Arilian Princess get's unlost

Arilian Princess

This challenge is all about finding a balance in my life, I tend to find that I go way to the left or way to the right and then try to counter balance and it never really works.....

So finding a happy balance, I do consider my last challenge to be a failure since I wasn't in the grove of it and just didn't bother applying myself. But I have completed two challenges before that and I'm working to make this number 3 completed.

I'm currently staying over at a friends watching her daughter and eating the food in their house. Which is kind of questionable since 2/3 of the family hate veggies like the plague. But as of Sunday night, the parents are home and I can go back to my own over stuffed freezer. I am an oil field operator which means on my work days I work a 12 hour shift and then have a 45 minute drive each way, this makes for a long day so I need to be prepared for it a head of time because every time I plan to cook at work; things break. A lot! I also have three fish, two cats and two dogs, my sister and her daughter living with me so my house is full. My sister also things a complete meal is a can of soup. So this isn't going to be an easy challenge but I'm looking forward to it.

Alright, the important stuff as I figure out this tiny keyboard

Goal 1: Drink me water: A minimum of three water bottles a day, aiming for four.

Goal 2: Get me moving: Either I am to complete a 10 minute Tae-bo lesson or take my dogs for a walk on work days. Days off I will do both. Minimum walks with the dogs is 2K; this is going to be vital since the dogs are going through dominance issues and I've been bitten while breaking them up once. Tetanus shot and a bruised hand and I'm good to go!

Goal 3: Listen to at least one chapter of my Japanese lessons every day, I'm traveling there in April. A basic understanding of the language will be vital!

Goal 4: Freezer meals: Heh, I have so much food in my freezer that needs to be cooked and eaten so I'm challenging myself to only eating what I have in my house over the next six weeks. I will have a stash of $100 for almond milk and fresh veggies but once that money's gone. It's gone.

Mini goals: Brush teeth both am and pm, I'm horrible for the am. Complete my power engineering course and write my exam. And post to a personal blog every day, even about the little stuff. I need to get into the habit of writing again.

I have set up a work sheet that has check marks for each of the above and room to write things out as required.

Nice to meet all of you!

• Like 1

The question isn't who's going to let me, it's who's going to stop me!     

~(to come when I remember)

Level 3 Adventurer

Huge NF Meet up?

Polls for marathon meet up: States   International (more info click the link above!)

Hello! I can relate to you in many ways, especially with finding balance, so I will be following you and hopefully learning with you. I'm also hoping you're paleo so we can share recipes or meal ideas!

I will be working my way paleo after my freezer is cleaned out but I do have some good recipes I use now. I need to clean out my freezer and not put that food to waste and Japan has a lot of grains and rice so probably not full paleo until after that. But it is something I'm working towards!

Level 3 Adventurer

Huge NF Meet up?

Polls for marathon meet up: States   International (more info click the link above!)

Good lookin' goals, the pets can affect us a lot more than we sometimes give them credit for. It can take a lot make them happy and balanced so our lives can feel that way too.

Good luck with Japanese, learning Korean needs to be in my goals next challenge. I'll be trying to find a place to live with my in-laws who are from there, and their English is limited.

I'll keep tabs on you if you keep checking in on me.

Good luck with the Korean, talking to your extended family is always good!

And yeah the pets definitely affect us. Both dogs have been 'adopted' to me. AKA, I never actually picked them, they picked me. :)

Level 3 Adventurer

Huge NF Meet up?

Welcome to the Druids!

Your goals are well chosen!

For paleo: You cant say rice is good in paleo, but for most europeans the worst thing is gluten. ;)

So it is ok to have some rice for the way up to a paleo diet. Just reduce the rice portion by 2 rice corns everytime ;)

You should try beeing completely paleo for some weeks somewhen. If you were really strict and then introduce foods like rice or dairy one by one you can notice their effects on you and decide if they are worth it!

Fate whispers to the warrior: "You cannot withstand the storm."

The warrior whispers back:
 "
I am the storm."

I probably didn't state it right, I have a tendency to over type my phone. Eventually I want to go full paleo but will not tackle such a thing until after my three weeks in Japan in April.

I am usually very limited in the wheat I eat since I get inflamed joints when I eat to many breads so its only the rest of it I need to cut out. But gluten free in Japan will be a real challenge without going full paleo. I'm not ready for a challenge that big. :)

I have several allergies so there are quite a few foods I already have to avoid so its only a matter of time before I completely adjust to a paleo life style. And I don't want to waste what is in my freezer so I'm starting with a clean out there.

Level 3 Adventurer

Huge NF Meet up?

AP! Hello, found you! Sounds like Druids will be good for you this challenge :)

Japan is incredible - which bit are you heading to? I was there in July this year, if you can speak the language they really, really appreciate it. The public transport there is incredible too, but out method of getting around was describing the symbols, such as "the light hanging from the TV bracket" and "sarcastic smiley face".

Never under-estimate how lovely the people out there are either; several times we were lost, Japanese people with a firm grasp of English came over and offered help.

Amazing place!

Level 6 Pirate-Ninja Ranger

“If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude. Don’t complain.†~Maya Angelou

(STR - 12) (DEX - 8) (STA - 12) (CON - 14) (WIS - 12) (CHA - 8)

CHALLENGE 6: Neph Arrives fashionably late.

Today was pretty quiet around here, I woke up at 5 am but didn't drag myself out of bed until probably 10, this definately shot my morning to hell but I probably needed that extra rest.

I made some raspberry lemon pancakes but got mad when trying to flip them and they broke apart so now I have one giant ass baked pancake that I need to cut into squares tomorrow. A pancake without wheat, will share the reciepe later. These things have got bite, should have used a little more maple syrup to sweeten them. Ah well I like them. Started in on my homework, I got two chapters done and was getting ready to work on a third when I got a call to come to my father's aid since he was lifting a 20 foot board 15 feet in the air on his own. Up side, I did get to see my week old neice and actually get to hold her. :)

After that I took my dogs for a walk and now I'm purusing the NF forms and tying to pick which order I'm going after what's left on my to dos. I don't think I will get all five chapters I wanted done tonight but I still have tomorrow. Around visits with a friend or two. I also need to get a new pair of cover alls!

Level 3 Adventurer

Huge NF Meet up?

those pancakes sound awesome, well pancake, im curious as to what else you ate today because you mentioned you were transitioning into paleo. and what are you going to japan for, thats sounds amazing

I like your goals!  Is the water goal a challenge for you because you don't usually drink enough, or because you prefer the taste of other beverages?  (Or some other reason?)

I don't drink enough water but I will admit that I tend to drinl quite a bit of pop when it's in the house but if I don't buy it I rarely go through sugar cravings. I can't have most juices since I'm allergic to grapes and it's used a sweetener.

Hey Arillian, good luck with your challenge and good luck with your move into Druids! I will subscribe so I can keep up with you!

Thanks and sounds great!

those pancakes sound awesome, well pancake, im curious as to what else you ate today because you mentioned you were transitioning into paleo. and what are you going to japan for, thats sounds amazing

Yesterday wasn's so good on the paleo front but today I had chili and a veggie chower. Now the chowder did have cream in it but a ton of veggies. Soup has to be one of my favorites on cold days.

AP! Hello, found you! Sounds like Druids will be good for you this challenge :)

Japan is incredible - which bit are you heading to? I was there in July this year, if you can speak the language they really, really appreciate it. The public transport there is incredible too, but out method of getting around was describing the symbols, such as "the light hanging from the TV bracket" and "sarcastic smiley face".

Never under-estimate how lovely the people out there are either; several times we were lost, Japanese people with a firm grasp of English came over and offered help.

Amazing place!

I'm actually heading to about 10 different cites, Tokyo, Hiroshima, osen hot springs and buddist temples are a couple so I'm going to get a feel for it. And I feel like I should make an effort to knowing some of the langague, they learned english. ;) 

We are part of a tour so they are going to teach us the transportation system which will be nice since we are on our own for the last three days. Disneyland Japan, here we come! But I totally get the feeling that describing the symbols is how we are going to get around. haha

Level 3 Adventurer

Huge NF Meet up?

Today has not been a great day, I got the dogs out for a walk and actually did several chapters of homework. I am still about five chapters behind where I was hoping to be tonight but I will take it. Progress is progress.

And other than tomorrow looking like a 24 hour day, it will be good and I will get all my goals done. :) My boss wants me at work tomorrow for 8:30am until who knows when and then I leave for work again at 6:00pm and work through until 8:00am. Just a little day tomorrow. Heh, oh well. Let's do it.

Level 3 Adventurer

Huge NF Meet up?

Progress is indeed progress! You're still further along than you would have been if you had done nothing! So big up yo self :)

Drinking water is definitely going to be a difficult one for me because i tend to go all day without anything, but that needs to stop now (2 pints of very weak squash has already happened this morning). But i just find plain water so boring so i've found an all natural squash that i add a little to the water to take the blah away. 

And how awesome is that trip going to be!!! I am completely jealous of you! The biggest trip i ever took was around the Scandinavian countries and Russia, but it was only day trips around the cities.

Level 3 Human-Bear Hybrid Assasin Daily Battle Log

My Current Challenge

Nerds Assemble!

Past challenges 1,2

The biggest trip i ever took was around the Scandinavian countries and Russia, but it was only day trips around the cities.

Haha, I think I'm jealous, I wish I lived close enough for day trips to other cities.

So tired so I think a power nap before I read through more threads or update my own. I have people to spy on!

Level 3 Adventurer

Huge NF Meet up?

it was a 2 week holiday on a boat and we went to the cities as day trips just to get off the boat lol, so i didnt just go for the day if you know what i mean lol

It was amazing though, i went to St Petersburg to the Hermitage and that was quite possibly my favourite museum EVER! If i could figure out how to post images i'd upload a few on here for you :)

Level 3 Human-Bear Hybrid Assasin Daily Battle Log

My Current Challenge

Nerds Assemble!

Past challenges 1,2

Your "bad day" didn't sound too bad, you attended to at least half of your goals.

Have you tried drinking water with some lemon or lime juice in it? For some reason that gets me drinking it more regularly.

I actually don't mind straight water my problem is remembering to drink it when I'm at home. I do great with it at work. I don't know but I will probably add lime or lemon at some point.

it was a 2 week holiday on a boat and we went to the cities as day trips just to get off the boat lol, so i didnt just go for the day if you know what i mean lol

It was amazing though, i went to St Petersburg to the Hermitage and that was quite possibly my favourite museum EVER! If i could figure out how to post images i'd upload a few on here for you :)

I know how to upload them on my phone, I'm still working on the internet part. Haha, now that you have a spiffy new internet connection. Have them up on FB? I can pop over there and look too.

Level 3 Adventurer

Huge NF Meet up?

So that twnety minute nap last night, yeah it never happened. I just ran around like a zombie for the last four hours and I only managed about six hours today for sleep, which is alright but this girl needs so much more sleep. One good thing about last night is I went through 4 bottles of water, I did just go home and sleep instead of taking the dogs out for a walk.

But when I woke up I did take them out so today is covered, I just need to go and find my water bottle because I'm behind in the liquid department.

Level 3 Adventurer

Huge NF Meet up?

I love my dogs, I love my dogs.... heh, well I would if they could figure out that I sleep during the day when on night shifts and having to get up at 1 to let their sorry asses outside isn't helping my sleeping any. Pretty sure they figure since they sleep all night why should you sleep all day? The cats, the cats at least curl up and enjoy the sleep time during the day.

I haven't taken the dogs out for the past two days but we've had close to 6 inchs of snow, so I've been shoveling lots of snow and I don't really trust drivers during the first major snow fall.

I have been drinking all my water and while I had one laspe of purchasing food, the rest of the time I've been eating things in my house. And I realize I have a lot of unhealthy foods there and that I like quick foods when I come home from work. Two three bites and bed type meals. None of this cooking stuff. Ah well, I will look into making a meal plan and that way I will have left overs to handle that.

I am also working on creating a to do list before my 30th birthday next October. It's a big mile stone, might as well make it count! So that's also on the to do list.

Level 3 Adventurer

Huge NF Meet up?

Ooooh I'm keen to see the to-do list. In a couple years time, I turn 30, and my dad turns 60, I'm keen to get a head start on bucket lists if I can!

Naps are the most amazing thing omg. I'm pretty sure the world would be a calmer place if everyone napped a little more often.

Level 6 Pirate-Ninja Ranger

“If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude. Don’t complain.†~Maya Angelou

(STR - 12) (DEX - 8) (STA - 12) (CON - 14) (WIS - 12) (CHA - 8)

CHALLENGE 6: Neph Arrives fashionably late.

Making a bucket list is on my to-do list too... but I've no idea when I'm actually going to get around to making it, let alone doing it! What sort of things do you want on your list AP?

Check out my character here!

Previous challenges: one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, eleven, twelve, thirteen, fourteen, fifteen, sixteen, seventeen, eighteen, nineteen,

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." Mark Twain.

My list kind of stalled out since I've spent the last three days in minus 20 celcius or lower temptatures ( I think we hit -30) and equipment that doesn't like the cold. Which means I've been sending upwards of 9 hours in a 12 hour shift out side, all I've been this past four days is wiped. I have been drinking some water but not nearly enough because I stopped carring it with me the second time I froze my water bottle off in an hour. :) Food, had been what I've been able to get my hands on, most of the canned stuff I have stored at work and a dish I thought was spaghetti saucse but turned out to be the meat mix for lazaunga. So I've had that as something warm to eat. But I have an office to clean because tonight is my last night for the week (hopefully) I'm on call for the next two nights in case we repeat the last three days.

But today is a wait at home for Telus to come by and fix my interent again so I will get my water in and a lot of cleaning in my house because it needs it. And more snow shoveling.

:)

Level 3 Adventurer

Huge NF Meet up?

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines