BlackWidowEowyn is back in the game :)

200lbs?! That is mega fabulousness!

200 lbs!! That's AMAZING!!

Whoot and rawr!!!

Heh... Thanks guys!!

I'm kinda proud of myself :) 

Plus its just so reassuring that even though I have limited access to weights I'm still getting stronger :) (duh... but it makes me feel better anyway)

I finally did my sprints today. I was on an indoor track that I thought was full size but after I finished my workout in 7 minutes (it was supposed to be 800m forward, 400m backward, 800 forward and 400 backward) I figured something was off...

turns out the track is a little more than half that size

rats

but anyway 

I ran

(no wonder it didn't seem so bad this time ha)

looking forward to a light day tomorrow. Stretching and mobility are on the menu (and planks of course), but thats all

BlackWidowEowyn

Lvl 6 Hobbit Assassin

"Obstacles can't stop you, problems can't stop you. Most of all, other people can't stop you. Only you can stop you. " – J. Gitomer

"A vision of a champion is someone who is bent over drenched in sweat, at the point of exhaustion, when no one else is watching. "– Anson Dorrance

My kick in the Pants, #1, #2, #3, #4, #5

@missmajachere

woot woot for the 200lbs, that's amazing and totally assassin-like :D

Level 10 Bleu Gardien Assassin of the Lanomia Clan

Buddhist, Traceur, Martial Artist, Assassin, Templar

Strenght: 22 Constitution: 9 Dexterity: 4 Wisdom: 12 Stamina: 11 Charisma: 5
- My Epic Quest: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/28629-an-assassins-epic-quest/
- My Tenth-th Challenge: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/56054-cobaltswords-journey-chapter-10/

- Daily Battle Log: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/51677-cobaltswords-journey/

"The more you sweat in training, the less you bleed in battle" - "Nothing is true, everything is permitted"

Woo! Congrats on the squat! Most impressive! As much as I love body weight stuff, there's a part of me that wants to play with some weights at times, just to have that concrete number to hold on to as a sign of progress...

I had that very same experience with a track I use sometimes in the winter. I thought the field in the middle was around 100m long and I was sprinting it in around 12-14 seconds, I think. I was gobsmacked. I know in a 100m sprint that 3-5 seconds is a LONG time, but I couldn't believe that I was that close to what olympic athletes do. And I mean I literally couldn't believe it, all I could come up with was that there was something wrong with my watch. And then I figured out the track was 200m, not 400m, which made the field in the middle 50m, not 100m, and that explained EVERYTHING.

Dare mighty things

Current Challenge

200# back squat?! Good job!! That's awesome.

LVL 3 Half-Elf   |   Assassin-Ranger
STR 3.3 | CON 5.6 | DEX 4.4
WIS 4.7 | STA 5.6 | CHA 2.0

Level 1 - Into the Fray

Level 2 - Two Steps Forward, One Step Back

Level 3 - A Slight Change in Direction

Achievements (Weight 132#)

Deadlift:     355 lbs

Back Squat:   250 lbs

Front Squat:  225 lbs

Clean & Jerk: 165 lbs

Snatch:       135 lbs

Bench:        140 lbs

Moving is a giant pain even if you are just moving across town. Moving states adds a whole other dimension of stress and craziness. Lol

I'm glad to see you back though :D Can't wait to follow you again!

I have a minimal amount of stuff (it all fit into a toyota camry trunk) so the actual moving part wasn't bad... I'd been in Wisconsin for 13 years though so it was a bit heartbreaking to leave all those beautiful people :) but I'll see them again just not as often.

woot woot for the 200lbs, that's amazing and totally assassin-like :D

heh thanks:)

Woo! Congrats on the squat! Most impressive! As much as I love body weight stuff, there's a part of me that wants to play with some weights at times, just to have that concrete number to hold on to as a sign of progress...

I had that very same experience with a track I use sometimes in the winter. I thought the field in the middle was around 100m long and I was sprinting it in around 12-14 seconds, I think. I was gobsmacked. I know in a 100m sprint that 3-5 seconds is a LONG time, but I couldn't believe that I was that close to what olympic athletes do. And I mean I literally couldn't believe it, all I could come up with was that there was something wrong with my watch. And then I figured out the track was 200m, not 400m, which made the field in the middle 50m, not 100m, and that explained EVERYTHING.

it's totally a boost to see the numbers jump... but then there's the times in between when you think you should be able to do more and you just can't get the weight up.... SUPER frustrating.

