• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Obitim

Deadlift Grip?

A mate of mine once tore a blokes bicep when demonstrating a jujitsu arm lock, the guy didn't tap out at all and told my friend to keep going, he then watched in horror as the guys bicep detached...horrible story!

A mate of mine once tore a blokes bicep when demonstrating a jujitsu arm lock, the guy didn't tap out at all and told my friend to keep going, he then watched in horror as the guys bicep detached...horrible story!

QR8zo5J.gif

It happens but its not very common. I just saw a video of it happening to a guy once and it scarred the shit out of me. 

I worked out with a guy with a huge divot in his forearm from a torn tendon...he didn't reposition when the bar rolled away on one side.  So I always worry about that and reset often. 

I use DOH for warmups, then alternate the alternates each working set. 

Not to bring up an old topic, but what do you do when even with switch grip, I'm having issues holding the weight?  Currently my plan is to throw in a load of forearm work, like Farmer's Walks and Rice Bucket Workouts, and to keep trying to pull as much I can.  Then do straps to get the DL numbers up.  That seem reasonable to others?  Appreciate any recommendations.  

I may also just reset my DL and do nothing but hook grip to try and get that down.  I've always thought my hands were just too small for hook, but reading things like this makes me think I need to just suck it up.

http://www.catalystathletics.com/blog/blog.php?blogID=1671

Try a lower weight and just do double over holds for time. Focus on squeezing. Once you hit a minute or so without your grip failing, add weight the next workout. I find transfers better to the deadlift than the neutral grip farmers walks give you.

i like just keeping doing DOH as heavy as i can into my working sets (1RM @ 195kg, can DOH 170kg... done it without chalk too!) then switching to alternate as it gets heavier, usually i train to a daily max and then knock back and do a load of heavy singles still with alternate grip (a couple of days ago my daily max was 190kg, when pyramiding up i hit DOH max with 170kg, then when i knocked back i did 170kg for 10 singles) if i knock back down for some properly lighter sets (i did 140kg x 8 (dead-stop)) i'll swap back to DOH