mummybears' bun in the oven

mummybear

So last challenge was a bit of a flunk lets be honest and I could have done a LOT better but now I have proper motivation!

I am currently somewhere between 6-8 weeks pregnant and I need to set a healthy and active foundation to my pregnancy, that doesn't allow for a 70 sodding pound gain this time!

So that is my main goal!

My the mini goals will be to continue to lose a little weight but in a sensible and controlled manner that helps my pregnancy progress at a healthy rate.

To eat a healthy paleo diet, but be mindful of morning sickness and cravings and try to find alternatives to appease the cheese and chocolate Gods.

To de-stress as much as possible with daily quiet time which allows for mediation/ quiet reading or just chillaxing :)

X

Level 3 Human-Bear Hybrid Assasin Daily Battle Log

My Current Challenge

Nerds Assemble!

Past challenges 1,2

Measurements (which I am now chilling my beef on)

217.75lbs

Neck 14.25

T of arm L 12.3 R 12.5

Bust 44

Under bust 37

Waist 34.5

Hips 43.25

T of thigh L 26 R 26.5

T of knee L 17.5 R17.25

I dont expect the bust waist or hips to decrease from now on and I dont think it would be healthy if they did but I would like to tone up and keep active and if that decreases other measurements then woop woop :)

My Current Challenge

Nerds Assemble!

Past challenges 1,2

wellllllll Morning Sickness is a B*TCH this time around and apparently i have lost 1.75lbs in 2 days... which is not good!

Also i have found once again that the only thing i can even think about eating is cheese crackers, so the paleo crockpot curry i made lastnight was a total fail because even the smell of it cooking was awful!, The Husband said it was lovely and im sure it was because ive never done a crap curry in my handydandy crockpot which i usually thoroughly LOVE, but lastnight just wasnt happening :(

Also i didnt manage to get on the treadmill yesterday * motion sickness* you get the idea, so i'm going to get some squats in and hopefully a mile in on the treadmill depending on how long BabyBear naps for.... i'm actually sad the treadmill isn't in front of the tv now after all the moaning i did last challenge, lesson learnt Karma! Be careful what you wish for!

My Current Challenge

Nerds Assemble!

Past challenges 1,2

Congratulations! That's seriously awesome. :)

I was going to message you to find out if you were joining us this time around so I'm glad you made your way back.

The question isn't who's going to let me, it's who's going to stop me!     

~(to come when I remember)

Level 3 Adventurer

Huge NF Meet up?

Polls for marathon meet up: States   International (more info click the link above!)

Congratulations! That's seriously awesome. :)

I was going to message you to find out if you were joining us this time around so I'm glad you made your way back.

Thank You! I am mega excited about Bambino! Babybear is still to young to understand it properly but i can imagine they'll be inseparable when Bambino arrives :)

I was definitely coming back to the group, i just needed a few days to process and then come up with some safe and awesome goals for this one because obviously i need to not overdo the weightloss which is still quite easy and i'm a little worried about that if i'm honest :/ Because i dont want to be losing weight and it harm Bambino but i dont want to put it on either, a slow weightloss isnt a bad thing but a fast one i'm slightly wary of if im honest :/

My Current Challenge

Nerds Assemble!

Past challenges 1,2

Paleo Meals for the Week:

Crockpot BBQ RIbs

Crockpot Curry

Beef Burgers and mega mushroom 'baps' - small amount of cheese was had with some fried onions and tomato paste

Salmon and steamed vegetables

Lamb Roast 

Pork Roast With the crackling, nom nom nom ( Roasted veg and apple slices as well)

Crockpot chilli 

Crockpot Roast Chicken (Note to Self - 4 hours on high is too long, 2.5-3 will do lol)

I try to make as much use of my crock pot as i can because with Babybear running around in his walker and learning to crawl as i type i havent got time to stand at the cooker and watch it cook when hes pulling the telephone down and having strops so with the crock pot i just throw it in and wait till cooked :)

Saturday night we're going to my mother inlaws and she does gluten free sausages and salads and lots of lovely homemade food that i can eat, Might not strictly be from grass fed moo moos but i appreciate the effort she goes to for me/us :) 

My Current Challenge

Nerds Assemble!

Past challenges 1,2

Yesterday was a good day really, I ate well with only a few bits of cheese crackers to keep the nausea at bay, i drank 4 pints of all natural squash for my fluid intake and i went to bed happy :)

As for exercise, a lot of housework was done, squats happened along the way but not as many as i would have liked and the only way i could get BabyBear to sleep was to just hug him and when i tried to put him down he woke up screaming so i didn't get to do a full workout or treadmill session but if its a choice between cwtch ups with my boy or working out then the answer is simple, i'm not complaining :)

so i need to get off here and get going for the day because i'm behind on our schedule already! Not Good! 

Housework and Exercise beware, the mummybear is coming to get you!

My Current Challenge

Nerds Assemble!

Past challenges 1,2

Your food lists are making me drool! I might have to demand a recipe to to and crock pot times. I have one but never manage to get the cooking time right

Level 3 Adventurer

Huge NF Meet up?

Polls for marathon meet up: States   International (more info click the link above!)

Mmmm, cracklings.  I think your goal and your plan to achieve it are excellent.  Especially the de-stressing one.  I think if everybody just took some extra time to chillax, the world would be a better place.   :peaceful:

Blaze the Bounty Hunter

“Great things are not done by impulse, but by a series of small things brought together.”   Vincent Van Gogh

Cool challenge and your listed food all sounds great! 

As a stay at home mum on a farm i have a lot of time to think about food, and i am a caker by trade so i'm always in the kitchen, baking or cooking something so i like to plan out the meal and food, especially like today, The Husband has gone to run a pheasant shoot and he'll be starving hungry when he gets home so he's going to need a sturdy hearty meal (probably a roast) :)

Your food lists are making me drool! I might have to demand a recipe to to and crock pot times. I have one but never manage to get the cooking time right

You are more than welcome to some recipes or crock pot times :) Nom nom nom! It depends on whether your crockpot cooks hot or not if that makes sense, some just cook at a higher or lower temperature so you need to adjust times slightly :)

Mmmm, cracklings.  I think your goal and your plan to achieve it are excellent.  Especially the de-stressing one.  I think if everybody just took some extra time to chillax, the world would be a better place.   :peaceful:

Who DOESN'T love crackling?? its lush! Yeah the destressing will be difficult but i just need to give myself some time each day to just reflect or have some quiet time, I cannot afford for my blood pressure to get too high this time (eclampsia happened with BabyBear) so me being selfish for half an hour isn't really me being selfish :P

My Current Challenge

Nerds Assemble!

Past challenges 1,2

yesterday was a good day!

Dinner was me making some sort of chinese paleo meal which came out a bit wonky but it was edible at least lol and The Husband seemed to enjoy it. I'm not quite sure whether it settled properly in my stomach, but then nothing seems to settle properly at the moment :/

I did some squats which i enjoy and then i tried to get my treadmill mile done whilst BabyBear was asleep but my brother turned up after someone reversed into the front of his car and needed some help so that scuppered that :/ 

Oh well i will get on with it and hopefully get my mile done, and if BabyBear sleeps i might even get two!

My Current Challenge

Nerds Assemble!

Past challenges 1,2

Congrats on the growing bump mummybear! I think its great that you're trying to stick to paleo even with morning sickness and cravings, have you tried making paleo crackers like these? I've not tried them, but they might be worth a go...

Check out my character here!

Previous challenges: one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, eleven, twelve, thirteen, fourteen, fifteen, sixteen, seventeen, eighteen, nineteen,

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." Mark Twain.

Did babybear sleep? And chinese paleo?

No he didn't..... fail! lol and yeh i tried to do a sweet and sour sauce and it didn't really work, it had vinegar and pineapple but not in scary quantities... nevermind, i will try it again and tweek it :)

Congrats on the growing bump mummybear! I think its great that you're trying to stick to paleo even with morning sickness and cravings, have you tried making paleo crackers like these? I've not tried them, but they might be worth a go...

Morning sickness is killing me not going to lie :( i have cheated, the other day the only thing i could look at without it making me feel sick was cheerios so i thought screw it and had some.... to my surprise i didn't have as big of a reaction as i was expecting *shrugs*  I haven't tried that recipe but i'm definitely going to give it a go!! Thank you so much!

My Current Challenge

Nerds Assemble!

Past challenges 1,2

If there is ever a time when it's ok to listen to your cravings, it's when you're building a new life. You're body knows what it needs, and as long as you eat well the rest of the time, don't feel guilty about it...

Previous challenges: one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, eleven, twelve, thirteen, fourteen, fifteen, sixteen, seventeen, eighteen, nineteen,

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." Mark Twain.

Okay, so... sorry that i haven't posted in a while, to say i've been feeling rough as a badgers bum would be a VERY STARK UNDERSTATEMENT! I have a chest infection, a heavy cold and horrible horrible morning sickness... and when i'm not being sick i feel sick so i am getting no sort of relief at all, especially at night when i'm sleeping i'll wake myself up feeling sick, and if i move without eating something then i BE sick!.... Whoever said morning sickness only happened in the morning was a sick sick joker!

So yeh i weighed myself this morning and i am 216.75lbs so i have dropped 1 pound so far this challenge and i'm okay with that, i suspect that once i start being able to eat properly again then i will start maintaining to a certain degree. I haven't taken the measurements because after doing my washin up this morning i just don't have the energy... THAT is how bad i am feeling :(

So i hope you bare with me... please, cause i am struggling, mentally and physically.... i just need to find some sort of gentle exercise to do because even doing bb rows was making me feel sick :( I think i'm just generally feeling sorry for myself - and its all my husbands fault! lol x

My Current Challenge

Nerds Assemble!

Past challenges 1,2

If there is ever a time when it's ok to listen to your cravings, it's when you're building a new life. You're body knows what it needs, and as long as you eat well the rest of the time, don't feel guilty about it...

i'm now crying! Damn hormones :S I think i needed someone to tell me that.... i think i'm going to go and chill with Babybear whilst i create life :P x

My Current Challenge

Nerds Assemble!

Past challenges 1,2

Glad to be of service (although not happy about making you cry!)

Go cuddle!

We're always here for you! And  sending you good thoughts to get better!  I'm with LW, eat Paleo as much as you can and if you find that the only thing you can eat is Cheerio's, go for it. Unless you find yourself eating nothing but cheerio's, ;)

Level 3 Adventurer

Huge NF Meet up?

awwwwwww thank you!..... yeh i dont think i could EVER live on cheerios, it just seems to be the only thing that doesnt make me sick and settles my stomach nicely :)

fingers crossed cause i've got fish for lunch :S 

To third the others: if it helps you feel better, go for it!  Hope the morning sickness and infection and everything else settle.  That sounds like a miserable time :-(   Maybe venting on here a bit helps?

Behave yourself, badly if necessary.

Current Challenge

Judo - Shodan

My Character

awwwwwww thank you!..... yeh i dont think i could EVER live on cheerios, it just seems to be the only thing that doesnt make me sick and settles my stomach nicely :)

fingers crossed cause i've got fish for lunch :S 

There's chocolate Cheerios, peanut butter Cheerios, cinnamon burst Cheerios, banana nut cheerios and so many more.  And you can mix and match - I did Chocolate and Peanut Butter together and that was awesome.  I could probably survive on Cheerios for a week solid or more before I got really tired of it.    Hope you feel better soon.  ^_^

Blaze the Bounty Hunter

“Great things are not done by impulse, but by a series of small things brought together.”   Vincent Van Gogh

There's chocolate Cheerios, peanut butter Cheerios, cinnamon burst Cheerios, banana nut cheerios and so many more. And you can mix and match - I did Chocolate and Peanut Butter together and that was awesome. I could probably survive on Cheerios for a week solid or more before I got really tired of it. Hope you feel better soon. ^_^

Good god, I've never heard if half of those! Must be an American thing, cos I'm sure there's only a couple of types here in the UK!

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines