FaePrice weighs 183...its a start!

FaePrice

Main Goal:  Be independent, vibrant, and ME!!!  And FINALLY start losing weight already!

Sub goals to achieve this:

1. Food:  Have a love affair with vegetables, and finally figure out what to eat for breakfast!
    1. Week 1:  Find out if I can get a box of random CSA veggies delivered each month, or pick one up.
    2. Week 2:  Come up with 4 new ways I like to eat veggies, keep eating more.
    3. Week 3:  1 meal each day is half veggies, try to eat veggies at every meal, figure out breakfast.
    4. Week 4:  2 meals a day are half veggies, try 4 new veggie dishes.
    5. Week 5:  2 meals per day are veggies, but I eat veggies with every meal.
    6. Week 6:  Half of every meal is veggies, Try 4 new veggie dishes.
  2. Exercise:  6 hours per week.
  3. Food:  Work through Your Last Diet!.
    1. Week 1:  Go through all the preparatory exercises & determine my ideal amount of protein.
    2. Week 2:  Start exercising according to the Your Last Diet! Plan
    3. Week 3:  Start eating less fat at every meal & adjust portion sizes so that they lead to weight loss.
    4. Week 4:  Recheck everything I am doing and make sure I am on the right track.  Adjust if necessary.
    5. Week 5:  Be consistently losing 1-2 pounds per week and have a plan and backup plan that works.
    6. Week 6:  Find Radiance, join online community & keep working with emotions and food patterns.
  4. Lifestyle:  Balance my life for good, using the 12 aspects I broke my life down into, and maybe make it into a 6-week self-help book as I go?  Focus on 2 of these each week and really try to get things working well in those areas:
  1. Self
  2. Spirituality, wonder, connection, sacredness, meaning, morality
  3. Home & Stuff
  4. Epic Quest & Job
  5. Health
  6. Fun & Recharging
  7. Mindset, Recovery & Healing
  8. Relationship
  9. Kids
  10. Community
  11. Hobbies
  12. Responsibilities & Time Management

Motivation is weighing less.  It's going to be some clothes that I can't fit in anymore, but that I could wear if I lost 10 pounds.  I'm going to pick them out, accessorize them, and hang them up where I can see them!!!  I should make that picture my phone wallpaper too...

I adore all of you reading this.  Thanks for making these challenges so much fun!!!!  And for endlessly motivating, me, etc, especially when it is hard!

Grading Scale (For each week):

Veggies:

A:  Completed my goal for the week.

B:  Tried and made some progress.

C:  Made a very small effort, but no progress.

D:  Brainstormed ideas and thought about it, but didn’t do anything

F:  Did nothing toward this goal

Exercise:

A:   6+ hours of exercise

B:  4.5+ hours of exercise

C:  3+ hours of exercise

D:  1.5+ hours of exercise

F:    <1.5 hours of exercise

Your Last Diet!:

A:  Completed at least 1 additional step in Your Last Diet!, all week

B:  Completed at least 1 additional step in Your Last Diet!, 5-6 days

C:  Completed at least 1 additional step in Your Last Diet!, 3-4 days

D:  Completed at least 1 additional step in Your Last Diet!, 1-2 days

F:   Completed at least 1 additional step in Your Last Diet!, <1 days

Balance My Life:

A:  Made huge strides in changing my habits, mindset, and choices.  It's like a life revolution!

B:  Made good strides in changing my habits, mindset, and choices.  This is feeling better.

C:  Made some strides in changing my habits, mindset, and choices.  I improved things in at least one small way.

D:  Made very little strides in changing my habits, mindset, and choices.  Barely noticeable effort.

F:  Made no strides or backwards strides in changing my habits, mindset, and choices.  I really messed that up.  :(

• Like 1

Wow, very organized, and I love your focus on vegetables.  Let us know if you try anything good!

Good luck!

~Miranda (aka Farax K)

Stars hide your fires for these here are my desires
And I won't give them up to you this time around
And so I'll be found with my stake stuck in the ground
Marking the territory of this newly impassioned soul ~ Mumford and Sons

i'm curious what you come up with veggies for breakfast...first thing in the morning can make me picky and sometimes all i have is coffee.

Sauteed spinach, kale, mushroom and tomato. Delish!

Sent from my ST25i using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Level 6 Pirate-Ninja Ranger

“If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude. Don’t complain.†~Maya Angelou

(STR - 12) (DEX - 8) (STA - 12) (CON - 14) (WIS - 12) (CHA - 8)

CHALLENGE 6: Neph Arrives fashionably late.

If you put a poached or fried egg on top of this, it is basically the best thing ever.

Oh my god. It's amazing.

Level 6 Pirate-Ninja Ranger

“If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude. Don’t complain.†~Maya Angelou

(STR - 12) (DEX - 8) (STA - 12) (CON - 14) (WIS - 12) (CHA - 8)

CHALLENGE 6: Neph Arrives fashionably late.

Your goals ultimately are about setting up systems for yourself that you can work with. That is ultimately why you are going to succeed.

Can't wait to see it.

Yes!  Thank you I love that.  :)  That is exactly what I did in my last challenge, and my responsibilities and house seem SOOO much easier to keep a handle on.  I've been good at sleeping and cooking healthy food for awhile too, but there are many other things I lag behind on, such as getting enough exercise and having close friends.  But yes, this is my intention exactly, and to keep it as simple as possible, not just keep piling more and more responsibilities on top of one another.  :)

Wow, very organized, and I love your focus on vegetables.  Let us know if you try anything good!

Good luck!

I will!  So far last night I tried putting whole brussel sprouts in the crock pot with a bunch of chicken thighs and breasts, covered it in boiling water, and added some all-purpose seasoning.  It was AMAZING!!!!  And super-simple.  I am all about cooking smart.  I make large batches, and either steam or crock pot everything usually.  I like the "set and forget" coking method.  Unfortunately, they gave me really bad gas.  lol  So it was a win for taste and easy prep, but a fail for actually working with my body.  Oh well.  Hopefully one of you can eat it! 

All I can do is echo the comments about how organized you are.  Looking forward to watching you nail another challenge.

Thank you!  I am just building on what I've learned about what works for me.  Specific, organized, as simple as possible, and done without perfectionism!!!  Black-and-white thinking killed me for years.  There is no failing the challenge because I am not doing well with some things.  It just means I am struggling, but I should keep going, not stop!  And I also like variety, so an open-ended exercise goal really works for me.  And having you guys here to report to!  :D

i'm curious what you come up with veggies for breakfast...first thing in the morning can make me picky and sometimes all i have is coffee.

It took time, but my favorite is actually something I randomly created.  My favorite vegetable is steamed zucchini.  I LOVE it.  And at the time I came up with this meal I was addicted to sausage and bagels for breakfast.  I wanted to keep the sausage, but ditch the bagel.  So I thought, what about sausage sliced up in a bowl of steamed zucchini?  I tried it and it was bland.  So I thought about what I could put on top and tried a little ranch dressing.  Delicious!  Unbelievable!  I LOVE it!!!  And it works with bacon, chicken, or any meat.  Sometimes now I can skip the dressing or just use salt.  That was my first breakfast veggie success.  From there I just started trying some lunch or dinner things for breakfast like chicken soup, or just meat, salad, and brown rice.  Sometimes I don't mind that.  But the zucchini thing feels like a breakfast to me now.  I have no idea why.  :)

Oh, and btw, I try to always have the things I want to eat cooked and on-hand to make prep easy when I am hungry and busy.  So I will either quickly toss whole zucchinis in the steamer before I start getting everyone ready for school and already have sausage cooked in the fridge, or I will have zucchini cooked too and just toss it all in a pan and heat it up. 

Lots of good things in your new challenge.  Last time you conquered your to-do list, this time you are taking on your whole life.  Wow. 

I am looking forward to following your progress through this challenge.  And the veggie recipes.  I tend to fall back on old standby veggies in the winter.  The CSA forces me to try new things.  That's why I put cooking new things in my challenge too.

Level 75  Viking paladin

My current challenge  Battle log 

Sauteed spinach, kale, mushroom and tomato. Delish!

Hmm.  Is it bad of me to say that sounds awful?  lol  I also hate sauteeing things.  But I am very happy for the suggestion, and will definitely try something similar!  Maybe spinach, kale, mushroom, and onion?  Hmm.  How do you do it exactly?  What kind of oil, how much, how long do you cook it?

Lots of good things in your new challenge.  Last time you conquered your to-do list, this time you are taking on your whole life.  Wow. 

I am looking forward to following your progress through this challenge.  And the veggie recipes.  I tend to fall back on old standby veggies in the winter.  The CSA forces me to try new things.  That's why I put cooking new things in my challenge too.

Awesome.  :D

Alright, here is my grading scale for the challenge.  I also added it into my first post for convenience of finding it.  I have followed you guys, read and commented on things, and taken a 30-min walk!  But I still want to choose my 2 life categories to work on this week and post my ideas about what needs to be done with them.  I also want to create my motivation piece and post a picture of it here.  That is my goal for NF for today.  :D

Grading Scale (For each week):

Veggies:

A:  Completed my goal for the week.

B:  Tried and made some progress.

C:  Made a very small effort, but no progress.

D:  Brainstormed ideas and thought about it, but didn’t do anything

F:  Did nothing toward this goal

Exercise:

A:   6+ hours of exercise

B:  4.5+ hours of exercise

C:  3+ hours of exercise

D:  1.5+ hours of exercise

F:    <1.5 hours of exercise

Your Last Diet!:

A:  Completed at least 1 additional step in Your Last Diet!, all week

B:  Completed at least 1 additional step in Your Last Diet!, 5-6 days

C:  Completed at least 1 additional step in Your Last Diet!, 3-4 days

D:  Completed at least 1 additional step in Your Last Diet!, 1-2 days

F:   Completed at least 1 additional step in Your Last Diet!, <1 days

Balance My Life:

A:  Made huge strides in changing my habits, mindset, and choices.  It's like a life revolution!

B:  Made good strides in changing my habits, mindset, and choices.  This is feeling better.

C:  Made some strides in changing my habits, mindset, and choices.  I improved things in at least one small way.

D:  Made very little strides in changing my habits, mindset, and choices.  Barely noticeable effort.

F:  Made no strides or backwards strides in changing my habits, mindset, and choices.  I really messed that up.  :(

Now that sounds better, but I can't eat eggs.  :(

Fritta's are super easy, mix up the meat and veggies you want, along with scrambled eggs and bake. I can track down my reciepes if you would like it instead of my bake it. Haha, I'm such a toss it in the pot and it will be fine chef!

Can you have potato's? Because you could cut them up and cover them with your veggie mix and it would be good too. That's my favorite. :)

The question isn't who's going to let me, it's who's going to stop me!     

~(to come when I remember)

Level 3 Adventurer

Huge NF Meet up?

Polls for marathon meet up: States   International (more info click the link above!)

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines