tod: strong mind, strong body

jedi_mind

buddha-leader-to-keep-the-body-in-good-h

My first quest was all about getting into some better habbits, which I was able to do for the most part. I've learned a lot about how I aproach these goals in the long haul to write a 2nd challenge that should 1: push me more and 2: better compliance.

Link to tracker!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Apcyvvqes4kPdHZzaVFoamNSQndkSFJ4OTJqb3ZNU3c&usp=sharing

Main Quest: Mind & Body

• Yoga & Meditation daily - 10 minutes a day, hopefully more
    +2 con +1 wis +1cha

• Kettlebell - 30 minutes a week, likely two fifteen minute sessions
    +3 str +1sta

• Walk/Jog - 6 miles per week (like my 1st goal, only now we'll pick up the pace some)
    +2 sta +1str

• Plan meals - last challenge I tracked calories. This challenge I want to focus on planning my meals for the week, with tracking calories taking a back seat
    +2 wis +2 con

Side Quest: Find a House

My fiance and I have a goal to have a new place on Jan 1st. Unfortunately this will mean our partying on new years eve might be dampened some, but whatever. Our current living situation isn't the best and it's causing a lot of stress in our lives, so a new place is a must and by the end of the challenge I at least want to have the details hammered out, if not my stuff packed.

Awesome goals, I bought a house when I was 21 2 years ago, so I understand the difficulties, I'll be following you to make sure you continue pushing yourself forward, and also in hopes that you share some of your meal planning so I can borrow someone elses ideas and recipes, Good luck!

Good luck finding a new place! That stress can't be helping and I'm sure you will rock all of your goals this challenge.

Thank you, it doesn't help but it's definitely not an excuse. If I keep myself fit and happier it makes the process of getting out of here and getting established at my new job that much easier. 

Awesome goals, I bought a house when I was 21 2 years ago, so I understand the difficulties, I'll be following you to make sure you continue pushing yourself forward, and also in hopes that you share some of your meal planning so I can borrow someone elses ideas and recipes, Good luck!

Oh yea we're not even looking to buy yet this year, just to get an apartment that her and I and the inlaws can co-habitate. We have some debt issues to get under control before we try and buy a house, so that's a 2015 goal. I'm starting to try and write this stuff down so I can keep track:

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/39066-tods-second-draft/

Currently we are sharing a place with some of our friends, and the arrangement is becoming less than ideal. Nothing against our friends we're staying with, just that our priorities have shifted. Something like five years ago when we all moved in together drinking and smoking until dawn was the norm. We're moving on from that phase of life into new careers and goals, and our friends haven't yet.

The hardest part about all of that for me right now is that there's animosity creeping into the relationship on both sides. My friends have a hard time understanding why I want different things, and I suspect they feel left behind. I just wish the house was cleaner and little things like that. So in the interest of remaining friends it's time to stop being room mates.

I posted a life hack! I think it's kind of long winded...if it were an actual article I'd like to make it shorter and more to the point. Lemme know what y'all think:

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/39687-life-hack-shaving/

Priorities change and I have total respect for how you are handling this and the fact you are rooming with friends. How do you think living with the in-laws will be? I know that can either be great or interesting. I hope for great.

The question isn't who's going to let me, it's who's going to stop me!     

~(to come when I remember)

Level 3 Adventurer

Huge NF Meet up?

Polls for marathon meet up: States   International (more info click the link above!)

You are right on the pre planning, I find things rarely go as planned! But you have a game plan that should work and people around to help with the Koran language

Level 3 Adventurer

Huge NF Meet up?

Polls for marathon meet up: States   International (more info click the link above!)

Hey Tod,

Thanks so much for posting your tracker! I pretty much copied it exactly and switched the goals (and the color scheme), and I feel like this is reeeally going to help me stay on track! I'm an aspiring druid on looking forward to leveling up in life. Good luck with the move! I'm moving this month, too, and while it's really time-consuming and can be really stressful, a physical move can be really helpful for shifting the mind into a different gear--that's what I'm looking forward to.

