Holding Whole30 v2.0

This is a squad for anyone who is currently doing (no matter how many days in) or who will be doing Whole30 during this challenge.  You're all welcome.

Members:

Blaidd

49er

Tateman

Jonesy

jennab113

Pallas Athena

WritingWeaver

direrael

Kateri

Half Faerie (Sidhe) Scout | Black Belt Kitchen Ninja
"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright
You're welcome to skype me (audriwolf) too but let me know who you are

My challenge

So I'm not doing a full Whole30 but I wanted to know if I could join the group again? I'm thinking a Whole 7 then an 80/20 deal to get back to feeling better!

Fitocracy  GoodReads  MyFitnessPal

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 2020: 1.20  - 2019: 1.19 l 2.19

2018: 1.18 l  2.18 l 3.18 l 4.18 l 5.18 l 6.18 l 7.18

2017: 1.17 I 2.17 I 3.17 I 4.17 I 5.17 l 6.17 l 7.17 l 8.17 I 9.17 l 10.17  

2016: 1.16 l 2.16 l DA v.1 l DA v.2 I DA v.2 Reloaded I DA v.3 I DA v.4 I 8.16 I 9.16 I DA v.5 I 11.16 

2012: 1 2013: 2 l 3 l 4 l 5 l 6 l 7 l 8 2014: 9 l 10 l Not Done Yet l Time to Conquer l  Conquering 

HFC for Life!

Hey all, welcome. I will add your names and challenge links to the list when I'm back at my pc.

Jonesy you're more than welcome :)

Sent with awesomeness from my iPad using Tapatalk

"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright

My challenge

I found it! Thanks for signing me up, Blaidd! Looking forward to getting started on Monday.

Blaidd, you've already done this successfully--any tips for getting ourselves organized?

Human Ranger, Level 10
Long-term Goal: Hike WA section of Pacific Crest Trail, August 2014

Current Challenge | Facebook (personal & locavore) | Blog | Twitter

"You stand at the verge, and you could become anything." - Dan Chaon

so i officially started on 1 November, but i'm only counting from Monday.

My challenge

I found it! Thanks for signing me up, Blaidd! Looking forward to getting started on Monday.

Blaidd, you've already done this successfully--any tips for getting ourselves organized?

the only thing i can recommend is to read up on the timeline, so that the various "symptoms" don't take you by surprise.  And the other thing - prep, prep, prep. It's the biggest thing.  If i hadn't had a menu plan (although not restrictive), i would've been screwed.  I planned it out once a week, bought the necessary groceries on a friday and then chose whichever meal each day i felt like eating.  I also made sure i had enough fruit and snacks in reserve for when i had a snack/sugar attack.  Prep saved my ass in W30.

My challenge

I would like to join again :) Been eating poorly for the last 2 weeks and I'm really feeling it. I found that the time between the challenges is when I fall off the wagon or screw things up. I need to remedy this and I know this group will be the one to help :D

Weight Loss. 195lbs -> 135lbs (60lbs target loss)

0%
0%

So this Whole 30 I want to add in a little challenge for myself.  I want to make sure each week I make one new thing I haven't tried.  I think first up is going to be this http://stupideasypaleo.com/2013/01/18/paleo-noodle-bowl/

I won't have mushrooms, cause I hate those ;)  I have some almond butter that is not sweetened, but it is crunchy.  I still have to pick up a few things for this still, but I think it looks like it will be good.

I'll have to figure out what new meal will be for week 2.  I know this week I'll be making some spaghetti sauce with spaghetti squash.  Since it is getting winter time, I might just try making a couple of new soups as well :)

the only thing i can recommend is to read up on the timeline, so that the various "symptoms" don't take you by surprise.  And the other thing - prep, prep, prep. It's the biggest thing.  If i hadn't had a menu plan (although not restrictive), i would've been screwed.  I planned it out once a week, bought the necessary groceries on a friday and then chose whichever meal each day i felt like eating.  I also made sure i had enough fruit and snacks in reserve for when i had a snack/sugar attack.  Prep saved my ass in W30.

I think having healthy snacks will be an important thing for me. And sounds like I'd better spend time Sunday getting some menus planned for next week! Thanks for the suggestions.

Human Ranger, Level 10
Long-term Goal: Hike WA section of Pacific Crest Trail, August 2014

Current Challenge | Facebook (personal & locavore) | Blog | Twitter

"You stand at the verge, and you could become anything." - Dan Chaon

Hey all! Yay, we're back at it! I did well after my whole30 added caffeine a little honey and 70% lindt chocolate-too much. stocked up on "allowed sweets" and found myself not eating enough fruits and veggies. I'm a little depressed and feeling not fabulous so back to whole30 with my ass! Here's my battle log script

okay. New challenge.

