KB Girl "casual player"

KB Girl

Hai! 

"Casual player" because last challenge I found out that I've got far too much on my plate to be hanging around here a lot. However I don't want to miss all the great people+ lurking and posting gives me a lot of motivation sooooo I'm hanging out right here. 

Main Quest; Become world champion in the kettlebell sport 

6 weeks focus; 10th november is my national championship so starting on the 11th is perfect timing to get to work on my next training cycle. Subgoals that I want to have 'done' by the end of the challenge;

• Outsource my programming completely to my trainer and work on trusting his judgement.
  • Find a way to log non-training factors like sleep/eating/drinking/recovery work etc.

Lifegoal; Stress is bad for performance so to have less of it I'll use these 6 weeks to turn our spare bedroom into an office and find a way to track all my to-do's so I can get them out of my head. 

Main Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and a great coach

Current challenge: KB Girl prepares to move

my instagram - my gym's instagram

I'm  in for this ride!  

From everything I've read/heard about people who compete seriously in any strength based event, giving everything over to your trainer is the best thing to do.  

As for logging the other things, you might want to shoot Chairohkey a message, he's one of the warrior mods and he competes pretty heavily in powerlifting.  He might have some tips for you in those areas.  

Anywho, good luck with your comp!  

The path to Swolehalla is paved with a lot of Swolehate, and you won't get there without being Swole of Spirit too.

Race: Fiendish Blue Extension Cord

Class: Warrior
Links:  MFP  Battle Log  Current Challenge

Subbed :)

"Casual player" because last challenge I found out that I've got far too much on my plate to be hanging around here a lot. However I don't want to miss all the great people+ lurking and posting gives me a lot of motivation sooooo I'm hanging out right here. 

I'm also planning on decreasing the amount of posting I do due to life getting busier, but like you I find lurking and posting once every 1-2 days gives me lots of motivation :) (Also from a purely selfish perspective, I would be sad if you were to leave completely)

Woooooo World Champion KB Girl! You will rock this. It takes quite a leap of faith you're taking to trust your trainer completely and I guess being the best at something takes a great deal of faith. Faith in yourself, your trainer, your goals, what have you. 

Good luck with the destressing. I find that it's much easier to focus on my goals (in writing or in the gym) when my home and my mind are in order. Hopefully it does the same for you!

Level 4 Tiefling Assassin

STR 9 // DEX 5 // STA 5 // CON 9 // WIS 4 // CHA 8

I'll never love visible abs nearly as much as I love whiskey.

Challenges: One Two Three Four Current

I'm  in for this ride!  

From everything I've read/heard about people who compete seriously in any strength based event, giving everything over to your trainer is the best thing to do.  

As for logging the other things, you might want to shoot Chairohkey a message, he's one of the warrior mods and he competes pretty heavily in powerlifting.  He might have some tips for you in those areas.  

Anywho, good luck with your comp!  

Glad to have you! You're absolutely right, it's just slightly scary because not many people are familiar with the sport. However like probably anyone I have a tendency to do too much or too little depending on how much I enjoy it (ie how good I am at it).

Also thanks for the tip, I'll keep that in mind!

Subbed :)

I'm also planning on decreasing the amount of posting I do due to life getting busier, but like you I find lurking and posting once every 1-2 days gives me lots of motivation :) (Also from a purely selfish perspective, I would be sad if you were to leave completely)

Lurkers unite! o/ 

Thanks, It's good to be wanted, hehe :)

They say even the best coaches need a coach of their own. How did you go about choosing someone? I know you are very particular about your technique. :)

You're right about that, and I'll have to admit that the technique part is excluded from that :X I still think that I'm the best judge of technique for now, there is simply no one really knowledgeable in my area. (don't want that to sound arrogant, it's just such a young sport) I do/will try to get outside feedback through video and occasionally traveling. 

I choose the trainer who is doing my programming part because of proximity and part because he's really knowledgable about movement in general and will be able to analyse the sport specific movements and figure out how best to supplement this. He's got a wealth of info about energy systems, training cycles etcetc (and experience with using it) that I can only dream about. Purely coincidence, we 'met' through a heated discussion on facebook about nutrition :D

Woooooo World Champion KB Girl! You will rock this. It takes quite a leap of faith you're taking to trust your trainer completely and I guess being the best at something takes a great deal of faith. Faith in yourself, your trainer, your goals, what have you. 

Good luck with the destressing. I find that it's much easier to focus on my goals (in writing or in the gym) when my home and my mind are in order. Hopefully it does the same for you!

Thanks! Nicely put, I never thought of it like that but there is indeed a lot of faith necessary. 

I've been doing much better with my home thanks to previous challenges and I notice a big difference. hopefully getting my mind organized will do the same :)

I'm so happy that you're taking a light approach to the challenge this time.  You have more than enough on your plate, and you clearly have both the discipline and focus (and coaching) to keep doing what you need to be doing.  I hope you're already resting for your big competition and staying sane.  :)  Good luck!

Level 30? who the hell knows anymore? Direwolf Assassin/Ranger - current challenge

ACL rehab thread      2016 parkour

My tutorials:

handbalancing: crow, flying crow, side crow, crow->headstand->crow  Bo staff: strikes 1 2 3, spins 1 2

Welcome back! So I take it you'll be national champion by the time this challenge starts, then? ;)

Hah, that's the plan. :D

I'm so happy that you're taking a light approach to the challenge this time.  You have more than enough on your plate, and you clearly have both the discipline and focus (and coaching) to keep doing what you need to be doing.  I hope you're already resting for your big competition and staying sane.  :)  Good luck!

Your musings on the unchallenge really put things in perspective for me. That coupled with my non-participation last challenge.

I am resting, have been deloading for two weeks! Can't say I'm very sane though ;)

I agree with the others, glad you came back! Been having same issues myself with being around a lot and I find it a huge huge boost to come on to posts and everyone elses progress. So I'm glad you're coming around even if less frequently so we can all stalk your progress :D

Thanks! Checking on everyone elses progress but also reading other peoples struggles really does give a huge boost. And I don't want to have to report back that I'm not doing my best, so that's good too.

Sounds fine, stress is a bummer on your training, best you have a place to zen out once in a while ^^ looking forward to reading ;D

Level 10 Bleu Gardien Assassin of the Lanomia Clan

Buddhist, Traceur, Martial Artist, Assassin, Templar

Strenght: 22 Constitution: 9 Dexterity: 4 Wisdom: 12 Stamina: 11 Charisma: 5
- My Epic Quest: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/28629-an-assassins-epic-quest/
- My Tenth-th Challenge: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/56054-cobaltswords-journey-chapter-10/

- Daily Battle Log: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/51677-cobaltswords-journey/

"The more you sweat in training, the less you bleed in battle" - "Nothing is true, everything is permitted"

Well, I did it! And I also found out that I'm uncomfortable with boasting about this new shiny title, but I am dutch champion kb sport in the long cycle, woot :)

Gold medal on longcycle and silver medal on snatch sprint.

Well, I did it! And I also found out that I'm uncomfortable with boasting about this new shiny title, but I am dutch champion kb sport in the long cycle, woot :)

Awesome!  Way to go!!!  I'm so glad that all of your hard work paid off.  :) 

Are you already planning out your next big tournament, or are you letting yourself rest and de-stress a little bit?  Or a little of both? 

Level 30? who the hell knows anymore? Direwolf Assassin/Ranger - current challenge

My tutorials:

handbalancing: crow, flying crow, side crow, crow->headstand->crow  Bo staff: strikes 1 2 3, spins 1 2

You're amazing!!!

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Awesome!  Way to go!!!  I'm so glad that all of your hard work paid off.  :)

Are you already planning out your next big tournament, or are you letting yourself rest and de-stress a little bit?  Or a little of both? 

Thanks Nymeria, me too! A little bit of both I guess. Definitely want to de-stress a bit and have some fun with training, but also looking at working on increasing strength/explosiveness and working on some weaknesses. There's a big european tournament in may so I might shoot for that, not sure yet.

Please feel free to boast. :D You certainly earned your shiny new title!

Holy crap, that's amazing! I'm waiting to hear that you're the European champion by the end of this challenge. :D

Congratulations!!!

You're amazing!!!

Great job!!!

That is SO AWESOME! Hey, if you're allowed to brag anywhere, this is totally the place!

Thanks everyone  :orange: You're all too nice! It's sometimes a bit awkward for me because it's still such a small sport, only 23 women participated in longcycle so that's not a whole lot. Hopefully next year the dutch championships will be bigger or I'll be busy looking at european/worldchampionships anyway.

Thanks everyone  :orange: You're all too nice! It's sometimes a bit awkward for me because it's still such a small sport, only 23 women participated in longcycle so that's not a whole lot. Hopefully next year the dutch championships will be bigger or I'll be busy looking at european/worldchampionships anyway.

Being the best out of 23 women sounds pretty impressive to me.  Don't sell yourself short.  :)

My tutorials:

only 23 women participated in longcycle so that's not a whole lot.

Being the best out of 23 women sounds pretty impressive to me.  Don't sell yourself short.  :)

Just because only 23 people participated doesn't mean you're the best of 23. How many people participate in the 100m dash in the Olympics. Is Hussein Bolt only faster than 100 people? You are the best in the country. Don't diminish what you've accomplished. It's impressive as hell and you should be damn proud of yourself. :)

Level 3 Ranger

STR: 6 | DEX: 3 | STA: 9 | CON: 4 | WIS: 6 | CHA: 5

Current Challenge

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines