• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Phoenix Burning

Phoenix Burning's Quest for the Dragon Scroll

Yikes!  Is it week 4 already?  I am just getting started.

I am still having to alter my diet goals slightly because of all the yogurt I am eating to counteract the antibiotic side effects, but otherwise I am finally back on track.  I just finished a really great sweat-breaking workout of mostly sprints, squats, and jumps with a few rows and planks thrown in for good measure.  It feels AMAZING to finally do a real workout again.

Four weeks left until New Year's, everyone!  Let's take our best shot at our Old Year's Resolutions!

WOOOOO!!!!

Aww yeah...thats wut Im talkin bout!

Here comes the awesome :)

p.s. niiiiice workout :)

Rounded out yesterday's workout by eating ALL THE SPINACH and reflooring half my bathroom.  Woke up le sore this morning, but didn't let that stop me from another good plyo workout and more renovating.

I recently found spinach again.  The only reason I don't buy more of it is because I use like half a bag per meal since it shrinks down so much when I saute' the stuff.  But so good with a bit of butter and garlic... probably better if I add in bacon.

Nice. :)

Ooooo, pics of the new tile?

Sure...whenever we finish; we still need to caulk.  This project has taken much longer than I anticipated.

I recently found spinach again.  The only reason I don't buy more of it is because I use like half a bag per meal since it shrinks down so much when I saute' the stuff.  But so good with a bit of butter and garlic... probably better if I add in bacon.

I buy some fresh for salads and some frozen for cooking.  It goes much farther that way.  And yes, bacon errything!

I am glad for scheduled rest day today.  I need to wrap up my reno and clean and decorate my house for The Party.  My youngest reaches the great age of 3 tomorrow.  I has a sad.  

Well, make sure you have a proud as well! Congrats, and good luck finishing the project!

• Like 2

Well, make sure you have a proud as well! Congrats, and good luck finishing the project!

I'm always proud of my sunshine baby.  But babies have been hard to come by for us, and seeing what may be the last one leave the baby stage is bitter sweet.

I'd like to say it gets better, but my folks say it doesn't.

My folks say the same.

My little guy had a great birthday party, if the huge grin and constant squeals of delight are any indication.  (And they usually are.)  He woke up this morning and the first words out of his mouth were:  "Where's my cake?"  At that hour, I made him settle for the pan fried variety.  He made my day though, when I asked him if he was my big boy, now.  He replied, "No.  I'm baby boy.  [big brother] is big boy."  (Yes, he has me wrapped around his teeny, tiny fingers.)

Oh, and I worked out and stuff this morning.  Shadow boxing intervals.

We planted a small grapefruit tree in our yard this year, and I enjoyed the first fruit from it at breakfast this morning.  Pretty tasty!  (With eggs on the side, of course.  Gotta have my protein.)

I think I finally got the motivation I needed to get back on a better diet:  I'm still facing some annoying imbalances from being on anitbiotics for more than 2 weeks.  (Nothing serious, just annoying.)  I googled some treatments and the overwhelming answer?  Cut grains and sugars from your diet.  Sound familiar to anyone? 

anyone.jpg

It's exactly the kick in the pants I needed with all the holiday goodies floating around, though, so I'm kind of grateful.

Also got in another plyo-type workout with some longer sprints, jumps, and my favorite squat, the sumo squat.  Don't ask me why, I'm just a dork that way.  The best part was when I was dying at the last leg of a sprint and my now-three-year-old was cheering, "You got this!"  How can you not finish strong after that?

I'm always nervous when adapting recipes, b/c they don't always turn out well.  Or edible.  Tonight, however, I Primalized a chicken and broccoli casserole (normally calls for rice and a sour cream sauce with flour) using greek yogurt and coconut milk and it was AMAZEBALLS.  Not sure if the probiotic effect of yogurt remains when slightly heated, but either way, it was so goooood.  Very happy Phoenix.

Your 3 yr old is so cool! :)

That is SO AWESOME about your grapefruit tree! I LOVE the idea of planting something and literally seeing the fruits of your labor! I used to have an avocado tree I planted from a pit that had cracked a bit. It got about 5ft tall, but my mother managed to kill it when I was away at college. I knew I should've brought it with me....

I never got to see it's fruit, but to have one of yours for breakfast is so exciting! :) Plus - grapefruit: YUM! Nice choice :)

This is the first time since marriage that we have owned a house, so we've really enjoyed the freedom to grow our own food:  spinach, broccoli, lettuce, carrots, tomatoes, green pepper, basil, oregano, ruby red grapefruit, lemons, and limes so far.  We've had a few fails, like zucchini attacked by bugs and a ginormous sweet potato vine that grew no potatoes, but for the most part, it's awesome to have uber-fresh produce.

This is the first time since marriage that we have owned a house, so we've really enjoyed the freedom to grow our own food:  spinach, broccoli, lettuce, carrots, tomatoes, green pepper, basil, oregano, ruby red grapefruit, lemons, and limes so far.  We've had a few fails, like zucchini attacked by bugs and a ginormous sweet potato vine that grew no potatoes, but for the most part, it's awesome to have uber-fresh produce.

That sounds fantastic!!!  Best way to get veggies. 

That is seriously so awesome. I can't wait til I purchase a home...I'm going to be all over that.

I had an awesome herb garden in college though. :)

I attempted a short run on Wednesday.  It was ok while I was out, but a few hours later, my feet were so painful I could hardly walk.  Le sigh.  I miss running.

I stuck to an hour of yoga last night and did much better.