Fitness Quest: be vibrant, healthy, happy

Goals:

1. Playout at a park once a week ( scared about doing this in the cold, but I'm tired of excuses)

2 .bbww 3xweek still on 1 circuit :-(

3. Do my 2nd whole30-Thanksgiving will be straight Paleo but not whole30

4. Walk everyday (totally scared of this)

Life Quest: Master Paleo cooking (I love it)

1. make 3 kinds of sauces in frozen ice cube form for anytime

2. take food inventory and make weekly meal plan every week

3. cook all food before it goes bad- through away 0 raw greens

Fantasy Quest: Beat chronic fatigue-nothing has helped yet :-( :-( here's my pumpkin pie recipe it is based on nom nom paleo pumpkin custard

Pumpkin Pie

·         1-1/4 cup coconut milk

·         4 large eggs

·         ½ cup grade dates skinned and soaked

·         ¾ cup canned pumpkin puree

·         1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

·         ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg

·         ½ teaspoon vanilla extract

·         ¼ teaspoon kosher salt

·         ½ cup toasted coconut flakes (bake raw flakes in a single layer at 300 F for 3-5 minutes until golden brown)

Here’s how to make them:

preheat the oven to 325°F, and boil a full kettle of water.

Heat the coconut milk in a small saucepan over low heat until it’s steaming but not boiling.

Crack the eggs into a large bowl, add dates

whisk well.

Slowly add the warmed coconut milk to the egg and date mixture (a little bit at a time) and mix vigorously.

(Don’t be impatient and add the hot coconut milk all at once or you’ll end up with scrambled eggs!).

Toss in the pumpkin, spices, vanilla, and salt

stir until well-blended.

Pour into plantain lined pie plate

Baked for about 30 minutes (done when knife comes out clean and still jiggley in the middle

I did fried plantain crust just fry long thin slices of plantain and line a pie plate with it.

woo, woo! Here we go! :nevreness: 

per the challenge instructions here are my photos of motivation.

ok can't figure this out how do I put pictures here from my computer?

You can upload smaller ones here.  If you click on more reply options button, you can get a new button at the bottom that says Attach files.  I use my flickr account to upload pictures too also, then you can share it here too.  I also host pictures on my on website too. :)

Good luck everyone!!

My challenge

So I'm going to have to agree with Blaidd about the prep. For the first 2 weeks I needed extensive meal prep and planning, without it I would have failed. I mean I planned out the whole 6 weeks last challenge, Breakfast, Lunch & dinner and for me, that helped A LOT.  It gets easier to figure out what you need once you have some practice though. I found that making foods that freeze well also helped. If I forgot to make or buy ingredients and needed something quick I always had something frozen.  :)

As for snacks I needed them as well for the first 2 weeks when I was adjusting to my new foods. I liked unsweetened dried fruit, raisins, walnuts and a few of the larabars. There is a recipe for the larabars that I plan to make soon.

This time around, while I'm only doing a week, I didn't do any prep because I wanted to see if I could do it without. Some weeks I just can't find the time to plan so I want to make sure I know I can fly by the seat of my pants.   

Fitocracy  GoodReads  MyFitnessPal

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 2020: 1.20  - 2019: 1.19 l 2.19

2018: 1.18 l  2.18 l 3.18 l 4.18 l 5.18 l 6.18 l 7.18

2017: 1.17 I 2.17 I 3.17 I 4.17 I 5.17 l 6.17 l 7.17 l 8.17 I 9.17 l 10.17  

2016: 1.16 l 2.16 l DA v.1 l DA v.2 I DA v.2 Reloaded I DA v.3 I DA v.4 I 8.16 I 9.16 I DA v.5 I 11.16 

2012: 1 2013: 2 l 3 l 4 l 5 l 6 l 7 l 8 2014: 9 l 10 l Not Done Yet l Time to Conquer l  Conquering 

HFC for Life!

We always have room :)

Sent with awesomeness from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

My challenge

I finally was able to decide on my goals for this challenge.

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/40032-writingweavers-second-challenge/

I started the rebel strength guide again today (after an extra week off, boo) and I already feel great! How I miss lifting weights and feeling the burn ^_^ This is Day 1 for me on the Whole30 challenge as I slipped around Halloween and couldn't recover. Glad to be apart of this group once again!

Weight Loss. 195lbs -> 135lbs (60lbs target loss)

0%
0%

Well darn.  Couldn't find a few things for the first new meal i want to make.  So maybe I will go with crock pot jambalaya instead this week :)  http://www.foodrenegade.com/crockpot-jambalaya-recipe/  I have some local brand hot link type sausage I can buy to use in it.  Otherwise I have the rest of the ingredient

Well darn.  Couldn't find a few things for the first new meal i want to make.  So maybe I will go with crock pot jambalaya instead this week :)  http://www.foodrenegade.com/crockpot-jambalaya-recipe/  I have some local brand hot link type sausage I can buy to use in it.  Otherwise I have the rest of the ingredient

I made an awesome cashew chicken curry that was W30, last challenge.  It was so easy and yummy, you could definitely give it a go. Or the butternut lasagne (layers of mince, butternut, topped with egg to make a custard).  Let me know how the jambalaya tastes, cos i have been thinking about trying it.

So it was my first day and i barely ate.  For some reason i just didn't want to eat.  For lunch i had a few slices of watermelon (yeah watermelon season) - i don't often eat fruit during the week, but that's all i wanted.  For dinner jay took me to dinner and i had the most amazing smoked chicken salad - mmmmmmm - i wasn't even envious of jay's divine looking calzone.

My challenge

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines