I'm gonna get there! Part 2 ...

*eowyn*

Hello there!

This is my 2nd challenge, so onwards to work!! :)

Main quest:

• lose 8 lbs

Subgoals to succeed in main quest:

1. Do a meal plan every Sunday/Monday, buy and eat according to it (80% of the time is a success) This applies only for one to two meals per day because I am working in a cafe daily where I get a free, healthy lunch :)
  2. Cook one new paleo recipe per week - that makes 6 by the end of the challenge
  3. Exercise 3 times per week, at least once per week strength training

Life quest:

I am actually very much looking forward to this :D

• tidy up for 15 minutes every day

I hope this will help me to make my daily life a bit more organised and easier!

Starting measurements and weight:

Weight: 117 kg (258,2 lbs)

Neck: 37 cm

Chest: 124 cm

Waist: 112 cm

Hip: 130 cm

- A smooth sea never made a skillfull sailor - 

My Battle Log|1st|2nd challenge!

Lvl. 2 Human turtle

Str: 2 | Dex: 1 | Sta: 1 | Con: 1 | Wis: 5 | Cha : 3

From 121 cm waist to 90 cm

29%
29%

Great goals!! I need to steal your tidy up goal lol :)

Scout - Level 15 Half-Elf Ranger

STR15 | DEX5.5 | STA17 | CON39.5 | WIS18 | CHA10.5 

Challenges: Current Challenge #18 | #17 Part 2 | #17#16#15#14#13#12 Part 2 | #12#11 | #10 | #9 | #8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 Part II | #4 | #3 | #2 | #1

My Blog | Facebook | My BeachBody | My NF Character

Spoiler

Lose 84 lbs (From 219 to 135): Current weight = 202.9

100%
19%

Walk to Mordor (Hobbiton to Mount Doom - 1779 miles) [so far: 1515.60 miles  - logged to 06/13/16

[progress=purple]85[/progress]

Great goals!! I need to steal your tidy up goal lol :)

Hahaha! You are welcome to!

I thought thats one of the few things I need to do anyway but still have to kick my ass to do it. AND will do me some good! :D

Thx, I tried to keep it easy this time ^-^

• Like 1

Lvl. 2 Human turtle

29%
29%

Sub'd! :-)

Great results for the last challenge (measurements are way down! Impressive!)

Looking forward to see what you can do this time around! :encouragement:

(And also looking forward to the recipes you're trying out! ;))

Hobbit 

Challenges: 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9| 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

My shiny new "battle" log - probably more of a plodding-along log, but hey, it's mine!

Week 1 Day 1

Meal plan week 1 (one meal per day to do):

Tuesday: Beefy Pizza soup

Wednesday: Peppery salad with cheese and chicken

Thursday: Beef pizza soup part 2

Friday: Spinach omelette

Saturday: Garlic soup

Sunday: Garlic soup

Clean up room for 15 minutes? - Check! It's still a mess but a bit less of a mess :D [1/7]

Sub'd! :-)

Great results for the last challenge (measurements are way down! Impressive!)

Looking forward to see what you can do this time around! :encouragement:

(And also looking forward to the recipes you're trying out! ;))

Always better than the last time - that's my goal! Though I had really good results, I feel like I didn't do that well - time to try again^^

Oh yes, I love trying out new recipes, and I hope the yucky kitchen situation (student housings...) won't hold me back!

Go go Xena! So lucky of your free healthy lunch!

:) Today it was rice with beef, ginger and bamboo stir fry plus fried squid :P

Lvl. 2 Human turtle

29%
29%

Week 1 Day 2 and 3

They weren't really good because they were soooo packed that I was too tired to cook my meals for dinner. Solution: I have to prepare something on Sunday or Monday night that I can just defrost/ heat up, otherwise this won't work. At least I cleaned up one day [2/7]

Week 1 Day 4

Bit less stressy today, managed to clean up [3/7] and to eat a meal according to plan! [1/6]

Today was good for another reason: I realised a few weeks ago, that I have too much stuff going on, so I can't fully focus on the stuff that I should, thats college and losing weight. Yes, I made losing weight my priority, but its hard if you need your strength also for other stuff that you just HAVE TO DO. Also, being right in the middle, you sometimes don't have enough distance to see where you're heading to, or, where you want to head to. What usually kept me going was my strong motivation, but, that was... forgotten? I just can't see myself at the moment, I have to keep track on so much other stuff.

BUT what I can do is finding my motivation by looking at my loved ones. One of my very own motivations struck me today and that was that I want to inspire my family weight loss and personality wise. Especially my mum, I am a bit concerned about her health and I really really hope by showing her how I take responsibility for my health and happiness that she will do the same. Even if I lose myself in my busy life, I never ever stop thinking about and caring for others.

