• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

uruserce

pokéChallenge

Whaaaat. You mean to say you did a full on handstand push-up without doing the handstand first? Awesome, if so. Also, unorthodox.

Whaaaat. You mean to say you did a full on handstand push-up without doing the handstand first? Awesome, if so. Also, unorthodox.

That's what I thought! Wuuuuuuuuut?? Good job.

Hahaha, no. I am doing the vertical push ups with a wall behind me, I think doing a free standing vertical pushup is for another challenge.

I managed to walk some 7 steps on my hands over the weekend, trying to do a handstand. Turns out walking on your hands is a lot easier than going into a handstand and holding it still. It's all super fun though!

Week 3 schedule. Officially mid-way through!

week3.png

Update on how I am going:

Splits - I am ready to use blocks/props for the side splits, because I don't think I can get lower than I am now without stretching past 180. I am not ready for props for the front splits yet though, on either side :/ patience is key. 

Pushups - Going very well! 50% more than I could do 3 weeks ago. Awesome progress.

Hand strengthener - might have hit my limit here. I can get 50, just, but 60 causes too much cramping. Which is even worse with my left hand than it is with my right.

Crane stance - Is going well, although I am really bored staring at my reflection for 3 minutes. Then for another three on the other leg. Somehow though, playing angry birds while I wait for the alarm is counter to the idea of balanced meditation I was going for.

Speed ball - tracking well, although I think my ball is slightly flat, which is making it easier on me. Currently trying to source a ball pump to test that theory.

Flips/tricks - Easily managed the 20 second headstand and the one hand at a time cartwheel (the trick is to keep your legs apart).

Handstand - This is proving more difficult than I expected. I can hold a handstand against a wall easy. Over the weekend I went into kicking up into one without the wall, and after I didn't break my neck, I have been doing it every chance I get. I have managed to hold a handstand for 3 seconds, but that was likely luck because I have no consistency at the moment, and haven't been able to do it again. I have also managed to walk 7 steps on my hands, although it was less controlled than I would want it to be. Turns out, walking on your hands is easier than dead-still balancing on your hands.

Roundhouse kicks - tracking fine

Vertical Pushups - These are wall assisted BTW, and I have managed 1 so far :) which is on track, though I should be working on them more in the week if I am going to improve on them.

Squats - hitting target, but they are torturous. Legs are still jelly-like from yesterdays 125.

Holds - Not tracking well :/ My Black Belt compliance grading is this Sunday, so the last few weeks have been focused more on that, than on learning and practising new holds. I did the first one, and learnt the second (but didn't get a chance to practice it) and haven't learnt this weeks Monday one yet. So there is catchup to be done there.

I need to make more of an effort on reflex training, and my current leather carving (first practice) which is of paper Mario looks scratchy and unprofessional. I need to get a blade tool I think, or a very fine V shaped engraver. That's right, blaming the tools, not my skillz :P

My oh my! You've definitely been working hard over here, and you've accomplished a lot of things. Very cool. Interesting that the walking on your hands should be easier than standing still...

Ugh, neglected to post for the last few weeks. 

Everything got messed up with my Black Belt Compliancy and then a surprise Brown grading in Karate. (Passed both :} )

I held off on the squats because I couldn't afford for my legs to be in pain and less responsive. Long story short, I did my 150, but haven't done my 175, still going to attempt 200 this week though. Dreading it already.

There are definitely parts of this challenge I am going to fail :) I am projecting 10/16, which is a good number and leave enough for next year to work on.

Hope everyone else is doing well with theirs, the holiday season sure has been busy so far!

Have I mentioned I like your weekly schedules? Cuz I like your weekly schedules.

There's a lot of awesome in here.

Yay for 200 squats! ! You can do it!

Geez, yeah. This is just that time of year. Even I, the mighty Kishi, am having a hard time with my challenge this time around. It just goes to show, though, that it's good to have people to struggle with.

OK, long neglected.

Results:

Achieved:

• Crane Stance for 5 minutes
  • 20 Roundhouse Kicks
  • 200 overhead squats
  • Side Splits - Groin to Ground
  • 200 Speed Ball
  • 20x Thrown Ball
  • 100 Hand Strengthener
  • Walk 5 Steps on hands

Failed:

• Front Splits groin to ground (heaps of improvement but not groin to ground)
  • 80 consecutive pushups (maxed out at 74)
  • 5 Different arm holds (2/5, fail)
  • Hold 15 second handstand (5 seconds is my best -_- and it's a fluke)
  • 5 vertical pushups (still stuck on 2)
  • Flips and Tricks (got headstand, star cartwheel and over sideways land together. Didn't get handspring, 3/4)
  • No Handed cartwheel (LOL)
  • Leather cuff (My paper Mario engraving is still just an engraving, not a cuff)

Stat Earns

• STR 4/7
  • DEX 4/7
  • CON 0/1
  • WIS 0/2

Lessons Learned:

1. 200 squats is NOT conducive to getting the splits. I would do my squats on Tuesday morning. All of Tuesday my legs would be rubbery, by Wednesday they were so very very sore. This soreness (the good kind) lasted a full week with each increment. So the nightly splits from Tuesday onwards would progress slower, sore legs discourages you from pushing yourself as much as you could in stretching. This became evident to me after week 2 and is definitely something to remember for future challenges.
  2. Flexibility comes back to you fast.
  3. My arms endurance level is NOTHING compared to my legs. My legs can just keep on going, the arms have a solid fail-point and will do no more.
  4. My left hand is significantly weaker and more prone to cramping than my right.
  5. Walking on your hands is easier than standing still on your hands. Just tilting your legs forwards over your head will cause you to walk to keep from falling. The challenge of standing perfectly still on your hands is far harder, and those that can do it are ultra impressive.