Vixen68 - Bring on the Basics!

Vixen68

After finishing my University degree I am now just enjoying myself and will be getting back to basics for this challenge - broad goals for things that i need to work on: Strength, food, mobility and my pile of debt!! Went to a novice powerlifting comp last weekend and now really keen to test my maxes again. I would love to hit 70/50/100 kg for my main lifts by the end of the year.

Stats

Height -    5'10''

Weight -   66.4kg (146lbs)

BF% -   24.7%

Current tested 1rm

Squat - 60kg (132lbs)

DL - 92.5kg (203.5lbs)

Bench - 42.5kg (93.5lbs)

Main Quest - GET STRONG!!!

Mission One - Strength

+5 STR

I will be testing my maxes sometime during the week beginning 18th November. I want to add weight to all three of my main lifts (Bench, Deadlift & Squat). At this point I am not sure what amount of weight I should be adding but as long as I am improving I will be happy :)

3Cp6g22.jpg

Mission Two - Track

+1 CON +1 WIS +1 CHA + 1 STA

Track my food everyday. Last challenges I have been pretty good with tracking on weekdays, but then let it all go on the weekends. This challenge I want to make sure I am tracking every day of the week so that I can more accurately track my progress. In addition to this, I want to take regular measurements with a tape measure and record scale weight.

Donar has kindly provided me with some personalised calorie and macro goals which I am going to be trying to hit, but with everything going on in my life right now I decided that tracking everyday was a much more realistic goal then hitting macros everyday. That might be something for next challenge!

anigif_original-grid-image-24593-1380295

Mission Three - Mobility

+3 DEX

This is a carry on from last challenge. Upping the number of days to at least 5/week, and following some advice from my coach about adductor stretches since this is where I am having the most problems at the moment. I also need to include  foam rolling in this more often.

I also just managed to jar my back. According to the physio this is because my natural posture at the moment is arching my back. My coach agrees and says that this is because of my tight hips.

jyjyxd.gif

Life Quest - Debt

+3 WIS

By the end of this 6 week challenge I want to have one of my credit cards paid off. Not only do I want to have it paid off but I want to be out of the habit of using it instead of my savings, and then paying it off at the end of the month!

bnum7AE.gif

Level 4 High Elf Warrior

[sTR] 12 [DEX] 7 [sTA] 10 [CON] 5 [WIS] 8 [CHA] 4

Battle Log | FitocracyCurrent ChallengePrevious Challenges: #1 #2 #3

CONGRATS!!! How does it feel to not be a student anymore? :)

Well its been 24 hours ... I dont even know if it has sunk in yet!! but the relief is huge :) The flowers and congratulations i have been getting have been awesome as well though! Official graduation will be early next year - until then i just have to find something interesting to keep my mind occupied!!

Level 4 High Elf Warrior

All around awesome, Vix!

Your lifting numbers are so impressive. I want to be as strong as you :D

From what ive seen you are pretty close!!

Nice strength numbers. I know nothing about powerlifting competitions (in terms of competive weights for each weight class etc), but how far away are you from competing in a novice comp?

I can compete in a novice comp at my current numbers, but unless there are very few girls there (which does often happen) i am probably not likely to win at the moment!! haha The powerlifting federation that my gym is involved with has these Australian Records at the moment for around my age / weight class:

60kg Junior (20-23yr)

S 142.5kg

B 70.5kg

D 150kg

T 356kg

67.5kg Junior (20-23yr)

S 127.5kg

B 72.5kg

D 140kg

T 335kg

60kg Open

S 142.5kg

B 75kg

D 150kg

T 356kg

67.5kg Open

S 140kg

B 80kg

D 170kg

T 385kg

I am considering competing in a girls only powerlifting comp in December, but it will depend how i feel about my max testing in 2 weeks.

Not even that gorgeous green skin?

Well, maybe that!!

I love that money gif :D I wish I could do this. Subbing because you inspire me to lift!

I thought the same when i saw the GIF, had to include it!! :)

Level 4 High Elf Warrior

Congrats on the degree, and I love the credit debt goal.

Thank you :)

Ive been thinking about adding that to a challenge since i started doing them, but always had something else more important going on. I have what my mother likes to call "sexually transmitted debt" - a bunch of debt that a horrible ex wracked up against my name and then left me high and dry with. Ive learnt my lesson now!! couldnt do anything but drag the issue through court, which at the time wasnt something i was financially or emotionally capable of dealing with.   Anyway .. working away at reducing it now :)

Level 4 High Elf Warrior

Oh Vix, that's awful! Debt you didn't even have the pleasure of creating :(

Well, huge props for you for being ready to deal with it now - just imagine how great it'll feel to have that gone for good!

Warrior Princess
Eating Psychology Coach

Adventure's Guild Challenge winner: Challenge #24

â•‘ Live the Whole  â•‘ Bucket List â•‘Level up my Lifeâ•‘ 

"Don't ever save anything for a special occasion. Every day you're alive is a special occasion."

Sub'd!

Level 6 Pixie Assassin Rangerish Adventurer
Current Challenge: Guess What??
Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th 12th 13th 14th  Battle Log
-We can't always change the things we've done, but we can change what we do next.

-I don't have a choice. I deserve a better life and this is what I have to do to get there.
-Whatever doesn't kill me....Had better start running.

+1 sub for team support, and because Noun-Verbers is a great team name. Also, because I'm afraid of being deadlifted if I don't sub.

But that Toph pic still scares me. D:

M (the 13th letter). Lvl 6 Elven Monk.

Mathematics, computer science, martial arts and bodyweight strength training. Also, sometimes, fiction.

Hello, world!

Challenges: “Consistency†⟶ “Preparation†⟶ “Multiplexing†⟶ “Sanity†⟶ “Escape†⟶ “Lockdown†⟶ “Probation†⟶ “Detention†⟶ “Foundationâ€(×3) ⟶ “All In!†⟶ “Happy Hourâ€

Monday - Day One

Have come down with the flu - which is a great start to my challenge :( But despite this, and taking the day off from work I smashed all my goals:

Strength - Next week i will be testing maxes, so this week is the peak of my programming in preparation for that. Today was squats! I did 3x2 @55kg and 2x2 @57.5kg for new PBs for Reps!! Considering my previous 1rm was 60kg i definitely think i will be able to add some weight. I thought i was going to really suck today with the flu but the squats felt solid :)

Track - Done (1/7). Cal: 1499  CHO/FAT/PRO - 166/53/84. Bit low for a training day. 

xxxxxxx | xxxxxxx | xxxxxxx | xxxxxxx | xxxxxxx | xxxxxxx

Mobility - (1/5) Lots of stretching and rolling at the gym. Hips are starting to feel better. my back is feeling better and I can now roll my IT bands without crying (still make cringey faces though!)

xxxxx | xxxxx | xxxxx | xxxxx | xxxxx | xxxxx

Life - N/A

Level 4 High Elf Warrior

Loving your goals, congrats on finshing uni!

Best of luck with adding weight next week

Id love to learn more about your mobility work, my hips giving me squat issues.  I used to foam roll all the time due to evil running induced ITB issues, Im pleased your pass the cry stage!

Traveling Scoutly inclined Druid

:pirate:   :kiwi-fruit:  :tyrannosaurus:  :kiwi-fruit:  :pirate:

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.â€â€• Oscar Wilde

Oh Vix, that's awful! Debt you didn't even have the pleasure of creating :(

Well, huge props for you for being ready to deal with it now - just imagine how great it'll feel to have that gone for good!

Ouch! That's horrible!

Damn, that's brutal.  That is the sort of thing that drives me to misanthropy.  sub'd for awesomeness.

Thanks for the support - its something i have pretty much come to terms with now. Just want to work at getting it all behind me!

+1 sub for team support, and because Noun-Verbers is a great team name. Also, because I'm afraid of being deadlifted if I don't sub.

But that Toph pic still scares me. D:

Haha this really made me laugh!!

Congrats on your degree!  And awesomesauce lifting!  Following with Paleo snack (read: bacon) at the ready!

Mmmm Baconnnnn!! :)

Congrats on the debt and good luck on getting rid of your degree!

Or the other way round, whichever you prefer.

#GLHF

Hahaha you had me real confused for a second there!

Level 4 High Elf Warrior

Loving your goals, congrats on finshing uni!

Best of luck with adding weight next week

Id love to learn more about your mobility work, my hips giving me squat issues.  I used to foam roll all the time due to evil running induced ITB issues, Im pleased your pass the cry stage!

What would you like to know? At the moment i am combining a mixture of recommendations from my coach, Joe Defranco's 'Limber 11', and general foam rolling.

Level 4 High Elf Warrior

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines