Lilbichy level 3 version 2.0

lilbichy

I pretty much failed the last challenge and went in to a sort of zombie state, just passing the time, no motivation, no real goals.  Well it’s time to kick that attitude to the curb and retry this level! 

I also have the goal to look great for my company holiday party December 14th.  Maybe this year I can scrounge up a date!  LOL

I am going to keep my goals a bit more simply this time, mostly focusing on the food portion since that seems to be my major weakness. 

Goal #1 – Eat clean.  (+2CON, +2STA) I love the way I feel when I am eating Paleo, but I always seem to fall off the wagon and binge with a box of cookies after the 3rd or 4th day, all to start over again.  Unfortunately this latest box(es) of cookies has lasted over 2 weeks.  I feel completely icky and can tell a huge difference.  

Grading, each day is worth 1 point, .25 point for each meal and .25 point for snacks, for a total of 42 points.

Thanksgiving will be a “just be smart†day since I know my family will not have much Paleo type food.  Also my holiday party will be the same concept.

Goal #2 – cut the crappy fake sugars!  (+2 CON) I know this goes hand in hand with the first goal but I feel this also needs to be one on its own.  No more Diet Soda (and Energy Drinks) or Sugar Free Gum.   I feel bad for the people close to me, deal with my bad breath!  LOL JKJK =)

Grading, each day worth 1 point, .5 for no gum and .5 for no soda, for a total of 42 points.

Goal #3 – Basic workout.  (+2 STR, +3 DEX)  I tend to overcomplicate things and try to make my workouts super crazy.  Instead this goal is simple, 2 days a week cardio, 2 days a week weights, 1 day a week stretching.  Easy peasy!  I did get some resistance bands that I will be trying out, yays!

Grading, each worth 1 point for a total of 30 points.

Goal #4 – Life, deal with it!  (+2 WIS, +2 CHA) I hide.  I know I do.  If something is difficult, I try not to do it.  There are some challenges I need to face.   I need to stand up for myself more.   On an older challenge I did work on a self-help workbook.  I stopped after the challenge.  I need to get back in to this.  I need to spend 1 hour per week working on the workbook and daily exercises from the workbook.   The exercises mostly entail daily to-do lists, journaling, etc. 

Grading, each week is worth 1 point.

Speaking of to-do lists……. Side quest!  Do extra around the house every week.  I have projects I have put off.  Each week I will work on these projects, doing one per week.  I even broke down the major one so it wouldn’t feel overwhelming with how much needed to be done.

Wooooot! Good luck! You have done it before therefore you can do it again. I also have some things I need to get off my butt and get done around the house. Your first lol :)

StealingCovert

Soon to be hero Level 0 

STR 0 | DEX 0 | STA 0 | CON 0 | WIS 0 | CHA 0

--The Road--

You can't relate to a superhero, to a superman, but you can identify with a real man who in times of crisis draws forth some extraordinary quality from within himself and triumphs but only after a struggle. ~Timothy Dalton

Are you starting your workouts and goals now or waiting till the 11th?

StealingCovert

Soon to be hero Level 0 

STR 0 | DEX 0 | STA 0 | CON 0 | WIS 0 | CHA 0

--The Road--

You can't relate to a superhero, to a superman, but you can identify with a real man who in times of crisis draws forth some extraordinary quality from within himself and triumphs but only after a struggle. ~Timothy Dalton

I love the way I feel when I am eating Paleo, but I always seem to fall off the wagon and binge with a box of cookies after the 3rd or 4th day, all to start over again.  Unfortunately this latest box(es) of cookies has lasted over 2 weeks.  I feel completely icky and can tell a huge difference.  

Yeah, it seems that after 3 days of detox, you start to get intense cravings and it gets really hard to curb it.  I'm doing whole 30 this challenge and did one last challenge. It's a huge eye opener.  Once you take a step back and realize you're fuming mad over not having chinese food- it really puts things in perspective.  If this food wasn't bad for me, would I want to throw a chair?  So since I DO feel this way, I should keep it out of my system.

Sugar and caffiene really are legalized drugs.

For my workouts, I use a 20 pound sledgehammer and use my 250 pound tractor tire for pushups.  I've found that having a smaller 'base' workout and then tacking on some stuff I feel like doing really revitalizes exercise. It's not , "ok, now I HAVE to do this, and then this, and then this."  It's a mindset change.  I'll be attempting to make a tornado ball and kettelbells this weekend.

I will start my goals on Monday.  I have a bad habit of not taking rest days from the gym so I am forcing myself to take a couple this weekend, then I can hit it hard again Monday.

I had debated on doing a whole30 but with Thanksgiving coming up, I knew that day would break it.  My family does not do the healthy eating thing too well.  I force them to occasionally though. 

See that failing thing? that doesnt happen in the Fanatics, we pick you right back up again :D

Followed and watching :D

"If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself, but to your estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment"

- Marcus Aurelius

I had debated on doing a whole30 but with Thanksgiving coming up, I knew that day would break it.  My family does not do the healthy eating thing too well.  I force them to occasionally though. 

That's why I started early. with thanksgiving coming late this year, I'll be on day 28 on thanksgiving.  I'll give myself to cheat that day IF I REALLY WANT TO, but if it doesn't seem like something insanely good- I'll wait 2 days.

Great goals and good for you to keep trying. I am on challenge 4 and failed on the last 2. Let's not use that word fail. "Show me a man who has never failed, and I'll show you a man who has never tried." Not sure who said that?

• Like 1

Satyr -- Level 4

STR 11|DEX 4|STA 5|CON 7|WIS 10|CHA 4

“The voice in your head that says you can't do this is a LIAR."

Goal #1 – Eat clean.  (+2CON, +2STA) I love the way I feel when I am eating Paleo, but I always seem to fall off the wagon and binge with a box of cookies after the 3rd or 4th day, all to start over again.  Unfortunately this latest box(es) of cookies has lasted over 2 weeks.  I feel completely icky and can tell a huge difference. 

YUUUUUUP. I'm with you on this. But, it is totally possible, and I know you'll get to a better routine. Subbed!

Day 1 is going awesome!  I finally got through reading other people's NF threads and will update mine.  Workout was good, although actually tracking it made me feel kind of weak.  LOL  I only do the machines and know if I did free weights, I would get so much more out of a workout.  I was also able to do my workout without chewing gum!  I had myself convinced I needed gum to workout. 

Meals are going good, which they do during the day, its when I get home that I typically lose all control.  I did have strong urge for something sweet after lunch, but I was able to avoid the diet soda.

I have done most of the items on my to do list for today and even had to do some extra.  Life happens deal with it!   Last week I was having a pity party.  Tuesday I had to put one of my dogs down and then on Wednesday morning my car was broken in to @ the gym, my stomach still cringes every time I leave expecting to see my window shattered again.  The meaniehead got my purse, which had my wallet with License, SS card, Debit card, and like $10 cash.  One of my to do's for today was to figure check book, which I have been putting off during my pity party.  While looking at bank statement online, i saw that the meaniehead had gotten a card purchase in before I had it canceled.  $50 tank of gas =(.  I really didnt want to call bank but I sucked it up and called.  While on the phone the lady said since the person had my ID, I needed to be worried about my account in general and suggested I put a freeze on account.  *sigh*  At first I freaked out but then I took a few breaths and decided I really should take her advice.  All precautions are taken and I dealt with it up front instead of playing clean up later.  I should get a call tomorrow from their fraud department to see what steps to take next.  On a side happy note.... this has given me hope that maybe the jerkface will be caught.  Maybe, just maybe, that gas station will have a camera!  I has hope!

OK that pity party sounds fully justified.  Stupid thief!  glad you got in and got everything sorted in short order, hopefully he will be caught.

Good work on the workout - and yeah on the not needing gum.  Stay strong this evening.

Going to second everything here. And I totally get not wanting to call the bank; it's so weird how things that totally aren't our fault can be so embarrassing. Good for you for getting it dealt with!!!!

Hobbit Ranger seeking balance (and cookies)

Current Challenge

Fantastic First day, Lilbichy! that sucks having your stuff stolen, but you are DEFINITELY better off sucking it up and calling the bank now than later. If I could, I'd go with you on your work thing, a nerd in need is a friend indeed!

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

My daughter's identity got stolen, too. They made off with several hundred dollars from her bank account. Never caught (they were smarter than the person who has yours, apparently, and just got cash--not hard to cover their face at an ATM).

Anyway, hope the bugger gets caught. I think you made good choices about how to handle it. It's a big hassle, but you'll have less risk in the long run. And brava for you for sticking with the program today anyway despite the stresses!

Human Ranger, Level 10
Long-term Goal: Hike WA section of Pacific Crest Trail, August 2014

Current Challenge | Facebook (personal & locavore) | Blog | Twitter

"You stand at the verge, and you could become anything." - Dan Chaon

Imagine the thief when you work out, that way you have something to punch :3

Good job, lilbichy! Good to see a nice strong start - but can you post details of your workouts? I like seeing what people are doing :D

"If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself, but to your estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment"

- Marcus Aurelius

I have been keeping track of my food/exercise in the battle log section - My battlelog   I figured people didnt want all the clutter in here.

I was actually told by my coworker that I am one of the happiest people he knows.  Which he finds funny since I dress in dark clothes, have darker hair now, and sit in my office in the dark.  Then you talk to me and im all cheerful, have my walls covered in my little pony and very colorful personality.

Huge success last night.  I was able to sit, watch TV and not mindlessly snack on crap!  No sodas, no gum, no sugar.  =)  day 1 success!  day 2 will be just as great!!

• Like 1

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines