Beezas first challenge - Take Two!

GothicBeeza

Daily Log - 13/11/2013

Main Quest:

- Food: No takeaway

- Exercise: Rest day today

- Strength: Snuck in 10 squats, lunges, wall pushups and jumping jacks at work. But of course I couldn’t do the plank - I would look crazy! LOL. I’m thinking I might be able to sneak in a full BBWW throughout the day, and then do a full proper set in the evenings. Anyone have a problem with this?

Food Journal:

Breakfast: 2 poached eggs, bacon, mushrooms and gluten free toast. Regretting this now - It was actually too much food (or maybe it was the toast!). I think I will be back to fasting tomorrow.

Lunch: small chicken breast and a large banana (and apparently still full from breakfast! DEFINITELY going back to fasting). I think I’m getting sick of chicken again.

Dinner: steamed seafood yumcha (seems kinda naughty, but this could have easily been take-away! I also had 1 glass of wine

Water: 1200ml

Life Quest:

Practice: No practice today. No excuses, I just didn’t do it. I MUST do this for the next two days (I don’t really do practice on the weekends).

Challenge 1 starting weight 8/2/16:  126kgs

Challenge 2 starting weight 29/2/16: 123.3kgs

"When something goes wrong in your life, yell PLOT TWIST, and move on"

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/gothicbeeza

You got this! You're doing so well. Get that singing in and you'll be golden!

Aisha
Half-Giant Warrior, Level 5

STR: 7 || DEX: 6 || STA: 8 || CON: 7.5 || WIS: 12.5 || CHA: 5

Challenges: Current 4 3 2 1

Zombies, Run!

Nerd Fitness Mitten Meetups

If you have come here to help me, you are wasting your time.

But if you have come because your liberation is bound up with mine,

then let us work together. -Lilla Watson

Daily Log - 14/11/2013

Main Quest:

- Food: No takeaway

- Exercise: No cardio today - it’s strength day!

- Strength: Full set! Pretty proud of myself. Granted I only did wall pushups, but I made sure I did twice as many to make up for it.

Food Journal:

Breakfast/morning snack: I have been munching on some honeyed macadamias. Just a small handful so I don’t over-do it with the honey.

Lunch: Pumpkin wrap, with chicken, avocado, lettuce, and a small bit of cheese and mayo.

Dinner: Beef and vegetable “stirfryâ€. Even made enough for lunch tomorrow - it’s so nice not to have chicken!

Water: 2000ml

Life Quest:

Practice: Actually did a decent amount. I mostly did my vocal exercises (and screwed up a couple of tongue twisters). I went through my song once, but I am getting frustrated that some of my high notes are a little off. I think because I haven’t seen/heard this piece performed before, I needed some context (and a little inspiration). So I whipped out my phone and went to Youtube, and watched a video of it twice. So now I have some context, but I’m wishing I could sound like they used to in the 50s! Thanks to everyone who has been on my case about this! I only attend lessons once a fortnight so it’s crucial I do a decent amount of practice.

I love wall push ups, definitely help with my back and posture issues.  I'm trying to get back into singing for the fun of it, so hearing about how you are doing is a big inspiration.  Keep it up!

Also, your plot twist signature quote is awesome

KTravToTheMax - Level 2 Wandering Elf

STR4 | DEX2 | STA2 | CON| WIS| CHA1 

6-Week Challenges: 11/11-12/22, 1/6-2/17

Fitness Logs: Fitocracy

“And all dared to brave unknown terrors, to do mighty deeds, to boldly

split infinitives that no man had split before--and thus was the Empire forged.†

― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Daily Log - 15/11/2013

Main Quest:

- Food: No takeaway. So far passing with flying colours

- Exercise: We are dog-sitting at the moment, so I got up nice and early to take him for a walk/run. Just around the block, but it was still like 15-20 minutes, with maybe 2-3 minutes of that running. I would have taken him the path I prefer to go when I exercise near home, but we were getting 65km/hr wind gusts and it was kinda terrifying. I also did about 15 minutes when I did the banking today. As long as I do my 5km walk this weekend (will probably be on Sunday), then it will be a nice A for the week.

- Strength: FULL SET! I struggled a little on the third rep, but managed to make it. Thats an A for the week. So proud :)

Food Journal:

Breakfast/morning snack: No breakfast, but I kinda caved at 10:30 when I did the banking and got a mini sausage roll from the bakery. Does this count as take-away? (I must find out how many calories are in a mini sausage roll).

Lunch: Leftover beef and vegetable stir fry.

Dinner: Small piece of lamb with a sundried tomato marinade, sweet potato fries and mixed veggies.

Water: 1200ml

Life Quest:

Practice: Got some practice is, but not entirely happy with it. I’m going to have to do some at home I think (preferably drunk, but I’ve pretty much given up alcohol). So thats an A for the life quest this week.

Hi GothicBeeza, I have only just seen your challenge but I know *exactly* what you mean about the takeaways, they're my Achilles heel too. You're doing really well on your challenge, way to go! 

I'm more than adequate. Leave Kanye out of this. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

Daily Log - 16/11/2013

Main Quest:

- Food: I ran out of willpower today. I gave in and had takeaway for dinner. After, i felt really weird - kinda despressed and lethargic. I’ve learnt my lesson. I don’t think I will be craving take-away for quite some time.

- Exercise: Took the dog for a longer walk. No running as he decided to stop at every lamp post/ bin/ tree / BUS STOP that he thought needed peeing on. I think it was around a 30 minute walk.

- Strength: Rest day - I’ve done my work for the week so now I can just relax.

Food Journal:

Breakfast/morning snack: Fasted for 15 hours, and then had a bacon and mushroom omelette (with no milk of course)

Lunch:.Chicken and pork steamed yum cha

Dinner: Chicken wrap with small chips and potato and gravy

Water: Um….forgot to keep track, but I can tell I didn’t drink anywhere near enough

Life Quest:

Practice: Done for the week :)

Wauw, you're going strong! Amazing! Keep up the great work, you're doing a wonderful job. :D

Also, you want to practice your singing. What kind of songs do you like best for singing? :)

Mostly musical theatre. My current piece that we are working on is Many A New Day from Oklahoma! Previously I had worked on On My Own from Les Miserables. 

- Food: I ran out of willpower today. I gave in and had takeaway for dinner. After, i felt really weird - kinda despressed and lethargic. I’ve learnt my lesson. I don’t think I will be craving take-away for quite some time.

Well you did it but at least you now can feel the difference between you before the takeaway and after! Its so amazing how food can affect us.

Daily Log - 17/11/2013

Main Quest:

- Food: No take-away (I have learnt my lesson).

- Exercise: Did my 5km this morning - I ran less than I would have liked but I kept having to deal with my stupid phone every 10 minutes or so. I at least did the required running for Zombies Week 3 Day 2 (I’m so behind).

- Strength: Done for the week

Food Journal:

Breakfast: Home made bacon, egg, and mushroom wrap

Lunch: Steamed prawn and chicken yum cha (this is becoming an addiction, time to stamp it out I think)

Dinner: At this stage nothing. I had my lunch pretty late and I guess I’m just not feeling hungry. I’m in the process of cooking the meat for my next couple of lunches, so I might have something to nibble on if I get hungry.

Water: erm…..at least 1200ml. Not drinking anywhere near enough this weekend,

Life Quest:

Practice: Done for the week, but I may consider introducing practice as part of my weekend routine.

So thats week 1 pretty much done. I will post my grades and my end of Week 1 weight tomorrow morning. I will also be posting updates on my measurements every second week.

End of Week 1 grading

Food: C

Exercise: A

Strength: A

Life Quest: A

End of week 1 weight: 110.1kgs.

Ok I totally only deserved a 500gm weight loss this week. I feel like I disappointed everyone with my take-away screw up. Plus everything else I ate over the weekend was a little heavy on the carbs. Whats really disappointing is I stepped in the scales during the week and I was down to 109.6. I'm so good during the week, I can't let weekends be my downfall. So time to try again rebels.

Nobody's disappointed with you! Keep on keepin on and you'll be just fine. Good luck with week 2!! You can do it!

Aisha

Zombies, Run!

Daily Log - 18/11/2013

Main Quest:

- Food: No take-away

- Exercise: No cardio today. I used the time I normally have in the morning for an extra long practice session.

- Strength: Time got away from me today so I didn’t do anyway. I will need to strength AND cardio tomorrow to make up.

Food Journal:

Breakfast: Skipped

Lunch: 3 small oven baked pork spare ribs, and a banana.

Dinner: Large serve of mixed vegies with 3 small pork sausages.

Water: 1200ml (ok getting dangerously low with my water intake).

Life Quest:

Practice: Nice long practice session today. Getting a little frustrated at not being at to get one tongue twister perfect, and I’m still not 100% happy with my song, but I have a lesson this Thursday so I can discuss my concerns with my teacher then.

Nice, remember this is still work in progress and you seem really close to sussing out how to deal with the weekends effectively. I know what its like to fight takeaways, it one of the hardest things to face. And unlike most other cravings, I'm not sure if there is anyway you can work with it (e.g. having it on your 1 day off a week) cause it really is quite addictive.

Here are some suggestions, they might be helpful:

- Learn how to cook your favorite takeaway menus, by introducing a healthier alternative (I did this with omelettes, as it use to be my favorite thing to order, now I enjoy making all sorts of healthy types)

- Preoccupy your time on weekend with more hobbies, and aother type of reward (perhaps from the money you saved that otherwise would be spent on takeaways)

- For me, a lot of this was because my mental wellbeing was really low. Learning to forgive yourself so you can do better is really helpful effective. I sometimes really think of the amount I've spent on junk and it makes me angry but whats done is done, I can make up for it by achieving my goals.

- Your body is a machine! Better than any tech that you can get. Treat it as best as you can and it'll thank you back, I'm certain of it!

- Write down how you felt somewhere after every type of thing you've tried. It's insightful, that for sure...

As you can see, I'm writing this knowing just how hard it is. It's effing hard, but trust me, it'sossible. But this isn't failure, good on YOU for going 5 days without it, god on you for trying. Above were some of the things that helped me to fight it at the time, and for all of thise it essentially comes down to proactive>reactive.

Week 2 and beyond is going to be amazing :-)

• Like 1

IntroductionBodyware: Fitness Journal

Challenge Belt: (1)(2)(3)(4), (5), (6), (7), [WOOT](8), [TEMP HIATUS], (9)

Bodyweight Info: Starting: 264.5lbs, Current: 167.8lbs (NEUTRAL)

IronGlider v2.10, Adventurer Rank: Level 8

Daily Log - 19/11/2013

Main Quest:

- Exercise: 25 minute brisk walk in the hilly areas near my work

- Strength: Didn’t get a chance to do it today - this weeks daily blogging (which I don’t normally do but its Doctor Who week so I’m doing something everyday) is getting a little in the way. I did manage to sneak in 20 wall pushups and 20 squats at work. So it’s an attempt at least.

Food Journal:

Lunch: .Chunky beef and vegetable pie - no regrets. The bakery uses MASSIVE pieces of organic beef and so many veggies. I had a craving for beef. Oh and also a pretty big banana. Best lunch in ages.

Dinner: 200gms steak with 2 serves of veggies

Water: 2800ml

Life Quest:

Practice:No practice today - used the time to do an extra long walk. I will need to work out how much practice I can do tomorrow and still fit in some cardio

Daily Log - 20/11/2013

Main Quest:

- Exercise: skipped cardio this morning in favour of some practice.

- Strength: I did a reduced set - it still counts so I’m happy I at least did something. I can still get an A this week if I do another reduced set, plus a full set.

Food Journal:

Lunch: Forgot to prep anything for my lunch today, So i went across the road to the supermarket and got a wholemeal roll with low-fat ham and a banana - seriously filling. At least I didn’t give in to the easy way and just got a noodle bowl (or 2).

Dinner: 200gm steak with 2 serves of mixed veggies.

Water: 1500ml

Life Quest:

Practice: Actually did some. I don’t feel like I’m getting anywhere with this piece. I think this getting me down more than the weightloss

I originally didn’t plan to update today. Not because it was a bad day for my goals or anything, just that I am struggling at the moment with a bad of a case of depression. I do get this depressed a couple of times a year, but it usually doesn’t last this long. I’m at least making some sort of attempt with my goals still, but I’m not not enjoying everyday life as much as I should. I’m trying to pull myself out of this, but mentally, I am struggling.

I hope this bout of depression lets up soon! I know a handful of people that are living with it and can see how it sometimes really drains you. Even if you're not taking the same joy in working towards your goals right now, keep it up! You're pushing through it and posting here even though you're not feeling your best. That's so impressive! Keep pushing (hopefully without stressing out too much) and I'm sure you'll see some positive change.

• Like 1

Aisha

Zombies, Run!

Daily Log - 21/11/2013

Main Quest:

- Exercise: 25 minute walk in the inclines..

- Strength: None today. I will need to make this up on the weekend now.

Food Journal:

Lunch: 2 small beef rissoles and a large banana

Snack (because sometimes depression can only be solved with chocolate); 1 small piece of fudge and a cup of tea.

Dinner:  Roasted chicken breast with a huge serve of peas, and 1 small potato (roasted and cut in half).

Water: um….i think around 1800ml

Life Quest:

Practice: No practice this morning, but I did have my lesson. I walked out actually feeling pretty good. Things I have struggling with for the past fortnight have finally started clicking in place (good thing too with the Christmas Concert less than a month away). This is the best I have felt all week (although as I am typing this I am starting to come down from the high and feel kinda drained).

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines