JessFit Act 2: Defying Gravity

JessFit

I am going to start walking Zelda in the morning time when I wake before the sun. I think I need to ease back into the exercise thing again since I've kind of neglected it for a little while. Maybe we should all start a trek to Modor? I'm sure we can all find some time to walk wherever we are at the end of the year.

Rutabaga just chop it up and roast the suckers.

Now I am hungry for Pizza.

I'm down for a trek to Mordor, as long as I'm not Frodo! I love going on walks with the dogs, and I will be foregoing my "heavy" cardio for the next few challenges. I feel people don't walk enough anymore. We should do it.

I agree, roast them in some bacon!

Always hungry for Pizza. And now I want sunflower seeds.

Pinterest: Alex's Paleo Wins - Recipes on Pinterest              Instagram: alexcold23             MFP: dalex916

I'm down for a trek to Mordor, as long as I'm not Frodo! I love going on walks with the dogs, and I will be foregoing my "heavy" cardio for the next few challenges. I feel people don't walk enough anymore. We should do it.

I agree, roast them in some bacon!

Always hungry for Pizza. And now I want sunflower seeds.

I was reading an article about rice on Mark's Daily Apple and whether you should include rice in your diet and if so what kind.  There was also the discussion if people in Asia had evolved differently since they've obviously been eating rice for thousands of years but clearly aren't obese (at least not like modern Americans).  This then led to the discussion of how people approach exercise.  Probably more noticeable in cities with a more significant Asian population but he noted that you see many non-Asians out exercising because, well, it's exercise.  They go out with that intention; ladies on a walk for exercise together, rollerbladers, etc.  However the Asians are out walking because that's just what they do.  They walk from place to place.  This seems to make a big difference in how their bodies metabolize different foods, such as rice. 

So anyway, tl;dr version: yes, I totally agree.  People don't walk nearly enough just to walk.

Opening sunflower seeds sans hands:  wow.  Just to be clear, that wasn't what the cab driver was doing! :)

So, guess what, just heard from the mechanic... thankfully my engine block is not cracked. Whew! However while they were in their they discovered that something was pitted that they have to fix, plus my timing belt and some kind of pump need to be replaced. I was supposed to have my car back yesterday. I don't even know when I'll be getting it back now. And the $800+ estimate is really looking like a giant + now. Not a clue what it is going to total or how I'm going to manage to pay for it. Too many bills due around Christmas and it is just one of those weeks. I wish I could go to the gym.

Warrior, Ravenclaw, book lover, history nerd, Red Sonja wannabe

Current Challenge

Battle Log

I feel you on the car trouble.  Both our cars have had a car accident this month.  Not a ton of damage done with either but still annoying.  Down to 1 car today as mine is in the shop.  Real inconvenience having to drop her off at work and then be late to mine...

Doing some push-ups out of frustration helped me work some stress out.

Opening sunflower seeds sans hands:  wow.  Just to be clear, that wasn't what the cab driver was doing! :)

It's not very hard to open sunflower seeds with your mouth. It's all about tongue dexterity and using your teeth ;) Kind of like the tying a knot in  a cherry stem, which I can do a few knots in one stem if it's long enough. 

So, guess what, just heard from the mechanic... thankfully my engine block is not cracked. Whew! However while they were in their they discovered that something was pitted that they have to fix, plus my timing belt and some kind of pump need to be replaced. I was supposed to have my car back yesterday. I don't even know when I'll be getting it back now. And the $800+ estimate is really looking like a giant + now. Not a clue what it is going to total or how I'm going to manage to pay for it. Too many bills due around Christmas and it is just one of those weeks. I wish I could go to the gym.

Ok, block not cracked is good news. Not sure what's pitted that needs to be replaced. Maybe pistons, but they shouldn't be pitted. How many miles on the engine/car? Timing belt and water pump usually need to be replaced at 100k miles. Unless there's a high pressure fuel pump (unlikely). These things aren't very expensive to purchase and the replacement shouldn't take much longer since they're already doing a head gasket. Make sure they're not screwing you on hours. 

Pinterest: Alex's Paleo Wins - Recipes on Pinterest              Instagram: alexcold23             MFP: dalex916

It's not very hard to open sunflower seeds with your mouth. It's all about tongue dexterity and using your teeth ;) Kind of like the tying a knot in  a cherry stem, which I can do a few knots in one stem if it's long enough. 

Ok, block not cracked is good news. Not sure what's pitted that needs to be replaced. Maybe pistons, but they shouldn't be pitted. How many miles on the engine/car? Timing belt and water pump usually need to be replaced at 100k miles. Unless there's a high pressure fuel pump (unlikely). These things aren't very expensive to purchase and the replacement shouldn't take much longer since they're already doing a head gasket. Make sure they're not screwing you on hours. 

The car is maybe at 90 thousand. And no, the only reason that I agreed to it is because the labor will be way less bc they've already got the engine out and stuff. I'm of the attitude that let's just fix it so I don't die trying to drive somewhere since it is already in pieces. Still, I have my license plate sticker, car insurance, this and now the expenses for extra parts and stuff, christmas, and traveling out of town for a wedding (and talking a week and a half off) all before the month ends. Plus once I get back I've got the cut in hours and pay and so no chance of stocking up my savings again. Pretty overwhelming. Le sigh. I need to marry a mechanic or something

Current Challenge

Battle Log

The car is maybe at 90 thousand. And no, the only reason that I agreed to it is because the labor will be way less bc they've already got the engine out and stuff. I'm of the attitude that let's just fix it so I don't die trying to drive somewhere since it is already in pieces. Still, I have my license plate sticker, car insurance, this and now the expenses for extra parts and stuff, christmas, and traveling out of town for a wedding (and talking a week and a half off) all before the month ends. Plus once I get back I've got the cut in hours and pay and so no chance of stocking up my savings again. Pretty overwhelming. Le sigh. I need to marry a mechanic or something

STRESS.

Here have some kittehs:

tumblr_mwb2el6woy1qfor3fo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mwsuuwZo1T1rt2orgo1_250.gif

tumblr_mwjlbcNlhi1s33k7do1_500.jpg

tumblr_mwkyzvKhmw1s6m2qro1_250.gif

I'm a time traveler, but I can only go one way and only a second at a time.

Full002-775x775.jpg

• Like 1

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

Poor grumpy cat, this is not his season

Not being able to go to the gym, and also having my car at the shop for the last 7 days, is really starting to get to me. Grrrrrrrr

I'm doing well with the not eating. Minimal pizza on Tuesday and none of the fast food they went out to get last night. Minor victories. Tomorrow is cookie day at work though, little hope to call that a victory at all

Current Challenge

Battle Log

What do you call a kid who doesn't believe in Santa?

A rebel without a Claus. 

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

Oh Jitters!

Ok, so I just did something that I wasn't planning but I'm very excited about. I stepped very far out of my comfort zone and signed up for a local weekend long yoga conference. I've never taken classes at this place before, and I'm not sure that I'm even on par with the awsomeness that will be the other people there, plus I'm going all by myself without a friend to be awkward with. Oh well! I'm going to go get my zen on and learn something! Why? Because Batwoman's comics and Jitter's sage advice have given me that push this morning!

Current Challenge

Battle Log

STILL NO CAR! Damn auto people. Also, they called me last night to tell me that they wanted to charge me another $1200 to replace my pulleys. Turns out, they pulleys are "in great shape" according to them, but they reccomend that you replace them every 90 thousand miles and I'm at 90 thousand miles. But we had to fight with them to get them to admit that. LOOK YOU JACKASSES JUST FIX MY CAR SO I CAN FINISH CHRISTMAS CRAP AND GO TO THE DAMN GYM!

giphy.gif

Mommy said I could borrow her car tonight to go to yoga. Thankfully <3

Also, today is Ugly Christmas Sweater Day and cookie day at work. My ugly Christmas sweater is pretty fantastic but I'm going to have a hard time avoiding the cookies.

I hope that everyone has a great weekend and finishes the challenge strong

Current Challenge

Battle Log

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines