kudos. Now it's time to take that just a little bit further, get just a little bit more momentum.

Momentum, Neural Grooves and Repetitive Action...the trick to kicking its ass, is to repeatedly, consistently do the things that are important to you, even if at first its SMALL, and never NOT do them more than twice, bc then the momentum goes back to lazyland and you have to start over again.

Example: If you want to make going to the gym a habit, set your schedule and DO not deviate, even if on the bad days, you just go at ride the recumbent bike for five minutes or do dumbbell curls bc you feel like shit, the act of showing up on your scheduled day/time is the important part, not how long you stay or how much you lift (at least until going is habitual, then add other shit).

Get it? Got it? Good. :)

Now go kick week two in the nuts :)

What is it about laziness that creates more laziness? It really piles up and if I give in a little, it over takes me.

Well, time to pick back up and move forward.

This is probably the single most destructive issue for me.

If I have a ton of stuff to do and get on it, it will get done. If I put it off for 20 minutes to be lazy, I might not get to any of it that day.

Good luck pushing through this week.

I've been dealing with a hell of a stomach issue and have been getting super lethargic about an hour or two after waking up. I've pinpointed it to metformin, which never gave me those issues years ago when I was on a MUCH bigger dose. I'm just going to have to power through it or stop the meds.

As for laziness, I think superbetter is helping me work on it pretty well.

What ^ said.

Looks like it's time to get another check up. Maybe you need to lower your dose, or just get off of it. :)

Yeah, I'm suppose to get a checkup soon. I just got back on it less than a month ago and supposedly these sides are temporary, but temporary or not, they suck.

While I was initially diagnosed as a type 2, my dad's family is mostly type 1's, so it is very possible I'm both.  In the past I have found lower fat and a vegetarian type diet worked best for control. Looks like I'll go back that way, at least the lower fat. I've always felt better between the 2 on a pescatarian diet. 

Because my body is fighting me on this. I am going to drop 20lbs. before the end of the challenge or my name isn't Tom Riddle? Wait...is my name Tom Riddle? Maybe Rod Tidwell? Show me the moneeey!! Nope...Sweeny Todd? "There's a hole in the world like a great black pit and the vermin of the world inhabit it and it's morals aren't worth what a pig could spit and it goes by the name of metformin...yep...that fits.

Sorry, I ramble.

Ha ha! I hadn't noticed that those names fit the scheme as well. Really cool.

Also, I'm glad to see that you're learning more about your circumstances and adjusting yourself accordingly. There is no one diet - there is only food source and food choice. The rest is meaningless.

Really hope you get all that under control sooner rather than later!

Hey Lord Swoledemort! Sorry to hear you're not feeling well; hopefully the checkup helps to fix everything.  How's the volunteering working out so far?

Wish it were going better. My first 2 choices didn't have space/need for me. I guess that's what I get for waiting until this time of year to start again. Now, I KNOW the humane society needs help, but let's hope they don't require me to have a certain skill set.

Sheesh, i wish i could just drop 20# before the end fo the challenge. Get it, RidLord....TidSwole.....whatever.

Ifyou could get up to 375, I'm sure 20 lbs. would be cake for you. Actually, I'd bet all of it would be cake for you. You tend to make even overachievers look bad.

Wish it were going better. My first 2 choices didn't have space/need for me. I guess that's what I get for waiting until this time of year to start again. Now, I KNOW the humane society needs help, but let's hope they don't require me to have a certain skill set.

If you could get up to 375, I'm sure 20 lbs. would be cake for you. Actually, I'd bet all of it would be cake for you. You tend to make even overachievers look bad.

I hope you start feeling better! Maybe as you lose weight and eat better, you won't need the metformin.

Noooo, not THAT skill set! (I seriously hope that we aren't talking about the same on though. That one is terrible.) Maybe you can pet animals and take them for walks? Or foster?