And huzzah to language learning! I want to incorporate German language into my next challenge :)

Here's my tracker: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Am0PC49Jb9sOdC1TLUVUMllMWGtLUmR5OUs2a1JtMXc&usp=sharing Looking forward to cheering you on in your goals!

Level 2 Half-Elf Druid

STR 1 | DEX 1 | STA 2 | CON 3 | WIS 4 | CHA 2

Current Challege

"Knowledge is a weapon. I intend to be formidably armed."

"If the road is easy, you're likely going the wrong way."

(from Terry Goodkind, the Sword of Truth series)

I did read your life hack but it doesn't really apply to me so I can't give you much in the way of feed back but I think it's a good length, it explains your thoughts clearly.

Level 3 Adventurer

Huge NF Meet up?

Thank you guys for the encouragement and looking at my little article.

I'll check in on everybody's progress soon =]

Well I forgot the challenge started today lol but I did practice squats with my training officer for about ten minutes. I was lifting and lowering the gurney a little off because my squats aren't the best.

Alright well i'm off to a really slow start on this one. I've been feeling under the weather since late last week and training days at work were wiping me out. So I practiced lifting the gurney with 300lbs with weight on it, that can sort of qualify as kettle bell time. The other goals though have fallen aside :(

I'm hurtin pretty bad right now but I'm gonna bust out some yoga and a meditation session to get this challenge started. And hopefully later tonight my lady and I will have time to talk through our meals and go out to the grocery store.

Get better! Completing a challenge while ill sucks and I agree 300lb gurney probably counts as a kettle bell lift! Nah, scratch the probably, I vote it does!!

• Like 1

Level 3 Adventurer

Huge NF Meet up?

Get better! Completing a challenge while ill sucks and I agree 300lb gurney probably counts as a kettle bell lift! Nah, scratch the probably, I vote it does!!

I counted it. And I'm feeling a lot better toady thank you for the well wishes. But I have to work a twelve hour shift at 2000, so I won't have any time to do much but yoga and mediate today =/ so week one is gonna be a wash in this challenge and that's how the cookie crumbles.

I am really happy to be working though...I've been unemployed for two months and the savings have run out.

What do you do for work? The gurney but has me curious!

And I completely understand the 12 hour shift, those are what mine are and part of the reason I'm working on balance.

Level 3 Adventurer

Huge NF Meet up?

I'm sure you will do great, I have a couple of friends who are EMTs and I was a field medic for a couple of years, so I know a little of what you are getting into. Good luck on your first shift

Level 3 Adventurer

Huge NF Meet up?

Hi tod, and welcome to the Druids!

I like your goals, what is your plan to make them happen and fit into your shifts with long hours?

Did you meditate and do yoga before ? If not, take it slow and start easy. Allow for rest days. It will be more fun and get easier that way.

(And remember the grading ;-)

I hope you feel better soon!

I have chosen to believe in myself.

Yeah. This challenge is coming out pretty sloppy.

On my first challenge I was unemployed the entire six weeks so I had a very smooth daily routine that consisted of very little outside my challenge (and I still didn't do it 100%!)

This time my work schedule is all over the place and I have an hour commute one way, sharing the car with my fiance means I'm spending a lot of time waiting in the car for her to be finished, or my shift to start, ect. All in all we're out of the house for 12+hours a day at the moment and my start times are all over the place, changing as little as a few hours before my shift sometimes.

Routine has been shattered, my stress levels are through the roof.... =(

I should've scaled back the challenge even more considering the situation I'm in but that's my style...set standards too high, miss too high standards, then just turn my back in frustration.

Well today begins week 3 and I'm gonna get some walking going here before it's too late to be seen outside in my sweatpants lol. I'll try to get something decent on the last four weeks of this challenge, and by New Year I (supposedly) will have a more regular schedule with this company.

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines