Kim Taura Transitions

Is it me or all the guild leaders are starting to gather in the Monks guild? And who can blame them? =D

Soon, We'll bring the Almighty Tallest (Spezzy) here to witness our ingenius evil! MUAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA! HAAH! I said evil! AHAHAHAA!

So, anyways. I'm so glad you can join us and I hope that knee gets better. =D

I love this show

Of course, this.

Sick turtles make me sad. :(

Have you tried giving him pizza?

giphy.gif

+1. I'm surprised at the amount of people I've never seen before who pop in here bearing a guild leader or mod badge. (I dunno, maybe I'm still too much of a spring chicken.) It's not a problem or anything, but it does make me wonder if there's a nest somewhere. Or a portal to another dimension. Or something.

Also, why are you only allotting a total of 9 stat points, instead of 15? o_O

Well, I took last challenge off, so that's why you haven't seen me. Besides, we have Guild Leader magic. As for the 9, I award my points as I feel the goal is worth. 15 is the max. You don't have to max out. (Another GL, please correct me if I 'm wrong here.)

The magical muddy bean water is so potent that, despite being born of legumes, it is still Paleo. We do not question this. :D

There is a bean?

Unfortunately we can't tell you or we would have to ninja you ;) aaaannnnndddd I've been here a while, they're following me. Muhahahaha

Sent with awesomeness from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well, I have said for like 5 challenges I was eventually going to join the monks. It only took that long until I was at karate enough that I felt like a monk and not an ex-monk.

Of course, this.

Sick turtles make me sad. :(

Have you tried giving him pizza?

giphy.gif

I wish that would work! Keba called the vet and we are now able to give him antibiotics once every other day, so YAY! He also has a bunch of other stuff to tell me, but we are alright. They take a long time to heal, so I just have to be patient. He is eating well though. YAY!

As for me, my day has not been fun. My car didn't start at first and then my stomach still hurt all day. I basically only ate my snacks and not a single "meal". I did tag along for a Starbucks run and a Chipotle run and did not join in. I did have dairy and coffee, so it isn't a 100% paleo day. If I could find my thermometer, I would see that this just left over wheat germ issues and not salmonella from handling AT so much. (All turtles have it and he has scratched me and broken the skin.)

I am off to work on some kicks and then soak in the tub for a bit. No promises on the cold shower, but I will get it done this week!

It's okay! Honestly, you and the coldness and duration of your showers are your business. You are only accountable to yourself to push as hard as you want to. There is no ego in any of it, I swear, so if you have to take your time and get over a bug or an allergy or something, by all means do that.

Also, yeah, coffee beans. Or did I miss something?

Aw, so sorry for AT, Kim :( I'm glad he's slowly on the med - hope he gets all better really quickly and with no complications. We should knit him a little turtle sweater to keep him warm through winter :D Hmmm... maybe not - might get a bit water-logged.

Well, I hope you don't have salmonella, and that you're feeling better today. Hugs for you, Keba, and AT.

It's okay! Honestly, you and the coldness and duration of your showers are your business. You are only accountable to yourself to push as hard as you want to. There is no ego in any of it, I swear, so if you have to take your time and get over a bug or an allergy or something, by all means do that.

Also, yeah, coffee beans. Or did I miss something?

Oh, I will do it because I said I will. I just need the right time to do it.

I missed the reference to coffee, that's all. Sadly, I am not at a point that I can drink it black, so coffee is not paleo for me.

Aw, so sorry for AT, Kim :( I'm glad he's slowly on the med - hope he gets all better really quickly and with no complications. We should knit him a little turtle sweater to keep him warm through winter :D Hmmm... maybe not - might get a bit water-logged.

Well, I hope you don't have salmonella, and that you're feeling better today. Hugs for you, Keba, and AT.

No fever, so it must be left overs from the wheat germ. YAY! I do not see him willingly wearing a sweater. Maybe a wrap? That would be precious! I could see him now, with it on and seeing me the "mooooooom" look. Awwwwww!

Very glad to hear AT is rallying, and that you are not infected.

I'm having the same problem with coffee--waaay too bitter by itself. I used to use chocolate syrup to make a mocha. I thought maybe if I used an allowed sweetener (the allowed Whole30 sweetener is juice), so I made a pear butter with only pears and a little fresh apple cider). The pear butter was delicious but it was ghastly in coffee. What was I thinking...

I only recently started drinking coffee when I quit drinking Coke. I missed the caffeine mid-afternoon.

I guess it's time to convert my caffeine habit to tea. Earl Grey. Hot. (Or maybe green tea would be even better.)

I missed the reference to coffee, that's all. Sadly, I am not at a point that I can drink it black, so coffee is not paleo for me.

You can always try with almond milk instead of regular. Or coconut oil (weird, but I know people who love it). And honey instead of sugar.

But I understand, in the end it becomes something else... Then better tea as somebody else suggested...

Good luck with all the health issues: you have a real challenge there, and in comparison our six week thing is a piece of (paleo) cake

I love your thread! I like how you are re-learning karate. I am doing the same sort of thing with Iaido and was planning on making my next challenge about re-learning karate too. I hope you knee gets better!

What kind of turtle do you have? I have a year old common snapping turtle. I can't believe how attached I have become. If anything happened to him…… :(

Very glad to hear AT is rallying, and that you are not infected.

I'm having the same problem with coffee--waaay too bitter by itself. I used to use chocolate syrup to make a mocha. I thought maybe if I used an allowed sweetener (the allowed Whole30 sweetener is juice), so I made a pear butter with only pears and a little fresh apple cider). The pear butter was delicious but it was ghastly in coffee. What was I thinking...

I only recently started drinking coffee when I quit drinking Coke. I missed the caffeine mid-afternoon.

I guess it's time to convert my caffeine habit to tea. Earl Grey. Hot. (Or maybe green tea would be even better.)

I am a worried momma, I can't help it. LOL I can drink tea with honey if I have enough sleep that I don't need the caffeine. I did the caffeine pills before, but I would prefer my caffeine to be paleo too. :)

Stevia! Sugarless sweetener, enhances the insulin response, and bridges the gap fantastically. Though, if you can't handle it without cream, then you're right.

Yep, I need cream too. Stevia is extremely processed and Robb Wolf doesn't consider it paleo. I have it it natural and it is super bitter.

Hello! Welcome to the monks (a bit late I know....) I hope your week improves and your turtle gets healthy!

Thank you! It has been gett ing better and AT is on the mend.

Will second the rec for Stevia. Good stuff.

Sadly, I don't like the flavor of the processed stuff unless it is in Sobe Life Water and that's not plaeo. LOL

You can always try with almond milk instead of regular. Or coconut oil (weird, but I know people who love it). And honey instead of sugar.

But I understand, in the end it becomes something else... Then better tea as somebody else suggested...

Good luck with all the health issues: you have a real challenge there, and in comparison our six week thing is a piece of (paleo) cake

Not sure about the honey and coffee. I tried almond milk in coffee once and didn't like it. It could have been the brew though. After a long time of health issues, I am learning to make my body catch up.

Hey! how are you feeling? how's AT?

I am pretty good. AT's skin is going back to a normal green-yellow instead of pink! YAY!

I love your thread! I like how you are re-learning karate. I am doing the same sort of thing with Iaido and was planning on making my next challenge about re-learning karate too. I hope you knee gets better!

What kind of turtle do you have? I have a year old common snapping turtle. I can't believe how attached I have become. If anything happened to him…… :(

AT is a red eared slider. Most people don't realize how much personality and adorableness turtles have until they spend some time with one. (Or just see an African side neck. Those guys always loook like that are smiling!)

It is amazing how the body will remember things you don't, huh?

Just stopping by to offer hugs. Hope AT is still on the mend.

He is! I was so worried. He is actually eating better foods than pre-illness too! He was a bad little turtle and wouldn't eat healthy foods or his suppliments, but now he is. I think that is helping too.

Sorry I disapeared for a day. I went to my friends' house last night and hung out for a few hours then gave AT a shot and went to bed. Today, I went to my brother's house and worked out with my nephew a bit. He is doing really well for a 9yr old that only goes to karate once a month.

Yesterday, was my super busy work day since I run around helping people with eLearning, making trainees badges, and doing a Back of House tour of the property. I always grab a drink from the coolers and show them how to use the kiosk. By that point in the tour, I need something to drink anyways. Well, I grabbed a red bull and had 2/3 of it drank before I realized what I did. Dang it. Otherwise, I'm good on the paleo + dairy + coffee. I also missed on Wednesday for the home practice and stretches. I will have to look at that day more closely to figure out how to make it work better.

So if we were keeping count, here is where I would stand:

Task One- 3/4

Task Two- 3/4

Task Three- 3/4

Tomorrow is going to be my 100% paleo food day and probably my cold shower day as well. I'm going to be in bed by 11pm so I can get enough sleep to go without coffee tomorrow. Besides, I will be moving table and gearing up for Monday training, so it's not like I will be sitting long enough to fall asleep. LOL

AT is a red eared slider. Most people don't realize how much personality and adorableness turtles have until they spend some time with one. (Or just see an African side neck. Those guys always loook like that are smiling!)

It is amazing how the body will remember things you don't, huh?

I dated a girl who had a turtle and said it had a personality. I made fun of her and the turtle. Now I have one and I am telling everyone that mine has a personality and how cute he is. People don't get it. I wonder if Turtles are a monk thing?

You can try coconut milk in the coffee too. :)

I dated a girl who had a turtle and said it had a personality. I made fun of her and the turtle. Now I have one and I am telling everyone that mine has a personality and how cute he is. People don't get it. I wonder if Turtles are a monk thing?

I had a turtle once that I saved from a Houston Suburb street. Named him Norman. He was awesome. I gave him away to one of the kids at my TaeKwon-Do school. He is still kicking almost a year later! :)

Sorry I was busy over the weekend!

Awwww, that is so mean! I think, in general, if it doesn't have fur some pepole think it doesn't have a personality. If turtles are a Monk thing, that makes my quest to make AT a NF mascot even more valid.

So happy to hear about AT! Sounds like you're doing fairly well, too. Keep on, Kim!

He is doing better. He almost bit Keba last night he was so fiesty!

I hope AT is better soon!

He seems like it. Keba will be takin him to the vet this week for a check up.

Invincible_Turtles_by_nerdsareinvading.p

OMG, if this was true! Sadly, this concept would not work in real life. The poor guy on top would die. (Just putting that here in case it someone sees it and decided to try it.)

You can try coconut milk in the coffee too. :)

I had a turtle once that I saved from a Houston Suburb street. Named him Norman. He was awesome. I gave him away to one of the kids at my TaeKwon-Do school. He is still kicking almost a year later! :)

Eh, I took an espresso shot straight. It was gross, but it worked enough. YAY for still kicking!

Great work, KT :) I'm so glad to hear that AT is doing better, it's quite a relief.

How's your weekend going? Did you do your paleo day?

Paleo days were Friday and Saturday. They went on well enough, but part of what helped was that in the office building next door is a super great cafe. I think it is for employees only, but I still sneak in and buy lunch. I can get grass fed burgers and nitrate free bacon! One of the cooks told my friend that nothing comes out of a can and that they prep everything there. Completely worth the sneaking in.

So, weigh in this morning.... I weigh 249.6lbs. That is a 6.8 pound difference. (116.3kg to 113.2kg) I am happy but also expecting no change in weight this week due to that massive drop.

OK, I have to get ready for work. I'll stop by every one's threads tonight after karate and do a week end recap.