My Little Pony - Staying on Target

Paisley

week 2 wrap up (and Sunday summary).

Well week two wasn't the best week....I blame the inlaws......too much wine, but at least I managed to get just about all my work outs in (just missed one day of handstands).  Still managed to get a lot of work done off my crafting list, but not much off the household list.

Day        Date

Sun       24/11/2013

Goal 1 - Lifting

Got all three lifting days in again this week so still on track for an A grade here.

Squats                                   Overhead Press                           Deadlift                               Days of Lifting

Sets   Reps  Weight               Sets     Reps   Weight             Sets   Reps   Weight             

(lb)                                             (lb)                                         (lb)                                                         

6

Goal 2a - Push Ups

after skipping Thursdays workout I did two back to back on Saturday and Sunday to make it up, so still on track for an A grade.

Set 1   Set 2   Set 3  Set 4   Set 5     No. of Days 

6         8       6       6           10            6

Goal 2b - Handstands

got some practice in today - working on form again so the holds aren't too ling - max 4 sec.  Missed one workout this week which does drop me to a B grade.  Hopefully I can make at least one 7 sec handstand this challenge to get back up to an A grade.

Max. Time      No of Days total

4                     13

Goal 3 - Food 

well yesterday was OK.  one glass of wine after dinner, a small piece of cake for afternoon tea and I had a tub of yoghurt for dessert.

I'm a bit worried about this goal.  The way its going at the moment I'm so far behind the curve - in line for an F grade, that I have moments of Oh bugger it I may as well just forget about it.  In order to combat that I think I'm going to change the way I grade this goal.  I'll grade weekly and just average.  so first week was 23 snacks, this week 26.

original grading was

A - <84 snacks
B - 85-96 snacks
c - 97-108 snacks
D - 109-120 points
F - >121 points

I'm going to change this to weekly grading

A - <14 snacks
B - 15-16 snacks
c - 17-18 snacks
D - 19-20 points
F - >21 points

so yes weeks 1 and 2 are F grades, But I now still have the chance to aim for a higher grade in the coming weeks rather than just minimizing the damage done on the first two.  I know this is all just semantics, but mind games can work in our favour sometimes...

No. of snacks   Cumulative total                            Iron tablets    Total days

3                      49                                             Yes                14

Goal 4 - Lifestyle

averaging 4 days a week so far, hopefully I can get this up a bit more in the coming weeks

Sleep by 10:30     No. of Days

yes                     8

Crafting done

pretty productive day Sunday

make coat for L
Remake my black pants
remake J's blue/green shirt -
did this Sunday
remake L's purple shirt - and this

remake L - pink and yellow shirt - added this and did it as well.
New shoes for me
knit slippers for me
knit slippers for friend

knit myself new top in red wool

finish scrap rug - finished crocheting this, just need to block it now so it holds its shape

New outside Christmas decoration -  got both Hermy and Rudolph finished.

stuff to sell in Y craft fair

green knitted top. - worked on this too.

Household improvements done

paint J's bedroom - did fill the holes in the new window frame ready for painting - not much but its a start.
paint our bedroom
curtains/blinds for our room
put up blinds in playroom
new curtains in lounge room
paint lounge room
new faucet downstairs bathroom
new vanity top for upstairs bathroom
door on closet in downstairs bathroom
flooring in downstairs foyer
paint guest bedroom
new windows Ls room, downstairs and lounge room

Level 6, Ranger

Challenge I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X Current Challenge

My Sewing Blog

whatever you need to do to keep from chucking your goal entirely! Sometimes we just need a way to keep from saying "it's ruined anyway so screw it!"

yep - just got to fool ourselves into doing the right thing....

so today was OK.  got my lifting in, food was a little...different, but I don't think too bad for a lifting day, small breakfast and lunch but made up for it with a big dinner. but it all evens out in the end.  We're heading out on a mini vacation tomorrow so we'll see how it goes eating well and trying to get the lifting in.  I'm thinking that I might have to lifting again tomorrow morning before we leave to get that in cause I doubt the hotels will have a squat rack....will try and make sure I get in the pushups and handstands though.

Day        Date

Mon       25/11/2013

Goal 1 - Lifting

had a good session this morning.  105lb on squats and managed 3 reps at 75 on bench which is my highest yet.

Squats                                   bench Press                           Barbell Rows                               Days of Lifting

Sets   Reps  Weight               Sets     Reps   Weight             Sets   Reps   Weight             

(lb)                                             (lb)                                         (lb)                                                         

1         5        50                      1         5           45                   1        5           45                                      7

1         5        65                      1         5           45                   1        5           45

1         5        75                      1         5           50                   1        5           55

1         5        85                      1         5           55                   1        5           65

1         3       105                     1         3           75                   1        3          80

1         8         75                     1         8           50                   1        8          50

Goal 2a - Push Ups

rest day

Set 1   Set 2   Set 3  Set 4   Set 5     No. of Days 

Goal 2b - Handstands

got some practice in today - working on form again so the holds aren't too long - max 4 sec.  Missed

Max. Time      No of Days total

4                     14

Goal 3 - Food 

one extra snack today - took the kids to frozen yogurt after parent teacher conferences - obviously a good report!

week 1 total - 23

week 2 total - 26

week3

No. of snacks   Cumulative total                            Iron tablets    Total days

1                         1                                            Yes                15

Goal 4 - Lifestyle

going right now

Sleep by 10:30     No. of Days

yes                     9

Crafting done

make coat for L

Remake my black pants

remake J's blue/green shirt

remake L's purple shirt

remake L - pink and yellow shirt

New shoes for me

knit slippers for me

knit slippers for friend

knit myself new top in red wool

finish scrap rug

New outside Christmas decoration

stuff to sell in Y craft fair

green knitted top. - worked on this this evening.

Household improvements done

paint J's bedroom -

paint our bedroom

curtains/blinds for our room

put up blinds in playroom

new curtains in lounge room

paint lounge room

new faucet downstairs bathroom

new vanity top for upstairs bathroom

door on closet in downstairs bathroom

flooring in downstairs foyer

paint guest bedroom

new windows Ls room, downstairs and lounge room

Level 6, Ranger

My Sewing Blog

OK back now.  I tried to update this thread last night but my computer was playing up and I finally just gave up.  So we'll start with a wrap up of last week.  Exercise wise not terrible, but food was not good.

Bugger this - the website wont allow me to cut and past my template in so this update is not going to be as pretty as usual.

Goal 1 -  Lifting.

well I actually managed to get all my workouts in during the week.  I did back to back days at the gym Monday and Tuesday before we left, then I did a mini workout in the hotel gym on the Friday, didn't manage my full squat workout but did everything.  So that's a total of 9 lifting sessions for the challenge still an A grade.

Goal 2 a - push ups

unfortunately I didn't get these in mos days.  I did one session on the Friday when I worked out and one session on Sunday when we were home but I'm still down one session.  Will try and make it up this week.  Total of 8 sessions which drops me back to a B grade, but I can make this up this week by doing push ups both Sat and Sunday.

Goal 2b - Handstands

Again I missed Wednesday Thursday and Saturday, but got them in on Friday.  Total of 17 days thus far for a B grade.

Goal 3 - Food

This is where things really fell down. I didn't even manage to count how many snacks (how do you count wine tasting and cuppa chups) so I've just taken the maximum 5 snacks a day each day which is probably fair enough.  total of 29 snacks and a F grade.

Iron tablets were taken every day so till doing well with that.

Goal 4a - sleeping

This one I did well with.  That's what sharing a bedroom with a 4 and a 6 year old does - means you're in bed and asleep before 9pm every night.  Defintiely feeling caught up on the sleep.  Up to 13/21 nights in bed by 10:30. 

Goal 4b crafting

Didn't really get much time for crafting whilst away  - some work on my green knitted shirt in the car on the way home is about it - nothing else crossed off the list.

Goal 4c - household work

did nothing on this either.

so this week wasn't the greatest, but it could have been a lot worse so I'm happy enough.  Hopefully I can get on top of the food for the last three weeks in the challenge.

Level 6, Ranger

My Sewing Blog

OK Monday done,  was better today - Hopefully I can keep this week going well.

goal 1 - lifting done

squats - ramping up to 3 @ 110

bench press - ramping up to 3 @ 75

Barbell rows - ramping up to 3 @ 85

was happy with how it went - also did a 5 min run to warm up did the full 5 min at under 9 min/mile which is a first.

goal 2a - push ups - not today

goal 2b - handstands - done during workout

goal 3 - food.  Had a bowl of icecream after dinner so one snack.  Also had a bowl of yogurt this evening but not sure whether to count it as a snack or not.  I knew as I was eating that my dinner wasn't big enough and was starving this evening so the food was obviously needed after a lifting day so thinking about not counting it.

goal 4 - worked on my green  shirt again - almost finished the body - hopefully by the end of the week, then just need to do the sleeves.  Also spent some time this afternoon making Christmas decorations with my daughter.  We made a little snowman from yarn - L rolled the yarn into balls to make the 3 snowballs whilst I crocheted the hat and scarf.  two knotted eyes and a pipecleaner nose and he's the cutest little snowman ever.

Level 6, Ranger

My Sewing Blog

well I still can't cut and paste for some reason - it's really starting to annoy me.  but anyway today was a good day.

goal 1 - not a lifting day - sill 10 days total.

goal 2a - push ups

did these this evening - total of 9 days

set 1    set 2    set  3    set 4      set 5

8           9          8          7            15

goal 2b - Handstands

I took a bunch of videos of these this evening to try and figure out why I'm not getting any better.  My diagnosis - My balance point is a lot further back than I think.  My legs need to be past vertical otherwise I just fall straight back down.  I blame the boobs! got to balance them out.  Hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to put my theories into practice and start getting those totals higher.

I've tried to add a video of the handstands but it probably wont work. (it's long and boring, but I did cut it down from 7 mins to 2 so that's something)

http://youtu.be/fNVNZ7PEtoc

goal 3 - food

doing good no snacks today.  Iron tablet taken.

goal 4a - sleeping

was 10:45 before I got to bed last night - close but no cigar.  still at 13

goal 4b - crafting - nothing today

goal 4c - household stuff - nothing

Level 6, Ranger

My Sewing Blog

Something I noticed around :30 - :40 mark: those handstands are good, but you look a little loosy-goosy. Try tightening up your core/butt. For the handstands against the wall, get your hands closer to the wall so you're not going past vertical. (previous gymnastics experience speaking) :)

Level 11 Unicorn Ranger

Current Challenge

Previous Challenges 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

“Decorum is highly overrated and probably causes cancer.”  ~ Jenny Lawson

ChickyMonkey - thanks for that - it's always the core - I really need to do more work on that.

wovercast - travelling with 1 year old - that's always fun - but at least they're with you this time.  Hope your having fun and still getting your workouts in.

LoD - Thanks - Good days are...well good...I just need more of them.

Today was another pretty good day - was really good till 9pm tonight when I caved and snacked - bowl o ice cream, a couple of Hersey kisses and a tootsie roll - feel bleurg now but at least it stopped e from eating.  The good thing is that's the first snack for the day - and for a lifting day that's pretty good - I'm allowed one snack on lifting days - its meant to be healthy though.  But either way I'm just taking this as one snack.

So Goal 1 -  lifting

Easy squats 4 sets ramping up to 85lb

OHP - 3 sets at 45lb, then I upped it to 50lb  Managed three good one and one push press, then dropped it back to 45lb and finished off 2 reps.

Deadlifts - 5@ 110lb, 5 @ 125, 5 @ 145, 5@ 165.  was really hard but felt good.  was happy with the workout today

Goal 2a - pushups

nothing

Goal 2b - Handstands

practiced at end of workout.  Max 4-5 sec again.

goal 3 - food

as above 1 snack for today - Total of 2 for the week.

iron tablet taken

goal 4a - going now - should be in bed by 10:30 - day 14

goal 4b - crafting - did some more knitting on my shirt - almost finished the body 10 rows to go, then just need to do the sleeves.

goal 4c - household - nothing off list, but I did get all the outside Christmas decorations up today, plus cleaned half the house.

• Like 1

Level 6, Ranger

My Sewing Blog

Oops missed my update yesterday, lucky I'm also tracking in a spreadsheet or I could never remember from one day to the next what 've done and what I haven't.

So yesterdays wrap up.

goal 1 - no lifting

goal 2a - push ups done

set 1     set 2     set 3      set 4       set 5

8           10         8           8             15

These felt pretty good.

goal 2b - handstands - done 21 days total

still stuck at 4 sec, but feeling a bit stronger with all the helpful hints and trying to really work on the form.

goal 3 - food

2 snacks - made choc chip peanut butter cookie for the kids after school and had two...can't remember the other snack.

goal 4a - sleep - nope was 11:30 before I got to be last night

goal 4b - crafting - still working on the green shirt

goal 4b - household stuff - nothing

Today I did lifting

squat rack was in use when I got there so I started with bench press, this was good as I finally made 5 reps at 75lb.  was very happy with that - the last two reps were pretty terrible form wise but I did them.

squats weren't so good, 5 @ 55, 5 @ 70, 5 @ 85, 5 @ 95, last set was meant to be 5 @110 but I failed after the third rep.  Tried again and failed after the first rep.  I dropped it back to 105 and managed 5 but needed to balance myself with my hands on just about all of them.  Core was really feeling weak, legs didn't eve have a chance I couldn't keep my body upright.  Need to work on that again.

after a bit of soul searching I've decided to modify my lifting progam a little.  As its written I'm meant to do barbell rows two days a week - well I hate barbell rows - they're boring and too easy to half ass them so I've decided I'll keep doing them one days a week, but on Fridays I'm going to work on power cleans (or in this case hang cleans). so I did 3 sets of 5 @ 45 to try and get the form, the 5 @ 50, 5 @ 55 and 5 @60.

handstands were done before my workout today - managed a 5 sec again so I think the effort to work on form is finally paying off.

food is doing OK so far.  1 snack cause I made and drank eggnog with the kids this afternoon.  I'm going to try and be good again tonight as we're having people over tomorrow and I know its going to be a bad night, lots of drinks and probably some nibblies as well.

Level 6, Ranger

My Sewing Blog

well totally missed the end of last week.  so I'll add a quick summary to bring the thread up to date.

Goal 1 - Lifting

Got in my 13th lifting session yesterday

Squats

5@55

5@70

5@85

5@ 95

3@110

8@85

form is feeling off still.  Will add in some overhead squats tomorrow to try and build up my core.

bench

5@45

5@50

5@55

5@60

3@80

8@60

was very happy with that 80 lift - will see how we go on Friday with a full set of 5

Rows

5@45

5@55

5@65

5@75

3@90

8@65

still on track for an A grade for this goal

goal 2a - push ups

Got these in on Saturday but skipped the Sunday make up session I had planned (had a big night Saturday night and really wasn't feeling up to anything Sunday.  Did them again tonight so still on track for a B grade, but hopefully I can get that make up session in this week to get back up to an A grade.

date    set 1    set 2     set 3     set 4      set 5   

dec 7    9           10        9             8          16

dec 10  9            11       9             9           18

goal 2b - handstands

got these in on Saturday Monday ad today but skipped Sunday again - see excuse above.

feeling a bit better on these back up to 6 sec holds - still striving for that elusive 7.

goal 3

Sat - well food was pretty good, only one snack of crackers and cheese in the afternoon......alcohol however wasn't so good.  technically it was only 5 or 6 drinks but urghhhhh haven't felt that bad since...well probably since uni.  I blame the blackberries in the moonshine.  taking the full 5 points for the day.

Sunday - well the hangover wasn't fun so food was whatever would stay down.  coke to settle the stomach - another full 5 points day. 

This brought me to a total of 16 points for the week a B grade - much better than my other F grades.

Yesterday was OK but three point were acculated in the evening with ice cream chocolate and something else.  Today is two points - frozen yoghurt this afternoon and chocolate for dessert.  5 points already for the week.

Side goal

Iron tablets - all taken except Sunday - was feeling too queasy to attempt it.

goal 4a - sleep by 10:30

Sat - nope

sun - nope

Mon - yep

Tues - doesn't look like it.  Need to finish this - finish making the yoghurt then can head to bed.

goal 4b - crafting

sat - nothing

sun - nothing

mon - started a scarf for daughter to give to her teacher

tue - more work on scarves

goal 4c - household work

nothing

Level 6, Ranger

My Sewing Blog

Argghhhhh, another week down the drain.  this challenge is not going so well. but anyway here's the wrap up for the week.

Goal 1 - Lifting

This is still going well - the only goal that really is.  Got all three lifting days in again - All lifts are still getting stronger - got another 3 bench presses at 80lb (although I couldn't do the 5 I ws supposed to).  Got the 5 squats at 110lb this week,  did 8 overhead presses at 50lb and 5 deadlifts at 170lb.

Total lifting day 15  - Still on track for an A grade here.

goal 2a - push ups

nope these not going so well - I don't know why - every morning I plan to do them then I just never do.  I got them in Tuesday, but missed Thursday Sat and Sun.  Total days  still sitting at 12 - could still get a B for this if I get back on track.

goal 2b - handstands

still doing them on workout days but not on off days. total of 27 days total.  Can still make a B grade if the last week is good.

goal 3 - food.

a bit up and down this week.  A couple of bad days and a couple of good days - a total of 20 points for the week which is a D grade but at least its not an F.

iron tablets - still going strong with these all iron tablets taken this week for a total of 34 out of 35 days.

goal 4a - sleep

only managed two nights this week for a total  of 16 days...not too great - but I do think about it every night which is an improvement.

goal 4b - crafting

spent all week working on the scarfs for the teachers presents - just need to finish off the last one then I can go back to my list.

goal 4c - household work - nothing all week.

so I'm happy to report that I believe the lifting is a habit now -  I don't even have to think about it - I just know I'm going every Mon Wed and Fri.  yeah for habits.  will continue to work on the rest of it.

Level 6, Ranger

My Sewing Blog

OK so the last week of this challenge was pretty much a waste.  Monday started out bad - went to go to the gym Monday morning and the car wouldn't start so that was the first and only workout missed.  I did get my workouts in Wednesday and Friday which was good, but everything else was crap.  sp final challenge wrap up.

Goal 1 - lifting

I missed only 1 workout session for the challenge - due to car malfunction - for a total of 17 workouts.  Technically a B grade but I'm very happy with that.  The only goal I can say I actually hit.

goal 2a - push ups

well I didn't finish my workout progression and I didn't make my 50 push ups goal but I did get in 12 of my workouts which is a B grade.  Pretty happy with that but could have done better.

goal 2b - handstands

again didn't finish my workouts and didn't make my goal of 10 sec so not overly happy.  I got a total of 29 points for this goal which is a C grade - seems about right for what I managed.

goal 3 - food

can pretty much say I failed this goal.  another week of F grade which gives me. 4 F's a D and a B.....that's still an F average.  needs work.

side goal - iron tablets - well I did miss one or two days so that's an F grade but I'm still pretty happy with this - I've done pretty well remembering these for a change.

goal 4a - sleep

about 16 or 17 days out of a total of 42 - not great - but at least I think about it every night so that's an improvement.

goal 4b - crafting

well I manged to cross a few things off my list  - pretty happy with this - still focusing on doing the crafty work so that's all good.

goal 4b - household works

manged to cross one or two things off the list but not much - need to do more work but wont get around to it for a while now.

over all not my greatest challenge but I'm still happy enough with how things are going.  just need to get the diet back under control.

Level 6, Ranger

My Sewing Blog

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines