• 20 round house kicks against punching bag without foot down STR +1
  • 200 overhead squats STR +1
  • Side splits – groin to ground DEX +1
  • Front splits – groin to ground DEX +1

hitmonchan.jpg

Hitmonchan - Shoryuken!

• 80 push ups consecutively (currently 40) STR +1
  • Speed Ball x200 without missing DEX +1
  • Reflex training, catch a ball thrown against a wall 20 times without missing (max speed) DEX +1
  • Hand strengthener, 100 in a row each hand STR +1
  • Be able to successfully perform 5 different arm holds on a person punching at full speed DEX +1

hotmontop.jpg

Hitmontop - Spinning Bird Kick!

• Hold a handstand for 15 seconds STR +1
  • Walk 5 steps on my hands DEX +1
  • 5 vertical push ups (against a wall) STR +1
  • Flips and Tricks DEX +1
  • No handed cartwheel  CON +1

tauros.jpg

Tauros - Rawhide!

Create my first leather-crafting project

• Create a press stud cuff with engraved design, side stitching and dye it. WIS +2

Schedule on how i will do this found here

Thanks Spauracchio. I am actually aiming to fail on some things this time around. My recent challenges have been met too often and too well so I am trying to push harder.

I have to admit, I have fallen behind in pokemon, there are a lot more now than the original 151 :)

Just posting out this weeks schedule for easy access:

week1pokechallenge.jpg

Crazy how into this stuff I get, already jumped ahead of schedule and tried stretching this morning. After a lot of cycling lately my leg muscles are ultra tight. I took my current splits ability pictures yesterday. I think I will need to find little box ledges etc, because it seems like groin to ground requires you to be able to stretch beyond the ground. I figure, the schedule is more of a guide line, and extra practice can only be a good thing.

I am not sure if it was bowling Saturday night, or the excited trial run of this challenge I did last week, but my hands hurt like I've gripped something for too long. I think the grip strengtheners are doing their job :)

Hey Uruserce! Amazing Schedule and goals!

I love the Pokemon theme. XD

Oh yeah, I remember clocking up to 999:59 hours in Pokemon Crystal (and then the clock just stops) because I used to play in local tourneys. Then Nintendo pulled off that "incompatibility" situation during ruby-saphire versions so I stopped and never came back to it (seriously, that was for the best) but I still check a few things about the mechanics in each generation, just out of curiosity. 

You will like to know that Mewtwo is still is top contender, even among pokegods that represent weather, life and reality concepts such as time and space and even the creator of the universe. Go Mewtwo!

But I digress...

Seriously, that schedule is better than a mountain of Rare Candies!

... Then Nintendo pulled off that "incompatibility" situation during ruby-saphire versions so I stopped and never came back to it (seriously, that was for the best)....

I stopped playing at Crystal too. What incompatibility? Did they stop trading from between the two?

I was researching some of the new pokemon for this challenge and I did notice some pretty abstract ones. How disappointed would you be to meet the 'God of all Pokemon' pokemon and win in that fight?

Rare candies were the best. I still remember the Missingo cheat from pokemon red, and getting 99 rare candies so I could level up every single one of my pokemon. Good times :)

Ugh, everything hurts -_-'

Karate was actually taxing last night, which is unusual. It was made worse by me practicing for my first vertical pushup. I am getting closer. I did 4 with my feet propped up high on the stage in our hired hall.

Today my shoulders, lats and abs are caning.

40 pushups are pushing me to my limits. 50 next week will be interesting to see/try.

This weeks learned hold was an arm trap, where the inner hand is on the inside wrist of the punching hand and the outer hand hits above the elbow, leading to twist and arm trap. I am fairly confident I can do these in a real life situation. Training with this hold was hard with speed, due to the fear that I will jar/break the elbow. IRL though, of course, I would be aiming to do just that.

I can't believe how quickly I am getting my flexibility back. At the start of this week I was barely able to stretch, after only a few days I have made massive progress. Hopefully I will be able to move onto feet props by week 4. I have never in my life been able to get all the way to the ground with the splits. Time to set some personal records.

In summation: Optimism levels are high :)

I stopped playing at Crystal too. What incompatibility? Did they stop trading from between the two?

I was researching some of the new pokemon for this challenge and I did notice some pretty abstract ones. How disappointed would you be to meet the 'God of all Pokemon' pokemon and win in that fight?

Rare candies were the best. I still remember the Missingo cheat from pokemon red, and getting 99 rare candies so I could level up every single one of my pokemon. Good times :)

Yup, they made games up to Crystal  incompatible with the later generations. Absolute bummer ¬¬.

Oh yes, Arceus can be taken down by very mundane mons. -__-

Oooooh! Missigno just made the game BETTER! XD

I can't believe how quickly I am getting my flexibility back. At the start of this week I was barely able to stretch, after only a few days I have made massive progress. Hopefully I will be able to move onto feet props by week 4. I have never in my life been able to get all the way to the ground with the splits. Time to set some personal records.

In summation: Optimism levels are high :)

Congratulations man! That is a lot of progress for such a short time frame. You should post your records man, share it with the monastery!

Well, they say that flexibility is one of those things that's really hard to get, but easy to retain once you've got it. If that's true, then it makes sense that you should be getting it back so quickly.

And honestly, as far as Arceus goes, I like to think of it as him letting the other pokemon win. The alternative is just too depressing. XD

Looking good over here. Keep it up.

All I can say of yesterdays morning task, the difference between 50 squats and 100 is a LOT. My legs wanted to stop at 40, it was quite a teeth-gritting challenge to just keep going. My quads are still a little sore today ...

So far this challenge has taught me that I have never really pushed my limits. I doubt doing 50 squats last week allowed me to up it to 100 this week. Which means, I've always stopped when my legs started to quiver and never kept pushing. I assumed I could get 5-10 more past quiver point, and yet yesterday I managed at least 40 more than that. I am amazed at how much further past discomfort you can go, before this challenge started I should have pushed literally until collapse point, not just to the point where I *felt* like collapsing. :P