Still I'll always love it :D

hahah! Still... for a moment you thought "whoa I'm a BEAST!" ;)

200# back squat?! Good job!! That's awesome.

thanks man!!

I can't wait to get my first muscle ups (ring and bar) I have a ways to go... but it's a lot closer than it used to be!

BlackWidowEowyn

Lvl 6 Hobbit Assassin

"Obstacles can't stop you, problems can't stop you. Most of all, other people can't stop you. Only you can stop you. " – J. Gitomer

"A vision of a champion is someone who is bent over drenched in sweat, at the point of exhaustion, when no one else is watching. "– Anson Dorrance

@missmajachere

I just realized I never updated this week

it was a good one

that PVP for handstands is really helping me get that goal.

planking is going... well its going (I realize anew how much I dislike them .. and not even in a love hate sort of way) but I'm doing them. The schedule jumps up a little to quickly for me to be able to do it (30 secs more every couple days... ) so I modified it a bit to be 10 secs more... it'll take longer to complete but I feel like I'll be able to finish it instead of giving up because it feels way too hard.

I got my sprinting in last week too.

I ran again on wednesday but not a sprint... more like a slow jog (pushing against the wind makes things fun :) ) and that was only because I was a mile away from a cool playground where I wanted to go workout. SO I ran before and after... felt pretty good. I should do that more

so

here we are part way through week 2

keep up the good work my fellow assassins :)

BlackWidowEowyn

Lvl 6 Hobbit Assassin

@missmajachere

awesome work BWE :D keep at the planking, i know it can be tough but it's worth it when you get to that mile-stone :P

kudos for sprinting :D

and workout in a playground is awesome, curse those double-standards that 20year olds can't go on playgrounds XD

- My Epic Quest: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/28629-an-assassins-epic-quest/
- My Tenth-th Challenge: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/56054-cobaltswords-journey-chapter-10/

- Daily Battle Log: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/51677-cobaltswords-journey/

"The more you sweat in training, the less you bleed in battle" - "Nothing is true, everything is permitted"

Way to keep up the good work, BWE!

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

I just realized I never updated this week

it was a good one

that PVP for handstands is really helping me get that goal.

planking is going... well its going (I realize anew how much I dislike them .. and not even in a love hate sort of way) but I'm doing them. The schedule jumps up a little to quickly for me to be able to do it (30 secs more every couple days... ) so I modified it a bit to be 10 secs more... it'll take longer to complete but I feel like I'll be able to finish it instead of giving up because it feels way too hard.

Yay for a good week :D

So what exactly are the specifics of this planking challenge?

Level 7 Half-Elf Assassin
STR: 22.5 | DEX: 13.75 | STA: 15.75 | CON: 18.5 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 12

Challenges: First, Second, Third, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth, Unchallenge, Seventh

awesome work BWE :D keep at the planking, i know it can be tough but it's worth it when you get to that mile-stone :tongue:

kudos for sprinting :D

and workout in a playground is awesome, curse those double-standards that 20year olds can't go on playgrounds XD

Yeah... It'll be worth it I know... but I'll never love it

haha yeah how about 30 somethings? (nearer 40 to be specific)

Ah well good thing I'm still about a kid inside;)

Way to keep up the good work, BWE!

Thank you!

Yay for a good week :D

So what exactly are the specifics of this planking challenge?

well... We're following (or are supposed to be) this chart

plankchallenge.png

which was fine until it jumped from 2.5 to 3 minutes and then again ...

maybe I'm just being a baby or have a mental block but I can't seem to do a 3 min plank.

And 5 minutes looks IMPOSSIBLE

Well down BWE!!! :D Glad you're back :)

Thank you very much! I'm so happy you're around this challenge. I was thinking you probly wouldn't be

BlackWidowEowyn

Lvl 6 Hobbit Assassin

@missmajachere

Over all a pretty good week

did well with handstand practice.... Not seeing too much improvement from what I could already do, but I know it'll come

planking (ugh) not so great this week... tsk I got behind a few days. I think modifying it to something I can actually DO will help me do it... which is the only way to get better.

did a couple days of running ... some weeks I feel like speedy gonzales. not so much this week. but that's ok :) I did it anyway

I did something every day though... there was only one day it was just stretching... not too bad :)

BlackWidowEowyn

Lvl 6 Hobbit Assassin

@missmajachere

plankchallenge.png

Thank you very much! I'm so happy you're around this challenge. I was thinking you probly wouldn't be

That's a really cool plank chart! :D

Thanks :) I really wanted to get started last week but it just didn't happen, we were still wondering if we wanted to look for a flat and all kinds of stuff.

Kudos on sticking with it this week even if it felt hard or not optimal! No matter what, as long as you push yourself and try, you're making progress :D

Level 6 Amazon Assassin Ranger

challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5

the rebuilding of the Amazon: #6

looking good BWE ^^ keep at it (that plank routine looks brutal :o)

i know XD there should be an for adult made playground (stronger build :P) then no restrictions for us cuz now i have to go super early when there are no kids XD

plankchallenge.png

which was fine until it jumped from 2.5 to 3 minutes and then again ...

maybe I'm just being a baby or have a mental block but I can't seem to do a 3 min plank.

And 5 minutes looks IMPOSSIBLE

That looks crazy!! I'd say jump up maybe 10 or 15 sec if the full 30 sec seems to much. Its supposed to be a challenge but its also supposed to be fun and doable. Lol

Level 7 Half-Elf Assassin
STR: 22.5 | DEX: 13.75 | STA: 15.75 | CON: 18.5 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 12

Challenges: First, Second, Third, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth, Unchallenge, Seventh

So I would have to give myself a C for last week

I did great with the running part. Sprints twice and a long run too (5 miles on Thanksgiving day)  and pretty good with the handstand time but the whole plank thing kinda went out the window. I need to rewrite the chart with a better (read slower) adding on to the times. I really don't want to give up on it entirely. I know planks are a really great exercise...

That's my plan for this week. Start with 2 mins and add not more than 10 seconds each time. I still have time to finish the chart before the end of the challenge. But I need to get back on the wagon ASAP. No more making excuses for myself.

on a side and unrelated note

I got a new pr for my deadlift - 225lb :D

yay! (250 here I come ;) )

BlackWidowEowyn

Lvl 6 Hobbit Assassin

@missmajachere

Deadlift PR?! AWESOME!!

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

awesome on the deadlift :D you are the best! keep it up, the 250 is in reach ;D

Good luck increasing your planks! Three minutes in one go is brutal. I have tried a few times and always seem to need a reset just after the 2:30 mark as well. Then again I also get bored and start doing silly things like removing an arm or a leg (which makes it so much harder better)

I find staying at one time for a few days then increasing by 10-15 sec really helps me move it along with less frustration. I guess my body just likes to adapt to X time being a regular thing before increasing the time again...

But yeah, just keep trying and find what works best. You can do it!!!

Dry January | 2022 Reading Challenge

"Always remember, your focus determines your reality." - Qui-Gon Jinn, The Phantom Menace

"I Find That Answer Vague And Unconvincing." - K-2SO, Rogue One

”Persistence without insight will lead to the same outcome.” [spoilers], The Book of Boba Fett

Oh dear this week is almost over...

Handstand goal is going along nicely. I'm much more confident trying them away from a wall now. Still don't hang there very long, but I think it's improving

Running is going well too. even did some sprint sessions despite the fact that it's been BELOW ZERO here (ick) 

but the planking still not going well. I dread them... something I don't do when it comes to exercise. I normally love it. 

So I decided to revamp my goal. The point of that goal was to do core work.... so I've just put away the plank challenge ( I still do them ... just not for the same amount of time) and added in other core exercises... AND amazing thing ... I don't dread it any more. :) which means I actually DO the thing.

I decided that's much more productive :)

Happy friday the 13th everyone :)

• Like 1

BlackWidowEowyn

Lvl 6 Hobbit Assassin

@missmajachere

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines