Holding Whole30 v2.0

I wasn't much into eating today either.  Of course it might have been I got up so late, and was hurried off to get stuff done :)  I've have been thinking of making a chicken curry of some kind.  My wife makes one, but I know it had all the bad stuff in it ;)

Pallas Athena, that sounds delicious!

Sounds like everyone had a good start to the challenge and finding yummy food to make. What are your favourite recipes? I have a few meals planned, but it's difficult to cook for parents that are fussy with new things (and I'm trying to level up my cooking skills). Chicken Kiev, Chicken Marsala, Bacon, Avocado and chicken Salad (I'm seeing a theme here lol). May have to spread out those meals a bit... too much chicken might get boring fast. 

Weight Loss. 195lbs -> 135lbs (60lbs target loss)

0%
0%

BAH! I thought I had done so well today, but tonight I realized I had one slip. When I drink coffee, I usually add a little chocolate syrup to cut the bitterness. Tonight it suddenly struck me that I did that today--it's such a habit that I didn't even notice I was doing it. Boo. Must put something on the chocolate syrup bottle so I will notice if I start to do that again. (Can't just throw the stuff out because others in the family are still using it. It won't be tempting, though. I just need to make sure I don't grab it on automatic pilot.)

Anyone have any suggestions of what to substitute in my coffee? I know some people like a little butter in their coffee. I tried that once and wasn't blown away, but maybe ghee would work better. I just can't handle the acidity and bitterness of straight coffee. Maybe it's time to switch to tea.

Aaarrrr, so annoyed that I didn't even notice!!! Good learning experience, I guess...

Human Ranger, Level 10
Long-term Goal: Hike WA section of Pacific Crest Trail, August 2014

Current Challenge | Facebook (personal & locavore) | Blog | Twitter

"You stand at the verge, and you could become anything." - Dan Chaon

I completely failed for the first day. I caved at dinner time and had a meal that was very much NOT whole30 approved. I'm pushing my whole7 back a day and will end on Monday now. Not being prepared is apparently a no no for me. 

Fitocracy  GoodReads  MyFitnessPal

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 2020: 1.20  - 2019: 1.19 l 2.19

2018: 1.18 l  2.18 l 3.18 l 4.18 l 5.18 l 6.18 l 7.18

2017: 1.17 I 2.17 I 3.17 I 4.17 I 5.17 l 6.17 l 7.17 l 8.17 I 9.17 l 10.17  

2016: 1.16 l 2.16 l DA v.1 l DA v.2 I DA v.2 Reloaded I DA v.3 I DA v.4 I 8.16 I 9.16 I DA v.5 I 11.16 

2012: 1 2013: 2 l 3 l 4 l 5 l 6 l 7 l 8 2014: 9 l 10 l Not Done Yet l Time to Conquer l  Conquering 

HFC for Life!

Perfect day today. Two scrambled eggs with basil for breakfast. Dinner was an adaptation of a recipe Sambalina mentioned yesterday: a vegetable quiche that uses beef sausage as the crust. I used carrots, broccoli stems, and home canned tomatoes for the veggies mixed in with the eggs, and made the sausage, too, using ground beef and herbs. It. Was. Good! And beautiful, too.

Only bad part about today was coffee. I tried to use fruit to sweeten it and offset the bitter flavor of unadulterated coffee. I made some pear butter with just a little apple cider. The pear butter tasted fabulous, but when I put it in the coffee, it was really gross. Big fail.

I think I'm going to have to switch to caffeinated tea. Earl Grey. Hot. (Though I suppose green tea would be healthier.)

Human Ranger, Level 10

Your quiche sounds wonderful!

I had to give up coffee for the most part when I was doing Whole30. I drank it black 2x just because I was at a sports stadium, in the cold and rain and needed something to keep me warm since I couldn't have clam chowder or hot chocolate.

I ended up just giving up caffeine too because I'm not a fan of a lot of teas except a few decaf ones. Lol

Fitocracy  GoodReads  MyFitnessPal

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 2020: 1.20  - 2019: 1.19 l 2.19

2018: 1.18 l  2.18 l 3.18 l 4.18 l 5.18 l 6.18 l 7.18

2017: 1.17 I 2.17 I 3.17 I 4.17 I 5.17 l 6.17 l 7.17 l 8.17 I 9.17 l 10.17  

2016: 1.16 l 2.16 l DA v.1 l DA v.2 I DA v.2 Reloaded I DA v.3 I DA v.4 I 8.16 I 9.16 I DA v.5 I 11.16 

2012: 1 2013: 2 l 3 l 4 l 5 l 6 l 7 l 8 2014: 9 l 10 l Not Done Yet l Time to Conquer l  Conquering 

HFC for Life!

haven't given up my 70% Lindt chocolate. Don't know if I will. I'm not nearly as enthusiastic about whole30 this time around, but I said I would so I guess I need to take the hard hat challenge on this one and "Suck it up" Gotta cook greens today. and adjust my weekly meal plan. I wont be doing farmers market this weekend. Gotta take the kid to science club. Market always lights a spark in my soul about cooking and eating well. "do it anyway". Sleeping 3 or 4 hours a day in addition to 8 hours at night. That happens twice a month. The time is now. Oh did end up loosing 7 lbs last go. 2 more since the end. That is what I LOVE about Paleo. I drowned myself in bacon fat and lose weight.-"The sun'll come out tomorrow..." Just cheered myself right up thinking about bacon. :peaceful:

I'd like to join this group! I'm starting my second Whole30 tomorrow, have been WAY off track for at least two months now, not looking good.  I'd love some motivation please as I tend to lose interest after a few good days...

welcome :)

Half Faerie (Sidhe) Scout | Black Belt Kitchen Ninja
"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright
You're welcome to skype me (audriwolf) too but let me know who you are

My challenge

re: acid coffee. cold brew your coffee, easy and removes acid and bitter.

So, 49er, if I make cold brewed coffee, do I have to drink it cold, too? Can it be heated without the bitterness returning?

Human Ranger, Level 10

Well, I'm sad to say I am back on day 1 again for my whole30/Paleo challenge. Yesterday (Friday) was stressful and I broke down and had some pizza that the family ordered for dinner. Today everyone is in a foul mood at home and it's rubbing off on me (only been home for an hour or so). Hate it when that happens! Oh well, just have to move on. Anyway, how is everyone doing?

Weight Loss. 195lbs -> 135lbs (60lbs target loss)

0%
0%

And here it is

10896430406_d4b0ab848b_o.jpg

Turned out pretty good for me.  Too spicy for my wife.  I might have pulsed the cauliflower too small, but it was still fine.  I added shrimp in after since my wife hates seafood, but it ended up being too spicy for her anyway.
  • Like 1

Well, I think I had a little more liquid in mine then you are suppose to, and I pulsed the cauliflower too much I think.  They said you could serve it either way.  Over a cauliflower rice, or added in.  Mine is added in.  I was thinking it would probably be good over some spaghetti squash as well.

I'm definitely trying that jambalaya. It's on my list for this week.

I made an awesome orange chicken last night - forgot to take pics though, sorry.  Also i made an awesome BBQ breakfast for us :) I'll take photo's the next time i make it (I even made the cauli-rice in the pic).

"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright

My challenge

nice job avoiding that bread :)  Keep at it!

I'm definitely trying that jambalaya. It's on my list for this week.

I made an awesome orange chicken last night - forgot to take pics though, sorry.  Also i made an awesome BBQ breakfast for us :) I'll take photo's the next time i make it (I even made the cauli-rice in the pic).

Hmm that sounds excellent.  Might have to try some orange chicken myself. :)

Hey all. On day 18 of the whole 30 and things aren't good.  I really despise how they say you get 'tiger blood' because it's not that at all.  I'm not officially part of this group but I felt I should share:

Day 18 of Whole 30- Frustrated

I'm getting really sick of the food that I'm eating on the whole 30.  G/f s going through 'that time' so she's on edge and doesn't want to bother with the whole 30 anymore.  Just had a big arguement when everything was FINE about 5 minutes earlier. Ugggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I just want some take-out and my g/f stop caring about the whole 30 back on day 11. Just sitting there and talking about things we want to eat isn't helping.  Her throwing a hissy fit because we have food in the fridge isn't helping.  Getting angry at ME isn't helping.  I'm heating up an apple-chicken sausage and some shredded pork chops; as well as a steambag of broccoli and cauliflower.  Not what I want at all but once I commit to something- I'm DOING IT. I have 10 days left of this.

I never got the Tiger Blood either, but it did get easier.  Struggling through an emotional issue during W30 is quite something - trust me i went through a break up and reconciliation during my last week of W30.  But you stuck to it and you know what the reward will be.  And honestly what you're eating sounds divine by the way.  Why don't you shake it up a little - without compromising W30.  Why not go out for dinner, you can still eat W30 and your gf can have her meal (seeing as she's given up).

Plus you just have a few short days to get there.

My challenge

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines