KingLeeroy's Castle Of Grind, Challenge 4.

GingaNinja

Hey Leeroy, you seem to have a lot going on with job searching and cheesecake! You're not nagging, nagging would be like "how many times have I told you to wash the dishes and yet here you sit watching TV, what is it with you, do I look like a walking-talking kitchen application here??"

Yeah... Ask for help, it's OK! :D

-:*~ Journal ~*:-

I wouldn't call the cheesecake a fail, since your intentions were good! You didn't know!! 

I definitely second this! You can't blame yourself and be hard on yourself for something you didn't know! That just adding unnecessary stress to yourself and generally not being fair on yourself either :(

And yeh, asking for help isn't nagging, so don't worry :)

Level 3 Human-Bear Hybrid Assasin Daily Battle Log

My Current Challenge

Nerds Assemble!

Past challenges 1,2

Thanks everyone, I know really I not being a nag, but thank you all for reassurance! 

I actually only got round to reading these this morning! I am sorry to complain, generally we make a good team and next week he said we'll tackle some of the other more of the mess together as he knows it has been stressing me out. I he is a bit like you guys AverageJoe and Tateman, he doesn't always realise. I think this is partly because mess doesn't bother him in the same way that it bothers me.

Flat inspection is done with and she seemed happy with it, the garden needs a lot of work though, it is a bit of a state so now it is a big job, but maybe I can rally some friends to help out before it gets way to cold.

Be More Ninja

Current Challenge

Instagram

Flat inspection is done with and she seemed happy with it, the garden needs a lot of work though, it is a bit of a state so now it is a big job, but maybe I can rally some friends to help out before it gets way to cold.

Hurah! Enjoy gardening! And if you get people to help, maybe you can have a paleo bbq afterwards? :D

-:*~ Journal ~*:-

Just wanted to throw my two cents in about "nagging" for help. Some guys (I'm one of them) don't realize that a chore needs to be done. And personally I'd rather my wife just say "could you pick up..." to remind me. It's better than quietly resenting me.

+1. no, +2.  My g/f will do something and then get pissed off at me a few hours later.  If you needed some help then just ASK for me to do a few dishes- it's not like I mind.  Laundry- I know I need to do and once the basket is more than half full, I start doing laundry.  Also if she's at work on a day when I'm not, I just do some random cleaning.  But I never NOTICE dishes or garbage.

And KingLeeroy, you said you played DS? 

Glad the inspection went well! At least gardening is great exercise? Definitely get it in now, before it's too cold!! Or, ya know, wait till spring. Either way ;)

Level 5 Human Ranger

with Monk-Druid Leanings

STR 12 | DEX 2 | STA 9 | CON 13.5 | WIS 7.25 | CHA 8.75

challenge 1 | challenge 2 | challenge 3 | challenge 4 current challenge 

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?"

Mary Oliver

+1. no, +2.  My g/f will do something and then get pissed off at me a few hours later.  If you needed some help then just ASK for me to do a few dishes- it's not like I mind.  Laundry- I know I need to do and once the basket is more than half full, I start doing laundry.  Also if she's at work on a day when I'm not, I just do some random cleaning.  But I never NOTICE dishes or garbage.

And KingLeeroy, you said you played DS? 

I have a DS lite so I am playing old stuff, a lot of people seem to be playing X and Y lately so I thought I'd continue were I left off with Heart Gold seen as I finished Far Cry 3 and I haven't really thought of what I want to play next. I am keen for Assassin's Creed Black Flag, I am a big AC fan.

Glad the inspection went well! At least gardening is great exercise? Definitely get it in now, before it's too cold!! Or, ya know, wait till spring. Either way ;)

Yeah, mostly it is the lawn that needs strimming and mowing, then I will probably put some lawn seed down maybe some lawn weed killer stuff, don't like using lots of chemicals but at least it should stop it becoming hard to deal with in the summer, the weather is mostly cold but sunny lately so would be good to sort it out soon then it won't really grow back.

I don't want to seem like I am totally hating on my bf but he did promise to sort it out in the summer and never did, so now it is fairly bad looking, also the wind means tons of rubbish just collects. I had a really bad leg still in summer so I kind of didn't do much to help either though. Sorted out my veg patch at least, that will need digging over for winter, also it is possible I have some parnsips really for picking!

Be More Ninja

Current Challenge

Instagram

Yum! What will you make with the parsnips? I love their sweetness in a creamy soup, but not sure what I'd do since dairy is out for me. I would think coconut milk would be a tasty substitution. 

Satyr -- Level 4

STR 11|DEX 4|STA 5|CON 7|WIS 10|CHA 4

“The voice in your head that says you can't do this is a LIAR."

How funny! Just as I posted my musing on parsnip soup, I got this Spartan Food of the Day recipe for Parsnip and Curry Soup in my email. Must be a sign!

Spartan FOD, 11.17.13
Food of the Day - Parsnips
Heavy in - Copper, Fiber, Vitamin C
Light on - Fat

Before cane sugar arrived in Europe, this close relative to the carrot was used in antiquity as a sweetener. Parsnips are flush with copper, providing 80 percent of your daily recommended value - helping you form hemoglobin and keeping your bones and nerves healthy.

Parsnip and Curry Soup
by 
Rose Marie Jarry, elite obstacle racer and master chef at Kronobar35 minutes8 servings
144 calories per serving
Vegan, gluten-free 

Ingredients:

• 4 cups of parsnips (cubed)
  • 2 cups of potatoes (cubed)
  • 1 sliced onion
  • 8 cups of vegetable broth
  • 3 tablespoons of curry powder
  • 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
  • Ground pepper
  • Salt

Directions

• Heat up the veggie broth in a big pot and add all veggies. Cover and cook on medium/high heat for 20-25 minutes.
  • When all the veggies are cooked and tender, blend or mix vigorously.
  • Salt and pepper to taste.

Satyr -- Level 4

STR 11|DEX 4|STA 5|CON 7|WIS 10|CHA 4

“The voice in your head that says you can't do this is a LIAR."

So I went on a big night our last night, went to a club were there was a sort of burlesque cabaret type thing, everyone got dressed up and it was really great. However, I knowingly ate a slice of pizza as I didn't plan and I knew there wouldn't be any time to eat once I was there,but it was a concious decision at least. This was an accident, but I went to the bar to order a drink and ordered a beer without thinking, I took a couple of sips but then gave the rest to my boyfriend when I realised. Overall it was really fun, got to break out a corset for the first time in ages and felt pretty good about myself. Did a lot of dancing and had good time all round.

I will do a full update later but I missed going to the gym a second time, which I am a little annoyed out myself about but I am going to try harder this week. Same with the wheat, I need to calculate it all up but I am certain I got my miles in. job stuff has done pretty well also. 

• Like 1

Be More Ninja

Current Challenge

Instagram

You have a veg patch, how awesome! What kind of veggies are you putting in there? Have you eaten your own produce before? 

I totally din't see this before, yeah it isn't very established, not had much from it, but a bunch of winter salad is ready. I have a bit more of a firm plan for next year.

Yum! What will you make with the parsnips? I love their sweetness in a creamy soup, but not sure what I'd do since dairy is out for me. I would think coconut milk would be a tasty substitution. 

No idea as of yet, I make soup alot with them or just roast them if I cook off a chicken

How funny! Just as I posted my musing on parsnip soup, I got this Spartan Food of the Day recipe for Parsnip and Curry Soup in my email. Must be a sign!

Spartan FOD, 11.17.13

Food of the Day - Parsnips

Heavy in - Copper, Fiber, Vitamin C

Light on - Fat

Before cane sugar arrived in Europe, this close relative to the carrot was used in antiquity as a sweetener. Parsnips are flush with copper, providing 80 percent of your daily recommended value - helping you form hemoglobin and keeping your bones and nerves healthy.

Parsnip and Curry Soup

by Rose Marie Jarry, elite obstacle racer and master chef at Kronobar35 minutes8 servings

144 calories per serving

Vegan, gluten-free 

Ingredients:

• 4 cups of parsnips (cubed)
  • 2 cups of potatoes (cubed)
  • 1 sliced onion
  • 8 cups of vegetable broth
  • 3 tablespoons of curry powder
  • 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
  • Ground pepper
  • Salt

Directions

• Heat up the veggie broth in a big pot and add all veggies. Cover and cook on medium/high heat for 20-25 minutes.
  • When all the veggies are cooked and tender, blend or mix vigorously.
  • Salt and pepper to taste.

This is similar for a recipe I make using sweet potato and butternut squash, if I have chicken stock I use that as well and coconut milk, was I talking about this with you already?

burlesque cabaret type thing

Ever check out MadHAtter's thread? She's all about that stuff.

No I haven't! In Adventurers?

Be More Ninja

Current Challenge

Instagram

It's really hard to go out and not slip a little! I just chalk it up to "we're not supposed to be perfect" and move on! :)

Scout - Level 15 Half-Elf Ranger

STR15 | DEX5.5 | STA17 | CON39.5 | WIS18 | CHA10.5 

Challenges: Current Challenge #18 | #17 Part 2 | #17#16#15#14#13#12 Part 2 | #12#11 | #10 | #9 | #8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 Part II | #4 | #3 | #2 | #1

My Blog | Facebook | My BeachBody | My NF Character

Spoiler

Lose 84 lbs (From 219 to 135): Current weight = 202.9

100%
19%

Walk to Mordor (Hobbiton to Mount Doom - 1779 miles) [so far: 1515.60 miles  - logged to 06/13/16

[progress=purple]85[/progress]

Thanks everyone, I know really I not being a nag, but thank you all for reassurance! 

I actually only got round to reading these this morning! I am sorry to complain, generally we make a good team and next week he said we'll tackle some of the other more of the mess together as he knows it has been stressing me out. I he is a bit like you guys AverageJoe and Tateman, he doesn't always realise. I think this is partly because mess doesn't bother him in the same way that it bothers me.

Good! Glad you realise you're not being a nag. My other half is a bit like AverageJoe - If I just ask generically "Help me around the house" he can't see the wood through the trees almost, and doesn't know what to do. Specific asks, like "Can you do the dishes please whilst I do the ironing?" or "If you empty the trash, I'll put the washing on" really helps. It means he has a specific instruction, and knows that I'm sharing the workload with him.

I hate flat inspections. Especially at my last place. The failed my flat on inspection because there were 'water marks on the shower'. No kidding!

Oh - ps - the cheesecake isn't a fail. Your intentions were spot on, and one lickle bit of cheesecake won't derail all the other work you've been doing!

Level 6 Pirate-Ninja Ranger

“If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude. Don’t complain.†~Maya Angelou

(STR - 12) (DEX - 8) (STA - 12) (CON - 14) (WIS - 12) (CHA - 8)

CHALLENGE 6: Neph Arrives fashionably late.

So I think I am getting a cold, boyfriend is already full of it, so I am hoping to kick it in the face. Soon I am going to eat some eggs and then head out to the gym to complete my physio exercises, want to wait until nearer lunch time, it being a Monday it will surely be pretty busy after people indulging too much over the weekend, but after missing a session I want to start off right, even if I don't get to the barbell rack I should do the other important stuff.

Spent yesterday feeling a little bit down and lethargic, it might just be a combination of a small hangover, booze reacting with my anti-depressants and feeling a bit of a cold coming on. Started reflecting on some bad things from my past, the good news is that I am signed up to go talk to a counsellor about the kind of services they provide at the LGBT centre. Heard a lot of good things about the counselling there so I am off to that on Wednesday, hoping to start a proper sessions soon. 

It's really hard to go out and not slip a little! I just chalk it up to "we're not supposed to be perfect" and move on! :)

Yep, I had a good day yesterday of bacon and eggs and veggie soup with some bits of cheese and salad on the side, it was good. I just need to not get hung up and do the best I can with the next meal. I have some salmon defrosting, so I hope I can make a big salad later to have with it.

assassins i believe.

Cool I shall do take a look! 

The burlesque adventure sounds like it was fun. Good luck with week 2!!

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Thanks AverageJoe, it was a really fun night, lots of good perving as well admittedly! 

Sounds like a good time :) At least you remembered before you drank too much of the beer.   :)

Yeah, I think it was because I was at a club and the choice is limited and it seems to make more sense to order a bottle of beer there than a gin and tonic, yeah the beer started making me feel bloated pretty much straight away, not comfy in a corset I can tell you.

Good! Glad you realise you're not being a nag. My other half is a bit like AverageJoe - If I just ask generically "Help me around the house" he can't see the wood through the trees almost, and doesn't know what to do. Specific asks, like "Can you do the dishes please whilst I do the ironing?" or "If you empty the trash, I'll put the washing on" really helps. It means he has a specific instruction, and knows that I'm sharing the workload with him.

I hate flat inspections. Especially at my last place. The failed my flat on inspection because there were 'water marks on the shower'. No kidding!

Oh - ps - the cheesecake isn't a fail. Your intentions were spot on, and one lickle bit of cheesecake won't derail all the other work you've been doing!

Thanks Neph, Yeah I usually ask him to do a specific thing, if I ask him something more general then it probably won't get done.

Mine is never usually to bad, they expect it to be lived in and they just give pointers to what needs sorting out, it means there are a couple of times a year the flat gets a really good clean. I mean we do give it a big clean anyway ever so often but there is always a room we probably avoid! Sorry to hear they failed you on it, the jerks!

I agree about the cheesecake it was an honest mistake (less can be said about the slice of pizza but I have moved on)!

• Like 1

Be More Ninja

Current Challenge

Instagram

Sounds like you had an awesome night for the Burly-Q, sounds like a fun time.

Can a Sexual Tyrannosaurus even do Barbell Squats? I mean...the arms alone make the visuals of the attempt...entertaining!

Don't fret about the tiny mistakes like the beer, you did better than I did. I got those potato skins without thinking,and then once I realized...I just kept going (didn't want them to go to waste and such). 

Race:Gamorrean | Class: Adventurer10

{STR:27.5||DEX:3||STA:27||CON:52.50||WIS:35.5||CHA:16.5}

Inventory: Belt of Dietary Willpower

Accountibilibuddies:Rogue Squadron

Challenges --> 1-->2-->3-->4-->5-->6-->7--> 8-->9-->Challenge 10(Current)

Logs: | Fitocracy | Measurements | My Fitness Pal

Reach 180 lbs from 225 lbs (currently 225 lbs)

4.44%
4.44%

Sounds like you had an awesome night for the Burly-Q, sounds like a fun time.

Can a Sexual Tyrannosaurus even do Barbell Squats? I mean...the arms alone make the visuals of the attempt...entertaining!

Don't fret about the tiny mistakes like the beer, you did better than I did. I got those potato skins without thinking,and then once I realized...I just kept going (didn't want them to go to waste and such). 

I saw a t-shirt online and it made me laugh so hard I always think about it when I think about squats http://www.spreadshirt.com/sexual-tyrannosaurus-lift-big-eat-big-mp-t-shirts-C3376A12328629#/detail/12328629

It is a funny visual though, I guess they could do body weight squats!

I am just glad I had my boyfriend to give it to or I would have drank the whole thing and feel uncomfortable all evening probably! Yeah I wouldn't want to waste the food especially if I ordered it out so don't feel bad about that, mmmmm potato skins.

Barbell squats are teh shit! 

I felt like a proper beast afterwards!

Be More Ninja

Current Challenge

Instagram

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines