• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

TUESDAY (So far...)

I HAVE THE NEXT 3 DAYS OFF OF WORKKKKKKK!!! YIPPPEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

Workout1:

Gym

Run 1 mile (warm-up)

Then 4 Sets of:

10 slow kicks, 10 fast kicks (side, front, back, turning....changing each round)

20 squat jumps

20 alternating toe taps in standard plank

25 sit-ups

1 min rest

Then 3 sets of:

20 weighted walking lunges (15#DBs)

10 weighted ugly burpees (15#DBs)

20 plie jump squats

Then 3 sets of:

Supported headstand holds:  controlled bringing legs up

15 sec fully erect (teeeheeee)

15 sec half erect (ok, just stop it) - like upsidedown "L" sit

controlled bringing it down to child's pose

*note -  I no longer have to use the wall as a safety net!!! I just do my headstand right there all out in the open. It is AWESOME.

So far.....having just gotten this movement, I haven't fallen, but I'm confident that if I loose balance for whatever reason I would just tuck and roll behind me like a somersault. I'm still giddy about this move - It makes me feel so together. :D

- as a result, I added "Do a headstand on a white beach at sunset" to my bucket list.

- Why, you ask? That is so strangely specific..

Because a) I've never seen a white beach; only Gulf of Mexico, San Fran Bay and NY Harbour. All disgusting.

B) I want to see a sunset on the horizon upside down - so I don't know which is the beginning or end

c) I had it on my list of things to do before I turn 30, but that seems to be fast approaching so I'm loosing hope.

d) Because I can do a friggin' headstand

Anything else? no? Ok, I'm glad we all agree.

Anyroad, after that workout, my legs were like "WHY ARE YOU USING US ALL OF THE SUDDEN?!?!?". So I made a deal with them (gah, they are like little kids sometimes..) I told them they could stop now, but they have to go to Boxing and TaeKwon-Do tonight. They reluctantly agreed.

No lifting today per Starting Strength.

Boxing and TKD tbp.

Another Buffy fan over here, and One more time with feeling is my jam! I seriously sometimes put that episode up on netflix if I am feeling down, it has a tendancy to lighten my mood pretty reliably! Oh, and props on the headstand. They are a lot of fun!

Agreed with what?

Ooooooh, don't try and get out of it now!

Another Buffy fan over here, and One more time with feeling is my jam! I seriously sometimes put that episode up on netflix if I am feeling down, it has a tendancy to lighten my mood pretty reliably! Oh, and props on the headstand. They are a lot of fun!

Yay! Welcome, fellow Buffy nerd! The more, the merrier! :)

Yes, I listened to "Give Me Something to Sing About" and now it is stuck in my head forever I think.

Thanks, Caponerd! :D

Omigosh I've always wanted to go there!!

(Seeing the Northern lights is a side-quest on my bucket list)

In my nearly 35 years I have yet to see it. Probably easier to see a bit closer to Canada. Hey, if you ever do come up this way, we'll ferry up there and try to see it.

In my nearly 35 years I have yet to see it. Probably easier to see a bit closer to Canada. Hey, if you ever do come up this way, we'll ferry up there and try to see it.

D'aww. I know several people that have seen them in Washington. LOOK HARDER xD

Perhaps, we need to have an awesome- NF-PNW-ferrying-light-following-meet-up. *licks, pencil, adds to list

In the meantime, you will have to settle with....NASA? (Houston doesn't have much offer....sorry.)

D'aww. I know several people that have seen them in Washington. LOOK HARDER xD

Perhaps, we need to have an awesome- NF-PNW-ferrying-light-following-meet-up. *licks, pencil, adds to list

In the meantime, you will have to settle with....NASA? (Houston doesn't have much offer....sorry.)

I guess I just haven't paid attention.

Yeah, I'll "settle" for NASA. Don't sell it short. I should have followed my Hawks down when they played the Texans. I have to get my girlfriend more active in the community on here so she'll be more willing to do a cross country meet up.

I guess I just haven't paid attention.

Yeah, I'll "settle" for NASA. Don't sell it short. I should have followed my Hawks down when they played the Texans. I have to get my girlfriend more active in the community on here so she'll be more willing to do a cross country meet up.

Yes! We don't bite! I'll have to go say hello to our little scout :)

TUESDAY (Con't)

Boxing:

Heaven's to Betsy, I can't feel my upper back!!

Coach decided that since he hadn't seen me in a week (gah, shameful betwixt challenges laziness) that he should torture me to his hearts' content.

Warm-up - 3 sets of 3 min jump rope

3 sets of 3 min on speed bag

Then he hooked me up to the torture resistance bands. yipeeeeeeee - (said in my best my-soul-is-sinking voice)

For those of you who don't know from last challenge, let me bring you up to date..

I started amateur boxing last challenge. My coach, who is rather a lot like an ex-con/mafia/brooklyn/badass, has these metal brackets EVERYWHERE in his gym. They are coming out of the floor, on the walls, from the ceiling, and I'm sure other places I have yet to discover. The purpose of these brackets is to hook up resistance bands of all colors and tension. The other end of the band attaches to either the legs, arms, hands, waist, or sometimes neck....of some poor schmuck. (That's me, guys!!! )

Sooo, I got the belt and the wrist wraps this time and was hooked up to the wall (two bands going from my waist to the wall and one on each of my hands)

With that I did 4- 3 min rounds shuffling and punching.

I was set free from my bondage and put on the 16oz gloves. The rest after this was 10 3 min rounds of drills.

I spent 4 rounds on the uppercut bag, 4 rounds on the heavy bag, and 2 rounds on the Bob dummy. (why is he wearing a skirt?)

Much sweat and tears. (me, not Bob)

TaeKwon-Do

Sooo, my instructor did his usual thing when he sees me walk into the advanced class:  Oh - Ms. Fraser is here....now I can go home while she teaches class.

This was fine with me....that way I can mold the workout to what I want to do. Muahahahahahahhhaaaa.

In this case, it's KICKING since my upperback and arms are noodles now.

Very stretch-y warm-up followed by kicking drills.

Then I chose 5 students tell me a part of any Kata on which they were having difficulty with the moves or technique. I chose 8 movements from this Kata and drilled them 20 times each.

After that, I got them in front of the heavy bag and worked on power kicks. 2 sets of 50 power lead leg sidekicks each leg and 2 sets of power turning kicks (roundhouse) each leg.

Pretty decent workout. :)

Sorry for the late update......today's will be posted later. :)

You know, when I was actually on top of my game, you made me feel like a slacker.  Now that I'm at the bottom of my game, I feel like a giant couch potato.  Sheesh.

Also, totally watched Once More With Feeling yesterday.  It was glorious.

I did a post root canal Buffy-thon yesterday. I'm almost through the first season. I'm constitutionally incapable of skipping seasons to get to the good stuff. I have truly missed out by waiting until now to watch. Plus, it's making me nostalgic for the 90s. 

Bob dummy is totally wearing a skirt and looks like the guy who played John "Corn" Griffin in the movie Cinderella Man. 

Bob's not wearing a skirt! Those are Everlast Shorts!

"But, Kishi, aren't shorts really just divided skirts that men find socially acceptable to wear?"

Oh, shut up, you!

Resistance bands make everything better. I'm using them now to work on throws. They're awesome for that kind of thing. Hope you're not too banged up today, though.

You know, when I was actually on top of my game, you made me feel like a slacker.  Now that I'm at the bottom of my game, I feel like a giant couch potato.  Sheesh.

Also, totally watched Once More With Feeling yesterday.  It was glorious.

What?!?! NO!!!

1. You are at least BESIDE your game ;)

2. Take it as MOTIVATION of self- efficacy, not focusing on deficiencies

3. As did I.....twice ;)

I did a post root canal Buffy-thon yesterday. I'm almost through the first season. I'm constitutionally incapable of skipping seasons to get to the good stuff. I have truly missed out by waiting until now to watch. Plus, it's making me nostalgic for the 90s. 

Bob dummy is totally wearing a skirt and looks like the guy who played John "Corn" Griffin in the movie Cinderella Man. 

You know, I can't think of a more PERFECT way to spend time post root canal. Genius.

I'm the same.....the first 2 seasons can be pretty lame, but I dare not miss any of the storyline! I shall endure 90's teenyboppers.

Oh! You, know, I've never actually SEEN Cinderella Man. I heard it was good...

Bob's not wearing a skirt! Those are Everlast Shorts!

"But, Kishi, aren't shorts really just divided skirts that men find socially acceptable to wear?"

Oh, shut up, you!

Resistance bands make everything better. I'm using them now to work on throws. They're awesome for that kind of thing. Hope you're not too banged up today, though.

I see no division. That's totes a skirt.

Gives me more reason to punch him in the face. (How dare you look better in a skirt than I!)

Ooooh, throwing down with the bands, eh? That has got to be a funny workout to watch ;)

Kishi, I'm supposed to tell you that ninjas are assassins, not monks.

Ha! Kish.....she was lecturing me last night when I was telling her how you are making us all take cold showers. I said the word ninja - and got a lecture.

I told her to save it for Kishi. Didn't mean to throw you under the bus - I had to divert......it was older sister lecturing......couldn't help.....

Tell that to our ninja GL.

Oh! SNAP! Ok, a lot of throwing under the bus here...

(Or we are hiding our secrets...)

(or else Devyn is just THAT scary...)

I will!  Who is it?

I shall quote them this

Nice quote. Especially the OPEN COMBAT part. Can you do that in your parkour, assassin? Oh right, that's just RUNNING AWAY ALL FANCY-LIKE!

If you knew he wouldn't be a very good ninja now would he?

Sent from a phonical device. Please excuse the shortness

Oh! Looks who's back from his holiday all full of truth and lurking!

HAI!! :D

If you knew he wouldn't be a very good ninja now would he?

Damn. You got me there.

Nice quote. Especially the OPEN COMBAT part. Can you do that in your parkour, assassin? Oh right, that's just RUNNING AWAY ALL FANCY-LIKE!

Hey! We fight too! We're assassins!  What do you think I'm trying to get boxing gloves for? And to steal free TKD lessons from go to TKD with you?