So I pinned a paper on my night stand, reminding me on that I want to inspire my family :)

This week is really dreadful, I've got an essay due tomorrow, I haven't even nearly finished reading; I have to hand it in late. I am really worried about that at the moment! And I still need to exercise...

Lord, give me strength. And a lightspeed working brain.

Lvl. 2 Human turtle

29%
29%

That's a great motivation!

And I can surely relate to being overwhelmed with... well, everything. :( Is there anything on your schedule you can get rid of? Or maybe delegate (well, not your essay, of course, but, you know... ;))

I'm at a similar place at the moment. I know I should be doing more (for one thing I should be eating better, my bad habits have come back with a vengeance during the last couple of weeks :(), but my energy is not limitless. So I had to prioritize, and my eating habits didn't make it this time. I know I can't outrun (or in my case out-train) my fork, so I plan on adding diet goals to my next challenge. But for the next couple of weeks, I'll just have to let it slide. *sigh*

Good luck with your essay!

Hang in there! We'll be here whenever you find the time to check in... *hugs*

Hobbit 

My shiny new "battle" log - probably more of a plodding-along log, but hey, it's mine!

That's a great motivation!

And I can surely relate to being overwhelmed with... well, everything. :( Is there anything on your schedule you can get rid of? Or maybe delegate (well, not your essay, of course, but, you know... ;))

I'm at a similar place at the moment. I know I should be doing more (for one thing I should be eating better, my bad habits have come back with a vengeance during the last couple of weeks :(), but my energy is not limitless. So I had to prioritize, and my eating habits didn't make it this time. I know I can't outrun (or in my case out-train) my fork, so I plan on adding diet goals to my next challenge. But for the next couple of weeks, I'll just have to let it slide. *sigh*

Good luck with your essay!

Hang in there! We'll be here whenever you find the time to check in... *hugs*

Oh yes, limited energy.... I don't think there is anything I can get rid off, but I will try to do less 'unnecessary' things.

Bit unlucky that I now finally have a diagnosis for my joint pain: Its Joint Hypermobility Syndrome! And though I was happy as hell just to know what's wrong with me, I am not so happy today because it means pain for the rest of my life.

It also means that I have to change a lot....

On the other side, it's also a very good motivation for getting fit and healthy (being extremely fit is whats recommended...) and I might get mitigation circumstances in college because it's a chronic condition.

Aaah, too much going on. I'd love to simplify my life, really.

Thanks for the hugs :)

Lvl. 2 Human turtle

29%
29%

Summary Week 1

Goal 1: Meal plan - I ate 4 out of 6 days the meals planned - plus a lot of junk :( Yes it's THAT time of the month

Goal 2: Cook one paleo recipe - Check! The Garlic Soup was really nice :)

Goal 3: Exercise 3 times - Check.... but I didn't do strength training :S

Life quest: 6/7.

I hope next week is a bit better! - I made time management schedules for every day today, I hope it will help.

Meal plan week 2:

• Mon: Chicken breast plus salad
  • Tue: Pre-cooked Chilli
  • Wed: Pre-cooked Chilli
  • Thu: Stuffed bell pepper oriental
  • Fri: Cheese and spinach Omelette with salmon
  • Sat: Sushi or a burger (:D)
  • Sun: leftovers!

Lvl. 2 Human turtle

29%
29%

I hope next week is a bit better! - I made time management schedules for every day today, I hope it will help.

This week looks pretty good to be honest! Too many people think they fail when actually, they've worked during the week to make a genuine difference. You've done really well, pat yourself on the back! You've taken some ace steps forwards! Go Xena!

• Like 1

Level 6 Pirate-Ninja Ranger

“If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude. Don’t complain.†~Maya Angelou

(STR - 12) (DEX - 8) (STA - 12) (CON - 14) (WIS - 12) (CHA - 8)

CHALLENGE 6: Neph Arrives fashionably late.

This week looks pretty good to be honest! Too many people think they fail when actually, they've worked during the week to make a genuine difference. You've done really well, pat yourself on the back! You've taken some ace steps forwards! Go Xena!

That summary really sounds pretty successful to me, too!

Keep up the good work, and good luck with your new schedule! :encouragement:

Maybe its just because I REALLY want to focus on getting healthy/losing weight, but other things need to be priority right now - like not screwing up assessments -  and that is frustrating me.

And of course I need time to ease myself into this, I guess. 

I am now down to my starting weight again (thank you hormones for the 3 kg extra - without any apparent reason!) which makes me feel less like a hopeless case.

Strangely enough my bones are really hurting at the moment; this night I lifted my arm under my head in an awkward angle (belly sleeper) and I could feel my whole arm bones hurting, not like the striking pain when you're making a wrong movement but just awkward, not very reassuring :( I hope the doctor was right with her diagnosis and its not something else... On Monday, I tried to get my codein but my prescription was expired - by 3 days. Lovely.

On the upper side, I ordered 'It starts with food' and I have reason to believe that it will be a good read :D

My eating this week is much better but I already forgot to clean one day *ahem* - I need to stick some post-its with 'tidy up!' at places in my room!

Cheers!

Lvl. 2 Human turtle

29%
29%

I understand your frustration - I, too, would like to change more towards a healthier lifestyle. But everyone has only a limited amount of energy and time, so you usually have no other choice but to prioritize and find out what's most important for you and needs the most of your resources at the moment.

At least until someone invents a working time machine. ;) Then at least time won't be a limiting factor anymore.

Congrats on improving your diet this week! :star:

The post-it notes are a great idea! Also, re building cleaning habits: Have you heard of FlyLady? Lots of good ideas there. Not that I have somehow adopted all the good habits she describes... *cough*

You'll rock the rest of week #2! \m/

Hobbit 

Congrats on improving your diet this week! :star:

The post-it notes are a great idea! Also, re building cleaning habits: Have you heard of FlyLady? Lots of good ideas there. Not that I have somehow adopted all the good habits she describes... *cough*

You'll rock the rest of week #2! \m/

Bwahahaha xD - Thanks for the advise, I will have a look!

But I fear I won't rock this week, caught a baaaaaaad stomach bug .... Been trapped to bed since Tuesday afternoon with all the nice stuff that comes with it. Like not being able to eat. I have to take some powder dissolved in water to avoid dehydration. My doctor said I shouldn't bother with eating ... :S

Fooood....... foooooooooooooooooooooooooood!!! I miss you!!!

Lvl. 2 Human turtle

29%
29%

You've both said the same thing - a 'life style change'. Guess what? That doesn't happen over night. It's a life style change. You can spend the rest of your life changing how you live it. But the important thing is to make sure you do live it. Never get so caught up in changing stuff that you forget to have fun!

Hope you're feeling better Xena!

• Like 1

Level 6 Pirate-Ninja Ranger

“If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude. Don’t complain.†~Maya Angelou

(STR - 12) (DEX - 8) (STA - 12) (CON - 14) (WIS - 12) (CHA - 8)

CHALLENGE 6: Neph Arrives fashionably late.

Argh stupid phone didn't sent my answer this week, whatever.

Thanks Neph for the tough love, think I needed that :D

What happened this week:

I am finally at the stage where I am no longer afraid to eat anything else than soup - oh yeah! I'm going to try eggs for dinner!

Of course that means that eating was off the past two weeks... 

While I was sick, 'It starts with food' arrived at my door and I am sooo hooked! I was eating low carb all the time (except for this damn moments when you eat a piece of bread because you're invited to dinner and damn hungry - and then you can't stop eating carbs for a few days ) and am totally willing to go all paleo! So I will do my best to eat as my paleo as possible - but I won't be too harsh to myself because I've got such a long way in front of me, there is plenty of time for adjusting. Not saying I will be undisciplined or anything, you know me, I am always way too judgemental with myself and that's what should stop in that matter.

I love the idea of real food and getting back to it!

Ok, exercising wasn't a thing either because I spent almost 2 weeks lying in the bed. It's sooo frustrating, seeing my legs and arms and how much muscles I lost. And then going for a walk and FEELING how much muscles I lost. I am glad I took the whole week off so I could try to regain some strength for work, I was so weak. As soon as I could, I did a walk and did single body weight exercises; I need that strength and I can't wait to be less wobbly/fluffy...

As you can guess, I lost a lot of weight (2 weeks of diarrhoea - watery!!) - 13 lbs since challenge start. All I can do is avoid carbohydrates like hell and try to not gain weight while replacing the fat with muscles. So far it worked; I ate my fat and protein and vegetables (stews ftw) and haven't been blowing up like a balloon because I started eating again. Can't wait until I am my strong self again, I always bragged with being strong, loved that about me!

Also, I cleaned up every day! It's easy to get frustrated about the state of your room if you're stuck in it 24/7 :D

How is it going with your challenges??

Lvl. 2 Human turtle

29%
29%

Hi Xena, I'm so glad to hear that you are finally feeling better!

Being sick definitely sucks, especially being sick for two weeks in a row. :nightmare:

I haven't read "It starts with food", but I'm all for eating more real food and less processed crap. :encouragement: Doesn't always work for me, but I'm getting better. ;) It helps a lot that my husband has gone mostly paleo / primal since...whoa! almost a year now! So when we cook on the weekends, it's mostly the "good stuff". :D

I know that feeling weak sucks, big time. Take good care of yourself, and take as much time as you need getting back on your feet. Eating well should really help you there. And before you know it, you'll be crushing the rest of this challenge :encouragement:

Hobbit 

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines