Nusuth's 4th : Vegetable is comming.

Nusuth

Main-Quest :

Rebirth into Cyborg N-36  aka 'Nusuth' : Fit to be called a Star Citizen.

Once a youngster flew in space as a wingcommander & Privateer.  All that remains is a wreck.  I decided to donate my body to a Cyborg-program to reshape myself into a Citizen worth the name. 

The head with the brains and the torso with lower dantian being unreplaceable, considerable work will still have to be done.

Goal-list:

- Shrink waist-size below breast-size

- Run 5miles (Check scout-guild?)

- Be able to do a set of Chin-ups

- Be able to do a set of Pull-ups

- "Less is more" , be content with less fly-time (check Druid-guild)

- Be flexible in order to use a Locust Rift (check Druid-guild)

- etc

Challenge:  Vegetable is comming

Workout : DumbBell workout 3times a week (4STR, 1CHA)

• Designated workout days : we/fri/su
  • lesson from last challenge : the earlier on the day , the better

Diet : Eat home-prepped vegetables every single day (4CON, 1CHA)

• I'm hoping my presence in kitchen will create a snowball-effect to erase other snack-filth, but the veggies an sich are already a win.

Life goal : Attend Martial Class once a week (2CHA, 1STA, 2CON)

• This got side-tracked.  Want to Recover.

Life-goal bonus task:

• Eliminate "tic nerveux" @ eye.  I have this annoying bad habit of rubbing around/in/over my eye when i'm reading or being bored.  I took note one day , I did it +40 times.  That's counting 'rubbing-sessions' not every stroke, that would have accounted in hundreds.
  • I'm going to keep the notebook with me & go for 'one less each day'.  with 42days a challenge, this tic should be abolished

Motivation :

I want my belly to plunge down through the psychological 100cm barrier,  so I can once again put on pants smaller size.

I'm sort of new here. What martial arts do you practice??

=D

'Practice' would be a big word :redface-new:

I had a challenge where the motivation was to get prepared to attend an Aikido-class in September..  Which I made & attended.. & then never went back again :neglected:   , so this is what I try to correct this challenge.

Hey Nusuth! Good to read you are going back into Aikido! 

Hey Zuel!   Dont hate me for it, but it could be I'm going to switch to Karate.  I need to be able to train a bit on my own aswell.  my mental blockades, the part of waisting training-partners time,  are just witholding me too much to go for Aikido.   In karate there seems to be allso Kumite, but as far as I can read it should only be like 1or2third of the training-evening.

First 3days went rather well.

3/3 on vegetables.  ( I kinda cheated the first day, as I just ate a bit of brocolli that I was steaming for the next day, but technically that counts :)

First Dumbell workout done  ;   I did weighted squats, didnt feel a thing till the day after when I allmost fell of the stairs.  It was like my leg blocked, couldnt hold weight while moving down, very funny feeling

Life-quest: checked for other Dojo, aiming for friday Shito-Ryu Karate

Hey Zuel!   Dont hate me for it, but it could be I'm going to switch to Karate.  I need to be able to train a bit on my own aswell.  my mental blockades, the part of waisting training-partners time,  are just witholding me too much to go for Aikido.   In karate there seems to be allso Kumite, but as far as I can read it should only be like 1or2third of the training-evening.

Haha! No problem man! The best martial art is the one that inspire us to keep moving and getting stronger. =D

So , first week went rather well.

Workout  2/3

Started out well, couldnt finish in the weekend ; had to sort out administration to gift away car.  Went out to celebrate with new owner of car.  I'm too old for this party  ****   :)

Diet : 6/7

Not all home-made, but decent portions of vegetable , so I count them.

Life : 0/1

damn ,  the most important one :s   Combination of focussing on the car-thing & being ashamed of an immersion of my Seborrhoeic dermatitis.

Life-bonus quest :

Fat win (42-7), i'm way below 35 eye-rubbings a day.  partially because of that fore-mentioned dermatitis irritating my eye & therefor minding it alot...  there's good in everything ...

Major lessons learned :

Cauliflower & Broccoli make for an easy 4day win.  It's too easy, just got to pick it up in shop, slice & wash for 2minutes, steam 15min : done for 2days.

Just need to find some other vegetable to augment choice..  I'm thinking Red Cabbage;  since this takes some hours cooking during the weekend; it  will open my need for deep-freezing stuff in my little refrigirator; a new world opens.

More veggies! Have you thought about fermented stuff like sauerkraut? It's got a very strong, very distinct flavor to it, but if you can get past that, it's actually really good for the stomach.

Just a thought. Which reminds me that I need to go grocery shopping. ^_^;

So , first week went rather well.

Workout  2/3

Started out well, couldnt finish in the weekend ; had to sort out administration to gift away car.  Went out to celebrate with new owner of car.  I'm too old for this party  ****   :)

Diet : 6/7

Not all home-made, but decent portions of vegetable , so I count them.

damn ,  the most important one :s   Combination of focussing on the car-thing & being ashamed of an immersion of my Seborrhoeic dermatitis.

Life-bonus quest :

Fat win (42-7), i'm way below 35 eye-rubbings a day.  partially because of that fore-mentioned dermatitis irritating my eye & therefor minding it alot...  there's good in everything ...

Major lessons learned :

Cauliflower & Broccoli make for an easy 4day win.  It's too easy, just got to pick it up in shop, slice & wash for 2minutes, steam 15min : done for 2days.

Just need to find some other vegetable to augment choice..  I'm thinking Red Cabbage;  since this takes some hours cooking during the weekend; it  will open my need for deep-freezing stuff in my little refrigirator; a new world opens.

Good week man, and way to seize a medical condition to your advantage! Still, hope your dermatitis goes away soon. 

Excellent choice, Broccoli is a great one. Just be careful not to get bored with it. See if you can experiment with more options, you might find a couple new favorites. 

Week 2 :

Workout 2/3

Got a cold, already happy I did those 2

Diet 5/7

Bought salad & tomato on Saturday.  Didn't prepare them, scratch 2days .. /sigh

I received an email of the Dojo stating it isn't the best time to step in.  They suggest waiting till January when they start a new round of free starter-classes on Sunday-morning..

So I'm switching my life-goal to Sleeping-hygiene then.  It'll help me to actually make those classes on a frigging frakking sunday-morning.

+ sleeping well :

just makes life easier on a whole.

I so love dreaming.

the lack of proper sleep must be the reason I don't see the expected result from my last months diet / workouts

Goal :

Technology cooldown at 22:00 (having picked up a fresh volume in Steven Erikson's 'Malazan book of the Fallen' will surely help)

Go to bed when I start yawning.

Ooh, yeah. Lack of sleep is real hang-up on a lot of body recomposition goals. It's been all over my feeds today, so that's a distinct possibility.

If you don't mind me asking, about what time are you usually getting to bed? And how much sleep are you able to get?

If you don't mind me asking, about what time are you usually getting to bed? And how much sleep are you able to get?

Usually around midnight, my alarm is at 07:00.   I think, by now I'd sleep about 6to7 of those.  That's already an improvement, The first 3months at the Rebellion(since June) I was still drinking and thus 'coma-sleeping' 5h, with some extra hours being 'awake-resting'.

During the weekend I easily sleep a blissful sleep with about 4-5dreams, having to put an alarm at 9h sleep to get me out of bed before I get struck by a major oversleep-headache.

Saturdays I generally go to bed after midnight

Usually around midnight, my alarm is at 07:00.   I think, by now I'd sleep about 6to7 of those.  That's already an improvement, The first 3months at the Rebellion(since June) I was still drinking and thus 'coma-sleeping' 5h, with some extra hours being 'awake-resting'.

During the weekend I easily sleep a blissful sleep with about 4-5dreams, having to put an alarm at 9h sleep to get me out of bed before I get struck by a major oversleep-headache.

Saturdays I generally go to bed after midnight

Ha ha ha! I see, I see.

Well, a nice little challenge for you, if you can, is to try to find an extra half-hour of sleep somewhere. There's supposed to be this batch of studies that says that an hour of sleep before midnight is worth two hours afterward. I don't know if that's true, but if you shift yourself to 11:30-6:30, in theory, you should be getting more rest.

In general, for training populations, the 'ideal' amount is 8-10; most sources say you should shoot for at least six, so you're doing okay... Anyway, I hope you manage to get some rest.

the lack of proper sleep must be the reason I don't see the expected result from my last months diet / workouts

Like you wouldn´t believe it... 

It was a surprise for me too. I even know of someone IRL that is getting leaner only by sleeping 8.5 hours a day. Nothing else. =0