therealkat says USE SOAP.

thekatisalie

fight-club_592x299.jpg

Some of you know I am in a battle with myself right now. I thought the theme with Fight Club for this challenge was perfect. My favorite author, one of my favorite movies, and some really hard-ass looking at myself… THIS is my motivation. I am in my own personal fight club to keep myself accountable, finally make progress, and quit hating myself for everything I am not. I hope this challenge marks a turning point for me. I hope this is the beginning of the end. I am adding positive and negative points in this challenge – something new. The threat of losing points has motivated me in the past… so hopefully this continues to help.

Main Goal: Lose 5 pounds. It doesn’t seem like a lot, but it will be the most I have lost in months. I’ve been maintaining throughout the last three challenges, hovering at 162-165. The first step to losing 20lbs is losing the first five.

Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken.

Goal 1: Talk the talk, walk the walk. Get back to meal planning and clean eating. You can do this. You did this during the summer and it went great. Find hearty clean soups. Low calorie, filling root veggie dishes. Eat what will fill your soul and nourish your body. No more McDonald’s or Burger King because you’re stressed and you need comfort. You will feel better when you eat better.

1 point per planned meal. -1 point for quick options like eating out or vending machine snacks. (126 max points)

Recycling and speed-limits are bullshit. They're like someone who quits smoking on his deathbed.

Goal 2: Get healthy now. Run. Train. Lift. Do. Make the gym a priority. Three times a week. No excuses. If you are not at the gym three times a week, remember you are paying MORE for your membership. Leave work on time. Go to the gym. Scan that card three times, and no less.

1 point per gym visit. 1 extra point for extra visits. -1 point for each day of the required 3 missed per week. (18 max points, plus extra credit)

giphy.gif

Generations have been working in jobs they hate, just so they can buy shit they don't really need.

Life Quest: Get that damned credit card under control and start moving on. Manage your money better. Make four small payments throughout the month, rather than one big one with each paycheck… and then being broke until the next paycheck, forcing you to use your card again. Quit buying things you think you need. Manage compulsion. Manage impulse. Think about the purchases being made.

1 point per payment. -1 point per use of card. (12 max points)

If you don't know what you want, you end up with a lot you don't.

Side Quest: Meditate. Journal positivity. Send out the energy you wish to receive back from the world. Knock off the woe-is-me, I can’t do this bullshit. Yes, you can. Yes, you will. Believe it and then be it. Vanquishing the negativity is a MUST. There is no room for it in your life anymore.

1 point per meditation. 3 points available per week. (18 max points)

I am Jack's smirking revenge.

Goal 3: Track in My Fitness Pal every day. Every day. EVERY DAY. Enough said.

1 point per day tracked. -1 point per day not tracked. (42 max points)

216 Points Total for Challenge

36 Point Per Week

A – 27-36

B –21-26

C – 14-20

D – 8-14

F – 0-7

Week One :: 33/A

Week Two :: /

Week Three :: /

Week Four :: /

Week Five :: /
Week Six :: /

Total Points :: /

Final Grade ::

And remember the first rule of Fight Club:

tumblr_lxro1gY8dw1r7nckko1_500.gif

• Like 2

Level 24 Frost Archer ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ

Current Challenge: therealkat :: a witty challenge title appears!

MyFitnessPal || Strava || Endomondo || SmashRun || Twitch

I Instagram. I tweet. I cosplay. And I'm on Facebook

So excited for this challenge.  I will be breaking the first rule, however and talking to you every day to make sure you're on track.  These are great goals that are obtainable.  You've got this!

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

Hahaha! I am counting on it. Hopefully there won't be much pushing and I'll handle this all like a champ. I do like that we plan to babysit one another, though! WE GOT THIS!

Yes.  Yes we do.

Let's do this!

tumblr_m3nwb75ghm1qj5ps7o1_500.gif

• Like 1

Level 2 Warforged Druid

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

You're gonna do great!  You can really feel your spirit coming through your post.  You got this, and we're here to help along the way.  :)

• Like 1

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." --GK Chesterton

Domine, non sum dignus ut intres sub tectum meum, sed tantum dic verbo et sanabitur anima mea...

http://www.facebook.com/#!/jbaileysewell

Yes.  Yes we do.

Let's do this!

tumblr_m3nwb75ghm1qj5ps7o1_500.gif

I assume in this scenario I am the Black Widow. This makes me happy.

You're gonna do great!  You can really feel your spirit coming through your post.  You got this, and we're here to help along the way.   :)

Thank you so much! I am so determined this time around. In the immortal words of Doge,

Much success.

Wow.

Such determined.

We rock this challenge.

I assume in this scenario I am the Black Widow. This makes me happy.

Sure, this time

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Love the theme of your challenge! :) Subbed!

Have you considered paying off your credit card instantly, for every transaction you put on it? It's really helped me - once I make a purchase, no matter how small, I open up my mobile app and send a transfer off to the credit card. Then, the money that I've spent already is out of sight, out of mind!

sicil

Level 4 Xeph Assassin

STR 6.5 | DEX 15 | STA 12 | CON 10.5 | WIS 9.5 | CHA 8.5

Current Challenge: Lucky In Love

#4 Finding Zen#3: Preparations For Battle | #2: Ninja School | #1: Lapsed Ninja

"You're welcome on my boat. God ain't." - Firefly

Thank you! Well... first I have to get the amount down. Then I would say yes -- I would like to pay weekly for any transactions made. My actual goal is to pay it off and then get rid of it entirely.

You may want to hold onto it if you want to buy a house someday.  It sounds bass akwards, but not having lines of credit open can hurt you if you go to apply for a home loan or something similar.  It's craziness.

If that's not a plan, then go for getting rid of it.  I would love to destroy our card, but right now, we need the back up.  

Level 2 Warforged Druid

great sounding challenge you've got going this time.  I like the idea of negative points.  should really keep you on track. 

You may want to hold onto it if you want to buy a house someday.  It sounds bass akwards, but not having lines of credit open can hurt you if you go to apply for a home loan or something similar.  It's craziness.

If that's not a plan, then go for getting rid of it.  I would love to destroy our card, but right now, we need the back up.  

Yeah- its totally stupid but that is the way it works.  I know I wasn't allowed to have my name on our mortgage when we first moved here cause I couldn't show three lines of credit.  I mean damn, paying for everything upfront makes you a credit risk in this country....go figure!

Level 6, Ranger

Challenge I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X Current Challenge

My Sewing Blog

My card is under lock and key, literally. Not having my cards on me makes me have to rely on having the money on me and really think about if a purchase is worth having to walk home and back to the mall (or where ever).

It was the best feeling ever when I paid it off from starting at maxed and now having a zero balance. Like, I cried because I knew I wasn't going to pay hundreds of dollars this year in interest.

You're going to feel that because you're a champ, just like me. We roll with the punches then after we get up ask for another one. No matter what life throws, we just have to get up and try again.

*jazz hands*

Race: Dwarf Class: Ranger Level: 3

STR: 9 | DEX: 7 | STA: 9 | CON: 6 | WIS: 9 | CHA: 8

Current-5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

When you can't run, you crawl, and when you can't crawl - when you can't do that... You find someone to carry you

You guys are great! Luckily, we bought a house last year, so I don't really need it anymore. Our finance guy suggested keeping like one monthly transaction on it to keep our scores high fro if we ever move, sell, or buy a car... So I wanted to do that but bam. Debt. I plan to - as of day one - remove the card form my wallet. I have one more purchase I literally HAVE to make for my side business to get it off the ground, and I will make it today and then IT IS GONE.

I keep reminding myself this is the poorest I will be in my life (at least we hope...) so this is just one hurdle to get over. And then stay over.

This is brilliant. I know you weren't happy at the end of last challenge, but I'm so happy to see you stand back and take a good look at what you're doing/not doing. Way to take responsibility for your actions! I'm excited to follow along!

Also, I hear you on the CC thing. I refused to even get a CC for the longest time because I was afraid I'd go completely out of control. I finally got one for "emergencies" and did exactly what I thought I would. It's just so easy to reach for it to fulfill that "I want what I want when I want it" feeling. Gah!

You got this! :D

Level 11 Unicorn Ranger

Current Challenge

Previous Challenges 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

“Decorum is highly overrated and probably causes cancer.”  ~ Jenny Lawson

Pre-challenge update! I just made my meals for the first three days. Since clean eating is back on the docket, I made up a quick recipe using products from Trader Joe's, all with ingredients that are pronounceable and non-processed. I'm pretty excited. It's Isreali couscous with coconut oil sauteed mushrooms, roasted tomatos, olive tapenade and artichoke hearts. Mmmm. I just need to remember to get my protein in every day and I shoud be good!

Also, I had a fun little meet up with Jitters last night and we are full on going to keep each other accountable. I am so determined this time around!

This. Is. Awesome!!! I am jacks subscribed thread!

All your goals are amazing..I was going to say good luck but that's not right...

How about kick some ass and take names!! I like the point method of goal tracking too it seems so much better than pass/fail method because you see your progress

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Level 4 Dragonborn Ranger
STR 5 |STA 4 | INT 2 | WIS 1 | CON 7 | CHA 5

Level 1 | Level 2 | Level 3 | Level 4

I am a slut for olives ;) My hubs has brought home care packages from the market olive bar for me to cheer me up!

I really appreciate the encouragement, guys! I am so ready to start taking some names tomorrow.

I am going to try a mid morning protein shake to try and keep my protein intake up, since I know I often am way too low in that category.

Best of luck Kat! I want to see you succeed this challenge. As far as credit cards go, I take the opposite approach from most of the advice I have seen here. I put EVERYTHING on my card. Gas, groceries, all my bills, work expenses etc. But I pay it all off every month. At the end of the year I get a nice big cash back check. It takes discipline, but you definitely come out ahead if you work the card and bank to your advantage...

• Like 1

Let's go first day.  Got breakfast and lunch (what I brought in) logged in already.  Keeping my eye on you now.  It's on!

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Thanks, wover! If I continue to use my card after paying it off, this is what I want to do... I know what my weekly allowance is, I know I could do it... I just have to build the habit first.

Let's go first day.  Got breakfast and lunch (what I brought in) logged in already.  Keeping my eye on you now.  It's on!

Me too! Breakfast, lunch and snack all logged... because they are packed.

I am currently still at home, waiting for my sick little Gizmo cat to pee so I can get that urine sample to the vet. He is not cooperating. Granted, if I had a UTI, I probably wouldn't cooperate, either...

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines