• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Phoenix Burning

Phoenix Burning's Quest for the Dragon Scroll

Green food is very tasty.  My lunch plate was filled with green.  Punctuated with orange carrots.  But lots of green.

Hope you feel better soon, PB.  I'm always a fan of honey+ginger+lemon in my green tea when I'm feeling off.

Actually, I am a bit worse.  Seriously WTF?  It was bad enough as a nasty cold + sinus infection + swollen glands + pink eye, but now, for extra fun, we are throwing in fever, chills, and vomiting.  And my husband and kids are sick, too.  Kill me now.

Actually, I am a bit worse.  Seriously WTF?  It was bad enough as a nasty cold + sinus infection + swollen glands + pink eye, but now, for extra fun, we are throwing in fever, chills, and vomiting.  And my husband and kids are sick, too.  Kill me now.

Oh no!

I really really do wish you a speedy recovery. Nothing worse than being a sick mum to a sick family. :(

Only a lingering cough, now, but otherwise I am so much better.

Feeling a bit discouraged over my THIRD consecutive challenge to be tanked by injury/illness, though.  I'm not sure Thanksgiving week is going to be my week to get back on the diet, either.  I'm no quitter, but I am at a loss to know how to go from here.

Well, since you're stabilizing after having been sick for a while, maybe now is the time to take it easy. Just watch your food intake up to Thanksgiving and you should be clear to enjoy the heck out of it.

Edit to add: if it's feasible, see about going for some long walks, like 40-65 minutes if you can. It's not the most intense thing in the world but it should be good on your joints and get some good processes going for you. Try to do these walks before eating.

As per the Rx of Dr Kishi, I went for a nice long walk (about 2.5 miles) in the rain yesterday.  And woke up this morning with ALL THE DOMS.  From walking.  Three months of restricted exercise is too long.  It felt really good to get back out there, though.

As per the Rx of Dr Kishi, I went for a nice long walk (about 2.5 miles) in the rain yesterday.  And woke up this morning with ALL THE DOMS.  From walking.  Three months of restricted exercise is too long.  It felt really good to get back out there, though.

Eek, wasn't expecting that. Still, though. Long walks are good. They really are. If it wasn't for the fact that I'm getting my walk on at night, I'd probably do the same thing, probably... second thing in the morning.

I'm glad you are getting better! :D

I noticed that too: That the last 3 times you had some substantial illness interrupt your challenge. :( I'm all "where's girl phoenix?? I hope she's not sick again :("

Maybe you should focus on vitamins more? Perhaps you are deficient somewhere and it is lowering your immune system? I HAVE to keep up with my allergies. If I miss ONE day of taking my Zyrtec I get a cold of some sort. (Esp being in Houston - bad air)

Anyways, I with you: I LURVE the DOMS. It makes me feel productive! ;)

Yay for getting back in it! Slowly but surely... :D

Well, it was injury rather than illness the two challenges before this, and technically the same injury being treated by a long line of professionals.  I was kicking challenge butt before August;  I ran in the USA 15K Championship in March.  I just need to get back into my routine (and survive holiday food).

I'm proud to say I skipped lunch rather than join in eating McDonald's today.  Return of willpower!

Well, it was injury rather than illness the two challenges before this, and technically the same injury being treated by a long line of professionals.  I was kicking challenge butt before August;  I ran in the USA 15K Championship in March.  I just need to get back into my routine (and survive holiday food).

I'm proud to say I skipped lunch rather than join in eating McDonald's today.  Return of willpower!

Yes, I remember the Boot of Doom. I did NOT envy you!

Wow, championship runner, here. Awesome. :)

Yay for avoiding the Golden Arches of Heart Disease! xD  ^5!

Yikes!  Is it week 4 already?  I am just getting started.

I am still having to alter my diet goals slightly because of all the yogurt I am eating to counteract the antibiotic side effects, but otherwise I am finally back on track.  I just finished a really great sweat-breaking workout of mostly sprints, squats, and jumps with a few rows and planks thrown in for good measure.  It feels AMAZING to finally do a real workout again.

Four weeks left until New Year's, everyone!  Let's take our best shot at our Old Year's Resolutions!

Ha ha ha, welcome back to the fray! We've missed you! :)

"Never too late to be who we might have been," huh? Okay. Let's finish this year strong.