Kim Taura Transitions

Gluten free Thanksgiving--you go grrl! Hope you have a great holiday!

Happy thanksgiving Kim!

I hope there is much gluten-free goodness at your table :D

Ooh boy. So, how'd it go?

I ended up eating gluten because otherwise I would barely have had anything to eat. I did avoid the bread though. Stomach issues wasn't as bad as I thought, but the weight gain didn't make me happy.

Sooooo, I think I am going to have to ammend my goals a bit. I need to work on a couple things (like sleep) more in order to really go full paleo. I also need a better look at my snacks. So, I will get a bonus point if I go full paleo, but I don't HAVE to do 2 days. Also, I'm letting some legumes back in. Namely, a bit of hummus for carrots. Also, I have had to buy not so great yogurt to save some money and it has cornstarch in it. Ewww, but I can buy 3 of them for one Chobani.

Good News: Shots for Sorcha are over! YAY! That also means I can go to bed earlier as I don't have to wait for Keba to get home.

Bad News: I am having a computer issue where my computer will not completely shut down. As Keba is my IT guy and he isn't as worried about it as me, I have no clue when this will be fixed. I will be stuck using my phone to come on here, so I apologize for the small/ quick responses on threads.

Yogurt is really easy to make, Kim. You just heat a quart of mlik to just barely the boiling point, let it cool to 140 degrees (I think that's the right number), stir in a tablespoon of any yogurt you like (for the bacterial starter), and put it in a thermos overnight, about 8 hours. In the morning--yogurt! The longer you leave it the more tart it gets, so you can tailor the time to suit your taste. Very affordable that way.

For the next batch, you can use a tablespoon of your previous batch for the bacteria culture.

I ended up eating gluten because otherwise I would barely have had anything to eat. I did avoid the bread though. Stomach issues wasn't as bad as I thought, but the weight gain didn't make me happy.

Sooooo, I think I am going to have to ammend my goals a bit. I need to work on a couple things (like sleep) more in order to really go full paleo. I also need a better look at my snacks. So, I will get a bonus point if I go full paleo, but I don't HAVE to do 2 days. Also, I'm letting some legumes back in. Namely, a bit of hummus for carrots. Also, I have had to buy not so great yogurt to save some money and it has cornstarch in it. Ewww, but I can buy 3 of them for one Chobani.

Good News: Shots for Sorcha are over! YAY! That also means I can go to bed earlier as I don't have to wait for Keba to get home.

Bad News: I am having a computer issue where my computer will not completely shut down. As Keba is my IT guy and he isn't as worried about it as me, I have no clue when this will be fixed. I will be stuck using my phone to come on here, so I apologize for the small/ quick responses on threads.

yeah, shitty sleep habits can really ruin everything.

is your computer PC, Mac, or laptop?

Pallas, I made it once in Science class. Should be easy to add frozen fruit to to sweeten it up.

So,Krebs fixed my computer, but I spent my time buying presents on it. Yay! Tomorrow I practice karate with my nephew and he gets a present early- a snare drum and bell kit for band. It was expensive, but that is what aunts are for.

Having carrots (and hummus), black olives, and some almonds to snack on helps at work. Now to figure out dinner since I doubt a can of pineapple is an acceptable dinner.

Pallas, I made it once in Science class. Should be easy to add frozen fruit to to sweeten it up.

So,Krebs fixed my computer, but I spent my time buying presents on it. Yay! Tomorrow I practice karate with my nephew and he gets a present early- a snare drum and bell kit for band. It was expensive, but that is what aunts are for.

Having carrots (and hummus), black olives, and some almonds to snack on helps at work. Now to figure out dinner since I doubt a can of pineapple is an acceptable dinner.

ah yes, the aunt spoilings - i do that too, my nephews are getting remote control cars for christmas from me :)

And a can of pineapple might be acceptable, depending on what you do with it ;)

Oh, comp is a pc that Keba build for me. The computer wouldn't turn off and the background wouldn't go away. Somehow he fixed it though.

attribute it to Man Magic.  I'm convinved that there's such a thing.  funnily enough, though -- an unsurprising --, I'm actually the one in my r'ship with Man Magic.

for instance:

Brian woke up before me yesterday morning.  when I did get up, Zero followed me into the room.  Brian goes, "Zero, you really should do something about that roach in the kitchen."  (he's TERRIFIED of bugs.)  so of course, I had to get it out.

I also do all the tech work on his computer and phone.  I hook up the stereo system and internet, etc.

so yeah, Man Magic.

attribute it to Man Magic.  I'm convinved that there's such a thing.  funnily enough, though -- an unsurprising --, I'm actually the one in my r'ship with Man Magic.

for instance:

Brian woke up before me yesterday morning.  when I did get up, Zero followed me into the room.  Brian goes, "Zero, you really should do something about that roach in the kitchen."  (he's TERRIFIED of bugs.)  so of course, I had to get it out.

I also do all the tech work on his computer and phone.  I hook up the stereo system and internet, etc.

so yeah, Man Magic.

LOL boys. Keba loves spiders and I hate him. He won't let me kill them at all. LOL

Oh My Goodness, I fell the heck off the NF wagon. I had a couple gluten slips and added some "but it isn't gluten free!" crap too. Stretching didn't happen and I felt it once the cold really hit. Oh, and my wii fit batteries all died, so I haven't weighed myself in forever. All no good.

But, I don't suck at my bo kata enough that I get to start San Chin. The Isshinryu way of doing it is the same as Gojuryu- it is ALL hard. My knees  and ankle hurt from the stance, but I am getting it. Slowly.

AT is better and is now eating better, though he is no longer paleo. He is eating turtle pellets again, so YAY! They are like multivitamin filled meals, but they are processed so they don't count. Oh well.

Finally, Keba and I have made a decision. Our duplex sucks, but it is so cheap, even with the leaky windows and all. We are going to stay and make this place a proper home. He thinks it is fine, but there is too much stuff in boxes and not organized for me. So, that will be the next endeavor.

Home is what you make it, I guess. And I definitely get staying somewhere because it's cheap.

Sorry to see that you fell off the wagon, there. But it sounds like other things went well too, so it's not like it's a total loss, right?

No, but it is frustrating that every single challenge something comes up week 3. I have gotten sick, gotten injured, dad had cancer, work overload, family drama, just something. I need to figure out a 100% fullproof way to keep going when the crap hits the fan. I think that may be my New Years Resolution. Using Steve's mario cart reference, I am Bowser and i keep hitting banana peels.

No, but it is frustrating that every single challenge something comes up week 3. I have gotten sick, gotten injured, dad had cancer, work overload, family drama, just something. I need to figure out a 100% fullproof way to keep going when the crap hits the fan. I think that may be my New Years Resolution. Using Steve's mario cart reference, I am Bowser and i keep hitting banana peels.

Well, you may keep hitting the banana peels, but that just puts you one step closer to the blue shell. :)

Believe me, I can appreciate your frustration. Thankfully, there's no real drama in my family yet and I've never had to go through family members having cancer. But I have yet to have a challenge that runs smooth. There's always too much work to do or too many engagements I have to keep, that kind of thing.

It's tough. But you're a GL, and you didn't get there for nothing. I'm sure you'll figure it out.

Well, you may keep hitting the banana peels, but that just puts you one step closer to the blue shell. :)

Believe me, I can appreciate your frustration. Thankfully, there's no real drama in my family yet and I've never had to go through family members having cancer. But I have yet to have a challenge that runs smooth. There's always too much work to do or too many engagements I have to keep, that kind of thing.

It's tough. But you're a GL, and you didn't get there for nothing. I'm sure you'll figure it out.

Waaaiiit, what?! We are supposed to figure stuff out? Then I'm doomed, LOL.

Well, my Yule has been filled with kitchen gear. I have a nice food processor, a mixer, and a bullet blender. I also received a cast iron dutch oven. *Ooooooooh*

I have decided to go back to some "old" stuff from the Level Up Club, like tracking macros. Staci had come up with an awesome calculator to figure out what the macros should be and I have a nifty excel spreadsheet where I can track it. I've been portioning and entering macros all evening.

Work was dull today, so I started my house cleaning/ organizing lists. One is for Keba, one is for me, one is general cleaning, and one is "we should buy this stuff". In the next month, I'd like to have my house clean and a schedule set up to keep it that way. Clean laundry will probably be the hardest part. (We never fold it and put it away.)

So, that's what I am working on. I am giving myself to the end of January to be into a routine.

• Like 1