FaePrice weighs 183...its a start!

FaePrice

Week 1:

30 min walk with daughter in stroller

Ate perfectly, too much, but I'm not quite to the reducing portions part yet.  This is usually on accident.  It's so hard for me to eat the right amount!

No progress on veggie task

I have done a lot on the Your Last Diet! exercises!

In total there are 11 Your Last Diet! workbook exercises.  They are:

1. Why do you want to do this plan? 
  2. Tell the story of your weight.
  3. How will your life, social, and individual factors influence your weight loss?
  4. Write about a change you made in your life that was a huge success, and one that was not a success.
  5. What would ideal support look like?
  6. Shopping exercise
  7. Take a Look at My Body Size – I am really fat. 

8. My Ideal Weight – 135

9. Realistic Goal – 1-2 pounds a week, or 10 months to lose 60 pounds. 

10. Measure Changes in My Body by Taking my Measurements Monthly

11. Go to the Doctor and Have my Blood Sugar, Triglycerides, Cholesterol, and Blood Pressure measured

I have started 1, 3, 6 and 7. I have finished 2, 8 & 9.  10 is done over time, but I should set calender reminders.  I have made an appt for 11.

This week for my life goal I am going to focus on health and self.  For me this means:

Health:

-Eat according to my Potatoes Not Prozac/Your Last Diet! plans, & keep my food journal

-Go to sleep between 1030-11 each night

-Exercise daily!  Preferably this is 2 30-minute walks, plus 30 minutes of Qigong of strength training

-Try to have good posture and stand a lot more than I sit

-Try to rest about 15 minutes each hour.  And if I get really tired, nap.

-Be positive and grateful, and try to laugh a lot

-Speak my truth, kindly and nonviolently

-Go outside every day

-Stay in touch with my higher power

-Try to always have healthy foods planned, purchased, and prepared ahead of time

I already do a really good job on almost all of these.  The ones I am worst at are sitting too much, being lazy and not exercising enough, and actually resting when I need to.  I tend to work myself to death for days on end and then crash and be burned out and useless for days on end.  Not helpful.  So I will focus more on those things.

Self:

-Actually put myself together each day, instead of just resembling like an old, smelly sack of potatoes. 

-Be myself!  For the longest time I didn't know what this meant, but now I do, and I'm becoming more comfortable with it all the time.  :)

-Express myself comfortably and openly

-Get my needs met, and make decisions for me, not to make others happy or to avoid upsetting anyone.

-Do not be codependent.  (I struggle with this one, and spend way too much time with my boyfriend, neglecting friends and myself badly)

I have been really working on this one for the last few months.  I was totally clueless when I began.  Being a mom of 3, its easy to give up on trying to look presentable, and I actually convinced myself that it didn't matter (my boyfriend did NOT agree, lol).  I was being extreme, and I now see how much more happy and confident I am too when I put on decent clothes, brush my hair, and put on some pretty earrings.  :)  I think I was trying to subconsciously run through life unnoticed by others, hoping they wouldn't comment on me.  Now I don't feel ashamed of being bigger than average, and don't feel unattractive.  Even though I am larger, I bought nice clothes, and I am trying again.  :)  Owning my personality was actually much harder for me, because I'm terrified of rejection.  I have held back for a really long time because I didn't want to upset or offend anyone accidentally.  So I retreated into myself more and more.  One of the most profound moments for me recently was getting on a skype call with my accountabilibuddies group and experiencing their bright, quirky, nerdy selves.  3 of them were very open and natural, and it was so nice to just hear them comfortably being themselves!  It made me realize that it really is ok, and that if I mean well, "upsetting" others doesn't actually matter after all.  I'm not mean, I'm just silly, and sometimes people have no sense of humor!  But that doesn't mean I have to censor myself.  Every time I think of that conversation I feel much more confident and happy, and I can be myself more and more.  :D  This week I would like to write about my needs, and see which ones aren't being met normally and how I could get them met.

These are some things I wrote when I was trying to define myself about 3 months ago.  When I started I literally had no idea who I was or what it would even look like to be myself.  How sad!  I have come a really long way though.  :)

Who am I?

• Style
    • Faerie
    • Glittery
    • Teal & purple
    • Long, flowing skirts, barefoot or comfy sandals
    • Tank tops
    • Long, dangly earrings
    • Meaningful, beautiful necklace
    • Soft, feminine, flowing, graceful
    • Good personality
    • Flower hair clip
    • Soft, smooth skin
    • Huge smile and inviting eyes
  • Personality
    • Kind, gentle, sweet
    • Talk in turn, listen a lot, pause a lot
    • Wise
    • Moral
    • Satisfied and sparkling with life, inspiring others by my mere presence
    • Laugh and giggle a lot
    • Cute, adorable, gorgeous inside and out
    • Adventurous and fearless, but calm
    • Extremely easy-going and patient
    • Very open and honest
    • Curious
    • Open-minded
    • Spiritual
    • Falun Dafa practitioner
  • How do you need to express yourself?
    • Blogging
    • Someone close who loves to listen to me and has time for me to tell everything to at the end of the day
    • Tons of planning, record-keeping, journaling etc.
    • Speaking my truth without any kind of shyness, worrying, or anxiety
    • Always telling the truth
    • Feeling emotions, role-playing, characters sometimes
    • Sharing my feelings with people
  • What are your needs?
    • Wonder, meaning, and sacredness in all things
    • Being safe, free from criticism
    • Love
    • Emotion
    • Satisfaction
    • Bonding and connection with others
    • Being heard, values, accepted, and praised
    • Movement
    • Nature
    • Space to just be, alone time
    • Exploration & Adventure
    • Pleasure
    • Inspiration
    • Self-Expression

That's awesome that you've taken so much time to figure that out. Lots of people don't even try. They let themselves be defined by the circumstances around them - they pursue objective realities, the exterior, while ignoring the subjective realities, the interior. Which is understandable - owning yourself and being yourself can be really freaking scary if who you are is really different from whom you present.

But it's good that you figured that out. Don't forget it.

I already do a really good job on almost all of these.  The ones I am worst at are sitting too much, being lazy and not exercising enough, and actually resting when I need to.  I tend to work myself to death for days on end and then crash and be burned out and useless for days on end.  Not helpful.  So I will focus more on those things.

Self:

-Actually put myself together each day, instead of just resembling like an old, smelly sack of potatoes. 

-Be myself!  For the longest time I didn't know what this meant, but now I do, and I'm becoming more comfortable with it all the time.  :)

-Express myself comfortably and openly

-Get my needs met, and make decisions for me, not to make others happy or to avoid upsetting anyone.

-Do not be codependent.  (I struggle with this one, and spend way too much time with my boyfriend, neglecting friends and myself badly)

I have been really working on this one for the last few months.  I was totally clueless when I began.  Being a mom of 3, its easy to give up on trying to look presentable, and I actually convinced myself that it didn't matter (my boyfriend did NOT agree, lol).  I was being extreme, and I now see how much more happy and confident I am too when I put on decent clothes, brush my hair, and put on some pretty earrings.  :)  I think I was trying to subconsciously run through life unnoticed by others, hoping they wouldn't comment on me.  Now I don't feel ashamed of being bigger than average, and don't feel unattractive.  Even though I am larger, I bought nice clothes, and I am trying again.  :)  Owning my personality was actually much harder for me, because I'm terrified of rejection.  I have held back for a really long time because I didn't want to upset or offend anyone accidentally.  So I retreated into myself more and more.  One of the most profound moments for me recently was getting on a skype call with my accountabilibuddies group and experiencing their bright, quirky, nerdy selves.  3 of them were very open and natural, and it was so nice to just hear them comfortably being themselves!  It made me realize that it really is ok, and that if I mean well, "upsetting" others doesn't actually matter after all.  I'm not mean, I'm just silly, and sometimes people have no sense of humor!  But that doesn't mean I have to censor myself.  Every time I think of that conversation I feel much more confident and happy, and I can be myself more and more.  :D  This week I would like to write about my needs, and see which ones aren't being met normally and how I could get them met.

These are some things I wrote when I was trying to define myself about 3 months ago.  When I started I literally had no idea who I was or what it would even look like to be myself.  How sad!  I have come a really long way though.  :)

I have a hard time imagining you being lazy with all the things you are crossing off on your lists.  Working yourself into the ground and crashing, that I can see.  Don't do that. ;)

I hear you on how it can be hard to take time for presenting yourself well when you are unhappy.  Been there, done that.  I am very glad that you are feeling better about your outward appearance now.

Your plan has 90 minutes of exercise a day.  That is a LOT!  Hopefully you can get some of that in while doing other things, like walking or biking for errands.

I am impressed with all the thought and effort you have put into figuring out who you are and who you want to be.  Having those ideals so clearly written out will make it much easier for you to reach them.

Level 75  Viking paladin

My current challenge  Battle log 

I have a hard time imagining you being lazy with all the things you are crossing off on your lists. Working yourself into the ground and crashing, that I can see. Don't do that. ;)

I hear you on how it can be hard to take time for presenting yourself well when you are unhappy. Been there, done that. I am very glad that you are feeling better about your outward appearance now.

Your plan has 90 minutes of exercise a day. That is a LOT! Hopefully you can get some of that in while doing other things, like walking or biking for errands.

I am impressed with all the thought and effort you have put into figuring out who you are and who you want to be. Having those ideals so clearly written out will make it much easier for you to reach them.

Nicely stated. I can also see you driving yourself into the ground more than anything :-)

Behave yourself, badly if necessary.

Current Challenge

Judo - Shodan

My Character

I'm with the others, don't hit burn out or if you have. Fund a balance, the big reason behind my challenge. I'm a queen of burn outs, and no matter how good the intention they aren't worth it!

The question isn't who's going to let me, it's who's going to stop me!     

~(to come when I remember)

Level 3 Adventurer

Huge NF Meet up?

Polls for marathon meet up: States   International (more info click the link above!)

Ooh I am struggling...

I haven't exercised since Monday.  Yipes!  I have definitely had some major insights and progress on my life goal, but the rest are really stalling.  I have just been SOOOO busy.  But I will do my best to catch up.

On another note, I just got accepted to CSU, Chico!!!!!!

Very excited.  The numbers aren't there this week, but things are going really well.  :)

On another note, I just got accepted to CSU, Chico!!!!!!

Very excited.  The numbers aren't there this week, but things are going really well.  :)

Congratulations!

The life goals are the most important.  Being busy is a lot different that sitting on the couch watching TV.  I'll bet you were up and moving most of the time, even if you were not pushing your physical limits.  You can pick up the exercise again next week. 

Level 75  Viking paladin

My current challenge  Battle log 

Don't be so hard on yourself... find at least 20 minutes a week you can just... be. Without a list, without work out, without food circling your head. Your list is only useful if your able to take the time to continue to do it without the burnout!

Level 6 Pirate-Ninja Ranger

“If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude. Don’t complain.†~Maya Angelou

(STR - 12) (DEX - 8) (STA - 12) (CON - 14) (WIS - 12) (CHA - 8)

CHALLENGE 6: Neph Arrives fashionably late.

Nice job on the acceptance, that's awesome!

And you know, I really don't think you should be giving yourself grief on the exercise thing. In watching you pursue your goals, it's occurred to me that you're trying to take a holistic approach to the concept of exercise. You're trying to make it part of your life, something that you just do as opposed to something big. Which has advantages and disadvantages - the advantage being that it integrates into your life and becomes habit; the disadvantage being that it becomes harder to prioritize and make time for.

Still, the good is outweighing the bad on this one. No reason for grief, I think. But you may want to shift a little bit and go back to prioritizing some movement for week 2.

Or not. You Druids are all about holistic approaches, so you know what you need better than I. :)

Week 1 went okay. 

Veggie goal : B

I found out the name of 2 farms that do the CSA veggie boxes, but I did not call them or set up an order.

Exercise Goal:  D

I exercised:

30 min walk pushing stroller

40 min bike ride

69 min Qigong

5 min biking

5 min stretching

149 minutes/360 minutes, or 2 hours 29 minutes

You Last Diet! Goal:  A 

Complete!  Insane week, but I still managed to do ALL of the journal exercises! I'll post them later, if I remember.  I want to write more for the 1st one, but it is already finished.  I just realized while doing it that having a strong WHY is very important to my success.

Life Goal:  A

This week I focused on:

Health

Self

Self has been great for me.  I bought new clothes that I feel much more attractive in, and do a great job now of being myself and being comfortable.  :)

Health was great too.  As I posted before, I am really good at a lot of parts of my health, like sleeping and food prep, but I made more strides this week and found another walking buddy and made a date to walk, getting my bike fixed so I can ride it again without tailbone pain, drinking more water and less decaf with cream, and putting some really good thought into the reason I am still struggling with everything, despite all my progress.  Finding out I really don't have a strong WHY that makes me tirelessly pursue this stuff definitely seems like the answer.  I have 100 little why's, but apparently nothing big enough to make me really willing to feel deprived and uncomfortable while losing weight. 

I also ordered 12 step books to try the OA way, for my Recovery life aspect, and also started actively working on self-feeding with my daughter at every meal on the Kids aspect.  I wish that I had done a better job exercising this week, but despite that I reached my life goal and a little more.  :)

149 minutes/360 minutes, or 2 hours 29 minutes

I also ordered 12 step books to try the OA way, for my Recovery life aspect, and also started actively working on self-feeding with my daughter at every meal on the Kids aspect.  I wish that I had done a better job exercising this week, but despite that I reached my life goal and a little more.  :)

Exactly, you got a lot done and 2.5 hours of exercise is still quite a bit!  Don't be discouraged. 

Behave yourself, badly if necessary.

Current Challenge

Judo - Shodan

My Character

This week has been tough.  Very, very busy.  BUT, I have also made a lot of progress!  So here is the recap:

Veggies:

A:  Completed my goal for the week!

Exercise:

30 min bike ride

45 min walk

30 min walk

20 min walk

1 hr 15 min Qigong

45 min bike ride

5 min stretching

15 min sweeping/scootering on the back porch

Total:  4 hrs, 30 min

B:  4.5 hours of exercise!

Your Last Diet!:

C:  Completed at least 1 additional step in Your Last Diet!, 3-4 days

It is really hard to get in exercise.  I just REALLY hate it right now.  If only I could find something really fun to do when I walk...

Balance My Life:

A:  Made huge strides in changing my habits, mindset, and choices.  It's like a life revolution!

This week I chose:

Recovery/mindset/emotional health & Responsibilities/Time-management

For the first one I joined Over-eaters Anonymous online, got OA books from the library, and got started!  I found an online sponsor, and started doing step work.  I got a food plan, a food scale, and started eating actually human proportions and balanced meals.  Whoa.  I'm already feeling pretty different...  Slam dunk in this category!

For time-management, I pretty much nailed this one in my last challenge, because of Nephasys.  I need to get her pictures and such of my version of her system. It's on the to-do list, lol.  But seriously, it REALLY helped me organize my to-dos, prioritize them, celebrate the successes as they come, and not get overwhelmed.  I have been using it for 8 weeks or so.  Love it!

So that is a B average for my challenge so far!!!  Wow, I thought I was doing a lot worse than that.  Apparently I am keeping up despite my crazy life!  Week 1 I got an A, A, B, and D, and this week I got an A, A, B, and C.  That averages out to a 3.125 GPA so far.  This makes me very happy!

Balance My Life:

A:  Made huge strides in changing my habits, mindset, and choices.  It's like a life revolution!

This week I chose:

Recovery/mindset/emotional health & Responsibilities/Time-management

For the first one I joined Over-eaters Anonymous online, got OA books from the library, and got started!  I found an online sponsor, and started doing step work.  I got a food plan, a food scale, and started eating actually human proportions and balanced meals.  Whoa.  I'm already feeling pretty different...  Slam dunk in this category!

For time-management, I pretty much nailed this one in my last challenge, because of Nephasys.  I need to get her pictures and such of my version of her system. It's on the to-do list, lol.  But seriously, it REALLY helped me organize my to-dos, prioritize them, celebrate the successes as they come, and not get overwhelmed.  I have been using it for 8 weeks or so.  Love it!

So that is a B average for my challenge so far!!!  Wow, I thought I was doing a lot worse than that.  Apparently I am keeping up despite my crazy life!

Amazing! Never even heard of OE, sounds like quite the change up! Viva la revolucion!

I'm so pleased the system works for you - I hope that post-it is in "low-effort low-impact" ;-) I have a bunch of other tools in my tool-bag, if you need a hand with anything else, give us a yell! :D

Level 6 Pirate-Ninja Ranger

“If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude. Don’t complain.†~Maya Angelou

(STR - 12) (DEX - 8) (STA - 12) (CON - 14) (WIS - 12) (CHA - 8)

CHALLENGE 6: Neph Arrives fashionably late.

I am definitely doing too much, but I just can't figure out how to do less.  :( 

Today I:

1. Took care of 2 little girls at home.
  2. Drove my man to work and picked him up, with the kids in carseats.
  3. Updated my Nerd Fitness challenge I am doing
  4. Made a plan and organized my to-do list
  5. Cooked 3 packages of turkey bacon and put them in the fridge
  6. Cleaned the house
  7. Did like a million dishes from all my cooking
  8. Steamed and put away potatoes
  9. Did a load of laundry
  10. Cleaned out the fridge
  11. Cooked a large batch of oatmeal and packaged it
  12. Turned some of the oatmeal into 7 breakfasts for my older daughter of oatmeal & banana
  13. Cooked 2 pounds ground beef & put it away
  14. Turned some of the beef into 7 meals for my daughter, with thawed out carrots and zucchini I had previously frozen
  15. Cooked 8 cups of brown rice & stored it
  16. Turned some of it into 7 meals of brown rice and chicken for my daughter
  17. Talked to my friend Alicia about her crappy ex-husband
  18. Talked to my mom for a long time
  19. Went crazy.  lol

Seriously, that is too much stuff!  I'm sure I did more too.  All day I was running back and forth, feeling rushed, and feeling like I got nothing accomplished.  I know I needed to stop, but I told myself that I would stop tomorrow.  Not a good plan.  I have to find a balance. I don't know how.  :(

Amazing! Never even heard of OE, sounds like quite the change up! Viva la revolucion!

I'm so pleased the system works for you - I hope that post-it is in "low-effort low-impact" ;-) I have a bunch of other tools in my tool-bag, if you need a hand with anything else, give us a yell! :D

I definitely need help.  I just feel constantly swamped and so behind.  You know how much I have been doing, and how consistently, and I have 41 things on my list again.  ::cry::  I don't get it.

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines