A Fearkiller's life should not be boring!

Fearkiller

Background and the why:

20 years, second year into a BBA (Bachelor of Business Administration,

includes marketing, how to run a business and so on...).

Been doing well-ish in my studies, but I do not know if it is worth it.

My generic day consists of waking up, vague, not really productive hanging on a computer

(homework, gaming, random blogs and whatnot...)

Going to school, going through the lectures semi-attentively,

getting home, doing more of whatnot, going to sleep.

So, the days go by, turn into months, kind of vaning away, blending to one another so that I can't remember much

-at worst anything- that I could with honest heart say I am proud of or made someones' day.

Of course there is some spots of laugh-till-you-cry-moments, smiles and some cool stuff,

which I am grateful for, but they are rare. The rest of the life in between just... disappears.

The scary part comes, when I see I've realized this several times before:

"Where in the hell did the day/week/month go?"

Everytime doing nothing about it.

What sprurred me to do this challenge is when it hit me that this has happened to

A. Whole. Year.

-------------------------------------------------------
One: Break the boring (+2 WIS, +2 CHA)

Every week, find at least one medium-sized thing to do, that makes me feel

-happy, excited, scared - everything goes. Only requirement is that it spices things up a little.

Week one: Print several copies of the quote I made up in

"Let all the love sink in... And go and show it!",
and go drop them in random mailboxes around the neighbourhood.

"If you have someone in this world that you love, go right now and show that love!
Smile, hug, give a fiery kiss, cook good food, help with a dream she has.
Just something that makes her smile ... Think, let it sink in just how lucky you are;
maybe you never had met that person, if things had gone differently?
If you can get light, warmth, colour to someone's day
and through that to this often so dark and cold world,
have a go at it!"
Two: Doing what I need to, no more, no less (+1 WIS, +1 CHA)
Three hours of productive homework time per day.

That means NOT "10 min work, check e-mail, 15 min work, check out NF, 5 min work,

I could eat something..." and so on. Solid, focused chunks of tangible process!
Three: Hate the process, love the results (+1 STR, +1 DEX, , +2 CON, +2 CHA)
Work out 2x/week, as hard as I can. Bodyweight exercise circuits.
Must include warming up, the main exercises and streching.
Post the done routine here.

I think I hate working out, but only because of my laziness. Therefore I am obliged to try it.

Does that make sense? *handwave* Anyway, every time after a workout,

when I actively managed to do it in my previous challenges,

I felt like I had accomplished something. So, cheers to triumphes over laziness!
Four: Eat 5 healthy things a day (+1 CON, +1 CHA)
-2x 0,5 liter of water day
-3x fruit/vegetable or handfuls* of nuts/seeds

*handful = pile them to my cupped hand until they start to fall off

Also, I am in for the HOoRAY, found there ->

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/24603-pvs-the-honorable-order-of-rebellious-appraising-yeomen/

At the end of this challenge I want look you in the eyes and say I did my best.

"There is beauty in hardship / There are poems in grief" -Assemblage 23, Damaged

| STR:2.25 | DEX:2.25 | STA:2 | CON:1.25 | CHA:3.25 | WIS:7 | A place I will collect my woots - if I remember

Challenges | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 15.115.2 |

Milythaels'  HOoRAY for which I am grateful | Today, right now, I am alive. And that is good.

It is amazing the power of those small gestures of love and kindness have on our lives. <3 - Liberator

"I myself am made entirely of flaws, stiched together with good intentions." - Augusten Burroughs, Magical thinking:True stories

"Pick up the pieces and keep going, one painfully slow step at a time." Hiraedd the twice-risen, hamadryad. 

"Spread love and understanding. Use force if necessary." - Leon Trotsky

"Let me think about the people I care about the most, and when they fail or disappoint me, I still love them, I still give them chances, and I still see the best in them. Let me extend that generosity to myself." zefrank1, An Invocation for Beginnings

"I don't feel guilty for wanting. That's like being mad because you have to breathe or pee. It just is." Someone in Reddit

"If you do strange things, strange things will happen!"

"That's it! Now go make something beautiful." -Jake Parker

Great challenge!! You can do it!! :)

Scout - Level 15 Half-Elf Ranger

STR15 | DEX5.5 | STA17 | CON39.5 | WIS18 | CHA10.5 

Challenges: Current Challenge #18 | #17 Part 2 | #17#16#15#14#13#12 Part 2 | #12#11 | #10 | #9 | #8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 Part II | #4 | #3 | #2 | #1

My Blog | Facebook | My BeachBody | My NF Character

Spoiler

Lose 84 lbs (From 219 to 135): Current weight = 202.9

100%
19%

Walk to Mordor (Hobbiton to Mount Doom - 1779 miles) [so far: 1515.60 miles  - logged to 06/13/16

[progress=purple]85[/progress]

I did drink 10 dl of water today, and I ate 2 plates of salad and a can of sliced pineapple.

But I didn't get 3 hours of homework, barely 0,5 of dabbling around, and didn't spread the quote.

But on week two, I decided to do another free hugs stunt in a major store, if they let me.

And I will try on different chains until someone let's me!

I found Juan Manns video really mood-lifting, and the free-hugs thing a blast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4

"There is beauty in hardship / There are poems in grief" -Assemblage 23, Damaged

| STR:2.25 | DEX:2.25 | STA:2 | CON:1.25 | CHA:3.25 | WIS:7 | A place I will collect my woots - if I remember

Challenges | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 15.115.2 |

Milythaels'  HOoRAY for which I am grateful | Today, right now, I am alive. And that is good.

It is amazing the power of those small gestures of love and kindness have on our lives. <3 - Liberator

"I myself am made entirely of flaws, stiched together with good intentions." - Augusten Burroughs, Magical thinking:True stories

"Pick up the pieces and keep going, one painfully slow step at a time." Hiraedd the twice-risen, hamadryad. 

"Let me think about the people I care about the most, and when they fail or disappoint me, I still love them, I still give them chances, and I still see the best in them. Let me extend that generosity to myself." zefrank1, An Invocation for Beginnings

"I don't feel guilty for wanting. That's like being mad because you have to breathe or pee. It just is." Someone in Reddit

Do your quotes things have to be done on Monday?  I'd give until Saturday to do them unless Monday is the only opportunity.

Wow, do you really have enough homework to fill your days?  Get to it!

Do we need to yell at each other to get off Minecraft?  (Well, before sunrise is my best time to game.)

BTW, I'm Kelekona if you don't recognize me.  I'll try not to give you such a hard time if you don't look like you deserve it. :playful:  Did you ever stand on a streetcorner with a sign, or did you get your act together?

I have conditions that affect my social awareness.  If I am rude, tell me what I could do better.

5'8" & 220 260 pounds | Miles Walked: X

2019: | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Pre 2017: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | * | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 |

I like your goals this time. Sorry for the screw up.

Hey, I learned something: link your previous challenge to the next. Nothing to apologize for

Do your quotes things have to be done on Monday?  I'd give until Saturday to do them unless Monday is the only opportunity.

Wow, do you really have enough homework to fill your days?  Get to it!

Do we need to yell at each other to get off Minecraft?  (Well, before sunrise is my best time to game.)

BTW, I'm Kelekona if you don't recognize me.  I'll try not to give you such a hard time if you don't look like you deserve it. :playful:  Did you ever stand on a streetcorner with a sign, or did you get your act together?

Yeah, I have a whole week, so it is no catastrophe, but it tends to slip if I don't get to it

There wouldn't be that much, if I hadn't procrastinated so fiercely - which I'm good at

I am having trouble with gaming in general, eats way too much time from the wrong places

Oh right, hi Kelekona!

I liked your thought about standing on a streetcorner, got me doing something

Well, I did one free hugs thing on Valentines Day, and counted it as that.

I would put the link for your current challenge clearly in your signature that way if you post on someone else's board they can easily get to what you're up to.

Done!

Tuesday I drank 5 dl and ate 2 clementines (like oranges, but smaller)

Wednesday I drank 7 dl and ate one banana

On Thursday I drank 8 dl and didn't eat a single nutritious thing :(

Today (Friday) I drank 7 dl and ate two plates full of salad :)

The Plan, to which I will commit to

I need to say this out loud:

"Tomorrow I will work out"

Warm up: Burpees and running and fast stuff. There is a walkway going under a road nearby,

and the walls are at a 45 degrees angle, so I can do a "wallrun" of sorts -man that feels awesome

-like in Mirror's Edge and Matrix!

Exercises: "Run/walk 50m, 10 burpee-push-ups, run/walk 50m, 45sec plank"

-until 3 times or push-ups falter, when I switch them to burpees without push-ups

Cool down: walk home

Strech: legs back and abs, while listening music, trying to enjoy and feel the strech.

The Plan, to which I will commit to

I need to say this out loud:

"Tomorrow I will work out"

Warm up: Burpees and running and fast stuff. There is a walkway going under a road nearby,

and the walls are at a 45 degrees angle, so I can do a "wallrun" of sorts -man that feels awesome

-like in Mirror's Edge and Matrix!

Exercises: "Run/walk 50m, 10 burpee-push-ups, run/walk 50m, 45sec plank"

-until 3 times or push-ups falter, when I switch them to burpees without push-ups

Cool down: walk home

Strech: legs back and abs, while listening music, trying to enjoy and feel the strech.

Didn't strech enough, but will do it today. It really feels like I've done something :)

And despite the aches (I think my push-up form wasn't good) I feel better.

Positive reinforcement! :)

Pros: Drank the 1 liter today, and ate three plates of salad at lunch

Cons: I'm getting a sore throat, so I expect fever to be on it's way.

My shoulders aren't really my friends at the moment, I'm beginning to

think they aren't going to heal for wednesday, when I should have my

next workout. Anyhow, I will wait them to heal completely.

Off to do homework!

Bang! An article for a course is done!

One thing less to worry over!

Next!

I learned that I must post here as often as I can, or at least write goals down

somewhere, because I forgot how much I have been drinking. Sure I did drink

some, but guesswork isn't useful.

And I will rate the Break the Boring by how many things I did,

(max. 6) so that if I didn't get the thing done in the first week, it's not

lost altogether.

Going to alter the drinking goal so that any healthy fluid goes,

so for example blackcurrant juice and tea are okay, as long as there's

no added sugar in them, but sodas or coffee does not count.

18th ? liters, 2 clementines

19th 1 liter of tea and blackcurrant juice, one banana

20th 1 liter of tea and blackcurrant juice, one clementine - we have a big bag of these

21st 0.5 liters of water, one banana

22nd ? liters, one bowl of potato-carrot-paprika soup

Off to read to a test!

I've found that not accounting daily is pointless... unless you're doing a challenge that is specifically weekly, or only certain days of the week.  Magnets on the refrigerator would work for some goals.

I've gone to specifically not caring what day it is.  Logging daily would serve to remind me that time is passing, so I'm not doing it.

I have conditions that affect my social awareness.  If I am rude, tell me what I could do better.

5'8" & 220 260 pounds | Miles Walked: X

2019: | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Pre 2017: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | * | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 |

I've been logging my water intake as well. I've found 2 things that have helped me with that: 1. I use a liter bottle, so once I've filled and emptied it 3x I'm good on water for the day, and 2. I use an app called Water Log where there is a virtual person who you "fill up" with water and it shows you when you've hit 100%.

Challenges: Current Challenge #18 | #17 Part 2 | #17#16#15#14#13#12 Part 2 | #12#11 | #10 | #9 | #8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 Part II | #4 | #3 | #2 | #1

Spoiler

100%
19%

Walk to Mordor (Hobbiton to Mount Doom - 1779 miles) [so far: 1515.60 miles  - logged to 06/13/16

I've found that not accounting daily is pointless... unless you're doing a challenge that is specifically weekly, or only certain days of the week.  Magnets on the refrigerator would work for some goals.

I've gone to specifically not caring what day it is.  Logging daily would serve to remind me that time is passing, so I'm not doing it.

Yay for tossing out the metaphorical worry clock!

You're right about that.

The time still passes whether or not you're

tracking/worrying over it,

so why bother?

Trying to remember to look for cool

magnets when shopping.

Posting pics if I find any :)

I've been logging my water intake as well. I've found 2 things that have helped me with that: 1. I use a liter bottle, so once I've filled and emptied it 3x I'm good on water for the day, and 2. I use an app called Water Log where there is a virtual person who you "fill up" with water and it shows you when you've hit 100%.

3 liters/day, wow! Out of interest, how long have you tracked

and are/were you seeing any improvements?

Hungry, but I have some dried fruit/nut/whatnot mix with me!

Win!

• Like 1

Yay for tossing out the metaphorical worry clock!

You're right about that.

The time still passes whether or not you're

tracking/worrying over it,

so why bother?

Trying to remember to look for cool

magnets when shopping.

Posting pics if I find any :)

3 liters/day, wow! Out of interest, how long have you tracked

and are/were you seeing any improvements?

Hungry, but I have some dried fruit/nut/whatnot mix with me!

Win!

I only started tracking my water thus challenge, but I find I lose weight faster and I'm not as hungry if I drink all my water each day! I've not done well over the holiday and I can tell!!

Spoiler

100%
19%

I only started tracking my water thus challenge, but I find I lose weight faster and I'm not as hungry if I drink all my water each day! I've not done well over the holiday and I can tell!!

I have found out that the more I drink, the more I am thirsty.

And that it sure is doing something good.

Though I haven't been so consistent with it,

except for past 2 days

*poke poke poke*

Hey FearKiller, made any progress?

Ouch! :)

I realized that the last tracking was from 22nd

However, I can remember doing something, so I will just

say that each day 23rd to 30th I did 25 % on the water and 1 healthy thing

- probably did more, but that much I can feel sure of.

Then again, I have drank 1 full liter this Monday and Tuesday, and eaten 3 healthy things

(demolished half a bag of dried fruits - 2 'handful's on Monday+one banana,

Tuesday one banana, one clementine and one apple)

I have hit the 3h homework goal about twice, and dabbling on it some days.

But I crunched some numbers and came to the conclusion that I have about

9-10 weeks until a project deadline and still 110h of work in it. So that means

I need about 11 hours per week on that project alone. Sigh...

I let myself slip a lot because of the shoulder pain, even after it healed completely.

Not doing any since that running&pushups thing

Hoping to do well these last 3 weeks (6 workouts total) to patch that up.

9 dl water,

two apples, a piece of paprika, one banana

workout streching still to do

I need to do stuff right then and there - didn't strech today either

9 dl, one banana

I am probably going to a internet-free zone this weekend

One: Break the boring (+2 WIS, +2 CHA)

Every week, find at least one medium-sized thing to do, that makes me feel

-happy, excited, scared - everything goes. Only requirement is that it spices things up a little.

-----------------------

Two: Doing what I need to, no more, no less (+1 WIS, +1 CHA)

Three hours of productive homework time per day.

That means NOT "10 min work, check e-mail, 15 min work, check out NF, 5 min work,

I could eat something..." and so on. Solid, focused chunks of tangible process!

Three: Hate the process, love the results (+1 STR, +1 DEX, , +2 CON, +2 CHA)

Work out 2x/week, as hard as I can. Bodyweight exercise circuits.

Must include warming up, the main exercises and streching.

Post the done routine here.

Four: Eat 5 healthy things a day (+1 CON, +1 CHA)

-2x 0,5 liter of water day

-3x fruit/vegetable or handfuls* of nuts/seeds

*handful = pile them to my cupped hand until they start to fall off

Also, I am in for the HOoRAY, found there ->

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/24603-pvs-the-honorable-order-of-rebellious-appraising-yeomen/

At the end of this challenge I want look you in the eyes and say I did my best.

Did not break the boring, I kept living like before, because the challenge wasn't a priority.

And I ended up doing a lot of schoolwork on the last night before deadline... or 

several days after a deadline. Which was what the "3h homework/day" goal was meant to cure.

So, 2x fail.

*blushing* *avoids eye contact* *silence*

I can't say I did my best. But I did something. And even if failing (again), I learned from it.

I did not level up, because two goal failed alltogether, and the other two does not

compensate for them. I feel like cruching the numbers is useless.

I remember picking up from somewhere, that you don't really learn stuff

until you screw them royally yourself. In my case several times :)

But I refuse to let this be a pity-party.

The good stuff is that , I learned a bunch of stuff:

+ I need more accountability, maybe a real life acountabilibuddy or agreeing to pay friends $$$ if I fail.

+ If do not do something right away, it will fall off. Procrastination is murder.

+ Working out has to be fun, otherwise it is unnecessarily hard to do, especially in the beginning

+ I must pay special attention to momentum, because with the water drinking, I had some,

but not cultivating it led to failing.

+ I need to keep track of goals on the day I do them, or on the next day on the very latest,

otherwise I forget what I did and when

+ I need to balance gaming/schoolwork/general life stuff (sleep/food/movement)/inspirational mental self-growth stuff,

and focus on the important, right now gaming is taking a lot of my time

If it does not kill you,

it makes you stronger.

And, if it happened,

it happened.

I am still happy about taking part in the challenge,

because anything is better than nothing.

Even a pain from a failure.

And hey, I did rather well in the HOoRAY (29/42 positive things),

and still counting!

Yours with a smile,

Fearkiller

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines