No, they don't. They're assassins.

Bah, your argument is obtuse. Some ninjas were undoubtedly assassins, just as some were undoubtedly yamabushi, mountain ascetics.

Ninjas could be whichever they wanted to be, as they didn't really fit into any of the social categories that existed in the Feudal era.

I mean, what are you? Some kind of ninja-racist?

Hey! We fight too! We're assassins!  What do you think I'm trying to get boxing gloves for? And to steal free TKD lessons from go to TKD with you?

Most of the assassins I know of use a sniper riffle from long distance.

(Except Beatrix Kiddo - who trained under a monk)

Wait, ninjas count as monks? I'll have to rethink my planned story segments then…

It's apparently debatable. Don't change your storyline yet...

No, they don't. They're assassins.

monks1.jpg

Bah, your argument is obtuse. Some ninjas were undoubtedly assassins, just as some were undoubtedly yamabushi, mountain ascetics.

Ninjas could be whichever they wanted to be, as they didn't really fit into any of the social categories that existed in the Feudal era.

Oh, Snap!!! 

byhauntes-BAM.gif

Not sure yet..

If I'm invited? (I'm not a lifter - and I think that is what they are doing) Or if I will know anyone? (Still a new nerd)

Or where I will stay.

1) Duh, you are invited. It's an NF meetup

2) We are lifting and hanging out/eating bbq and playing board games. You are welcome to lift as well, but if not just come hang out, relaxing, drink. etc. 

3) You know me :P And Pixie. And hammi. And llw. I promise to make you two fight. 

4) Since I have met you you are welcome at Casa de Bigm. Along with like 10 other nerds. :) (oh god where am I going to put them all!) 

5) have you not seen the meetup thread? It's ridiculous. 

Not sure yet..

If I'm invited? (I'm not a lifter - and I think that is what they are doing) Or if I will know anyone? (Still a new nerd)

Or where I will stay.

You'd know bigm, chammy, Loren, me, SirEarl ... etcetc. Not everyone is lifting. (Plus even when I'm lifting, I'll be a noob.) I'm staying in a hotel buuut maybe bigm will lend you some floor space since you met him already? I'm bugging him for you. :tongue:

... edit: he beat me to it. -____-

1) Duh, you are invited. It's an NF meetup

2) We are lifting and hanging out/eating bbq and playing board games. You are welcome to lift as well, but if not just come hang out, relaxing, drink. etc. 

3) You know me :tongue: And Pixie. And hammi. And llw. I promise to make you two fight. 

4) Since I have met you you are welcome at Casa de Bigm. Along with like 10 other nerds. :) (oh god where am I going to put them all!) 

5) have you not seen the meetup thread? It's ridiculous. 

YOU HAVE A MEET UP THREAD OF AWESOME?!?!?!? 

*goes and searches*

HOLY FOURTH AMENDMENT, BATMAN!!!

1. Aww, Thanks :)

2. Lift the BBQ??

3. Wait, which two??

4. Thanks! ....I don't take up much room...

5. See above

You'd know bigm, chammy, Loren, me, SirEarl ... etcetc. Not everyone is lifting. (Plus even when I'm lifting, I'll be a noob.) I'm staying in a hotel buuut maybe bigm will lend you some floor space since you met him already? I'm bugging him for you. :tongue:

... edit: he beat me to it. -____-

Wow, I didn't realize just how many nerds were coming! I'll definitely have to make an appearance...I feel my nerdom depends on it now.

I can lift noobie-style! Woo!

I want to go to the monks meetup =(

Also, the beauty of a ninja is that you can be whatever you want. Pirate Ninja (Kukishinden Ryu), Samurai Ninja (hattori hanzo), etc...

But what defines a Monk? Someone who practices Buddhism in a secluded area and trains martial arts.

What defines an Assassin? Someone who is hired to kill.

Ninja are only monks who get paid to kill people.

But let's wait for what the so-called All-Knowing Ninja GL Authority says.

I want to go to the monks meetup =(

Also, the beauty of a ninja is that you can be whatever you want. Pirate Ninja (Kukishinden Ryu), Samurai Ninja (hattori hanzo), etc...

But what defines a Monk? Someone who practices Buddhism in a secluded area and trains martial arts.

What defines an Assassin? Someone who is hired to kill.

Ninja are only monks who get paid to kill people.

But let's wait for what the so-called All-Knowing Ninja GL Authority says.

the_more_you_know.jpeg

I'm gonna file a complaint for ninja racism - expect to hear from my ninja-lawyers. 

ninjalawyermain.jpg

oh, I should probably post workouts for today (so far)..

WEDNESDAY:

Workout 1:

Gym:

Run 1 mile with 30 sec of sprinting at 9.0 at end (treadmil)

Then 3 sets of:

25 Jumping squats

30 sec football drill (quick feet)

10 inch worms

Then 3 sets of:

10 burpees

30 sec jump rope

20 walking lunges

Then 3 Sets of:

20 alternating squat kicks (front, turning, side - one per set, respectively)

40 alternating toe taps in a standard plank

20 Bosu sit-ups

10 Bosu sit-up to full standing position

Starting Strength:

Back Squat:

3X5 @100 -

I had a rough time with leaning forward on this move today. Maybe it was fatigue, or I need to back off a bit of weight to master the form first. I'm still getting used to atg squat

Shoulder Press

3X5  @45

Deadlift

3X5  @135

Bench Press:

Got my days confused because I'm a retard so had to add this extra lift.

3X5 @ 70

All of this still seems weird to me - I want to add more sets!

Eating has been great so far. I'm actually having to force myself to eat more. Especially veggies. I haven't been hungry but I know I will need the fuel for the workouts.

Anyway - Boxing and TaeKwon-Do again tonight!

Have I mentioned I LOVE my days off???

tumblr_inline_mqovff8j0W1qz4rgp.png

Most of the assassins I know of use a sniper riffle from long distance.

(Except Beatrix Kiddo - who trained under a monk)

It's apparently debatable. Don't change your storyline yet...

monks1.jpg

Oh, Snap!!! 

byhauntes-BAM.gif

Apparently I'm outnumbered.

OOH CAN I COME TO THE MEETUP TOO?

Now I love your days off!!

Got to make a day of it.

Ferris-Bueller-s-Day-Off-gif-ferris-buel

Ugh. I must've done (at least) 1,000 inch worms during my time at CrossFit. Great way to warm up, though!

Wow....uh....well.....your 'warm-up' made my measly 30 look like child's play.

:/

I hear you, Warrior - I MUST WORK HARDER!!

Wahoo! Good job today. :)

Thanks! :D

Wahoooooo......

Homer-Dancing.gif

I'm late to your party, but I had to come because... BUFFY! I love your challenge immensely. 

I'm doing strict primal this challenge, too. I've done it before and it was hard as hell, but it was super rewarding.

I'm looking forward to MOAR Buffy.

Also, I'm now watching OMWF while at work. It's making the pain of overtime much more tolerable.

I want to go to Texas so bad. It's like a collection of all my NF heroes who in real life are just as goofy and nerdy as I am! 

Cinderella Man is a good movie. It's really where I got interested in boxing to begin with. The guy getting beat up by Russell Crowe in this scene looks like Bob to me. The link is to a scene of boxing, so depends on your work and family if it's safe.  :D

Seriously, I'm gonna get over there to visit y'all someday. With most of my family living in Iowa now, I really don't have an excuse. Some time in the next year, I'll be taking an extended vacation to just see everyone in the CST, and it'll be awesome.

I'm late to your party, but I had to come because... BUFFY! I love your challenge immensely. 

I'm doing strict primal this challenge, too. I've done it before and it was hard as hell, but it was super rewarding.

I'm looking forward to MOAR Buffy.

Also, I'm now watching OMWF while at work. It's making the pain of overtime much more tolerable.

YES!!

Welcome to the Buff-tastic thread my dear chickie monkey! :) Tent pitching is encouraged!

(By posting on this thread you agree that Cheechoe is not liable for any mental issues that may or may not come from subbing)

The primal diet it going well for me so far. I'm hoping to see some good results!! (There's muscle under there, I promise)

OMWF can make any horrible day better.

Thanks for stopping by! :)

WARNING:

Scrolling through the workout write-up of a Cheechoe "day off" and subsequent homage may result in injury.  Proceed with caution.

303389_poof_a_sausage.jpg

Hahaa.

You-Crack-Me-Up.png

band-aid??

I want to go to Texas so bad. It's like a collection of all my NF heroes who in real life are just as goofy and nerdy as I am! 

Cinderella Man is a good movie. It's really where I got interested in boxing to begin with. The guy getting beat up by Russell Crowe in this scene looks like Bob to me. The link is to a scene of boxing, so depends on your work and family if it's safe.  :D

I know! I'm going to be the newb around all the veterans! I think I'm just going to bring some popcorn and sit in the corner quietly and watch all the hilarity ensue.

Oooooo, now Ima havta watch that movie. *puts on netflicks queue*

Thanks for the suggestions joedog! :)

Seriously, I'm gonna get over there to visit y'all someday. With most of my family living in Iowa now, I really don't have an excuse. Some time in the next year, I'll be taking an extended vacation to just see everyone in the CST, and it'll be awesome.

YOU MUST!

Or perhaps we need to come to you. Like so many others before us who take a sabbatical and climb some frozen mountain to meet their Monk leader to train under whatever harsh circumstances he commands.

Then we shall all be uber.

YOU MUST!

Or perhaps we need to come to you. Like so many others before us who take a sabbatical and climb some frozen mountain to meet their Monk leader to train under whatever harsh circumstances he commands.

Then we shall all be uber.

Hmm. I'd have to find an epic waterfall for us to meditate under. That, or take y'all to the coast and do hill sprints on the dunes. And then freaking rassle a shark, just because.