La feuille de contrôle da la bataille d'Annie

Soooo alright. Not sure if that title is grammatically correct, but it's too late now.

According to the grape vine, these daily logs are really quite helpful. So let's give a shot, eh? I am starting this a few days late, since I already started exercising and a changed diet.

Ability Scores

Lvl 1 Human Barbarian

Con: 2

Str: 2

Cha: 0

Dex: -2

Int: 1

Wis: 0

Real life stats

Lvl 22 human chemist

Ht: 5'9"

Wt: 226 lbs

Daily caloric intake: ???

Exercise regimen: Rebel Fitness guide

Today's exercise

Swimming! 30 mins

Walking around campus (very brisk): 20 minutes

Today's food log

6:30am: Woke up late, no breakfast. Finished physics lab report. Arrived to class 5 minutes late.

11am: Narrowly avoided cafeteria; back home: protein shake (1 banana, 4 strawberries, 1/2 cup spinach, 1/2 cup low sugar OJ, 1 cup almond milk, 1 scoop whey protein)

11:30am: Back to school (with beef jerky in tow) just in time for ochem discussion

1pm: ochem lecture

3pm: physics lecture

4:30pm: back home, dinner time: 1 3oz steak, 2 med eggs, handful spinach, handful mushrooms, garlic, black pepper, few dashes hot sauce;1/2 med sweet potato.

4:45pm: homework time, WoW

9:30pm: swim time!

10pm: More homework until I fall asleep.

Gum chewed: ~20 pieces

Music of the day

The Avalanches - Frontier Psychiatrist

Nerdery of the day

Got my DK to 85. This weekend will probably get her to 90.

Thoughts?

I'm out of snackable veggies and mushrooms. Will need to get some. So far so good not breaking and getting anything I didn't intend to at the store! Hooray! It helps to have a hard copy list made before I go, no room to be like "welllll that may have been on the list." Oh and eggs! I need eggs too. Nothing but tea again today, not quite the 2 L mark, but I'll get there before the day is out. Feelin pretty good though. I did start getting that nagging feeling in my stomach. It's rough when your roommate leaves out her coupon's for 2 large pepperoni pizzas laying on the dining room table, since my first instinct was "man, I should get some pizza." Ah well. She's moving in December anyway. I think I'll get a dog. It was horribly windy today, my eyeballs are dried out. Makes me feel like I'm really tired.

Attached are recent photos for comparison's sake.

They are helpful.  

Are you tracking calories with anything like My Fitness Pal?  Might help.  Looks like a good start on your journey.  

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

Day 2! Hurrah.

I'm going to start counting up the calories, carbs, all that. I don't want to, but I guess I need to know.

I think sugar consumption is a tad on the high side. I also went on myfitnesspal and got some baseline numbers, something to aim for at least.

Cal: 1200

Carb: 180g (this seems high to me)

Fat: 44g

Protein: 50g

Sodium: 2500mg

Sugar: 26g

Sooooo that's what I'm aimin for. Well, for sodium, sugar, carb I'm gonna try to reduce that a touch.

Today's exercise

Warmup

SL dead-lift: 2x15/30lbs

Military press: 2x15/30lbs

Back lunge: 2x15/20lbs

1-arm DB row: 2x15/35lbs

Bird dog: 2x8

Cardio: 10-min; try to run continuously for 3:30 min (previous 3 min)

Today's log

9am: Woke up, too late to go to Casa Maria. That's what I get for trying to fall asleep to Rocky Horror Picture Show. Damn catchy toons.

Protein shake: 105 cal, 11g sugar, 16g carb, 13g protein

10:30am: grocery store.

12pm: Ate 1 Bubbie's pickle 3 cal, 308mg Na+, 1g carb

12:30 pm: homework o'clock. Try to get a whole chapter of ochem done.

1pm: lunch: 3 oz chicken + carrots and green beans: 193 cal, 12g carb, 6 mg Na+, 6 sugar, 24g protein, 3g fat

2:40pm: Another pickle: 3 cal, 308mg Na+, 1g carb

3pm: 1 tbsp almond butter: 95cal, 8g fat, 60 mg Na+, 4g carb, 2g sugar, 3g protein

5pm: Dinner: sausage/tomato/basil stuffed portabello mushroom caps: 737 cal, 10.8g carb, 44g protein, 7.2g sugar, 114mg Na+

6pm: concerned about not getting enough calories: 1 tbsp almond butter: 95cal, 8g fat, 60 mg Na+, 4g carb, 2g sugar, 3g protein; WoW unitl my eyes bleed

11:30 pm: Rebel Fitness

Gum chewed: 3

Beverage: 2 L green tea (home brewed); 18 oz water

Totals: 

Cal: 1231 / 1200

Carb: 48.8g / 180g

Fat: 11g / 44g

Protein: 87g / 50g

Sodium: 736mg / 2500mg

Sugar: 28.2g / 26g

***Reduce sugar. Probably need a bit more fat than that. Calories not too bad, maybe reduce a touch. Reduce carb/protein? Not sure.

Music of the day

Neutral Milk Hotel - Oh Comely

Nerdery of the day

Achievement unlocked! Good things come in 3's: Run for 3 minutes and 33 seconds at 3.3 mph and be able to stand afterwards. 10pts

Achievement unlocked! Cheeky little monkey: Lose enough inches around your middle so that your pants slip while you run. 10pts *facepalm*

Thoughts?

A word on Bubbie's pickled stuff: FUUUUUUCK. I'm not one to curse, but oh my God I've never eaten a pickle so good. I mean, I just...I can't even. Most pickled foods come in that super saturated green-tinted demon-juice and may have at one point been a vegetable. Not Bubbie's. Goodness. I may never recover. It's taking every last shred of willpower I have to not devour that whole jar. In other news, I did deviate from my shopping list. And I'm not even sorry. Because as I was on my way to other things that were on my list, I passed the hot sauce section and they had Gringo Bandito's! My all time favorite hot sauce that used to be only available locally. Now I can get it a whole state away! Today has been a good day.

Bleh I'm tired today. By the time I settled down last night after workout it was 1am and I had to be up at 7am. That's what I get.

Anyway, yesterday was yesterday, today is day 3.

Today's exercise

Walked around campus: 30 minutes total

Today's log

7am: Woke up, left for school 7:30. Molecular bio lab pleh pleh pleh.

Protein shake: 105 cal, 11g sugar, 16g carb, 13g protein

11:25am: feeling peckish, bubbie's pickle: 3 cal, 308mg Na+, 1g carb

12pm: Lunch: ham cups + eggs(2) with mushrooms and hot sauce: 162 cal, 11.5g fat, 622mg Na+, 1.2g carb, 0.4g sugar, 23.4g protein

1pm: Ochem lecture

2pm: almond butter (1 tbsp) + 1 pickle + 1 square pickled herring: 137 cal, 9g fat, 588mg Na+, 13g carb, 8g sugar, 6g protein

3pm: Physics lecture

4:30pm: kale chips: 93 cal, 190mg Na+, 7g fat, 6.9g protein, 6g carb (devoured in seconds, goodness gracious)

8pm: Dinner: teriyaki salmon (1 tbsp low Na+ soy sauce, 0.5 tbsp honey, few dashes ginger powder) + 1 sweet potato: 476 cal, 19.1g fat, 732mg Na+, 49 carb, 25g sugar, 27.1g protein

Gum chewed: 3

Totals: 

Cal: 976 / 1200

Carb: 86.2g / 180g

Fat: 46.6g / 44g

Protein: 76.4g / 50g

Sodium: 2440mg / 2500mg

Sugar: 44.4g / 26g

***Lower sugar. Lower sodium. Protein may have been a touch out of hand. Too much fat. Basically, don't consume entire sweet potato in one go. Calories way under what they should have been today.

Music of the day

Dire Straits - Money For Nothing

Nerdery of the day

Apparently, you are no longer limited to one netherwing mount. You can get all six. Totally made my day.

Thoughts?

TotM starting soon, anticipate to lose noticeably after that. Probably why I'm so tired. Note to self: probably shouldn't eat a whole sweet potato for dinner. That was a tad much. Made my sugar intake for the day waaaaay too high. And yet way under the mark for calories. However, that teriyaki salmon was wonderous. I bet if I ate just that and the veggies, or just a few pieces of sweet potato, would be great meal. I just got overzealous. Other than that...I'm pooped.

Day 4. It's 11 at night and I still need to work out. Shew. Long day. But another good one.

Today's exercise

Warm up

Squats: 2x15/35lbs

Push-ups: 2x10

Step ups: 3 (broke my chair :(); 2x15

1-arm DB row: 2x20/40lbs

Hip raises: 2x15

Plank: 2x35sec

Cardio: 10-min running; try to run continuously for 3:45 (up form 3:30)

Today's log

8am: Protein shake: 105 cal, 11g sugar, 16g carb, 13g protein

12pm: Lunch: ham cups + eggs(2) with mushrooms, spinach, and hot sauce, 1 pickle: 165 cal, 11.5g fat, 930mg Na+, 2.2g carb, 0.4g sugar, 23.4g protein

1pm: Another pickle: 3 cal, 308mg Na+, 1g carb

2pm: almond butter (1 tbsp)95cal, 8g fat, 60 mg Na+, 4g carb, 2g sugar, 3g protein

8pm: Dinner: teriyaki salmon (1 tbsp low Na+ soy sauce, 0.5 tbsp honey, few dashes ginger powder): 364 cal, 19g fat, 660mg Na+, 23g carb, 20g sugar, 25.1g protein

Gum chewed: 6

Totals: 

Cal: 850 / 1200

Carb: 46.2g / 180g

Fat: 38.5g / 44g

Protein: 64.5g / 50g

Sodium: 1958mg / 2500mg

Sugar: 33.4g / 26g

*** Ok seriously, too few calories. Need more healthy snacks I think. More veggies. You're going to go into starvation mode, you silly fat badger! Just kidding, self. You're not a badger. See, this is why you need more calories.

Music of the day

Puscifer - Dear Brother

Nerdery of the day

-How many warriors does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

-"No path available".

Thoughts?

TotM started today, will be good to go in two days. I have an organic chem test next Friday, it is study o'clock. Like, super serial study. But I feel so unmotivated. And tired all the time. And apathetic mostly. Also anatomy test on central nervous system that I should do on Monday. Physics test week after. IN OTHER NEWS! My butt touches my feet! Oh my gosh, I'm so happy. I must mark this day on my calendar, titled: What's got two thumbs and is not a fatass? This chick. Also, I have an ant issue :( Well, you're S.O.L fellas, ain't no food in here. Guess they're not hurting anything, they're just poking around. Hopefully they give up soon. They're shiny and small and they freak me out.

Hahaha your posts make me laugh (in a good way)! Written like a true Chemist...ions and all! Well done on getting your feet to touch your butt...you're my hero! I'll be following your progress, silly badger:)

Eli and the Timeline of Growth

"Anxiety is love's greatest killer. It makes others feel as you might when a drowning man holds on to you.

You want to save him, but you know he will strangle you with his panic." ~ Anaïs Nin

Fantastic progress Anneh, your posts are greatly detailed and fun to read! It's gonna be awesome seeing how you progress onwards! :-)

p.s. awesome choice of tracks man! :-)

IntroductionBodyware: Fitness Journal

Challenge Belt: (1)(2)(3)(4), (5), (6), (7), [WOOT](8), [TEMP HIATUS], (9)

Bodyweight Info: Starting: 264.5lbs, Current: 167.8lbs (NEUTRAL)

IronGlider v2.10, Adventurer Rank: Level 8

Bonswa! Day...uh...5? I'm going with 5. Lazy Sunday, anyway.

Today's exercise

Cleaning. Like, super-serial-makes-you-sweat-so-bad-you-have-to-re-clean-what-you-just-cleaned-because-its-sweaty-now type cleaning. 2 hours.

Today's log

9am: Wake up, protein shake: 105 cal, 11g sugar, 16g carb, 13g protein; amazingly, I forgot to eat. that's never happened in my life. Normally I wake up with my hand already in a bag of chips.

9:30am: Get my internet working again, WoW time.

12pm: Lunch: ham cups + eggs(2) with mushrooms, spinach, and hot sauce, 1 pickle: 165 cal, 11.5g fat, 930mg Na+, 2.2g carb, 0.4g sugar, 23.4g protein

2pm: Another pickle + almond butter (1 tbsp) (not together, ew): 97 cal, 368mg Na+, 5g carb, 2g sugar, 3g protein

8pm: Dinner: 0.5 lb pork sausage, mushrooms (1c), saurkraut (1/2c): 704 cal, 56.2g fat, 1439mg Na+, 4.3g carb, 1.4g sugar, 19g protein

8:30pm: WoW until...

9pm: Clean the bajeesus out of my apartment.

11pm: WoW time. Until the sun comes up! Just kidding. 

Gum chewed: 2

Beverage: 4 L green tea (home brewed)

Totals: 

Cal: 906 / 1200

Carb: 27.5g / 180g

Fat: 67.7g / 44g

Protein: 58.4g / 50g

Sodium: 2737mg / 2500mg

Sugar: 14.8g / 26g

*** Good work on the sugar, bad for...everything else. Too much salt, don't pair salty foods with already salty foods. Half pound of sausage probably overdid it. still need to up calories.

Music of the day

The Meat Puppets ft. Kurt Cobain - Lake of Fire

Nerdery of the day

Achievement unlocked! Productivity: Do something productive on a Sunday that doesn't revolve around video games. Since that's """technically""" not considered productive. Technically. Screw it, I killed Garrosh Hellscream today and it was beautiful.

New stats!

+1 str

+1 dex

Con: 2

Str: 3

Cha: 0

Dex: -1

Int: 1

Wis: 0

Thoughts?

Alright, so the ant problem is getting out of hand. They're on the ceiling! Why would there be food on the ceiling, ya silly wee bollocks?! Don't make no sense. I'm hankerin' for some beef jerky. And out of bananas. Will need to make a trip to the store tomorrow. *Sigh*. Well, at least I'll be getting some sunshine, I pulled a typical me and haven't set foot outside the house in the daytime since Friday. Maybe that's why I'm sleepy? I'm like a sunflower that didn't see the sun. Just hang my head and look all gloomy like. Anyway, I'm gonna weigh myself tomorrow for the first time in 6 days. Should be interesting. Also update photo. And uh...homework. And physics, and organic chem. And anatomy. Any way, movie time! I think I shall watch...300. Yeah. Seeing those manly men running around like badasses will give me some motivation for this week. Excluding the leather thongs. Seriously, fellas. Pants never hurt anyone.

Hello day 6!

So, I weighed myself this morning.

Wt: 220 lbs

8zxSz38ADe-2.png

Meaning, 4 lbs lost. Er...wait. 6 lbs. Right? I can't do math in my head. It's a good thing they're gonna let me give people medication in a few years. :sulkiness: 

Anywhoozies.

(Never said that before in my life, not sure why that came out.)

Today's exercise

Warmup

SL Deadlift: 2x15/45lbs (hooray I can lift a standard olympic bar)

Overhead DB press: 2x15/35lbs

Back lunges: 2x25/30lbs

1-arm DB row: 2x20/45lbs

Bird-dog: 2x8

Cardio: 10-min; try to run continuously for 4 min (previous 3:45 min)

Today's log

9am: Woke up, protein shake: 105 cal, 11g sugar, 16g carb, 13g protein

12pm: Go to school.

12:30pm: Realize there is no school today. Feel sheepish whole way home.

1pm: Homework o'clock.

2pm: Lunch: ham cups + eggs(2) with mushrooms, spinach, and hot sauce, 1 pickle: 165 cal, 11.5g fat, 930mg Na+, 2.2g carb, 0.4g sugar, 23.4g protein

8pm: Dinner: teriyaki salmon (1 tbsp low Na+ soy sauce, 0.5 tbsp honey, few dashes ginger powder): 364 cal, 19g fat, 660mg Na+, 23g carb, 20g sugar, 25.1g protein

All throughout the day: 1 cup almonds: 640 cal, 56 fat, 24g carb, 4g sugar, 24g protein

Gum chewed: 4

Totals: 

Cal: 1274 / 1200

Carb: 65.2g / 180g

Fat: 86.5g / 44g

Protein: 85.5g / 50g

Sodium: 1970mg / 2500mg

Sugar: 35.4g / 26g

***Much better on calories; however, not ore than 0.5c almonds in one day. Look at the fat! Yikes.

Music of the day

Skid Row - 18 and Life. Because 80's. I'm totally dressing up as Sebastian Bach next Halloween. Hands down. Yes.

Nerdery of the day

My favorite chemistry poem:

"Once I was a chemist,

But I am no more.

For what I thought was H2O

Was H2SO4."

Thoughts?

Looong day. But I had it off, so it was alright. I'm starting to love this routine. Like, hard work every other day. Exercise-wise, I mean. I'm starting to look forward to it. Which is weird. I did have a crazy craving for cake today. I almost talked myself into going to the store and getting some. But I think I'm going to wait a bit longer. Thanksgiving's coming up, and I want to have an established habit before I go ahead and indulge for a day. Gonna be rough, since everyone knows I love to eat anything and everything...Yikes. Well, I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. In the meantime, good work, self! :sentimental: 

• Like 2

That poem is great.  Good job on the weight loss and your kicking it on your workouts.  Keep up the great work.

Level 2 Warforged Druid

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

What can I say, I'm a sucker for Chem jokes.  

And bad puns

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Haha awesome post today Anneh! :-D

Great job too and boy do I know how easy it can be to get into a nut-crave! Hence why I've decieed to have them every other day.

P.s. Totally awesome costume idea!

IntroductionBodyware: Fitness Journal

Challenge Belt: (1)(2)(3)(4), (5), (6), (7), [WOOT](8), [TEMP HIATUS], (9)

Bodyweight Info: Starting: 264.5lbs, Current: 167.8lbs (NEUTRAL)

IronGlider v2.10, Adventurer Rank: Level 8

One week! Oh, happy day :)

Not my best day so far. And I fear it's not over yet, my stomach is loud today.

Today's exercise

Swimming! 30 min. It's windy and around 16°C out, so I'm a touch chilly.

Since I over did it today on food, gonna run for about 15 minutes. Not quite ready for interval training, maybe will kick that up tomorrow.

Today's log

8am: Woke up, protein shake: 105 cal, 11g sugar, 16g carb, 13g protein

2pm: Lunch: ham cups + eggs(2) with mushrooms, spinach, and hot sauce, 1 pickle: 165 cal, 11.5g fat, 930mg Na+, 2.2g carb, 0.4g sugar, 23.4g protein

5pm: Dinner: Steak. Blue. Cooked in only it's own juices. *Drool*. With mushrooms, peas, and 1/4 sweet potato: 888 cal, 35g fat, 161mg Na+, 19g carb, 5g sugar, 113.5g protein

All throughout the day: 1/2 cup almonds: 320 cal, 28 fat, 12g carb, 2g sugar, 12g protein

Gum chewed: 12

Beverage: 2 L green tea (home brewed)

Totals: 

Cal: 1478 / 1200 :hopelessness:

Carb: 49.2g / 180g

Fat: 74.5g / 44g

Protein: 161.9g / 50g 

Sodium: 1091mg / 2500mg

Sugar: 29.5g / 26g

***Overdid it. Everywhere. Eeshk. You're fired.

Music of the day

Jimi Hendrix - Voodoo Child

Nerdery of the day

aG9dmO7_700b_v1.jpg

10 pts if you get it.

Thoughts?

Bleh today was bad food-wise. Around 11am my stomach started tugging on my shirt sleeve, whispering with its oh-so-seductive voice, "I've noticed you haven't had a peach pie in a few days. I thought you loved peach pie? It's your favorite, right? You've done so well, why don't you go get one? Maybe just a piece. Or some cheez-its. I know that cheez-its are your favorite food. You deserve to have your favorite things. No? Then please...feed me sweets and salty things, I'm dying." *ensue world's tiniest violin*

Me:

can-you-just-be-cool-once-gif.gif

Relax, Growly McGrowlinson, you're gonna get the works in 15 days. You can hold out until then. Heading to the grocer store was dangerous at that point, but I only got veggies and beef jerky. And...a huge-ass steak. Blue. Yes. You got a craving, I'll give ya something to crave! But pleh...hopefully I won't break on that. At least everything I ate was healthy. As in paleo. Not like cupcakes or anything. I almost wish I hadn't tallied everything up, now I'm settling into a "screw it, I already went over" type attitude. Maybe tomorrow will be better.

Lots of pictures in my posts lately. My apologies for the lengthiness of each post as a result. It's horrendously windy today and my eyeballs are burnin'.

It's getting louder. I been sitting staring at the computer screen for 20 minutes with my eyeballs looking like dinner plates. :blink:

I ate a pickle and some beef jerky. It is not appeased. Aaaaaaaaaaggghhhh.

Come on, self. You don't need cake. You don't need sugar. Or hydrogenated fats. You've made hydrogenated fatty acids before, you know how gross it is.

My eyes are super tired, too. I dunno, just been an off day. 

Chewing gum isn't helping. I think I just need to put on a movie and lay down.

Hm...I'm feelin' Woody Allen. Crimes and Misdemeanors it is. One piece of jerky, and that concludes the evening.

Your write ups amuse me greatly.  The light saber tooth tiger makes me want to buy a shirt.  

Perhaps drinking more water will help with keeping your stomach full?  I don't know how much you are drinking now, but I have found it to help me.  Best of luck as you continue to rock.

Level 2 Warforged Druid

I saw that French title, I knew I had to partake in this thread.

FIRSTLY, La feuille de contrôle DE la bataille d'Annie.

Close, ..., very close.

Anyways, the French that I am, I felt the need to correct that. *French OCD kicking it*

Like Jitters, I found great amusement reading your "thoughts". I like how your putting yourself out there, it enables us to keep your accountable for your actions, either good ones or bad ones ;)

Also, since your name is Annie, do you speak French by any chance, I don't get to speak French to anyone except Nuala!

It's not 80% diet, 20% exercise, it's 100% diet, 100% exercise. Give it your all.

My journey (Date - Total - BF % - LBM)

2012-01-01 - 242 - 35% - 157

2013-12-15 - 172 - 10% - 155

2016-05-01 - 231 - 25% - 173

I saw that French title, I knew I had to partake in this thread.

FIRSTLY, La feuille de contrôle DE la bataille d'Annie.

Close, ..., very close.

Anyways, the French that I am, I felt the need to correct that. *French OCD kicking it*

Like Jitters, I found great amusement reading your "thoughts". I like how your putting yourself out there, it enables us to keep your accountable for your actions, either good ones or bad ones ;)

Also, since your name is Annie, do you speak French by any chance, I don't get to speak French to anyone except Nuala!

Lordy, I knew there was something wrong with it. Thank you for pointing it out :) Now that I look at it, da? Really? Had to throw a little Slavic in there, see who's paying attention :P

Glad you're likin' it, I do my best :)

I'm not fluent in French, unfortunately. I live in a place where if you bust out any language other than English or Spanish, you get threatened with a priest visit for an exorcism. Joking...mostly.

Your write ups amuse me greatly.  The light saber tooth tiger makes me want to buy a shirt.  

Perhaps drinking more water will help with keeping your stomach full?  I don't know how much you are drinking now, but I have found it to help me.  Best of luck as you continue to rock.

Yes! I would buy that shirt. In fact, the hunt begins.

I think it may have just been tiredness, after lying down I felt better :) I typically consume no less than 2L of tea per day (homebrewed, nothing added) and add water on top of that if I feel thristy. It does help :)

And thank you much :)

Is your name really "Annie"? I thought that it was "Tauren"  :o

It's great that you are doing weight-training! It will make you strong like bull!

You seem to be eating very little...don't you get hungry? I'd be chewing my arm off!

Eli and the Timeline of Growth

"Anxiety is love's greatest killer. It makes others feel as you might when a drowning man holds on to you.

You want to save him, but you know he will strangle you with his panic." ~ Anaïs Nin